Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,317 members, 7,815,595 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:03 PM

Lagos IGR rises by N32.99bn — higher than 33 states put together - Politics (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos IGR rises by N32.99bn — higher than 33 states put together (31565 Views)

VAT: Lagos, Oyo, Rivers, FCT Subsidise 33 States / 33 States May Not Pay Salaries As ₦172bn Deduction Grounds Revenue Disbursement / Lagos, Rivers, FCT, Ogun Earned More Than Other 33 States combined 2020-NBS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos IGR rises by N32.99bn — higher than 33 states put together by olas24u(f): 11:09pm On Mar 20, 2019
BlastAfonja:

What was the capital of the regional government you keep talking about in the west?? Lagos or Oyo?
Ibadan is in Oyo state ,ikeja is in Lagos State ,what is the meaning of ikeja?you did not know but argued it was federal.
Re: Lagos IGR rises by N32.99bn — higher than 33 states put together by olas24u(f): 11:11pm On Mar 20, 2019
BlastAfonja:

Ogun state's development was orchestrated by the congestion of Lagos, who would have believed that "Ojodu beggar" is Ogun State and not Lagos, so the closeness to Lagos paid off. I am asking you why is ancient Oyo that Awolowo made capital of Yorubaland not better that its Eastern counterpart, can you answer that??
He did not concentrate on ibadan alone,western region covers ondo, up to Delta State so he distribute resources around the areas.
Re: Lagos IGR rises by N32.99bn — higher than 33 states put together by BlastAfonja: 11:11pm On Mar 20, 2019
olas24u:

Oyo state is bigger than the whole of the southeast state added together,so what do you want to compare.it has one governor and you have several governors,senators,reps member on the same land space has Oyo state or are you talking of ibadan?

Lol.... So now Oyo is bigger than the whole of SE OK. I am talking of Oyo as the capital of the whole west, what did all Yorubas do to make Oyo prosper as all Igbos did to Enugu?? Ibadan as the capital of Oyo can't be compared to Enugu capital or is Ibadan bigger that the whole of SE too?
Re: Lagos IGR rises by N32.99bn — higher than 33 states put together by olas24u(f): 11:12pm On Mar 20, 2019
BlastAfonja:

Ogun state's development was orchestrated by the congestion of Lagos, who would have believed that "Ojodu beggar" is Ogun State and not Lagos, so the closeness to Lagos paid off. I am asking you why is ancient Oyo that Awolowo made capital of Yorubaland not better that its Eastern counterpart, can you answer that??
You are talking about architecture and not human development index ,housing is just a fraction of it.
Re: Lagos IGR rises by N32.99bn — higher than 33 states put together by BlastAfonja: 11:13pm On Mar 20, 2019
olas24u:

Ibadan is in Oyo state ,ikeja is in Lagos State ,what is the meaning of ikeja?you did not know but argued it was federal.

I see you like avoiding questions.
Was the capital if old western region Oyo or Lagos or even Ikeja?
Re: Lagos IGR rises by N32.99bn — higher than 33 states put together by olas24u(f): 11:14pm On Mar 20, 2019
BlastAfonja:

Lol.... So now Oyo is bigger than the whole of SE OK. I am talking of Oyo as the capital of the whole west, what did all Yorubas do to make Oyo prosper as all Igbos did to Enugu?? Ibadan as the capital of Oyo can't be compared to Enugu capital or is Ibadan bigger that the whole of SE too?

The land size of Oyo is bigger and the land size of enugu is smaller,he developed industrial areas and housing estates and it was 14 years only and he made an impact .
Re: Lagos IGR rises by N32.99bn — higher than 33 states put together by BlastAfonja: 11:16pm On Mar 20, 2019
olas24u:

You are talking about architecture and not human development index ,housing is just a fraction of it.

The Architectural and aesthetic values in the the state is the true representation of the people's progress and welfare. Old Enugu did far better than old Oyo simple.
Re: Lagos IGR rises by N32.99bn — higher than 33 states put together by olas24u(f): 11:17pm On Mar 20, 2019
BlastAfonja:

I see you like avoiding questions.
Was the capital if old western region Oyo or Lagos or even Ikeja?
You should watch out for osun state in few years.ibadan was the seat of power.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos IGR rises by N32.99bn — higher than 33 states put together by BlastAfonja: 11:19pm On Mar 20, 2019
olas24u:

The land size of Oyo is bigger and the land size of enugu is smaller,he developed industrial areas and housing estates and it was 14 years only and he made an impact .

Enugu has serious rail way networks like that of the European countries. If only Igbos won the war of 1967 Enugu would have looked more like what South African Durban city looks like. Enugu is better than Oyo.
Re: Lagos IGR rises by N32.99bn — higher than 33 states put together by olas24u(f): 11:19pm On Mar 20, 2019
BlastAfonja:

The Architectural and aesthetic values in the the state is the true representation of the people's progress and welfare. Old Enugu did far better than old Oyo simple.
It's on a small land size when compared .how many industrial areas did you develop?he developed industrial areas all over.
Re: Lagos IGR rises by N32.99bn — higher than 33 states put together by BlastAfonja: 11:21pm On Mar 20, 2019
olas24u:

You should watch out for osun state in few years.ibadan was the seat of power.
Ibadan was the seat of power as in capital right grin? is it hard for you to just say it was the capital city of old western region, are you ashamed as what Oyo has become competed to its counterpart in the East? grin grin
Re: Lagos IGR rises by N32.99bn — higher than 33 states put together by olas24u(f): 11:22pm On Mar 20, 2019
BlastAfonja:

Enugu has serious rail way networks like that of the European countries. If only Igbos won the war of 1967 Enugu would have looked more like what South African Durban city looks like. Enugu is better than Oyo.
If igbos didn't plot any coups ,we will be an industralized nation. Our mates are Brazil, Indonesia,turkey and not southeast.you cannot compete
Re: Lagos IGR rises by N32.99bn — higher than 33 states put together by olas24u(f): 11:23pm On Mar 20, 2019
BlastAfonja:

Ibadan was the seat of power as in capital right grin? is it hard for you to just say it was the capital city of old western region, are you ashamed as what Oyo has become competed to its counterpart in the East? grin grin

Oyo state is the whole of southeast ,you cannot compare,I have repeated
Re: Lagos IGR rises by N32.99bn — higher than 33 states put together by BlastAfonja: 11:25pm On Mar 20, 2019
olas24u:

It's on a small land size when compared .how many industrial areas did you develop?he developed industrial areas all over.
Industrial areas like what?
You are developing industry in the capital city yet it looks dilapidated. Do you know what Igbos did with Aba back in those days. Only Aba could swallow whatever you had in Oyo then. Aba was the Japan of Africa then and you know that, a lot of companies sprang up in ABA then so dont even talk of industry. Capital vs Capital Enugu beat Oyo hands down.
Re: Lagos IGR rises by N32.99bn — higher than 33 states put together by BlastAfonja: 11:28pm On Mar 20, 2019
olas24u:

If igbos didn't plot any coups ,we will be an industralized nation. Our mates are Brazil, Indonesia,turkey and not southeast.you cannot compete

Igbos did not plan coup to stop regional government my friend, we did a lot better, we are called the Japan of Africa, its not for "nothing", UNN was the best University then, Ojukwu's father was the riches Nigerian then. Yorubas dont have the capacity to compete with Igbos that outshined everyone eben after being defeated in war still came back strong.
Re: Lagos IGR rises by N32.99bn — higher than 33 states put together by BlastAfonja: 11:30pm On Mar 20, 2019
olas24u:

Igbos did not plan coup to stop regional government my friend, we did a lot better, we are called the Japan of Africa, its not for "nothing", UNN was the best University then, Ojukwu's father was the richest Nigerian then. Yorubas dont have the capacity to compete with Igbos that outshined everyone even after suffering defeat in war and still came back strong.
Re: Lagos IGR rises by N32.99bn — higher than 33 states put together by olas24u(f): 11:34pm On Mar 20, 2019
BlastAfonja:

Igbos did not plan coup to stop regional government my friend, we did a lot better, we are called the Japan of Africa, its not for "nothing", UNN was the best University then, Ojukwu's father was the riches Nigerian then. Yorubas dont have the capacity to compete with Igbos that outshined everyone eben after being defeated in war still came back strong.

One out of every medical doctor you meet in America or United kingdom,Saudi Arabia all went to University college ibadan.You don't have the brain power when compared.even current data indicates more women in school than men,how can you compare.igbos destroyed a good system and northerns consolidated and ruined everything.igbos and northerners are a big problem in nigeria.ojukwu father was one of richest not the richest.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos IGR rises by N32.99bn — higher than 33 states put together by olas24u(f): 11:36pm On Mar 20, 2019
[quote author=BlastAfonja post=76841017]
You are developing industry in the capital city yet it looks dilapidated. Do you know what Igbos did with Aba back in those days. Only Aba could swallow whatever you had in Oyo then. Aba was the Japan of Africa then and you know that, a lot of companies sprang up in ABA then so dont even talk of industry. Capital vs Capital Enugu beat Oyo hands down.[/quote
If you had so much of industries compared to Southwest why is your contribution to the national purse very low?
Re: Lagos IGR rises by N32.99bn — higher than 33 states put together by olas24u(f): 11:38pm On Mar 20, 2019
BlastAfonja:

Igbos did not plan coup to stop regional government my friend, we did a lot better, we are called the Japan of Africa, its not for "nothing", UNN was the best University then, Ojukwu's father was the richest Nigerian then. Yorubas dont have the capacity to compete with Igbos that outshined everyone even after suffering defeat in war and still came back strong.
Ironsi suspended the regional arrangement and destroyed the constitution,he is from present day abia state,is intention was to control and centralize power and rule over all ethnic groups.
Re: Lagos IGR rises by N32.99bn — higher than 33 states put together by BlastAfonja: 11:40pm On Mar 20, 2019
[quote author=olas24u post=76841242][/quote]Do you know how many indigenous companies folded after the war? Do you know how many foreign companies that left Aba for Lagos after the way? A lot went under the bridge after the war SL don't even go there.
Re: Lagos IGR rises by N32.99bn — higher than 33 states put together by olas24u(f): 11:42pm On Mar 20, 2019
BlastAfonja:

Azikiwe. Hoped and said the destiny of igbos is to rule over all other ethnic groups in Nigeria,Google it.he had ambitions that was similar to colonialism.
Re: Lagos IGR rises by N32.99bn — higher than 33 states put together by olas24u(f): 11:44pm On Mar 20, 2019
BlastAfonja:
Do you know how many indigenous companies folded after the war? Do you know how many foreign companies that left Aba for Lagos after the way? A lot went under the bridge after the war SL don't even go there.
It's a lie ,all major companies in Nigeria had their business was here .same thing you said about your money in the Nigerians banks after the way,it was all a lie
Re: Lagos IGR rises by N32.99bn — higher than 33 states put together by BlastAfonja: 11:45pm On Mar 20, 2019
olas24u:

1out of every medical doctor you meet in America or United kingdom,Saudi Arabia all went University college ibadan.you don't have the brain power when compared.even current data indicstes more women in school than men,how can you compare.igbos destroyed a good system and northerns consolidated and ruined everything.igbos and northerners are a big problem in nigeria.ojukwu father was one of richest not the richest.

Yes Awolowo did the free Education stuff but it had nothing to do or be compared with the progress of the Igbos then, Aba alone produced shies for the whole of west and Central Africa back then. Onitsha was the biggest market in the whole of Africa then. University if Nigeria Nsukka was the best University back then, Ojukwu's Father's rolls royce was hired by Nigeria to carry the Queen of England about when she visited Nigeria then. Ojukwu's father was the riches Nigerian then if not in Africa.
Re: Lagos IGR rises by N32.99bn — higher than 33 states put together by olas24u(f): 11:47pm On Mar 20, 2019
[quote author=BlastAfonja post=76841017]
You are developing industry in the capital city yet it looks dilapidated. Do you know what Igbos did with Aba back in those days. Only Aba could swallow whatever you had in Oyo then. Aba was the Japan of Africa then and you know that, a lot of companies sprang up in ABA then so dont even talk of industry. Capital vs Capital Enugu beat Oyo hands down.[/quote
Industrial areas were built all over the Western region area and he didn't concentrate on one side.i live in one of such here in Lagos,called ilupeju industrial area,with it's housing estate and factories all over here.same in ikeja,up to ibadan,oshodi, surulere etc]
Re: Lagos IGR rises by N32.99bn — higher than 33 states put together by BlastAfonja: 11:48pm On Mar 20, 2019
olas24u:

It's a lie ,all major companies in Nigeria had their business was here .same thing you said about your money in the Nigerians banks after the way,it was all a lie

Golden Guinea was in Aba but it folded up coupled with a lot of others that left after the war, I am not a liar Like your tribe, it is part of you. You are also calling the 20pounds saga false huh? Chai I seegrin
Re: Lagos IGR rises by N32.99bn — higher than 33 states put together by BlastAfonja: 11:50pm On Mar 20, 2019
[quote author=olas24u post=76841426][/quote]

There was no presence of Awolowo in Lagos during the regional Government era stop entertaining fake news.

I have to go now please I do not like this back and forth that leads no where, I give you facts but you give fictions and lies.
Re: Lagos IGR rises by N32.99bn — higher than 33 states put together by olas24u(f): 11:52pm On Mar 20, 2019
BlastAfonja:

Yes Awolowo did the free Education stuff but it had nothing to do or be compared with the progress of the Igbos then, Aba alone produced shies for the whole of west and Central Africa back then. Onitsha was the biggest market in the whole of Africa then. University if Nigeria Nsukka was the best University back then, Ojukwu's Father's rolls royce was hired by Nigeria to carry the Queen of England about when she visited Nigeria then. Ojukwu's father was the riches Nigerian then if not in Africa.
Lol!the way you measure development is different from the way I see it,you see human development from the context of money and not society has a whole.look if you had more industries you will pay customs duties and exercise duties including VAT which will reflect in the national purse,but as at this moment you don't contribute shit shi to the national purse.only Nigeria Delta and Southwest is feeding Nigeria.you contribute less than 5% to the national purse.you are not important to Nigeria,that is why when you shout baifra they send python .you don't have money.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos IGR rises by N32.99bn — higher than 33 states put together by olas24u(f): 11:56pm On Mar 20, 2019
[quote author=BlastAfonja post=76841477]

There was no presence of Awolowo in Lagos during the regional Government era stop entertaining fake news.

I have to go now please I do not like this back and forth that leads no where, I give you facts but you give fictions and lies.[/quote
Lagos has 20 local government ,ikorodu,badagry,oshodi, etiosa ,ibeju,mushin,surulere.you are very rigid and narrow so how will you understand that western Nigeria operated only in ikoyi and Victoria island.,the rest of the local government were western Nigeria.
Re: Lagos IGR rises by N32.99bn — higher than 33 states put together by olas24u(f): 11:58pm On Mar 20, 2019
BlastAfonja:

I have to go now please I do not like this back and forth that leads no where, I give you facts but you give fictions and lies.
Ilupeju industrial estate,ikeja industrial estate,oshodi-isolo industrial estate,surulere industrial estate all were developed by awolowo.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos IGR rises by N32.99bn — higher than 33 states put together by olas24u(f): 12:00am On Mar 21, 2019
BlastAfonja:

The road that pass through lekki down to epe was done by jakande ,Awo govt,UPN
Re: Lagos IGR rises by N32.99bn — higher than 33 states put together by olas24u(f): 12:02am On Mar 21, 2019
BlastAfonja:

All general hospitals,school roads to rural areas to enable agriculture produce into the city was done by jakande ,Awo party,UPN

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos IGR rises by N32.99bn — higher than 33 states put together by olas24u(f): 12:08am On Mar 21, 2019
BlastAfonja:

Golden Guinea was in Aba but it folded up coupled with a lot of others that left after the war, I am not a liar Like your tribe, it is part of you. You are also calling the 20pounds saga false huh? Chai I seegrin
The 20pounds given to everybody was because they lied.they wrote names and amount that was more than the reserve of Nigeria,so the finance minister gave 20pound money to all of you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Tinubu Definitely Graduated From Chicago State University By Farooq A. Kperogi / Osinbajo Back From Italy, Attends Lagos At 50 Gala Night (pics) / Northern Leaders Lobby Jonathan For 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.