Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,887 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:43 PM

FG Backs New Satellite Pay TV (SLTV) To Give Nigerians Value For Money - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Backs New Satellite Pay TV (SLTV) To Give Nigerians Value For Money (32168 Views)

Peter Obi Backs New Naira Policy, Urges Nigerians To Bear With CBN / Anti-Open Grazing Law: FG Backs Herders’ Planned Suit Against South Govs / Dino Melaye: FG Can't Give Nigerians COVID-19 Vaccine Without Research (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Backs New Satellite Pay TV (SLTV) To Give Nigerians Value For Money by clearcrystal: 10:11pm On Mar 07
The Federal Government has unveiled a new satellite pay television which it affirmed would serve as an alternative to existing ones and satisfy the yearning of Nigerians by giving them value for their money.

The Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF), Senator George Akume, made the declaration at the official launch of an indigenous Nigerian satellite television, Silver Lake Television (SLTV) at the Shehu Yar’Adua Centre, Abuja.

Akume noted that the establishment of the outfit is in line with the desire of Nigerians to “reap from the bountiful harvest awaiting investors in the Nigerian economy.”

He commended the management of Metrodigital Limited, the owners of the firm, for what he said was their patriotic step in setting up the satellite television.

“It is becoming very clear that we are on the right path to our collective recovery and prosperity. This is our country; the only one we can truly call our own and we must fix it by ourselves,”
Akume said.

The SGF added: “In recent times, Nigerians have been yearning for alternatives to Satellite Pay TV that can serve as an alternative to the existing ones. SLTV has responded very loud and clear and from the information made available to me, they are willing to give their fellow compatriots real value for their money in terms of service quality and affordability.
https://leadership.ng/federal-govt-backs-new-satellite-pay-tv-to-give-nigerians-value-for-money/

63 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Backs New Satellite Pay TV (SLTV) To Give Nigerians Value For Money by clearcrystal: 10:12pm On Mar 07
I've been using SLTV decoder since September 2023.
With 5k monthly subscription, you will watch all the S sport channels and more.

228 Likes 5 Shares

Re: FG Backs New Satellite Pay TV (SLTV) To Give Nigerians Value For Money by saintopus(m): 10:18pm On Mar 07
They will work very hard to overtake Multichoice

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Backs New Satellite Pay TV (SLTV) To Give Nigerians Value For Money by Administration1: 10:23pm On Mar 07
That court of appeal judgement will be revoked at the supreme Court, just wait an see, those Multichoice guys are really going to make sure they ruin the SLTV.

How I wish the Supreme court will not overturn that Rivers Appeal judgement

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Backs New Satellite Pay TV (SLTV) To Give Nigerians Value For Money by BadMaster: 10:52pm On Mar 07
Administration1:
That court of appeal judgement will be revoked at the supreme Court, just wait an see, those Multichoice guys are really going to make sure they ruin the SLTV.

Kindly give more details on this

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG Backs New Satellite Pay TV (SLTV) To Give Nigerians Value For Money by budaatum: 10:53pm On Mar 07
Akume, who was represented by his Senior Special Assistant (Technical), Prof. Babatunde Bernard, said the operators of SLTV, Metrodigital Limited, took a patriotic step in setting up the satellite television.

“SLTV has responded very loudly and clearly, and from the information made available to me, they are willing to give their fellow compatriots real value for their money in terms of service quality and affordability.

On his part, the Managing Director of Metrodigital Limited, Dr. Ifeanyi Nwafor, regretted that the growth of pay TV in Nigeria had been impeded by policies and legal frameworks that promoted monopoly.

https://punchng.com/fg-unveils-new-pay-tv/

Sounds to me like government, or George Akume, has told his Senior Special Assistant (Technical), Prof. Babatunde Bernard to sell us private TV.

Or is government backing with money?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Backs New Satellite Pay TV (SLTV) To Give Nigerians Value For Money by JAMO84: 10:57pm On Mar 07
I hope this SLTV will be as good as DStv.

Let me go and select a strong concrete wall where I will smash my DStv decoder

126 Likes 6 Shares

Re: FG Backs New Satellite Pay TV (SLTV) To Give Nigerians Value For Money by Administration1: 11:23pm On Mar 07

11 Likes

Re: FG Backs New Satellite Pay TV (SLTV) To Give Nigerians Value For Money by blueghost(m): 11:41pm On Mar 07
Stories as always

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Backs New Satellite Pay TV (SLTV) To Give Nigerians Value For Money by JASONjnr(m): 12:09am On Mar 08
clearcrystal:

Soon as the get favoured and begins to run full time, their services will become useless and their subscription will get higher as well

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG Backs New Satellite Pay TV (SLTV) To Give Nigerians Value For Money by EconomistXplain: 12:17am On Mar 08
Administration1:

Tinubu is interested in overthrowing multi choice....so it will scale through the SC

24 Likes

Re: FG Backs New Satellite Pay TV (SLTV) To Give Nigerians Value For Money by Psady(m): 3:03am On Mar 08
clearcrystal:
Is that so? What location please,it's my first hearing about them.

18 Likes

Re: FG Backs New Satellite Pay TV (SLTV) To Give Nigerians Value For Money by pode(m): 5:58am On Mar 08
Hope this one will not end up like the story of TSTV

86 Likes 4 Shares

Re: FG Backs New Satellite Pay TV (SLTV) To Give Nigerians Value For Money by happney65: 6:34am On Mar 08
H

1 Like

Re: FG Backs New Satellite Pay TV (SLTV) To Give Nigerians Value For Money by meum: 6:34am On Mar 08
If it’s backed by FG forget it. It might just fizzle out.

4 Likes

Re: FG Backs New Satellite Pay TV (SLTV) To Give Nigerians Value For Money by RepoMan007: 6:34am On Mar 08
FG should be neutral and not be backing a competitor against others.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Backs New Satellite Pay TV (SLTV) To Give Nigerians Value For Money by Salubata(m): 6:36am On Mar 08
Pay as you watch if I may understand!

That's Awesome

5 Likes

Re: FG Backs New Satellite Pay TV (SLTV) To Give Nigerians Value For Money by Nahunger(m): 6:37am On Mar 08

Remind me of start times and NTA, Nigerian government has no business running a business.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Backs New Satellite Pay TV (SLTV) To Give Nigerians Value For Money by Macphenson: 6:38am On Mar 08
Will they show Premier league and champions league? If they can, then they have the market, if not they are joking.
Thats the only reason why a lot of Nigerians still subscribe to that exploitative and useless DSTV.

20 Likes

Re: FG Backs New Satellite Pay TV (SLTV) To Give Nigerians Value For Money by Okete001(f): 6:38am On Mar 08
AllTheWayUp:
Another propaganda to distract and bamboozle only APC zombies as usual.
Hate it or love it, with the current state of corruption and ineptitude in the Nigerian public sector, no public company can challenge any industry leading private monopoly like MTN, DSTV, DANGOTE and others, only private companies can challenge and overtake private owned monopoly in Nigeria.

Hehehe

Biafran, learn to appreciate good gestures

16 Likes

Re: FG Backs New Satellite Pay TV (SLTV) To Give Nigerians Value For Money by WantsandMore: 6:38am On Mar 08
clearcrystal:
does it have hdmi?

10 Likes

Re: FG Backs New Satellite Pay TV (SLTV) To Give Nigerians Value For Money by Ejina: 6:40am On Mar 08
Our politicians Nd banks are not helping matters

1 Like

Re: FG Backs New Satellite Pay TV (SLTV) To Give Nigerians Value For Money by superCleanworks(m): 6:40am On Mar 08
saintopus:
They will work very hard to overtake Multichoice

they will do so. then turn around to bite us harder than multichoice.
normal Nigerian tactics.

7 Likes

Re: FG Backs New Satellite Pay TV (SLTV) To Give Nigerians Value For Money by kingar(m): 6:41am On Mar 08
Hope it wouldn’t end like TSTV

6 Likes

Re: FG Backs New Satellite Pay TV (SLTV) To Give Nigerians Value For Money by everythingtall3: 6:41am On Mar 08
i'm getting it, i have to buy Nigerian thing if i want to participate in the development of this country. I'm throwing my southafrican cable away

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Backs New Satellite Pay TV (SLTV) To Give Nigerians Value For Money by Ameduedwin: 6:42am On Mar 08
Is it going to be pay as you go?

1 Like

Re: FG Backs New Satellite Pay TV (SLTV) To Give Nigerians Value For Money by BlueRayDick: 6:43am On Mar 08
If na the only thing Tinubu government fit do be this : Break DSTV's monopoly on PayTV particularly as it pertains to EPL , I will give them kudos .

Glo breaking MTN's monopoly made MTN come down to our level in pricing and service delivery eventually .

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Backs New Satellite Pay TV (SLTV) To Give Nigerians Value For Money by Stevenson20: 6:44am On Mar 08
I pray it will be better than DSTV. Those xenophobics have raped us severally without condom.

If this new one proves to be better than Multichoice, I'll sell my decoder to aboki that deals on iron condemn.

10 Likes

Re: FG Backs New Satellite Pay TV (SLTV) To Give Nigerians Value For Money by Asonaijaaso: 6:44am On Mar 08
Break all the monopolies.
Bring in competitive affordable options.

6 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Okon Enyong Michael Accused Of Impregnating Lady And Abandoning Her Baby / Peter Obi Meets Cardinal Arinze At Basilica Onitsha- Pictures / Charles Ogbu Takes Joe Igbokwe To The Cleaners [MUST READ]

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.