Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,074 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:29 AM

Lagos IGR rises by N32.99bn — higher than 33 states put together - Politics (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos IGR rises by N32.99bn — higher than 33 states put together (31571 Views)

VAT: Lagos, Oyo, Rivers, FCT Subsidise 33 States / 33 States May Not Pay Salaries As ₦172bn Deduction Grounds Revenue Disbursement / Lagos, Rivers, FCT, Ogun Earned More Than Other 33 States combined 2020-NBS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos IGR rises by N32.99bn — higher than 33 states put together by BlastAfonja: 10:17pm On Mar 20, 2019
[quote author=olas24u post=76839101][/quote]

Calabar port was used by the Easterners then till it was closed down for only Lagos. Get your facts straight. Lagos was the longest serving capital of Nigeria not for Yoruba land. Awolowo collected nothing.
Re: Lagos IGR rises by N32.99bn — higher than 33 states put together by olas24u(f): 10:18pm On Mar 20, 2019
BlastAfonja:

Calabar port was used by the Easterners then till it was closed down for only Lagos. Get your facts straight. Lagos was the longest serving capital of Nigeria not for Yoruba land. Awolowo collected nothing.
Other West African countries paid to clear goods here.
Re: Lagos IGR rises by N32.99bn — higher than 33 states put together by olas24u(f): 10:24pm On Mar 20, 2019
BlastAfonja:

Kindly read https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2019/03/08/togo-overtakes-nigeria-in-container-liner-shipping-services/%3famp
You have to know does ports are not deep enough to attract ships.even Togo has more deep waters than nigeria.read it
Re: Lagos IGR rises by N32.99bn — higher than 33 states put together by BlastAfonja: 10:25pm On Mar 20, 2019
olas24u:

Calabar was once the capital ,so what happened.
That of Calabar was short lived.

You dont expect the LONGEST SERVING CAPITAL in the history of Nigeria like Lagos not to make more money than other states, even with a toddler as Governor or a looter like Tinubu as Governor the businesses, importation and companies in Lagos will still keep the cash flowing. What did Yorubas do to add to Lagos revenue? or is there steady power in Lagos today or pipe borne water today in Lagos that can be accredited to the sitting Governors in the state? As for the cash flow it has always been so for Lagos due to its positioning by the Federal Government and the viability of the port made possible by the Igbo importers.
Re: Lagos IGR rises by N32.99bn — higher than 33 states put together by BlastAfonja: 10:29pm On Mar 20, 2019
olas24u:

[s]Kindly read https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2019/03/08/togo-overtakes-nigeria-in-container-liner-shipping-services/%3famp
You have to know does ports are not deep enough to attract ships.even Togo has more deep waters than nigeria.read it[/s]

What has Togo got to do with Nigeria and the Lagos revenue issues here.
Water can be dredged OK. Rivers, Calabar, Delta and AkwaIbom can get to that status if Federal Government wants to.
Re: Lagos IGR rises by N32.99bn — higher than 33 states put together by BlastAfonja: 10:31pm On Mar 20, 2019
Shehunoshewhat:

[s]Looonatic pigiyeasternr is desperately clinging to straws. Businesses that can easily be verified were listed not the nonsense your brothers tried to populate their useless thread with. In the end, they just wanted to equal the number of pages. Pathetic!

A loser will always be a loser.

Sucks to be a pigiyeasternr.
Seriously wishing Tinubu was one of them.

What an obsession! What a shame!! Slave[/s]!!!

Wishing Tinubu's was one of is like wishing us Ebola virus, if its a joke stop it idiot grin. The thief is not admired by anybody except his subjects in afonja cocoon alone. grin

Lose hungry bastards. grin
Re: Lagos IGR rises by N32.99bn — higher than 33 states put together by olas24u(f): 10:32pm On Mar 20, 2019
[quote author=BlastAfonja post=76839404]
That of Calabar was short lived.

You dont expect the LONGEST SERVING CAPITAL in the history of Nigeria like Lagos not to make more money than other states, even with a toddler as Governor or a looter like Tinubu as Governor the businesses, importation and companies in Lagos will still keep the cash flowing. What did Yorubas do to add to Lagos revenue? or is there steady power in Lagos today or pipe borne water today in Lagos that can be accredited to the sitting Governors in the state? As for the cash flow it has always been so for Lagos due to its positioning by the Federal Government and the viability of the port made possible by the Igbo importers.[/quot
The brain power that administer the state cannot be compared with what you have down in the east.we practiced regional government for 14 years ,the igbos could not compete or do anything meaningful.it was that jealousy that lead to coups.all the taxes generated in Lagos does not belong to the Lagos State govt,it belongs to the federal government.lagos started to generate income from 600million to 40billion because obj seized the federal allocation meant for it for 10months.
Re: Lagos IGR rises by N32.99bn — higher than 33 states put together by BlastAfonja: 10:41pm On Mar 20, 2019
[quote author=olas24u post=76839585][/quote]

My friend I see you as a chronic liar. Which coup are you talking about. Igbos have never been jealous of anyone, the same way Igbos are doing well in Lagos and yorubas are envious of them are feel threatened?
or is it not the same regional government that made Enugu brighter than Oyo state or which other regional government?
Your brain power never allowed you to develop Oyo state like Enugu even as Oyo was the capital of the old western region and not Lagos, instead you people now looked to Lagos to grab it, why the shift of interest from Oyo to Lagos if not for the singular fact that you people like anywhere that is shining at the moment which was made possible from other people's effort and sweat.
Re: Lagos IGR rises by N32.99bn — higher than 33 states put together by olas24u(f): 10:41pm On Mar 20, 2019
BlastAfonja:

What has Togo got to do with Nigeria and the Lagos revenue issues here.
Water can be dredged OK. Rivers, Calabar, Delta and AkwaIbom can get to that status if Federal Government wants to.
I mentioned Togo,so you could understand that big ships cannot come to shallow waters.lagos got patronage because of the depth,but now Togo has more depth
Re: Lagos IGR rises by N32.99bn — higher than 33 states put together by olas24u(f): 10:44pm On Mar 20, 2019
BlastAfonja:

My friend I see you as a chronic liar. Which coup are you talking about. Igbos have never been jealous of anyone, the same way Igbos are doing well in Lagos and yorubas are envious of them are feel threatened?
or is it not the same regional government that made Enugu brighter than Oyo state or which other regional government?
Your brain power never allowed you to develop Oyo state like Enugu even as Oyo was the capital of the old western region and not Lagos, instead you people now looked to Lagos to grab it, why the shift of interest from Oyo to Lagos if not for the singular fact that you people like anywhere that is shining at the moment which was made possible from other people's effort and sweat.
It's a known fact that is well documented,igbos we're the first coup plotters that derailed the regional system ,igbos through ironsi introduced the unitrary system that destroyed the country till date.it was to capture power and control the rest of the country ,it was selfish,wicked and dishonesty.
Re: Lagos IGR rises by N32.99bn — higher than 33 states put together by BlastAfonja: 10:45pm On Mar 20, 2019
[quote author=olas24u post=76839585][/quote]

You are talking nonsense about raising revenue from 600million to 40billion as i f that's an achievement, when Lagos was at 600million what was the revenue of other States then??
Even New York and California have also increased revenus over the years that doesn't take away the fact that it was positioned from origin to earn higher than other states in the US..
Re: Lagos IGR rises by N32.99bn — higher than 33 states put together by olas24u(f): 10:45pm On Mar 20, 2019
BlastAfonja:

Azikiwe was jealous of the progress being made in western Nigeria and worked against awolowo .
Re: Lagos IGR rises by N32.99bn — higher than 33 states put together by BlastAfonja: 10:47pm On Mar 20, 2019
olas24u:

It's a known fact that is well documented,igbos we're the first coup plotters that derailed the regional system ,igbos through ironsi introduced the unitrary system that destroyed the country till date.it was to capture power and control the rest of the country ,it was selfish,wicked and dishonesty.

You are not a student of history so I do not know where to start from to enlighten you but take a look at the capital of the old western region Oyo state and look at Enugu then you tell me who did better then before Lagos
Re: Lagos IGR rises by N32.99bn — higher than 33 states put together by BlastAfonja: 10:48pm On Mar 20, 2019
olas24u:

Azikiwe was jealous of the progress being made in western Nigeria and worked against awolowo .
How can Enugu be jealous of Oyo? Does it make sense? Answer me
Re: Lagos IGR rises by N32.99bn — higher than 33 states put together by olas24u(f): 10:50pm On Mar 20, 2019
BlastAfonja:

You are talking nonsense about raising revenue from 600million to 40billion as i f that's an achievement, when Lagos was at 600million what was the revenue of other States then??
Even New York and California have also increased revenus over the years that doesn't take away the fact that it was positioned from origin to earn higher than other states in the US..
It requires creative thinking to run and increase revenues.you southeastern states wait for the federal money from VAT,Oil and gas,nimasa,faan,educational taxes,technogy taxes,customs before you could pay salaries and do projects .so 600milion to 40billion is not a joke when compared to you people waiting for handout.
Re: Lagos IGR rises by N32.99bn — higher than 33 states put together by BlastAfonja: 10:50pm On Mar 20, 2019
olas24u:

I mentioned Togo,so you could understand that big ships cannot come to shallow waters.lagos got patronage because of the depth,but now Togo has more depth

Lagos ports was built by the then military governments..
If the same amounts and level of efforts put in Lagos are replicated in states like Rivers, Yoruba land as a whole would have been a dung hill cos you people now leverage off Lagos because of its nearness to your states.
Re: Lagos IGR rises by N32.99bn — higher than 33 states put together by olas24u(f): 10:53pm On Mar 20, 2019
BlastAfonja:

How can Enugu be jealous of Oyo? Does it make sense? Answer me
Free education was big and made an impact,free healthcare,first television station in Africa,first tallest building in West africa, universities,research centers,farms , industrial estates ,all in 14years,the east could not do much hence the needed a coup and told eastern leaders in advance .they all escaped and leaders from the north wand west were killed.
Re: Lagos IGR rises by N32.99bn — higher than 33 states put together by BlastAfonja: 10:54pm On Mar 20, 2019
olas24u:

It requires creative thinking to run and increase revenues.you southeastern states wait for the federal money from VAT,Oil and gas,nimasa,faan,educational taxes,technogy taxes,customs before you could pay salaries and do projects .so 600milion to 40billion is not a joke when compared to you people waiting for handout.

My friend keep quiet, you increase Money with money if you dont know. Lagos has always been a place of opportunity from time immemorial with big money more that any state in the country from day one, even without a Governor in the state people will still do their business even more efficiently cos the Governments of the day in Lagos state are highly clueless despite the huge amount of money pouring into the state from time immemorial.
Re: Lagos IGR rises by N32.99bn — higher than 33 states put together by olas24u(f): 10:55pm On Mar 20, 2019
BlastAfonja:

Lagos ports was built by the then military governments..
If the same amounts and level of efforts put in Lagos are replicated in states like Rivers, Yoruba land as a whole would have been a dung hill cos you people now leverage off Lagos because of its nearness to your states.
We have 2 ports in Lagos,one Apapa port built by the British and 2 tincan port built 75 .
Re: Lagos IGR rises by N32.99bn — higher than 33 states put together by BlastAfonja: 10:56pm On Mar 20, 2019
olas24u:

Free education was big and made an impact,free healthcare,first television station in Africa,first tallest building in West africa, universities,research centers,farms , industrial estates ,all in 14years,the east could not do much hence the needed a coup and told eastern leaders in advance .they all escaped and leaders from the north wand west were killed.
I dont have time for too much talk. Compare Oyo state to the world's renowned coal city of Enugu then, now and tomorrow and tell me who did better. No time for too much talk, your eyes are there.
Re: Lagos IGR rises by N32.99bn — higher than 33 states put together by BlastAfonja: 10:59pm On Mar 20, 2019
olas24u:

We have 2 ports in Lagos,one Apapa port built by the British and 2 tincan port built 75 .

But the British you keep mentioning left it and the Federal government put it in shape, if not for the federal presence the place would have been like that of calabar that was abandoned.
Re: Lagos IGR rises by N32.99bn — higher than 33 states put together by olas24u(f): 10:59pm On Mar 20, 2019
[quote author=BlastAfonja post=76840220]

My friend keep quiet, you increase Money with money if you dont know. Lagos has always been a place of opportunity from time immemorial with big money more that any state in the country from day one, even without a Governor in the state people will still do their business even more efficiently cos the Governments of the day in Lagos state are highly clueless despite the huge amount of money pouring into the state from time immemorial.[/quot
Let's leave Lagos now and use ogun state another Yoruba states.it still generates more money than all the eastern states added together,it has the largest concentration of industries at once in one place,paying and contributing 20% to the national purse and that money is shared and you states in the east receive the money.they have people that think and create,innovate and strategize ,not South easteners.they have brain power .
Re: Lagos IGR rises by N32.99bn — higher than 33 states put together by BlastAfonja: 11:01pm On Mar 20, 2019
Shehunoshewhat:

Oh the obsession says it all
... grin Cant go a line without mentioning Tinubu... grin

Sucks to be a pigiyeasternr.

Bunch of petty pigs cum slaves... embarassed
That's the same way I am obsessed with Buhari and election rigging that dies not mean I like Buhari you bastard grin

Think with your brain not with the anus of Tinubu's last daughter grin grin

Dirty Almajiri people.
Re: Lagos IGR rises by N32.99bn — higher than 33 states put together by olas24u(f): 11:02pm On Mar 20, 2019
BlastAfonja:

But the British you keep mentioning left it and the Federal government put it in shape, if not for the federal presence the place would have been like that of calabar that was abandoned.
The bristish handed over to Nigeria, a regional pailmentary system of government,and apapa is Yoruba land owned by oluwas ,the owners , the whole of apapa land were the ports were built.so the port was western Nigeria and not nigeria.nigeria consist of nations during that period.
Re: Lagos IGR rises by N32.99bn — higher than 33 states put together by olas24u(f): 11:03pm On Mar 20, 2019
BlastAfonja:

We exported our cocoa from the port and other regions paid taxes and tarriffs to us ,the revenue belonged to the Western nigerian government.

1 Like

Re: Lagos IGR rises by N32.99bn — higher than 33 states put together by olas24u(f): 11:05pm On Mar 20, 2019
BlastAfonja:

I dont have time for too much talk. Compare Oyo state to the world's renowned coal city of Enugu then, now and tomorrow and tell me who did better. No time for too much talk, your eyes are there.
Development index are used to know how countries are doing,so if we use the human development index you cannot compare
Re: Lagos IGR rises by N32.99bn — higher than 33 states put together by BlastAfonja: 11:05pm On Mar 20, 2019
[quote author=olas24u post=76840373][/quote]
Ogun state's development was orchestrated by the congestion of Lagos, who would have believed that "Ojodu beggar" is Ogun State and not Lagos, so the closeness to Lagos paid off. I am asking you why is ancient Oyo that Awolowo made capital of Yorubaland not better that its Eastern counterpart, can you answer that??
Re: Lagos IGR rises by N32.99bn — higher than 33 states put together by BlastAfonja: 11:07pm On Mar 20, 2019
olas24u:

[s]The bristish handed over to Nigeria, a regional pailmentary system of government,and apapa is Yoruba land owned by oluwas ,the owners , the whole of apapa land were the ports were built.so the port was western Nigeria and not nigeria.nigeria consist of nations during that period[/s].

What was the capital of the regional government you keep talking about in the west?? Lagos or Oyo?
Re: Lagos IGR rises by N32.99bn — higher than 33 states put together by olas24u(f): 11:07pm On Mar 20, 2019
BlastAfonja:

Oyo state is bigger than the whole of the southeast state added together,so what do you want to compare.it has one governor and you have several governors,senators,reps member on the same land space has Oyo state or are you talking of ibadan?

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Osinbajo, Oshiomhole And Ganduje Storm Katsina For APC Rally (Photos) / Ezekwesili Reacts As Buhari, Atiku Are Absent In First Presidential Debate / Governor Akeredolu Signs LCDA Bill Into Law

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.