Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:48 AM

Why Is It That The Only Time Any USA President Visited Nigeria Was Obasanjo Era? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is It That The Only Time Any USA President Visited Nigeria Was Obasanjo Era? (38113 Views)

What Was Obasanjo's Nationality Before Nigeria Supposedly Gained Independence / Why Was Obasanjo So Mean? / Was Obasanjo Fathered By Police Officer Onyejekwe? A Myth Buster In Progress (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is It That The Only Time Any USA President Visited Nigeria Was Obasanjo Era? by bluebay(m): 1:00am On Mar 20, 2019
SEXYBILLIONAIRE:
ok. U think now is before Abi. Sai baba till 2030 . He will rule till he die
I hear..
Re: Why Is It That The Only Time Any USA President Visited Nigeria Was Obasanjo Era? by Rexnegro(m): 1:24am On Mar 20, 2019
oyebanji44:
Obj's one aim in life is to make this nation a truly democratic country.he believed that in Nigeria, national loyalties were stronger than tribal ones.And this was one of the reasons why majority of the yorubas disliked him grin grin
obviously you know nothing about the most advanced tribe in Africa called YORUBA (Wikipedia said so not me)

1 Like

Re: Why Is It That The Only Time Any USA President Visited Nigeria Was Obasanjo Era? by divineappo(m): 1:46am On Mar 20, 2019
I av said it before and am saying it again

obasanjo is a CIA Asset, not just in Nigeria, but in Africa

Obasanjo may not win his polling unit during election, but his influence in USA, no African leader has it

1 Like

Re: Why Is It That The Only Time Any USA President Visited Nigeria Was Obasanjo Era? by oldschoollapel(m): 2:07am On Mar 20, 2019
This is the mumuest question I have ever seen.

Re: Why Is It That The Only Time Any USA President Visited Nigeria Was Obasanjo Era? by Empiree: 2:21am On Mar 20, 2019
Franklyspeakin:
Cos the others no sabi maintain bilateral relationship.
No. Because:

# those are the people that corrupted him

# he was the first president of the so called democracy in Nigeria.

# he was their stooge

Now you can understand why he had bilateral relationship with them.
Re: Why Is It That The Only Time Any USA President Visited Nigeria Was Obasanjo Era? by Diso60090(m): 3:46am On Mar 20, 2019
Franklyspeakin:

The once wey sabi who them don epp?
Re: Why Is It That The Only Time Any USA President Visited Nigeria Was Obasanjo Era? by GoodofNaija: 4:34am On Mar 20, 2019
MobilityExpress:
Becauser OBJ was their puppet. He was always dancing to their tune. Buhari no send anybody, GEJ blocked their gay agenda, Abdulsalami didn't fit their plan, IBB always dribble them, Abacha, heeee, that one was a pain in their white asses, but OBJ, both as a military ruler and a civilian President was their go-to guy to push all their agenda in the country, all for padi-padi visits and international recognition. I prefer Abacha to them all. They couldn't control that one and he stood the best chance to uphold the Nigerian agenda and identity.

Stop deceiving yourself!

Buhari does not send anybody, but he runs to the west to treat himself.

Abacha does not send them but he was stealing your money and stashing it in the west.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is It That The Only Time Any USA President Visited Nigeria Was Obasanjo Era? by jaxxy(m): 4:37am On Mar 20, 2019
olas24u:

He was an economic hitman,and his mission was to actually destroy the social political and economic development of Nigeria.from electricity,to railway to ajaokuta ,to Nigeria airways,Nigerian shipping lines ,nothing must work or move

Lol and buahri is what then? After sending us to recession. Obj had a weakness he liked to control it all cos he always felt he knew better and he probably did bt nobody really knows it all. I believe he meant well each time. All the things u mentioned were the failed privatization adventure they hurriedly embarked on and it collapsed due to poor execution amongst others things like inexperienced And poor knowledge in privatization and sm greed. However it wasn’t done to kill the economy but relieve sm burden from government while making money for government by its sales bt they miscalculated like I said.

Nobody talks about how he brought in technocrats like NOI and Cleared most of our debts or sustaina the economy or the policy he revolutionized, like pension schemes, EFCC and many more. We just look at the failed privatization only. Not exactly fair

1 Like

Re: Why Is It That The Only Time Any USA President Visited Nigeria Was Obasanjo Era? by revolt(m): 4:50am On Mar 20, 2019
It was only under obj Nigeria actually progressed ecpnomically. He created a middle class via the financial sector and telecoms. Buhari finally annihilated the middle class in Nigeria. Under obj ppl in diaspora were actually coming back to relocate. This dullard has made eery intelligent person runaway.
Re: Why Is It That The Only Time Any USA President Visited Nigeria Was Obasanjo Era? by olas24u(f): 4:58am On Mar 20, 2019
jaxxy:

Lol and buahri is what then? After sending us to recession. Obj had a weakness he liked to control it all cos he always felt he knew better and he probably did bt nobody really knows it all. I believe he meant well each time. All the things u mentioned were the failed privatization adventure they hurriedly embarked on and it collapsed due to poor execution amongst others things like inexperienced And poor knowledge in privatization and sm greed. However it wasn’t done to kill the economy but relieve sm burden from government while making money for government by its sales bt they miscalculated like I said.

Nobody talks about how he brought in technocrats like NOI and Cleared most of our debts or sustaina the economy or the policy he revolutionized, like pension schemes, EFCC and many more. We just look at the failed privatization only. Not exactly fair
He was an hitman that made sure we has a country remained a thirdworld country.you call transfering huge sums to westerners at once debt payment.Are we not back to the same spot.it was a deal to enrich his master's and also make money.ajaokuta has not functioned for more than 40years.i have been hearing about that place since I was young.it was all deliberate act.systems help to organize society,he refused to restructure the country because it helps in destruction agenda that fits his job of bringing everything down.he introduced the expensive system of presidential system in a developing and poor country, operation feed the nation etc.awolowo was the best candidate for the 79 election,he helped to rig him out and shagari lead us to another road .
Re: Why Is It That The Only Time Any USA President Visited Nigeria Was Obasanjo Era? by olas24u(f): 5:05am On Mar 20, 2019
jaxxy:

Centralization of power will normally affect output in government.he maintained the system ,and ensured hausa fulani oppression of the others,at the work place.unification of all assets belonging to western Nigeria and naming them Nigerian assets.
Re: Why Is It That The Only Time Any USA President Visited Nigeria Was Obasanjo Era? by jaxxy(m): 5:08am On Mar 20, 2019
olas24u:

He was an hitman that made sure we has a country remained a thirdworld country.you call transfering huge sums to westerners at once debt payment.Are we not back to the same spot.it was a deal to enrich his master's and also make money.ajaokuta has not functioned for more than 40years.i have been hearing about that place since I was young.it was all deliberate act.systems help to organize society,he refused to restructure the country because it helps in destruction agenda that fits his job of bringing everything down.he introduced the expensive system of presidential system in a developing and poor country, operation feed the nation etc.awolowo was the best candidate for the 79 election,he helped to rig him out and shagari lead us to another road .

U simply don’t like obasanjo I can see that bt pls acknowledge his brilliance where he showed sm cos we currently have one of the dullest Presidents in history since he left. I hear so much noise about ajaokuta for it not to have functioned in 40 years under different presidents means theirs more to it and need to be addressed differently or properly bt it’s not the only problem this country faces.

We need the best hands to lead the economy. I look at Dubai and see what they have done in a short time from oil revenue and we are here wasting away. We need drastic action and policies to move ahead.
Re: Why Is It That The Only Time Any USA President Visited Nigeria Was Obasanjo Era? by olas24u(f): 5:10am On Mar 20, 2019
jaxxy:

How can you be talking of inexperience ,when they have experts ,it all deliberate act,the electricity problem is a deliberate act , ajaokuta is deliberate act.
Re: Why Is It That The Only Time Any USA President Visited Nigeria Was Obasanjo Era? by jaxxy(m): 5:15am On Mar 20, 2019
olas24u:

Centralization of power will normally affect output in government.he maintained the system ,and ensured hausa fulani oppression of the others,at the work place.unification of all assets belonging to western Nigeria and naming them Nigerian assets.

Even obasanjo at that time cud never find it easy to restructure the country. It’s not a one man show or call. There are many people and interests to contend with. I believe then he had to exhaust the present system for people to see if that can work or not b4 u embark on an unknown restructuring journey in this country. Now people are seeing more reasons for restructuring unlike b4.
Re: Why Is It That The Only Time Any USA President Visited Nigeria Was Obasanjo Era? by olas24u(f): 5:19am On Mar 20, 2019
jaxxy:

U simply don’t like obasanjo I can see that bt pls acknowledge his brilliance where he showed sm cos we currently have one of the dullest Presidents in history since he left. I hear so much noise about ajaokuta for it not to have functioned in 40 years under different presidents means theirs more to it and need to be addressed differently or properly bt it’s not the only problem this country faces.

We need the best hands to lead the economy. I look at Dubai and see what they have done in a short time from oil revenue and we are here wasting away. We need drastic action and policies to move ahead.
United Arab Emirates is a structured country of about 9million people oraround 9.3million .An organized system and structure brings result. seven emirates consisting of Abu Dhabi which serves as the capital, Ajman, Dubai, Fujairah, Ras Al Khaimah, Sharjah and Umm Al Quwain. Each emirate is governed by a ruler; together, they jointly form the Federal Supreme Council. One of the rulers serves as the President of the United Arab Emirates.
Re: Why Is It That The Only Time Any USA President Visited Nigeria Was Obasanjo Era? by jaxxy(m): 5:20am On Mar 20, 2019
olas24u:

How can you be talking of inexperience ,when they have experts ,it all deliberate act,the electricity problem is a deliberate act , ajaokuta is deliberate act.

I will only agree on the electricity part. That was abit deliberate. Remember also obasanjo then was fighting another level of war with his deputy atiku. A huge distraction many don’t realize the dept and how he had to manage the economy and country while dealing with such an issue of an influential vice in a new democracy.
Re: Why Is It That The Only Time Any USA President Visited Nigeria Was Obasanjo Era? by jaxxy(m): 5:25am On Mar 20, 2019
olas24u:

United Arab Emirates is a structured country of about 9million people oraround 9.3million .An organized system and structure brings result. seven emirates consisting of Abu Dhabi which serves as the capital, Ajman, Dubai, Fujairah, Ras Al Khaimah, Sharjah and Umm Al Quwain. Each emirate is governed by a ruler; together, they jointly form the Federal Supreme Council. One of the rulers serves as the President of the United Arab Emirates.

Yes I know they are not as big bt there’s still smtn to learn from how structured they are and how they did it. Lagos has not gotten to a true mega city despite running a large economy. So much wastage and corruption along with the good ideas and intentions.
Re: Why Is It That The Only Time Any USA President Visited Nigeria Was Obasanjo Era? by olas24u(f): 5:28am On Mar 20, 2019
[quote author=jaxxy post=76812659]

Even obasanjo at that time cud never find it easy to restructure the country. It’s not a one man show or call. There are many people and interests to contend with. I believe then he had to exhaust the present system for people to see if that can work or not b4 u embark on an unknown restructuring journey in this country. Now people are seeing more reasons for restructuring unlike b4. [/quote
He himself fought and maintained the unitary system ,he likes the powers that came with centralization,and all his policies was to ensure the status quo.jamb was used to destroyed the educational system in the west,he maintained it,if your hands are tied ,you could still do little things,he made sure everything goes down.NYsc is also useless, Integration is about marriage between people,learning languages and educational exchanges.everything is to bring the country down
Re: Why Is It That The Only Time Any USA President Visited Nigeria Was Obasanjo Era? by olas24u(f): 5:33am On Mar 20, 2019
jaxxy:

I will only agree on the electricity part. That was abit deliberate. Remember also obasanjo then was fighting another level of war with his deputy atiku. A huge distraction many don’t realize the dept and how he had to manage the economy and country while dealing with such an issue of an influential vice in a new democracy.
It may be sharing formula that must have caused the problem,the both don't mean well for Nigeria.what was he able to do properly.efcc?some countries have well organized ministry of corruption,ensuring daily protection of national wealth without favourtism, nepotism and selective justice.
Re: Why Is It That The Only Time Any USA President Visited Nigeria Was Obasanjo Era? by olas24u(f): 5:35am On Mar 20, 2019
jaxxy:

Yes I know they are not as big bt there’s still smtn to learn from how structured they are and how they did it. Lagos has not gotten to a true mega city despite running a large economy. So much wastage and corruption along with the good ideas and intentions.
But the country was structured this way also in the past,why can't they return to a system that works.its same in Ghana, South Africa,United kingdom,kenya.its deliberate,to put the country in a reverse and get rewarded.
Re: Why Is It That The Only Time Any USA President Visited Nigeria Was Obasanjo Era? by orisa37: 5:37am On Mar 20, 2019
OBJ's ways are watched by The Supreme Spirit.
As a General Dictator, he is a Democrat.
As a Civilian President, he is a Supreme Democrat.
OBJ no shaking and remember Satan in Judas forced Jesus to resurrect by The Power of The Holy Ghost.
God bless OBJ, The Latest Oduduwa after Awo.
Re: Why Is It That The Only Time Any USA President Visited Nigeria Was Obasanjo Era? by orisa37: 5:43am On Mar 20, 2019
Franklyspeakin:

That's to say, others no understand nothing.
Re: Why Is It That The Only Time Any USA President Visited Nigeria Was Obasanjo Era? by orisa37: 5:46am On Mar 20, 2019
aristocrazzy:
Because he is afonja undecided

With a Difference.
Re: Why Is It That The Only Time Any USA President Visited Nigeria Was Obasanjo Era? by jaxxy(m): 5:48am On Mar 20, 2019
olas24u:

It may be sharing formula that must have caused the problem,the both don't mean well for Nigeria.what was he able to do properly.efcc?some countries have well organized ministry of corruption,ensuring daily protection of national wealth without favourtism, nepotism and selective justice.

Not sharing formula, more of trying to unseat obj. Yes obasanjo enjoyed the control bt he worked to make the system better with his powers bt he also tried to eat his cake as have it that’s why a lot of things backfired and didn’t workout. I’m sure they know better now.

Atiku came back and was ready to restructure bt most people don’t want to hear it or can’t trust him, we are resistant to change smtmes. Buhari is scared to restructure also.
Re: Why Is It That The Only Time Any USA President Visited Nigeria Was Obasanjo Era? by Blazebond(m): 5:48am On Mar 20, 2019
Hate or love it,OBJ is Nigeria's superweight statesman,the huge respect shown to him by world leader's has not been matched by any other Nigerian President.
Re: Why Is It That The Only Time Any USA President Visited Nigeria Was Obasanjo Era? by jaxxy(m): 5:49am On Mar 20, 2019
olas24u:

But the country was structured this way also in the past,why can't they return to a system that works.its same in Ghana, South Africa,United kingdom,kenya.its deliberate,to put the country in a reverse and get rewarded.

I agree with this completely.
Re: Why Is It That The Only Time Any USA President Visited Nigeria Was Obasanjo Era? by orisa37: 5:52am On Mar 20, 2019
oyebanji44:
Obj's one aim in life is to make this nation a truly democratic country.he believed that in Nigeria, national loyalties were stronger than tribal ones.And this was one of the reasons why majority of the yorubas disliked him grin grin

Get me his Tots on Full Autonomy of The 36 Constitutional States.
Re: Why Is It That The Only Time Any USA President Visited Nigeria Was Obasanjo Era? by orisa37: 5:54am On Mar 20, 2019
aremuforlife:
And what positive impact has their visiting given?
They will only visit if they need something in return, else they will not.
The are needed in Syria and Yemen and not in Nigeria.

U don't understand.
Re: Why Is It That The Only Time Any USA President Visited Nigeria Was Obasanjo Era? by DedeNkem: 6:12am On Mar 20, 2019
Because he lobbied hard to bring them. They didn't just come on their own. He merely wanted to look good, as he was the most corrupt President in the history of this country!
Re: Why Is It That The Only Time Any USA President Visited Nigeria Was Obasanjo Era? by BoboKush(m): 6:45am On Mar 20, 2019
jadeliyi:

AFONJA? Obj Is An Oodua not an afonja

What did u knw

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Percentage Of PVC Collection By States In Picture / El-rufai To Critics : GO AND DIE If You're Not Happy Over My Appointees / Appeal Court Nullifies Dayo Adeyeye’s Election - Abiodun Olujimi Declared Winner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.