Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,141 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:18 AM

Awolowo And The Igbos. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Awolowo And The Igbos. (4515 Views)

Tinubu's Mother, Abibatu Magaji Campaigning For Awolowo And Jakande In 1979 / Jide Awolowo And Jibola Ajayi Among Osinbajo's 35 Aides Sacked By Buhari / Nnamdi Azikiwe & Obafemi Awolowo And Their Cars (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Awolowo And The Igbos. by meccuno: 10:34am On Mar 19, 2019
immhotep:

Real sifia pains because of Igbo matter grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Awolowo And The Igbos. by meccuno: 10:35am On Mar 19, 2019
[s]
StOla:

Hahahaha!

This one is still suffering from the agony of self inflicted pains and tribal suicide.

It is only just that Ojukwu died as an invalid for the crimes he committed against his own tribe. Not to talk of the crime he committed against his own best friend, by ensuring he became the father of his best friend's grand children. What a shameless coward that should have been burnt alive for such taboo.

Even more just that Azikiwe lived to see the indivisible Nigeria he clamoured for, and the consequences he had stipulated as the penalty for trying to secede, being meted out to his own tribe.

I still blame Awolowo for trying to be magnanimous and humane to an ungrateful and overtly entitled lot.
[/s] grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Awolowo And The Igbos. by StOla: 10:38am On Mar 19, 2019
meccuno:
[s][/s] grin grin grin

You need a hug from those who know how to deal with you.

They kill you when they feel like, but you must always turn to them to feel some self worth.

You have learnt the hard way to give them their respect.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Awolowo And The Igbos. by StOla: 10:41am On Mar 19, 2019
[quote author=meccuno post=76789208][/quote]

I heard this is how Igbos manage to survive the PTSD from the suicidal war they bragged about.

I'm sure Awolowo in his kindness would not mind your lies, if it would make you sleep better. He was that kindhearted.

2 Likes

Re: Awolowo And The Igbos. by Nobody: 10:50am On Mar 19, 2019
StOla:

They kill you when they feel like, but you must always turn to them to feel some self worth.

How Lagos na ? grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Awolowo And The Igbos. by meccuno: 10:52am On Mar 19, 2019
[s]
StOla:

I heard this is how Igbos manage to survive the PTSD from the suicidal war they bragged about.

I'm sure Awolowo in his kindness would not mind your lies, if it would make you sleep better. He was that kindhearted.
[/s] I get worried your people always try as much as possible to paint Igbos in a bad light and try to paint Yorubas as Angels. it baffles me. people died. 3 million to be precise and all you can come up with is this? have a conscience. I don't talk bad of the dead but this is having no soul. i believe if you had lost loved ones i wonder how you would feel. and if you feel i have lied thats your opinion.

3 Likes

Re: Awolowo And The Igbos. by meccuno: 10:56am On Mar 19, 2019
StOla:

So who would hug him? grin

1 Like

Re: Awolowo And The Igbos. by StOla: 11:00am On Mar 19, 2019
meccuno:
[s][/s] I get worried your people always try as much as possible to paint Igbos in a bad light and try to paint Yorubas as Angels. it baffles me. people died. 3 million to be precise and all you can come up with is this? have a conscience. I don't talk bad of the dead but this is having no soul. i believe if you had lost loved ones i wonder how you would feel. and if you feel i have lied thats your opinion.

Go and cry at Ojukwu's grave.

About 1 million Biafrans died from the war, but it suits your propaganda to claims as many millions as you can think of died. The same way Biafra thrived on propaganda, thinking it will win them a war that had already been lost the moment an economic blockade was successful executed by the Nigerian government.

Mourn your dead if you will, just as those on the federal side mourned theirs.

Awolowo did not lead you into war, Ojukwu did. Awolowo did not owe the Igbos the massacre of his own people on account of the Igbos desire to leave a union they made indissoluble.

Whose fault is it that you lacked the wisdom to accept defeat the moment it was inflicted and negotiate a dignified surrender, only to wallow in pains for many months before capitulating to an unconditional surrender?

God bless Awolowo for his kindness to the Igbos during and most especially after the war. He ensured they had the resources to thrive again.

2 Likes

Re: Awolowo And The Igbos. by desmond2pk: 11:05am On Mar 19, 2019
Where is the moderator ? If i posted something like this now he would delete it.
I am coming
Re: Awolowo And The Igbos. by StOla: 11:06am On Mar 19, 2019
meccuno:
So who would hug him? grin

His people who revere him continue to celebrate his memory.

One of the many follies of the Igbo is to think they decide who is a hero and who is a villain in Nigeria.

History remembers the Igbos as the villains who never wanted to subject themselves to the same rules they subjected others to. History remembers you as the rebels who took up arms against the country, when they had themselves crushed the rebellion of the Niger Delta Republic a year earlier.

4 Likes

Re: Awolowo And The Igbos. by KGD10: 11:07am On Mar 19, 2019
StOla:

Hahahaha!

This one is still suffering from the agony of self inflicted pains and tribal suicide.

It is only just that Ojukwu died as an invalid for the crimes he committed against his own tribe. Not to talk of the crime he committed against his own best friend, by ensuring he became the father of his best friend's grand children. What a shameless coward that should have been burnt alive for such taboo.

Even more just that Azikiwe lived to see the indivisible Nigeria he clamoured for, and the consequences he had stipulated as the penalty for trying to secede, being meted out to his own tribe.

I still blame Awolowo for trying to be magnanimous and humane to an ungrateful and overtly entitled lot.

Awolowo is a Piscean. The Pisces are always selfless, kind and wise. It's the only zodiac that can tolerate other zodiacs hence I wasn't surprised at Awolowo's actions.

As for Ojukwu, his zodiac already gave him out. All Brawn and emotional with no brain. When you see people like davido, psquare, bbnaija khloe and bbnaija Ceec who are senseless but known for their trouble shooting only to play the victim when you treat their fvck up gives away the Scorpio zodiac.

Come to think of it, Scorpion always stun anyone it encounters on its way whether you attack it or not. Even snake would always change its direction as soon as it encounter anyone. It would only attack you if you were the one to chase and attack it First.

1 Like

Re: Awolowo And The Igbos. by pchukwudi: 11:09am On Mar 19, 2019
Where is your verifiable source for this pile of lies?

You are not afraid to distort history?

Folks who do stuff like this never end well.

CandidSeeker:

Omoba Bisi Odukoya
Re: Awolowo And The Igbos. by meccuno: 11:15am On Mar 19, 2019
[s]
StOla:

His people who revere him continue to celebrate his memory.

One of the many follies of the Igbo is to think they decide who is a hero and who is a villain in Nigeria.

History remembers the Igbos as the villains who never wanted to subject themselves to the same rules they subjected others to. History remembers you as the rebels who took up arms against the country, when they had themselves crushed the rebellion of the Niger Delta Republic a year earlier.
[/s] whatever dude..........you see what i have been saying? yorubas are angels while igbos are demons.........well,if it makes you sleep at night....
Re: Awolowo And The Igbos. by meccuno: 11:18am On Mar 19, 2019
StOla:

Go and cry at Ojukwu's grave.

About 1 million Biafrans died from the war, but it suits your propaganda to claims as many millions as you can think of died. The same way Biafra thrived on propaganda, thinking it will win them a war that had already been lost the moment an economic blockade was successful executed by the Nigerian government.

Mourn your dead if you will, just as those on the federal side mourned theirs.

Awolowo did not lead you into war, Ojukwu did. Awolowo did not owe the Igbos the massacre of his own people on account of the Igbos desire to leave a union they made indissoluble.

Whose fault is it that you lacked the wisdom to accept defeat the moment it was inflicted and negotiate a dignified surrender, only to wallow in pains for many months before capitulating to an unconditional surrender?

God bless Awolowo for his kindness to the Igbos during and most especially after the war. He ensured they had the resources to thrive again.
Ok let me ask you. honestly. in your own opinion, if you were Ojukwu. precisely tell me what you would have done better than what he did. assuming you are aware of the timeline from 1966 to the Aburi accord. your answer would determine if i reply you or not, i will tolerate your insults for now but kindly give me your honest opinion on what should have been done.
Re: Awolowo And The Igbos. by StOla: 11:26am On Mar 19, 2019
meccuno:
[s][/s] whatever dude..........you see what i have been saying? yorubas are angels while igbos are demons.........well,if it makes you sleep at night....

Don't you ever get tired of being the tribe that has a score to settle with just about every other tribe in Nigeria?

In fact, you take decisions as a result of emotions that are traceable to decades in history, where you claim a tribe betrayed you, or hurt you or cheated you, or did not allow you rule them, or did not allow you dominate their civil service.

Only you must be served, only you is entitled to loyalty, and only you is right and just.

Only you term everyone else as cowards, yet history and recent shenanigans suggest that your cowardly streak is an inheritance passed on across generations.

What have you done for others? What selflessness have you rendered? What loyalty have you shown? What bravery have you exhibited?

Stop making noise and disturbing Nigerians when they are celebrating National heroes and patriots.

4 Likes

Re: Awolowo And The Igbos. by Gotze1: 11:29am On Mar 19, 2019
tongue
AbaLion:

These are the truths we have been saying to you for a very long time but a Chinua Achebe (who is rotting in the hotest part of hell ), other purveyors of lies and congenial bloodline of falsehoods were able to deceive your hollow minds and shallow sentiments much to a greater degree of victim mentality and a lower sense of ridiculousness.
I expect that you would give a retort to the OP rather than a strike through but you have confirmed yourselves as a proof of empty reasoning and a generation of Emo kids nurtured with a very low understanding of Nigerian history.

Achebe no go die well and every one that riles up your emotions instead of enriching you with facts of history.

* I am still waiting for counter facts

-Lion
If they like let them not believe. That is their palava
Re: Awolowo And The Igbos. by Gotze1: 11:31am On Mar 19, 2019
meccuno:
Ok let me ask you. honestly. in your own opinion, if you were Ojukwu. precisely tell me what you would have done better than what he did. assuming you are aware of the timeline from 1966 to the Aburi accord. your answer would determine if i reply you or not, i will tolerate your insults for now but kindly give me your honest opinion on what should have been done.
Rhen why was ojukwu blocking food meant for civilians and give it to his soldiers.?

1 Like

Re: Awolowo And The Igbos. by successmatters(m): 11:36am On Mar 19, 2019
StOla:

Hahahaha!

Very true, apart from drinking a healthy dose of rat poison, awolowo had a very good political career. grin

2 Likes

Re: Awolowo And The Igbos. by Gotze1: 11:36am On Mar 19, 2019
clarocuzioo:
Hypocrisy, deceit and propaganda from the ruling class did not start today, now we are understanding better where our ruling class learnt their blame game from.

First and foremost, I was wondering where the statement "All is fair in War" emanated from. From account of events that statement was not just made but fully implemented just like the present day "97/5%" statement.

For him to say the soldiers were well fed during the war because they were stealing the food they sent is the height of his lies, it's obvious posterity and history has been judging him harshly on the atrocities he committed against humanity, and typically, he is denying and apportioning blame else where. Were they not getting intelligence report during the war?? Do they not have enough security to move those food items during the war especially as they were winning the war from all sides??
With all due respect to to your person, personality and statues in the society, this defence is lame.

Finally, I hope wherever he is today, he is happy to see what have become of the entity he wasted the blood of innocent people and starved millions of children to defend.

I guess if he had seen the future, he would have done a lot of things differently, but , unfortunately he does not have that time.

History and posterity will continue to judge him.

And history is not judging ojukwu
Re: Awolowo And The Igbos. by successmatters(m): 11:41am On Mar 19, 2019
meccuno:

People from his part of the world won't do anything about persecution, that's why they lost illorin and kogi. It's also very clear in the way tinubu is screwing them without any complain from all of them.

1 Like

Re: Awolowo And The Igbos. by Gotze1: 11:43am On Mar 19, 2019
successmatters:

What brand of poison did awolowo swallow before death?

A. Rattack
B. Otapiapia
C. Snippet

Anyone who answers correctly gets a brand new Lexus jeep grin
How did ojukwu died, I had he already started decaying on bed before death at just 78. Same age as awoo. We have the prove

3 Likes

Re: Awolowo And The Igbos. by StOla: 11:44am On Mar 19, 2019
meccuno:

Simple!

If Ojukwu had found reason to press on with a war due to Biafra's perceived non implementation of the Aburi accord by the federal government of Nigeria, then proceed knowing the consequences and be ready to surrender when it is obvious as it was already obvious from the beginning, that it was a war that can never be won by Biafra.

Rather, Ojukwu pressed on, hoping to win a propaganda war instead. Thinking, if the world see that we are suffering while fighting a war with Nigeria, the world will fight Nigeria on our behalf.

Is it not stupid that a negotiated surrender was passed up for an eventual unconditional surrender?

What then was the loss of lives for?

Instead you look for someone else from another tribe you know is peaceful, and begin to vent all the frustrations of your war time losses on him as though he gave you a false hope of help to win the war, or he commanded an army that could have come to your rescue, or drag his own tribe into a war because of you.

Even the help that Awolowo rendered with his position in the cabinet of Gowon to ensure that you feel accepted back into the country, what did he get from the Igbos in return if not their scorn and hatred?

If he had not cared like the rest of the war time cabinet of Gowon, who actually wanted the Igbos to suffer some more even after the war, then your hate would have been justified.

Rather, like cowards you aggressively hate the one you know you have no reason to fear, while whispering beneath your breath in the presence of those who have instilled fear in you.

2 Likes

Re: Awolowo And The Igbos. by meccuno: 12:02pm On Mar 19, 2019
StOla:

Don't you ever get tired of being the tribe that has a score to settle with just about every other tribe in Nigeria?

In fact, you take decisions as a result of emotions that are traceable to decades in history, where you claim a tribe betrayed you, or hurt you or cheated you, or did not allow you rule them, or did not allow you dominate their civil service.

Only you must be served, only you is entitled to loyalty, and only you is right and just.

Only you term everyone else as cowards, yet history and recent shenanigans suggest that your cowardly streak is an inheritance passed on across generations.

What have you done for others? What selflessness have you rendered? What loyalty have you shown? What bravery have you exhibited?

Stop making noise and disturbing Nigerians when they are celebrating National heroes and patriots.
i dont do sentiments. neither have i ever called Yorubas cowards. but i will not seat by and my tribe is abused and insulted . Awolowo is your hero. so is Ojukwu mine. if you cannot respect that then thats your business and head ache not mine. if you respect mine i will respect yours. if you disrespect my leader and tribe then we can as well go to the gutters its like that. respect is reciprocal.
Re: Awolowo And The Igbos. by KGD10: 12:07pm On Mar 19, 2019
successmatters:

Very true, apart from drinking a healthy dose of rat poison, awolowo had a very good political career. grin

You haven't told us the type of poison your nonentity OSU father took? We are waiting....

3 Likes

Re: Awolowo And The Igbos. by meccuno: 12:08pm On Mar 19, 2019
successmatters:

People from his part of the world won't do anything about persecution, that's why they lost illorin and kogi. It's also very clear in the way tinubu is screwing them without any complain from all of them.
One thing i noticed about the Yorubas is that they feel we should behave like them and its not possible. every tribe has their view on the world and life. they come from a society which is structured to revere worship kings and princes but the Igbos are not wired that way. so because of that they think they are the most respectful. thats not true. Africans in general are wired to be respectful to their elders and seniors but we all have different ways of showing it. now a typical Igbo man that i know would always want to fight back when his means of lively hood is threatened. They might be brash and arrogant. but that has always been their nature and forcing them to change would be an exercise in futility. the SW feel that they are kings down south and the Igbos are giving them a run for their money and they are not really comfortable with that. Igbos are naturally competitive. its not their fault. its Nature.
Re: Awolowo And The Igbos. by chris31(m): 12:08pm On Mar 19, 2019
I picked one or two things from his speech
Re: Awolowo And The Igbos. by gidgiddy: 12:13pm On Mar 19, 2019
KGD10:

The summary is "I did everything to prevent my tribe from getting sunk into the crazy war of the Ibos (he had warned Ojukwu to not embark on a war and wait a bit) but still, I still help to prevent the total wipe out of the Ibos and ensure their properties were secured, converted their worthless Biafra pounds which the gullible Ibos had exchanged with their naira pounds collected by Ojukwu as well as preventing the Biafra army to continue feeding fat on food relief while continuing to embark on their hide and seek war even at the expense of the Ibo civilians and most importantly, quickly bringing the war to an end to prevent more blood shedding and death."

The FG on getting tired of ojukwu's hide and seek game had wanted to bomb the whole of SE but it was Awolowo who stopped it. What did he get in return from the Ibos? Wickedness while they praised the man who brought war upon them. Help an Ibo man at your peril.

How laughable. Everybody in Nigeria at that time knew that the whole intention of the North was to dominate the 3 regions in the south, the Western, Mid-western and Eastern Regions. That's why the North conducted a counter coup, killed several people, foisted Gowon on the country.

Awolowo was there when the Governor of the Western Region, Lt Colonel Fajuyi, was killed, he was there as thousands of Easterners were massacred all over the North, he was there as the Northerners reneged on the Aburi agreement and abolished the 4 existing Regions

Despite the mass murder by the North, despite the power grab by the North, despite the balkanization of his own Region, Awolowo went to serve the same North and help them enslave Southern Nigeria

While Ojukwu and others were fighting to liberate their people from Northern domination, Awolowo was busy fighting for his Northern master to enslave everybody

Awolowo is the classic example of a Yoruba man who embraced slavery and worked for his slave masters to enslave others because he was too cowardly to fight for his own freedom

Awolowo was a disgrace
Re: Awolowo And The Igbos. by successmatters(m): 12:14pm On Mar 19, 2019
StOla:

Simple!

If Ojukwu had found reason to press on with a war due to Biafra's perceived non implementation of the Aburi accord by the federal government of Nigeria, then proceed knowing the consequences and be ready to surrender when it is obvious as it was already obvious from the beginning, that it was a war that can never be won by Biafra.

Rather, Ojukwu pressed on, hoping to win a propaganda war instead. Thinking, if the world see that we are suffering while fighting a war with Nigeria, the world will fight Nigeria on our behalf.

Is it not stupid that a negotiated surrender was passed up for an eventual unconditional surrender?

Instead you look for someone else from another tribe you know is peaceful, and begin to vent all the frustrations of your war time losses on him as though he gave you a false hope of help to win the war, or he commanded an army that could have come to your rescue, or drag his own tribe into a war because of you.

Even the help that Awolowo rendered with his position in the cabinet of Gowon to ensure that you feel accepted back into the country, what did he get from the Igbos in return if not their scorn and hatred?

If he had not cared like the rest of the war time cabinet of Gowon, who actually wanted the Igbos to suffer some more even after the war, then your hate would have been justified.

Rather, like cowards you aggressively hate the one you know you have no reason to fear, while whispering beneath your breath in the presence of those who have instilled fear in you.

The same scenario is playing out today in front of you, Tinubu knows Nigeria is doomed to eternal failure but keeps on fighting shadows, putting yorubas in the line of northern fire, do you know how many yorubas die everyday because some states in the SW are too poor to pay salaries, do you know how many of your brethren are used for rituals daily because of hunger and hopelessness which the SW youths seems to be getting worst hit?

Do you know how many south west people die in thug related killings as resources are so scarce and the hopeless country continue to push people towards despondency?

And yet Tinubu continues the fight, putting yorubas into the front line in the war against insurgency .

Yorubas can format a prosperous country, but Tinubu and his likes must face the north.
Re: Awolowo And The Igbos. by KGD10: 12:15pm On Mar 19, 2019
meccuno:

Simply call the eastern people living in the North to return home and continue their business and life in the eastern region and then wait for the perfect time to strike with the help of the Midwest and the Western but no, Ojukwu embarked on a war he knew he couldn't win and not only that, he invaded and attacked neutral regions such as the Midwest and the Western who weren't even part of his war. Rather than act diplomatic with the Midwest and western folks, just like the Israelites did with the the Edomites on their way to attack the Amorites, Ojukwu attacked them.

Ojukwu was just too senseless.

2 Likes

Re: Awolowo And The Igbos. by meccuno: 12:25pm On Mar 19, 2019
StOla:

Simple!

First of all,Ojukwu had no choice what so ever than to declare an Independent Nation for him self and his people because there was no assurances that the Igbos would be safe in a country filled with people who are all out for blood. even a BBC documentary which i watched years ago stated that the Northerners went into the war with a mindset of pent up anger against the Igbo people as a result of job losses in the North based on influx of igbos in their civil service there by denying them the opportunity even though most of them were not qualified. Their leaders were killed by those who did not have the support of their ethnic group as most of your people especially would want us to believe. Ironsi messed up and things went out of control and innocent people were killed in the North most especially. The Aburi accord was the only way that the war would have been averted but Gowon in his wisdom choose to renegade on the agreement and you still blame Ojukwu? thats a very biased assessment. people were dying daily. and i hope you know that Igbos were killed in Lagos? that aside. you lot always blame Igbos for everything. and forgetting that even if Ojukwu had surrendered as you had advised what would have been different from what the Igbos are passing through in the hands of Nigeria that they are not currently experiencing? even Awolowo who was the friend of the North how did it end? War was inevitable. it would have been fought whether we liked it or not. Ojukwu did what he had to do but it did not go according to plan. yes people died. but was he the one killing them? was it not the same people who claim to be brothers that did the killing? and after the civil war how have we even gotten better as a so called Nation? we are not the same. and can never be.

1 Like

Re: Awolowo And The Igbos. by meccuno: 12:32pm On Mar 19, 2019
KGD10:

Simply call the eastern people living in the North to return home and continue their business and life in the eastern region and then wait for the perfect time to strike with the help of the Midwest and the Western but no, Ojukwu embarked on a war he knew he couldn't win and not only that, he invaded and attacked neutral regions such as the Midwest and the Western who weren't even part of his war. Rather than act diplomatic with the Midwest and western folks, just like the Israelites did with the the Edomites on their way to attack the Amorites, Ojukwu attacked them.

Ojukwu was just too senseless.
This advice that you are giving is the dumbest i have ever heard. it makes no sense. Awolowo thats was sensible how did he end? the same awo that this buhari that you are worshiping seized his passport even when his health was failing him? Abiola that was sensible was he not disgraced? and the video of him having Intercourse with his wife in prison shown to soldiers of Northern extraction and made mockery of? before you talk use your senses and brain. are the Yorubas better off in this contraption? so in essence Awolowo and Abiola were very senseless because if these people you call your allies can denigrate and treat you people like second class citizens then you still worship them , it means that its either your ethnic group are senseless or you have leaders who are very senseless or both.
Re: Awolowo And The Igbos. by meccuno: 12:36pm On Mar 19, 2019
Gotze1:
Rhen why was ojukwu blocking food meant for civilians and give it to his soldiers.?
was that what your village chief told you?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Aisha Buhari, Others React To News Of Atiku's Son Testing Positive To Covid-19 / Aisha Yesufu. Why Are They Attacking Her And This Picture On Twitter? / Is Port Harcourt The Worst State Capital In Nigeria Despite Oil Wealth: Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.