Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,471 members, 7,816,117 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:24 AM

Polytechnic? Or University? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Polytechnic? Or University? (3540 Views)

How To Calculate CGPA In Any University,polytechnic Or College / Polytechnic Or Pre Degree .which One Shld I Go For / Polytechnic Or University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Polytechnic? Or University? by oyinda3(f): 7:53am On Sep 04, 2010
Can you describe the difference between a polytechnic and university in your own words?
what are the pros and cons of each?
Re: Polytechnic? Or University? by Nobody: 9:41am On Sep 04, 2010
A Prof will never answer a question like that. i doubt your professorship!
Re: Polytechnic? Or University? by Emmaamaechi(m): 7:09pm On Sep 04, 2010
dere is a lot of difference man 4 me.
Re: Polytechnic? Or University? by oyinda3(f): 6:55am On Sep 05, 2010
can someone special plz answer d question. i am very curious.

UK got rid of the polytechnic label in 1993. I wanted to know why naija still has it. what is the difference between a university and a polytechnic in nigeria?
Re: Polytechnic? Or University? by Nobody: 3:28pm On Sep 10, 2010
stevetboy9:

A Prof will never answer a question like that. i doubt your professorship!

He's a fake prof, he's an inexperienced scammer
Re: Polytechnic? Or University? by Anglemike: 5:13pm On Sep 10, 2010
embarassed We should stop discriminating poly, there are all tartiary institution
Re: Polytechnic? Or University? by dayokanu(m): 5:17pm On Sep 10, 2010
A polytechnic is different from a University in Nigeria at least.

A University (in the field of technology) is geared towards research and making new discoveries and a Polytechnic is towards providing the manpower to carry out the findings made in the Universities and more practical.

A University typically awards BSc Bachelor of Science meaning you understand the science behind the the topic while the Engineers just know how to work it and not bothered with the science.
Re: Polytechnic? Or University? by oyinda3(f): 11:30pm On Sep 11, 2010
lol. thank you!!
somebody answered my question finally.

(1) (Reply)

KSU Ranked 111th(second To The Last) In Nigeria. / Five (5) Nigeria University To Cancel Post Utme 2015 / University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Pre Degree And JUPEB A Level Forms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.