Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:35 AM

"Children Inherit Their Intelligence From Their Mother Not Father" - Research - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / "Children Inherit Their Intelligence From Their Mother Not Father" - Research (27740 Views)

‘this Marriage Wrecked Me’ — How DNA Shows He’s Not Father Of SS ‘son' / Little Boy Attends To His Kid Sister While Their Mother Writes A Test (Video) / Twin Sisters Impregnated By Their Mother's Fiancé In Nasarawa, Welcome Babies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Children Inherit Their Intelligence From Their Mother Not Father" - Research by Ziggylady(f): 3:43pm On Mar 19, 2019
BluntBoy:
Ziggylady minus tribalism would make a perfect match for me as regards intelligent children.

cheesy

Which kain talk be dis now?..i dont even know where to start responding..

2 Likes

Re: "Children Inherit Their Intelligence From Their Mother Not Father" - Research by nnaeyes6: 3:45pm On Mar 19, 2019
see BOBO
Re: "Children Inherit Their Intelligence From Their Mother Not Father" - Research by BluntBoy(m): 3:46pm On Mar 19, 2019
Ziggylady:

cheesy

Which kain talk be dis now?..i dont even know where to start responding..

It demands no response. It is a perfect post grin
Re: "Children Inherit Their Intelligence From Their Mother Not Father" - Research by Ziggylady(f): 3:55pm On Mar 19, 2019
BluntBoy:

It demands no response. It is a perfect post grin

Stuppid actually embarassed
Re: "Children Inherit Their Intelligence From Their Mother Not Father" - Research by mvem(m): 4:05pm On Mar 19, 2019
nijabazaar:
Intelligence is not inherited.....this is super fake.

Einstein gave birth to a schizophrenic and a normal son. Both aint geniuses

Micheal Jackson children aint prodigious even though their father x super talented.

Non of Bill gates children is a veritable programmer
...Michael kids are not his, they were from donors....And you are confusing intelligence for talent... Because Bill Gates was good at programming doesn't mean programming was in his blood and been transferred to his kids, moreover Gates was neccessarily not the brains behind Microsoft in the technical aspect, he was the brains of the business not the programming.... And the report says Mothers transfers the intelligence, so how will a genius Einstein give birth to a genius kids, you should ask who the wife was. Finally schizophrenic kid doesn't mean you ain't intelligent, it means you have a developmental issue....
Re: "Children Inherit Their Intelligence From Their Mother Not Father" - Research by OGHENAOGIE(m): 4:07pm On Mar 19, 2019
teebaxy:
Toor, mk I dey find intelligent girl marry
how do u define intelligence...we live in a dynamic world anyway....am sure if asisat oshola and a graduate is brought to u u would pick d former.... let's create a society wer every one can be useful...nobody was born useless it's about hw our environment treats us and hw we fit in....in things fall apart by Achebe unoka was seen as a useless man but in today's world I doubt if he ll be useless...he knew hw to entertain with his flute Even if he couldn't do his farm well
Re: "Children Inherit Their Intelligence From Their Mother Not Father" - Research by nijabazaar: 4:14pm On Mar 19, 2019
mvem:
...Michael kids are not his, they were from donors....And you are confusing intelligence for talent... Because Bill Gates was good at programming doesn't mean programming was in his blood and been transferred to his kids, moreover Gates was neccessarily not the brains behind Microsoft in the technical aspect, he was the brains of the business not the programming.... And the report says Mothers transfers the intelligence, so how will a genius Einstein give birth to a genius kids, you should ask who the wife was. Finally schizophrenic kid doesn't mean you ain't intelligent, it means you have a developmental issue....

But no research has really proven that intelligence is transferred,.... And acquired talent is a build up of intelligence (innate or learnt).

If we accept that intelligence is transferred we then shouldnt dillydally to accept "The theory of Natural Selection" in its entirety.
Re: "Children Inherit Their Intelligence From Their Mother Not Father" - Research by OGHENAOGIE(m): 4:16pm On Mar 19, 2019
nijabazaar:

If you say intelligence is transmutable to offsprings then why then aint we seeing it with prodigous people land their children.

Take for example , Einstein and Mozart.

Or Steve jobs, or Steve Wozniak or Chinua Achebe. These people raised children in near perfect child-enabling environs but their children aint as extraordinary as them....why

I think intelligence is a quotient of environmental factors and not of genes.

If we go the genes angle, then we are inherently buying into Francis Crick's (One of the DNA discoverers) that the reason why Africans cant progress is because they lack it in their genes to do so. He recieved severe backlash for this, all awards save the Nobel prize was stripped from him
oga Achebe pikin na prof of medicine Wat do u say about dat...then explain wer chimamanda adichie got her flair for writing from...let's try to analyze these things...sometimes these findings are overrated
Re: "Children Inherit Their Intelligence From Their Mother Not Father" - Research by segzybeez(m): 4:34pm On Mar 19, 2019
this is crap.if men get their intelligence from women,how come most inventors and great scientist are men.

2 Likes

Re: "Children Inherit Their Intelligence From Their Mother Not Father" - Research by Psoul(m): 4:53pm On Mar 19, 2019
No wonder we have many dull and low IQ kids around. Most of these brainless Slay Queens rolling out dull children anyhow.
Re: "Children Inherit Their Intelligence From Their Mother Not Father" - Research by Kingspin(m): 5:01pm On Mar 19, 2019
slivertongue:
BUT SOME MOTHERS ARE SUPER DULL, INFACT SOME COUPLES ARE SUPER DULL YET THEIR KIDS ARE EXTRA ORDINARILY intelligent.
There is no way you expect the result to be 100 percent
Re: "Children Inherit Their Intelligence From Their Mother Not Father" - Research by joe4christ(m): 5:03pm On Mar 19, 2019
nijabazaar:

Micheal Jackson children aint prodigious even though their father x super talented.

You actually just proved this research right afterall.
According to the research, kids inherit their intelligence from their mum and not their Dad, and all the names you mentioned above are gifted men and not women!

1 Like

Re: "Children Inherit Their Intelligence From Their Mother Not Father" - Research by kushme: 5:13pm On Mar 19, 2019
Donjazzy12:

Feminism will destroy you all!

Every day we hear all kinds of news to further reduce the importance of the male gender!

Very soon you will see a scientific research which postulates that men are utterly useless!

These researches are being promoted by feminists and their supporters!

Be smart guys stop promoting this!

Thank you for this piece..
You can even observe how some men are getting all emotional right here over this piece of shitt.

With the every physical and daily evidence of what men have done here on earth, One would still see a woman as a match. hmm..

I need some one to educate me here, Where in history have you heard that a group of the so called super intellectual women come together to build anything without the presence or help of a man..
However, men with average to low IQs can build things on their own without the help of any super intellectual woman..
Re: "Children Inherit Their Intelligence From Their Mother Not Father" - Research by osomegbe(m): 5:26pm On Mar 19, 2019
The armed robbers also inherited from their mother.
Women emancipation. With time they will say men actually came from the ribs of women.
Re: "Children Inherit Their Intelligence From Their Mother Not Father" - Research by Nobody: 5:28pm On Mar 19, 2019
lexy2014:

Are u saying ur dad who was a professor wasn't intelligent?
I’m saying that it’s the best if both worlds ...really the person I wanna Marry doesn’t know I’ve known from day one why
Re: "Children Inherit Their Intelligence From Their Mother Not Father" - Research by Evangkatsoulis: 5:34pm On Mar 19, 2019
Gerrard59:
This is not breaking news na. It has been for a long time. Children get at least 50% of their intelligence from their mother not father. It constitutes the natural aspect of intelligence which is different from the nurture aspect (environmental factors).

The intelligent 'gene' is on the X chromosome which men don't give during copulation. Women have XX and men XY. We can even say that boys inherit their intelligence from their mothers not fathers. Then again, the mitochondria is inherited from the mother. Though mitochondrial genes might not seem to be genes “for” intelligence, however, brains are huge consumers consumers of metabolic energy (the brain consumes 25% of body glucose) - which is supplied by mitochondria. Better mitochondria are likely to translate to better brain function.

Additionally, if one says his mom wasn't intelligent but her children are, you have to consider the environment the mom grew in and her lineage. Her mom could have been very intelligent. Another factor is that some cases are exceptions not the norm.

That you do not believe the study or such studies doesn't mean there are false. If you disagree, you could conduct yours and publish it for peer review.

so what is the name of this intelligence gene?
Re: "Children Inherit Their Intelligence From Their Mother Not Father" - Research by Evangkatsoulis: 5:37pm On Mar 19, 2019
nijabazaar:

If you say intelligence is transmutable to offsprings then why then aint we seeing it with prodigous people land their children.

Take for example , Einstein and Mozart.

Or Steve jobs, or Steve Wozniak or Chinua Achebe. These people raised children in near perfect child-enabling environs but their children aint as extraordinary as them....why

I think intelligence is a quotient of environmental factors and not of genes.

If we go the genes angle, then we are inherently buying into Francis Crick's (One of the DNA discoverers) that the reason why Africans cant progress is because they lack it in their genes to do so. He recieved severe backlash for this, all awards save the Nobel prize was stripped from him

how do we know that einstein's kids were actually his? Did they take dna tests?
Re: "Children Inherit Their Intelligence From Their Mother Not Father" - Research by Godsknight(m): 5:42pm On Mar 19, 2019
RTSC:

Nuture and training does not account for all form of intelligence.

We have seen numerous examples of children from deprived, unstable background with brains as hot as fire.

Intelligence is as genetic as it is from nuture. infact, even more so.
these are exceptional cases...base on the topic, we considered that as part of exogenous variables that need to be held constant.
Re: "Children Inherit Their Intelligence From Their Mother Not Father" - Research by blank(f): 5:51pm On Mar 19, 2019
crackhaus:

I like your honesty, your theories are more personal than scientific.
There are equally super-intelligent men married to women with average intelligence who ended up having super-intelligent kids. I guess you may have read about the Lawyer dad whose children are all lawyers, or the Pilot dad whose children are towing the same profession.

This article and others like it on the internet are also 'anecdotal' which is the point i was actually trying to make with my question. None of the writers is a geneticist, biologist, or scientist, and even if we are to assume they are, where did they conduct the research and which journal was it published.

It sounds really good to hear that we inherit intelligence from our mothers because naturally most people are more psychologically & emotionally attached to their mothers than fathers (this is the nurture theory).
This is why its so easy to just believe the hypothesis without bothering to verify the facts, which is exactly what the writers bank on to get people to accept it. Basic reverse psychology at play.

I know that it is not scientific or based on facts. It's just my gut feeling why i said it's anecdotal. If you check those lawyers that their kids followed in their footsteps, you would notice that their wives are also intelligent just might not have followed that profession or choose not to work in the traditional sense of the word. It's a good balance. Intelligence is also not about whatever profession, i know you know that well. Some might say it is a bias but it's working in my husband's family.
Re: "Children Inherit Their Intelligence From Their Mother Not Father" - Research by DayDreamer05(m): 5:56pm On Mar 19, 2019
Rubbish if not verified.

1 Like

Re: "Children Inherit Their Intelligence From Their Mother Not Father" - Research by slynat(m): 6:18pm On Mar 19, 2019
Funny enough I have ways hoped my daughter grows up to be as smart as my wife...damn my wife is super smart...I hope this research is true..!

1 Like

Re: "Children Inherit Their Intelligence From Their Mother Not Father" - Research by BluntBoy(m): 6:45pm On Mar 19, 2019
Re: "Children Inherit Their Intelligence From Their Mother Not Father" - Research by BluntBoy(m): 6:45pm On Mar 19, 2019
Ziggylady:

Stuppid actually embarassed

E ma binu, ma.
Re: "Children Inherit Their Intelligence From Their Mother Not Father" - Research by Donjazzy12(m): 7:34pm On Mar 19, 2019
kushme:

Thank you for this piece..
You can even observe how some men are getting all emotional right here over this piece of shitt.

With the every physical and daily evidence of what men have done here on earth, One would still see a woman as a match. hmm..

I need some one to educate me here, Where in history have you heard that a group of the so called super intellectual women come together to build anything without the presence or help of a man..
However, men with average to low IQs can build things on their own without the help of any super intellectual woman..

Yeah!
Re: "Children Inherit Their Intelligence From Their Mother Not Father" - Research by Gerrard59(m): 10:35pm On Mar 19, 2019
crackhaus:

You repeated everything that has been said by various writers.
Personally, I'm not disagreeing with the study (if ever there was one). I come from a science background, so i have to see the study itself - the name of the scientists who did it, where it was done, when it was done, and most importantly, the citation for the journal that published it.

You can help with a link to this, since you say you've known about it for a long time.

Evangkatsoulis:

so what is the name of this intelligence gene?

Messers, apparently, the study that I have relied for years as an evidence has been trounced by several articles. In summary, the jury is out regarding whether intelligence is inherited or mothers are responsible for the gene.

My bad.
Re: "Children Inherit Their Intelligence From Their Mother Not Father" - Research by leofab(f): 1:03am On Mar 20, 2019
nijabazaar:

your hypothesis just confirmed that it’s true..
Re: "Children Inherit Their Intelligence From Their Mother Not Father" - Research by Amyyy2020: 7:33am On Mar 20, 2019
obayendo1010:
we quantify intelligent with retentive memory thats wrong my mom can hardly read but her business sense and her problem solving skills is out of this world....

She is actually intelligent! Didn't get d opportunity fr advanced education and all, if she had, u fr no even see d back of her...
Re: "Children Inherit Their Intelligence From Their Mother Not Father" - Research by Nobody: 9:56am On Mar 20, 2019
Coldfeets:
Chi59 abeg come and see o.

Do you still remember we had this same discussion some time last year, I think?

Really? Now I remember
Re: "Children Inherit Their Intelligence From Their Mother Not Father" - Research by Ziggylady(f): 11:22am On Mar 20, 2019
The only reason why i do not agree with this article is that women are indirectly blamed for daft and low-IQed males

Which is what can be used to qualify 90% of males on Nairaland..

1 Like

Re: "Children Inherit Their Intelligence From Their Mother Not Father" - Research by Mcy56(f): 1:22pm On Mar 21, 2019
Re: "Children Inherit Their Intelligence From Their Mother Not Father" - Research by DaBogu: 7:57am On Jun 27, 2019
wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

68-Year-Old Woman Battered By Her 79-Year-Old Husband In Lagos / Shalom Sam-Ogbaji Fled With Her 2 Kids, Not Missing / Share Your Thought (picture).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.