Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,813 members, 7,810,117 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:03 PM

Matawalle: We Are Our Own Problem In The North - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Matawalle: We Are Our Own Problem In The North (21181 Views)

FG To Matawalle: We Own The Gold Deposits In Zamfara- PICTURES & VIDEO / Bandits Attack Bello Matawalle's Convoy In Zamfara / Bello Matawalle Appoints Bashir Yuguda As ‘Honorary Adviser’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Matawalle: We Are Our Own Problem In The North by Deltafirstson(m): 5:02am On Jul 19, 2021
Governor Bello Matawalle of Zamfara State has said the north is the problem of itself.

In an interview he granted to DW Hausa in Gusau, the state capital, Matawalle tackled those calling for his removal over his defection.

I’ll deal with my deputy if he dares me, Matawalle goes tough
Bandits gun down 13 police officers in Zamfara
The governor also dismissed insinuations that he defected to the All Progressives Congress from the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) because he wanted to seal his second term deal.

“Let the people of Zamfara continue engaging with their own business as usual. Those who are mongering this are ignorant. They are worried about the second term, not me.”

“No one is guaranteed for tomorrow, even an hour per se. I am contented with what Allah made me. As far as I am concerned, if I am done with this first term successfully, I am okay with that. I grateful to Allah and to people of Zamfara.”

On the PDP’s move to make him lose his seat, Matawalle said: “I’m not the first governor to have defected into another party. But what you should understand here is that, for our people here in the north, we are the problem of our selves. That’s the reason you can see power is about to vacate from the region. This’s because all those that call themselves leaders of the north are just people of deceit and oppression.

“My reason here is that, there’s a former governor of Sokoto State who vowed that if PDP failed to drag me to court; he would leave the party. They’re insisting that I must be sued.

“But if I am sued, they have nothing against me. Didn’t they know the law and Nigeria’s constitution. And am I the only first person to have defected? There’s nothing that could scare me and I remain the governor of Zamfara, whether they like it or not.”

https://dailytrust.com/matawalle-we-are-our-own-problem-in-the-north

3 Likes

Re: Matawalle: We Are Our Own Problem In The North by Xscape1993(m): 5:09am On Jul 19, 2021
If you say so. You and your new evil party and their agents are the problem. What a country rule by unfortunate people.

7 Likes

Re: Matawalle: We Are Our Own Problem In The North by AutoBodyParts(m): 5:12am On Jul 19, 2021
They think they are doing southerners. The same energy prior to 2015 elections suddenly can't be accessed anymore

61 Likes

Re: Matawalle: We Are Our Own Problem In The North by AlexBells(m): 5:20am On Jul 19, 2021
Ofcourse we know the North is the problem of the North, you all been making it seen like it we infidels from the land of the rising Sun that's the problem of Nigeria.

But it obvious even with the failure you forced down the throat of Nigerians, you got stay with your choices, I don't want to say I'm surprised as I know every sector of the country have their faults.

Anyway things are not what they seem at the surface. But I wish we could care more about what's good for the people, spend less time witch hunting.

And ofcourse power is coming down East 2023, that does not mean power had vacated the North, with the help of Igbo traders scattered all over the country, you can buy power at affordable rate. So no Panic

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Matawalle: We Are Our Own Problem In The North by Iyiataata92: 5:21am On Jul 19, 2021
But what you should understand here is that, for our people here in the north, we are the problem of our selves. That’s the reason you can see power is about to vacate from the region
So he's even trying to say that power shouldn't leave the North?
That's another evidence that they are their own problem in the north. Being obsessed with power without anything to show for all the years of having it

69 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Matawalle: We Are Our Own Problem In The North by Deltafirstson(m): 5:24am On Jul 19, 2021
Hmm
Re: Matawalle: We Are Our Own Problem In The North by Teetee777: 5:38am On Jul 19, 2021
Northern people are the problem of themselves either bad or good, they should remember that if you cover the evil, evil will consume all of you together. I witnessed this when I travelled to zamfara for business.

The problem of bandit, kidnapping, Boko Haram will not eradicate except the people ready to assist the security and the government.
I have traveled to many states in northern states and I believe if the northern people refuse to cooperate with security and expose those bandit, kidnapping, Boko Haram, what is happening now about insecurities will be a child play with what it will be happening in the next two to five years to this time in the northern states

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Matawalle: We Are Our Own Problem In The North by Rugaria: 5:49am On Jul 19, 2021
The only reason why the carnage and cultural stagnation going on in the north still looks manageable is because they have access to endless draws of Oil and gas cash! The huge monies they make from oil help them maintain decorum by paying off troublesome ones, paying off security and to provide giveaways to a mass of human wrecks dwelling in squalid poverty... Take these easy cash away and force individuals and governments up north to subsidize their queer cultural choices from their earnings, the society as we know it there will implode then explode!

They will eat themselves raw! How can you survive with over a million Almajiris in each core Northern State and expect that there won't be a break down of law and order at a point? Is it even remotely possible to compete when you have the record for the world's highest out of school children and world record number of females with no access to education? How do you function with Boko Haram ISWAP and fulani herdsmen pulling from different angles as a worn out almajiri system continuously supply fresh recruits? The North is gone! But folks don't know.. It's the docile South that's subsidizing their hedonistic values..

55 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Matawalle: We Are Our Own Problem In The North by vedaxcool(m): 5:51am On Jul 19, 2021
He just called Tabuwawal a hypocrite. Tabuwwal defected from APC to PDP and no one moved an inch. Today he is leading a party of obsessive losers to demand what he never did.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Matawalle: We Are Our Own Problem In The North by Rugaria: 5:56am On Jul 19, 2021
vedaxcool:
He just called Tabuwawal a hypocrite. Tabuwwal defected from APC to PDP and no one moved an inch. Today he is leading a party of obsessive losers to seams to demand what he never did.

This one is still stuck in partizan rants.. , he's still talking of parties when crooks in power are crisscrossing from one party to the other as drunk drivers would do across lanes on freeways..
Obviously you haven't gotten the memo yet..
Tribe is the new party! It's the uninitiated that are still wallowing in the ruse called PDP and APC.. Stop kicking the dead horse and Get a grip!

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Matawalle: We Are Our Own Problem In The North by vedaxcool(m): 6:00am On Jul 19, 2021
[s]
Rugaria:

This one is still stuck in partizan rants.. , he's still talking of parties when crooks in power are crisscrossing from one party to the other as drunk drivers would do across lanes on freeways..
Obviously you haven't gotten the memo yet..
Tribe is the new party! It's the uninitiated that are still wallowing in the ruse called PDP and APC.. Stop kicking the dead horse and Get a grip!
[/s]

You can carry your tribal spore to some other market.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Matawalle: We Are Our Own Problem In The North by Providence2020(m): 6:01am On Jul 19, 2021
New week. Same Old Shiitt

3 Likes

Re: Matawalle: We Are Our Own Problem In The North by elonmuskbaby: 6:01am On Jul 19, 2021
For the very 1st time Aboki can take personal responsibility for their babarism shocked
Re: Matawalle: We Are Our Own Problem In The North by Doyou2019: 6:02am On Jul 19, 2021
AutoBodyParts:
They think they are doing southerners. The same energy prior to 2015 elections suddenly can't be accessed anymore

Why do Northern politicians talk like fools?
Hear this one now sounding as incoherent as a brow-beaten chicken. I bet there are tonnes of Nigerian teenagers around the country who are bolder and more articulate than this excuse of a Governor.
Re: Matawalle: We Are Our Own Problem In The North by Proflere: 6:02am On Jul 19, 2021
I already told you, when you guys are done lying to yourself you will say the truth and you shall be set free from the bondage you put yourself in.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Matawalle: We Are Our Own Problem In The North by WhatCanIsay(m): 6:03am On Jul 19, 2021
He should extend the truth to, " the North is the problem badgering Nigeria."

Without the North, the giant of Africa we boastfully call ourselves would not have been a figurative statement.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Matawalle: We Are Our Own Problem In The North by Ogamysamo: 6:03am On Jul 19, 2021
i'll not doubt him but it's not only in the north that we are the problem of ourselve

1 Like

Re: Matawalle: We Are Our Own Problem In The North by Nobody: 6:04am On Jul 19, 2021
Not just the north but Nigeria which keeps suffering your liabilities

1 Like

Re: Matawalle: We Are Our Own Problem In The North by drizslim(m): 6:05am On Jul 19, 2021
The NORTH has always been a problem TO the world e.g NORTHERN Nigeria, North Korea, North Yemen

1 Like

Re: Matawalle: We Are Our Own Problem In The North by uBuNiT: 6:05am On Jul 19, 2021
No, your problem is my people
Re: Matawalle: We Are Our Own Problem In The North by Seniorwriter(m): 6:06am On Jul 19, 2021
Interesting statement from an Insider!

We need young visionary leaders come 2023.

@Seniorwriter

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Matawalle: We Are Our Own Problem In The North by Authoreety: 6:06am On Jul 19, 2021
The north and whatever they stand for, is the problem of the whole world, apart from the chosen ones that are washed with the blood of the lamb.

1 Like

Re: Matawalle: We Are Our Own Problem In The North by Dpaulie(m): 6:08am On Jul 19, 2021
The north is the only crying baby we have in this country...wasting other region's resources on u.. therefore you're not on your own... we are with u,breastfeeding u everyday
Re: Matawalle: We Are Our Own Problem In The North by Goldencheese(m): 6:09am On Jul 19, 2021
Nigerian politicians and speaking from two sides of their mouth.
Re: Matawalle: We Are Our Own Problem In The North by opalu: 6:10am On Jul 19, 2021
Okay na
Re: Matawalle: We Are Our Own Problem In The North by DWJOBScom(m): 6:10am On Jul 19, 2021
Is someone already scared of the impending court case that may remove him??
Re: Matawalle: We Are Our Own Problem In The North by Nobody: 6:10am On Jul 19, 2021
vedaxcool:
He just called Tabuwawal a hypocrite. Tabuwwal defected from APC to PDP and no one moved an inch. Today he is leading a party of obsessive losers to seams to demand what he never did.
oga I just saw your Taqiya quote

I know of so many Northern Muslims who told me they would vote against gej in 2015 and when I asked why

Their reply was their imams and leaders told them a Christian president is the reason Allah isnt blessing them

9 Likes

Re: Matawalle: We Are Our Own Problem In The North by VEXT: 6:13am On Jul 19, 2021
AlexBells:
Ofcourse we know the North is the problem of the North, you all been making it seen like it we infidels from the land of the rising Sun that's the problem of Nigeria.

But it obvious even with the failure you forced down the throat of Nigerians, you got stay with your choices, I don't want to say I'm surprised as I know every sector of the country have their faults.

Anyway things are not what they seem at the surface. But I wish we could care more about what's good for the people, spend less time witch hunting.

And ofcourse power is coming down East 2033, that does not mean power had vacated the North, with the help of Igbo traders scattered all over the country, you can buy power at affordable rate. So no Panic

You the only infidel in the East .

1 Like

Re: Matawalle: We Are Our Own Problem In The North by victons(m): 6:14am On Jul 19, 2021
Same method everywhere.
Re: Matawalle: We Are Our Own Problem In The North by AlexBells(m): 6:16am On Jul 19, 2021
VEXT:

You the only infidel in the East .
Infidels plenty for East oo, lol, we are majority infidels, Circumcised infidels. I'm proudly infidel, loyal to my culture and Christianity to some extent.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Oyinlola And Senator Ademola Adeleke Unite After PDP National Convention(photos) / ARCON Sues Facebook Owner Meta, Demands N30 Billion / Nigeria Youths Are Not Prepared For Leadership

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.