Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,696 members, 7,809,623 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:05 PM

Kumuyi: politicians Should Always Consider Nigerians When Making Descisions - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kumuyi: politicians Should Always Consider Nigerians When Making Descisions (18218 Views)

May 29: Politicians Should Be Sworn In With Amadioha, Ogun – Chuks Ibegbu / Naira Redesign: Consider Nigerians’ Suffering, Soludo Tells Buhari / 2023 Presidency: Politicians Should Have Retirement Age, Says Umahi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kumuyi: politicians Should Always Consider Nigerians When Making Descisions by treesun: 9:57am On Jul 15, 2022
The General Overseer of the Deeper Christian Life Ministry, William Kumuyi has said politicians should always consider the desires of Nigerians when making decisions.

Kumuyi made the remark while noting that the All Progressives Congress, APC, presidential candidate, Bola Tinubu took a slippery road in picking Borno Senator, Kashim Shettima as his running mate.

Tinubu came under intense criticism by Nigerians after he settled for a Muslim-Muslim ticket.

Nigerians had wanted Tinubu to pick a Christian to balance his presidential ticket, but he opted for a Northern Muslim.

However, Kumuyi said politicians should be aware that they did not elect themselves into office when making their decision.

He spoke after paying a visit to the Governor of Kwara State, Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq, yesterday.

Addressing journalists, the clergyman said: “The Muslim-Muslim or Christian-Christan ticket is a difficult and slippery area.

“The APC presidential flagbearer Bola Tinubu and his party took that slippery way to make Borno Sen and ex-Gov Kashiim Shettima his running mate.

“What I will say is that the political office holders should look at the heartbeat of the country, as well as desires of the people.

“Politicians should know that they are not there for themselves. They are there for all of us. They should ask and make their research about what the nation wants.

“They should ask and make their research on what the country wants, what the people want; if they listen to the people, we will be confident that they will listen to us when they get there.”

https://dailypost.ng/2022/07/15/tinubu-shettima-ticket-politicians-should-always-consider-nigerians-pastor-kumuyi/

45 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Kumuyi: politicians Should Always Consider Nigerians When Making Descisions by MadeInTokyo: 9:58am On Jul 15, 2022
grin

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kumuyi: politicians Should Always Consider Nigerians When Making Descisions by MadeInTokyo: 9:59am On Jul 15, 2022
grin grin grin grin

23 Likes

Re: Kumuyi: politicians Should Always Consider Nigerians When Making Descisions by AntiTerrorist: 9:59am On Jul 15, 2022
Tinubu and APC are very inconsiderate towards 120 million of Christians in Nigeria. Even moderate headslammers would not surpport Muslim-Terrorist ticket.

66 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kumuyi: politicians Should Always Consider Nigerians When Making Descisions by Righteousness2(m): 10:00am On Jul 15, 2022
There is no need or way to sugar-coat the Apc 2023 presidential ticket.

It is a destructive and Demonic ticket that will destroy the Fabrics and Foundation of Nigeria if it sails.

It should be Fully and Comprehensively rejected by every Nigerian who loves the Green white Green.

92 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Kumuyi: politicians Should Always Consider Nigerians When Making Descisions by Totilopussylick(m): 10:02am On Jul 15, 2022
APC is going down the drainage eventually tongue

19 Likes

Re: Kumuyi: politicians Should Always Consider Nigerians When Making Descisions by Kestolove(m): 10:02am On Jul 15, 2022
sai tinubu

1 Like

Re: Kumuyi: politicians Should Always Consider Nigerians When Making Descisions by AntiTerrorist: 10:04am On Jul 15, 2022
Kestolove:
sai tinubu
Heaven and earth have rejected the drug baron and his terrorist sponsor. Write this down today.

No to islamisation agenda
No to Muslim-Terrorist ticket
Nigerians arise and deal with APC

37 Likes

Re: Kumuyi: politicians Should Always Consider Nigerians When Making Descisions by Viscuz: 10:07am On Jul 15, 2022
Terminator

2 Likes

Re: Kumuyi: politicians Should Always Consider Nigerians When Making Descisions by treesun: 10:17am On Jul 15, 2022
Politicians always consider greed and self first!

5 Likes

Re: Kumuyi: politicians Should Always Consider Nigerians When Making Descisions by ExplorerReturns(m): 10:29am On Jul 15, 2022
Mr pastor why are you begging? In 2015 you boldly told Jonathan not to come to your church, why have your tone suddenly changed?
I had a lot of respect for pastor kumuyi and I didn't really take what he did seriously until when he allowed buhari to visit his church during same campaign period in 2019. After then I saw his hypocrisy and I lost every respect I had for him.

To be honest, I don't really know why kumuyi acted that way. I don't want to blame it on tribalism but I believe that it was because Jonathan was a liberal man and kumuyi knew that his actions would have no consequences. Unlike buhari who would have dealt with kumuyi if he dared disrespect a sitting president in such manner.

Christendom really betrayed their own in 2015 because of a fake pastor whom a n ethnic and religious jingoists used to deceive Nigerians. I hope we won't same mistake come 2023
If you don't have a hotel website or you have a hotel with at least 15 rooms you might want to automate and digitalize the room booking process. I have written a script that can be hosted online or that can run on a localhost which will enable you manage your hotel. This script comes with amazing features I know you will definitely like because it was specifically built to solve the problem of Nigerian hotels. Check the link on my signature to see more details and demo in action
https://www.nairaland.com/7210827/complete-hotel-room-reservation-system

Jackbaur88:

I am a Deeper life member, Buhari never visited Deeper life at any time. On the request of Good luck Jonathan then to visit the church head quarters, the church leadership declined because it was very obvious, the visit would be for campaign. Deeper life is a church that dissociates from politics and politicians as you would observe.
you might be right that buhari didn't visit deeper life but kumuyi went to aso rock to show solidarity with buhari during election period. Did kumuyi ever visit Jonathan, a fellow christain, during election period?
https://www.google.com/url?q=https://dailypost.ng/2018/10/01/buhari-meets-pastor-kumuyi-photos/&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwi45cDdjvv4AhW4uZUCHczFDbUQFnoECAIQAg&usg=AOvVaw2xG3rF9mfA5Th8HJ7KN7Fg

*****MODIFIED*****
Buhari didn't really visit kumuyi in his church but rather kumuyi visited buhar less than 4 months to the general election. That is same to showing solidarity to the president. Something he wasn't able to do for his fellow christain president

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kumuyi: politicians Should Always Consider Nigerians When Making Descisions by hotseat: 10:32am On Jul 15, 2022
The agbado and cassava candidate is oblivious of the fact that he is on his way to Golgotha.

However, all true unity-loving Nigerians must roundly and soundly deny him the opportunity of foisting his divisive and destructive template on the polity by massively voting against the APC at the national level come 2023!

Tinubu wants to set this country literarily on fire because of his inordinate ambition and unbridled desire to please his northern Muslims masters without minding whose ox is gored.

What a fatal error on the part of a so-called political master strategist!

Muslim-Muslim ticket kole wek!

NIGERIA BELONGS TO ALL OF US!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kumuyi: politicians Should Always Consider Nigerians When Making Descisions by treesun: 10:33am On Jul 15, 2022
ExplorerReturns:
Mr pastor why are you begging? In 2015 you boldly told Jonathan not to come to your church, why have your tone suddenly changed?

Fear of Islamilisation!

5 Likes

Re: Kumuyi: politicians Should Always Consider Nigerians When Making Descisions by mrvitalis(m): 10:40am On Jul 15, 2022
Christian votes this 2023 go shock people

KKK states would be rendered useless this time around

5 Likes

Re: Kumuyi: politicians Should Always Consider Nigerians When Making Descisions by Oshodipikin: 10:42am On Jul 15, 2022
Ok
Re: Kumuyi: politicians Should Always Consider Nigerians When Making Descisions by Kagd10: 10:43am On Jul 15, 2022
On the issue of Muslim ticket, if the North could agree to vote for a Northern christian vice president since Tinubu is a Muslim, this wouldn't be a problem.

But come to think of it, aren't the likes of South Eastern equally having a problem with Tinubu because he's a Muslim and Yoruba?

TBH, religion is just a mask in front of God. God only sees your heart. If your heart is evil, God doesn't know you, irrespective of your religion.

That being said, Tinubu's legacy is unrivalled. Out of all the presidential aspirants, he's got the best legacies among them. He's a competent liberal leader which should be the fundamental basis when you're voting a leader.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kumuyi: politicians Should Always Consider Nigerians When Making Descisions by VladimirPutiin(m): 11:29am On Jul 15, 2022
cool
Re: Kumuyi: politicians Should Always Consider Nigerians When Making Descisions by VladimirPutiin(m): 11:32am On Jul 15, 2022
ExplorerReturns:

Really??
Any viable link to this your assertion ??

3 Likes

Re: Kumuyi: politicians Should Always Consider Nigerians When Making Descisions by Vistra40: 12:01pm On Jul 15, 2022
Kestolove:
sai tinubu

So you are pretty like this? Bigotry doesn’t suit you. I’m not referring to your choice of candidates but your past comments on this forum.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kumuyi: politicians Should Always Consider Nigerians When Making Descisions by Nobody: 12:05pm On Jul 15, 2022
How someone can defend muslim-muslim ticket is beyond me. Some people are just bare-faced hypocrites

7 Likes

Re: Kumuyi: politicians Should Always Consider Nigerians When Making Descisions by Nobody: 12:06pm On Jul 15, 2022
Kagd10:
On the issue of Muslim ticket, if the North could agree to vote for a Northern christian vice president since Tinubu is a Muslim, this wouldn't be a problem.

But come to think of it, aren't the likes of South Eastern equally having a problem with Tinubu because he's a Muslim and Yoruba?

TBH, religion is just a mask in front of God. God only sees your heart. If your heart is evil, God doesn't know you, irrespective of your religion.

That being said, Tinubu's legacy is unrivalled. Out of all the presidential aspirants, he's got the best legacies among them. He's a competent liberal leader which should be the fundamental basis when you're voting a leader.

South east voted Obasanjo. Is Obasanjo not Yoruba?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kumuyi: politicians Should Always Consider Nigerians When Making Descisions by Honjoshy4u: 12:15pm On Jul 15, 2022
Every sane Nigerian should reject the devilish muslim-muslim ticket that was designed from the pit of hell.
May calamity not befall our dear Nation through the old greedy man that wants to feed hard working Nigeria youths with Agbado and cassava.

4 Likes

Re: Kumuyi: politicians Should Always Consider Nigerians When Making Descisions by Samunique(m): 12:30pm On Jul 15, 2022
We need to back our words, protests with action, otherwise, these evil people might just have their way through the back door.

Pls be part of the action below !!!

Furthermore, we shall ensure that we strategize and protect the votes so that the evil plotters will not rig the elections. I assure you that we have millions of voters to make the change possible.

“We call on our northern APC Christian politicians to take the path of honour and immediately resign their support for Tinubu and his running mate.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kumuyi: politicians Should Always Consider Nigerians When Making Descisions by sotall(m): 12:38pm On Jul 15, 2022
cool
Re: Kumuyi: politicians Should Always Consider Nigerians When Making Descisions by Maxymilliano(m): 12:40pm On Jul 15, 2022
grin Kumuyi must have thought Nigeria politicians to be rare breeds not knowing they are not different from animals

4 Likes

Re: Kumuyi: politicians Should Always Consider Nigerians When Making Descisions by ogub(m): 12:46pm On Jul 15, 2022
My father my mentor
Re: Kumuyi: politicians Should Always Consider Nigerians When Making Descisions by athaboi(f): 12:48pm On Jul 15, 2022
Tinubu is gone

2 Likes

Re: Kumuyi: politicians Should Always Consider Nigerians When Making Descisions by aspabay(m): 12:49pm On Jul 15, 2022
God bless Pastor Kumuyi

5 Likes

Re: Kumuyi: politicians Should Always Consider Nigerians When Making Descisions by aspabay(m): 12:50pm On Jul 15, 2022
BAT for President.

The only sure candidate

Re: Kumuyi: politicians Should Always Consider Nigerians When Making Descisions by inoki247: 12:50pm On Jul 15, 2022
Others dey wey consider the citizen make dem vote dem diz lamentation don dey too much.....

Even traditionalists wey dem dey sideline since the beginning no cry like this....

1 Like 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Breaking News: Efcc Detains Adenuga, Otedola And Others. / Amaechi Will Be Treated Like A Traitor – Dokubo-Asari / Why Teenage Girls Become Suicide Bombers – Escapee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.