Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,806 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:45 AM

INEC To Decide Okorocha’s Fate Soon - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INEC To Decide Okorocha’s Fate Soon (18642 Views)

Buhari To Decide Next Senate President For Us - Omo-agege / Court To Decide Buhari's Certificate Saga February 7th / Senate Asks INEC To Announce June 12, 1993 Election Results (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

INEC To Decide Okorocha’s Fate Soon by ijustdey: 6:47pm On Mar 18, 2019
Nigeria’s electoral authority Monday said it will take a decision on what to do next about the Imo West Senatorial District controversies.

Rotimi Oyekanmi, Chief Press Secretary to the Independent National Electoral Commission, told The Guardian that the Commission have not issued the district Certificate of Return to any candidate but “will take a decision on what to do next. That decision will be made public when it is taken.”

The senatorial district poll conducted alongside the presidential election on February 23, was contested among 37 candidates including Imo State Governor, Rochas Okorocha.

Okorocha was declared the winner of the poll by INEC Returning Officer, Professor Ibeawuchi Innocent. He polled 97,762 votes to beat his closest rival Hon Jones Onyereri of PDP who polled 63,117 votes.

Innocent, however, said that he declared Okorocha the winner under duress.

“I declared this thing before under duress; I’m still under duress declaring this one,” Professor Innocent had said said before reading out the results at the collation centre in February.

“I have been held hostage here for days so I’m trying to ease off and take my life home back to my children and for the sake of that I am calling these results under duress,” he added.

The governor faulted the allegations and accused the returning officer of acting a script.

However, Okorocha’s name was not on the list of those to be given a certificate of return and despite his protests against the decision, he wasn’t given a certificate when other senator-elects got theirs last week.

https://m.guardian.ng/news/inec-to-decide-okorochas-fate-soon/
Re: INEC To Decide Okorocha’s Fate Soon by ojun50(m): 6:55pm On Mar 18, 2019
Inconclusive national electoral commision make una pity the guy career

3 Likes

Re: INEC To Decide Okorocha’s Fate Soon by Nbote(m): 7:02pm On Mar 18, 2019
I won't b surprised if Okorocha is eventually issued with his certificate of Return... I'm sure both d APC and Rochas will reach some sort of arrangement... Na arrangee govt dem dey run

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC To Decide Okorocha’s Fate Soon by sweerychick(f): 7:17pm On Mar 18, 2019
Soon is when?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC To Decide Okorocha’s Fate Soon by superior1: 8:32pm On Mar 18, 2019
That’s iberiberic-iberiberism

1 Like

Re: INEC To Decide Okorocha’s Fate Soon by princeade86(m): 8:32pm On Mar 18, 2019
Oshiomole: Hello okorocha.
Okorocha: who dey talk?
Oshiomole : na me osho baba. U no go come senate I promise.
Okorocha: dem no born yakubu well.
Oshiomole. Ok wait till tomorrow then.

2 Likes

Re: INEC To Decide Okorocha’s Fate Soon by edlion57(m): 8:35pm On Mar 18, 2019
Der will still give you ur certificate of return under duress ...u never see something... Amechi u are next...der are done with that akpabio

1 Like 1 Share

Re: INEC To Decide Okorocha’s Fate Soon by Gten(m): 8:37pm On Mar 18, 2019
Okorocha, please build INEC Chairman a statue and get your certificate of return.

10 Likes

Re: INEC To Decide Okorocha’s Fate Soon by bizhop01: 8:38pm On Mar 18, 2019
Okorocha why you kidnap my staff?
Re: INEC To Decide Okorocha’s Fate Soon by NotNairalandi(m): 8:39pm On Mar 18, 2019
When okorocha came to power 8 years ago there was a huge jubilation, now they took power away from him, there is a huge jubilation again.....indeed no condition is permanent!

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: INEC To Decide Okorocha’s Fate Soon by fakuta(f): 8:41pm On Mar 18, 2019
Our politics getting dirtier
Re: INEC To Decide Okorocha’s Fate Soon by henrysam(m): 8:43pm On Mar 18, 2019
Let okorocha go and beg oshi-omo-ole his certificate will be given to him.
Its just a fight of power tussle

1 Like

Re: INEC To Decide Okorocha’s Fate Soon by Kenmatt(m): 8:52pm On Mar 18, 2019
I have never been in support or against Okorocha in any form whatsoever, the only governor who made APC proud in the entire South East, but APC lost the state even as they are working tooth and nail to acquire other states in the east which Ebonyi is next on the line.

Behold, APC lost the state due to Okorocha's carelessness.

Personal perspective; Okorocha does not worth to be in the Senate, he will make it a subject of cajole, should he gets the position of the president of the higher chamber, truthfully, higher chamber (Senate) is for men. Not just men but for matured men.

Should he had vied for House of Representative, he wouldn't have got any kwams.

3 Likes

Re: INEC To Decide Okorocha’s Fate Soon by Ihejirikakings(m): 8:59pm On Mar 18, 2019
The blood of that innocent boy is affecting him wethe he like it or not.okorocha kill the boy and Denied it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC To Decide Okorocha’s Fate Soon by Fuckyoumod: 9:02pm On Mar 18, 2019
JasonScoolari:
...After depositing N1billion to Manhood Yakubu's Akant for the purpose of rigging the gubernatorial and senatorial elections, the ugly monkey from Edo state showed him why we the better South call him the "short devil" by taking hostage of his illegal mandate.

Now the statue moulding governor is under duress and he's being furcked by APC with Durex condoms.
grin
hahahahahaha..... Hahahahahahahahaha.... Bros, your mouth go put you for wahala someday.

Bad mouth ki you there!
Re: INEC To Decide Okorocha’s Fate Soon by SamuelAnyawu(m): 9:07pm On Mar 18, 2019
Senator Rochas Okorocha Ride On
Re: INEC To Decide Okorocha’s Fate Soon by omoteacher(m): 9:10pm On Mar 18, 2019
shocked shocked shocked

Power tussle at work, trying to play laws of power on themselves. The one that gains nothing will be the looser, in which is OkoroHausa. Oshiomole is gain gain gain.
Re: INEC To Decide Okorocha’s Fate Soon by JasonScoolari: 9:11pm On Mar 18, 2019
Fuckyoumod:
hahahahahaha..... Hahahahahahahahaha.... Bros, your mouth go put you for wahala someday.

Bad mouth ki you there!
Where there's no war, there's no peace. grin
Re: INEC To Decide Okorocha’s Fate Soon by Goddyj(m): 9:13pm On Mar 18, 2019
Okorocha is gone!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: INEC To Decide Okorocha’s Fate Soon by Wiseandtrue(f): 9:16pm On Mar 18, 2019
INEC/APC just doing everything possible to humiliate Okorocha!!!

Chai! How the mighty has fallen!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC To Decide Okorocha’s Fate Soon by Phonix1234: 9:17pm On Mar 18, 2019
I know diz story don dey change,,, dem don wan give am d certificate.

1 Like

Re: INEC To Decide Okorocha’s Fate Soon by Wiseandtrue(f): 9:20pm On Mar 18, 2019
Phonix1234:
I know diz story don dey change,,, dem don wan give am d certificate.
That will be a shame! a more dent on Yakubu's image!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: INEC To Decide Okorocha’s Fate Soon by senatordave1(m): 9:23pm On Mar 18, 2019
Wiseandtrue:

How? Guy,inec cant just refuse to give him the certificate.they can only delay....
Re: INEC To Decide Okorocha’s Fate Soon by blackboy(m): 9:23pm On Mar 18, 2019
Inec has turned to judge and executioner. Rubbish. Paining them that he abandoned APC in his state and ensured he won. His selfishness is paining them. Partisan and corrupt inec give him his certificate. Records available to you is that he won. Your excuses don't hold water.

2 Likes

Re: INEC To Decide Okorocha’s Fate Soon by senatordave1(m): 9:23pm On Mar 18, 2019
blackboy:
Inec has turned to judge and executioner. Rubbish. Paining them that he abandoned APC in his state and ensured he won. His selfishness is paining them. Partisan and corrupt inec give him his certificate. Records available to you is that he won. Your excuses don't hold water.
Gbam
Re: INEC To Decide Okorocha’s Fate Soon by dockokwus: 9:33pm On Mar 18, 2019
Much as anyone hates it,INEC doesn't have the authority to refuse Okorocha his certificate of return.
This is the rubbish Jega bequeathed to Yakubu and the incompetent successor could not use his brain to know such a situation would arise and vigorously fight to have that section expunged from the electoral act.
The law is explicit and the armed robbers that drafted it and the 2 INEC chairmen that have embraced it,are to blame:that once a returning officer declares a result,even under gunpoint,only the courts can overturn it.
Only in a jungle with mad people can such a law be drafted!
Re: INEC To Decide Okorocha’s Fate Soon by Nobody: 9:40pm On Mar 18, 2019
princeade86:
Oshiomole: Hello okorocha.
Okorocha: who dey talk?
Oshiomole : na me osho baba. U no go come senate I promise.
Okorocha: dem no born yakubu well.
Oshiomole. Ok wait till tomorrow then.

Re: INEC To Decide Okorocha’s Fate Soon by shafsoon: 9:46pm On Mar 18, 2019
inec is return to justuce on this election nd we are supplicant for leader who get this rulling
Re: INEC To Decide Okorocha’s Fate Soon by Nobody: 9:49pm On Mar 18, 2019
Okorocha: hello Osho
Osho: who is this?
Okorocha: is me okorocha O
Osho: oh Okoroawusa na U?
Okorocha: arusi okuzo why U do me this na
Osho: heheheheh imo don do U 30
Okorocha: bia arusi, if I wooz you slap under duress ehh..
Re: INEC To Decide Okorocha’s Fate Soon by Phonix1234: 9:59pm On Mar 18, 2019
Wiseandtrue:

We are all waiting,,, if INEC already made it clear b4 that They cant give Rochas the certificate of return, and now telling us that soon they will decide his fate.... Its clear some compromises has bin made and somethings has definitely changed hands...

I really find it hard to believe even a Goodmorning said by any politician, i may need to check my clock, before i repond to that greeting.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nkechi Ikpeazu Rescues Widow Accused Of Witchcraft / A Muslim Who Risk All To Save His Xtian Neighbours / FG May Increase Petrol Price Soon - Marketers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.