Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,416 members, 7,815,937 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:30 PM

Politicians Should Stop Wearing Traditional Clothes To Work - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Politicians Should Stop Wearing Traditional Clothes To Work (1130 Views)

May 29: Politicians Should Be Sworn In With Amadioha, Ogun – Chuks Ibegbu / Kumuyi: politicians Should Always Consider Nigerians When Making Descisions / 2023 Presidency: Politicians Should Have Retirement Age, Says Umahi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Politicians Should Stop Wearing Traditional Clothes To Work by BigBashiru: 12:06am On Mar 19, 2019
Public service is serious business.

Politicians should go to their offices dressed like bankers or office workers not in traditional clothes that make them look unserious.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Politicians Should Stop Wearing Traditional Clothes To Work by Ndonu101: 12:13am On Mar 19, 2019
sometimes I wonder if this is part of why we have the laziest and dumbest amongst us in office

na only us get culture?

if its all about culture I know how Scotish, Kenyan, South African or Chinese Politicians would dress

probably why all of the above countries are more serious than us

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Politicians Should Stop Wearing Traditional Clothes To Work by BigBashiru: 12:17am On Mar 19, 2019
Ndonu101:
sometimes I wonder if this is part of why we have the laziest and dumbest amongst us in office

na only us get culture?

if its all about culture I know how Scotish, Kenyan, South African or Chinese Politicians would dress

Exactly.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Politicians Should Stop Wearing Traditional Clothes To Work by BigBashiru: 12:21am On Mar 19, 2019
Ndonu101:

na only us get culture?

I can tell you those clothes can be quite laziness inducing.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Politicians Should Stop Wearing Traditional Clothes To Work by rukoyah42(f): 2:02am On Mar 19, 2019
hmmm
Re: Politicians Should Stop Wearing Traditional Clothes To Work by babyfaceafrica: 7:53am On Mar 19, 2019
what is traditional about isi-agu,agbada,da nshiki and Georgina?...who suit help?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Politicians Should Stop Wearing Traditional Clothes To Work by orion7: 8:16am On Mar 19, 2019
op your sense dey pain you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Politicians Should Stop Wearing Traditional Clothes To Work by Wigetsolar: 8:18am On Mar 19, 2019
You don't mean it.
Re: Politicians Should Stop Wearing Traditional Clothes To Work by BigBashiru: 2:15pm On Mar 19, 2019
In black countries like Bermuda where leaders dress corporate, there is a lot more progress than Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Politicians Should Stop Wearing Traditional Clothes To Work by BigBashiru: 2:16pm On Mar 19, 2019
Re: Politicians Should Stop Wearing Traditional Clothes To Work by BigBashiru: 2:16pm On Mar 19, 2019
Re: Politicians Should Stop Wearing Traditional Clothes To Work by Ttipsy(f): 2:22pm On Mar 19, 2019
exactly my thoughts, a law should be made on that
wear your traditional whatever nonsense to your village party, church, meetings, and not on an Official duty

2 Likes

Re: Politicians Should Stop Wearing Traditional Clothes To Work by twerkjack: 2:25pm On Mar 19, 2019
That over flowing agbada stuff should be for ceremonial events jare....

Dress smart to work

Wear a suit

Or even a shirt and jeans or plain trouser

Even if u must wear native

at least dress like PMB

simple and flexible Dansuki abi what’s it called.... #saynotolazyleaders grin
Re: Politicians Should Stop Wearing Traditional Clothes To Work by twerkjack: 2:29pm On Mar 19, 2019
These heavy clothings with excess fabrics is enough to dull the brain ....

That’s y they’re always looking dumb and lazy...

See Amaechi effective minister he prefers jeans and shirt...

Fashola almost always on suit

PMB simple tailored outfit

Saraki with Agbada all the time always thinking evil thoughts undecided

1 Like

Re: Politicians Should Stop Wearing Traditional Clothes To Work by Wiseandtrue(f): 3:09pm On Mar 19, 2019
If only dressing can help grow Nigeria undecided

1 Like

Re: Politicians Should Stop Wearing Traditional Clothes To Work by Xisnin(m): 3:21pm On Mar 19, 2019
Ttipsy:
exactly my thoughts, a law should be made on that
wear your traditional whatever nonsense to your village party, church, meetings, and not on an Official duty

BigBashiru:

Politicians should go to their offices dressed like bankers or office workers not in traditional clothes that make them look unserious.

Ndonu101:

na only us get culture?

Would you mind listing your achievements since you started putting on suits?
It is not your fault, it is hard fighting low self-esteem.
Re: Politicians Should Stop Wearing Traditional Clothes To Work by knowledgeable: 4:11pm On Mar 19, 2019
BigBashiru:

Starting with any president in power.

This is transformational, because then, we join the rest of the world. Even in most Islamic countries like Egypt/Morrocco, people dress formal. When it comes to traditional attires, most countries of the world have far more fashionable attires than the rags we showcase today as culture, but they have transformed themselves into modern dress code and joined the rest of humanity. I am always at shame when ever I see that ugly Yoruba attires, ugly hats, or hausa-fulani ugly out of shape hats/ shapeless danshikes, and of course that Igbo ugly father Christmas hats.

This country really need to transform by introduction of new legislature on Dress Code.
The Chinese, Arabs, Europeans, Japanese etc had more classic/elegant traditional attires than we Nigerians, but since have joined the rest of the world when it comes to code of Dressing
Re: Politicians Should Stop Wearing Traditional Clothes To Work by BigBashiru: 4:46pm On Mar 19, 2019
knowledgeable:

Starting with any president in power.

This is transformational, because then, we join the rest of the world. Even in most Islamic countries like Egypt/Morrocco, people dress formal. When it comes to traditional attires, most countries of the world have far more fashionable attires than the rags we showcase today as culture, but they have transformed themselves into modern dress code and joined the rest of humanity. I am always at shame when ever I see that ugly Yoruba attires, ugly hats, or hausa-fulani ugly out of shape hats/ shapeless danshikes, and of course that Igbo ugly father Christmas hats.

This country really need to transform by introduction of new legislature on Dress Code.
The Chinese, Arabs, Europeans, Japanese etc had more classic/elegant traditional attires than we Nigerians, but since have joined the rest of the world when it comes to code of Dressing

That's the issue. Public service is not a platform for showcasing culture but for serious hardwork. Traditional clothes encourage a laid back attitude that lowers productivity. No work place allows traditional clothes and government work should not allow it for the singular reason that it blurs the line between serious work and relaxed politicking.
Re: Politicians Should Stop Wearing Traditional Clothes To Work by BigBashiru: 4:49pm On Mar 19, 2019
Xisnin:

That's the issue. Public service is not a platform for showcasing culture but for serious hardwork. Traditional clothes encourage a laid back attitude that lowers productivity. No work place allows traditional clothes and government work should not allow it for the singular reason that it blurs the line between serious work and relaxed politicking/cultural showcasing (That's not what public service is about). You dress according to the demands of your profession. Doctors dress a certain way; presidents out to dress a certain way.

It's easier to wear trad than to iron long sleeve shirts week in week out. Maybe that's why they just choose the easier path and opt for trad??
Re: Politicians Should Stop Wearing Traditional Clothes To Work by Ttipsy(f): 5:41pm On Mar 19, 2019
Xisnin:

Oga their s nothing like low self esteem here.. simply with your brain u should knw that traditional attires are meant for occasions like village meeting, local wedding, festivals, etc and not for official duties. USA, India, Japan, China don't they hv natives wears?? is Nigeria more exposed or modernised than them
Re: Politicians Should Stop Wearing Traditional Clothes To Work by Ttipsy(f): 5:42pm On Mar 19, 2019
Wiseandtrue:
If only dressing can help grow Nigeria undecided
we would be world economic power
nonsense
Re: Politicians Should Stop Wearing Traditional Clothes To Work by Gucciboss: 6:04pm On Mar 19, 2019
There is a bit of sense in what you said. Dressing formal to work helps one to stay in line with his/her duty requirements. It also scare scallywags away from you. Formal dressing has away of shaping your thinking pattern.
You must not put on suit but at least corporate shirts, trousers and shoes will serve.

Many persons don't realize how important little things are until they see the outcomes.

The problem is that Nigerians don't see Governance as a business that requires alot of seriousness.

2 Likes

Re: Politicians Should Stop Wearing Traditional Clothes To Work by BigBashiru: 7:36pm On Mar 19, 2019
Gucciboss:
There is a bit of sense in what you said. Dressing formal to work helps one to stay in line with his/her duty requirements. It also scare scallywags away from you. Formal dressing has away of shaping your thinking pattern.
You must not put on suit but at least corporate shirts, trousers and shoes will serve.

Many persons don't realize how important little things are until they see the outcomes.

The problem is that Nigerians don't see Governance as a business that requires alot of seriousness.

Exactly. It reminds you that you are at work.

(1) (Reply)

Osun Governorship Rerun declared illegal, null and void by Tribunal / Osun Guber: Adeleke Jets Out As Oyetola Wins Appeal / I Will Order Fulani Herdsmen 2 Invade South East & Conquer 4land Refusal-miyetti

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.