Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,008 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:45 AM

Every Problem In Nigeria Started From The Yoruba's - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Every Problem In Nigeria Started From The Yoruba's (498 Views)

Matawalle: We Are Our Own Problem In The North / Obaseki Is Causing Problem In PDP, Edo State Chairman, Secretary Write Secondus / 2019: Attempt To Cede Kwara To The Yoruba Will Fail – Baraje (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Every Problem In Nigeria Started From The Yoruba's by Legitnews247(m): 1:45pm On Mar 19, 2019
The Yoruba elite were the first, in 1962, to attempt a violent overthrow of an elected government in this country.

More details at

https://www.legitnews247.com/2019/03/every-problem-in-nigeria-started-from.html
Re: Every Problem In Nigeria Started From The Yoruba's by oyebanji44: 1:51pm On Mar 19, 2019
Chief Awolowo didn't plan coup.He and twenty -seven of his leading assistant and party functionaries were placed under arrest and charged with treasonable felony,on the grounds that they planned to stage a revolution. judgement was given in the trial of Awolowo and others facing the treasonable felony charge.The prosecution had alleged that plans were made to overthrow the Balewa Government by a popular (non military) revolution.it was also alleged that men were sent to Ghana for training and that firearms and ammunition had been illegal imported. ln his judgment,the trial Judge didn't declare that the prosecution had proved its case beyond all reasonable doubts.Rather he declared that he had no choice except to convict eighteen of the accused.He sentenced them to various terms of imprisonment,ranging from 2 to 10 yrs.
Re: Every Problem In Nigeria Started From The Yoruba's by ChristianNorth: 1:52pm On Mar 19, 2019
The first failed coup was planned by Awolow with the help of Ghana to oust Azikiwe/Balewa government.

The first successful coup was sponsored by Awolowo to break him out of prison and install him as President.

When they didn't succeed with taking over the government, they used their media to pin it on the SE.
Re: Every Problem In Nigeria Started From The Yoruba's by ObaKlaz: 2:21pm On Mar 19, 2019
Whoever wails the loudest here, I mean, loud enough for me to literally hear just as I read, would get a cash reward of 100K from me. Keep your entries coming. May the loudest wailer win!!!
Re: Every Problem In Nigeria Started From The Yoruba's by MightySparrow: 2:21pm On Mar 19, 2019
Yoruba amaka
Re: Every Problem In Nigeria Started From The Yoruba's by Legitnews247(m): 2:27pm On Mar 19, 2019
MightySparrow:
Yoruba amaka
Omaka nnam
Re: Every Problem In Nigeria Started From The Yoruba's by Legitnews247(m): 2:28pm On Mar 19, 2019
oyebanji44:
Chief Awolowo didn't plan coup.He and twenty -seven of his leading assistant and party functionaries were placed under arrest and charged with treasonable felony,on the grounds that they planned to stage a revolution. judgement was given in the trial of Awolowo and others facing the treasonable felony charge.The prosecution had alleged that plans were made to overthrow the Balewa Government by a popular (non military) revolution.it was also alleged that men were sent to Ghana for training and that firearms and ammunition had been illegal imported. ln his judgment,the trial Judge didn't declare that the prosecution had proved its case beyond all reasonable doubts.Rather he declared that he had no choice except to convict eighteen of the accused.He sentenced them to various terms of imprisonment,ranging from 2 to 10 yrs.
Hmnm

(1) (Reply)

I Will Probe And Prosecute Rochas Okorocha ~ Ihedioha / Buhari, APC Chiefs Endorse Lawan For Senate President / Noble Killer: National Lottery Regulatory Commission’s I.t Staff Kalu Okoro Dies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.