Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,753 members, 7,817,083 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:56 AM

Zamfara: Bandits Stock Piling Arms – Governor Raises Alarm - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Zamfara: Bandits Stock Piling Arms – Governor Raises Alarm (14857 Views)

NAF Fighter Jets Eliminate 120 Zamfara Bandits In Airstrikes At Sububu Forest / Family Mourns James Okpu Killed In Zamfara Bandits' Attack (Photos) / IPOB Threatens To Kidnap 5 Southeast Governors, Ebonyi Governor Raises Alarm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zamfara: Bandits Stock Piling Arms – Governor Raises Alarm by sonofElElyon: 1:43am On Mar 20, 2019
When Jesus said carry your cross and follow me, is that what he meant Misquoting the bible like Lucifer who tempted Jesus! Obviously you have never read the parable of the good Samaritan.. And on Sunday you'll carry your bible and say you are going to church or Friday you'll go to mosque... No love, no empathy, no mercy, no forgiveness

bilulu:

when they were voting with sentiment did dey remember were it will lead dem? come u better face ur front n let everyone carry his own cross o
Re: Zamfara: Bandits Stock Piling Arms – Governor Raises Alarm by desmond2pk: 3:00am On Mar 20, 2019
Take our soldiers there and they will cowardly turn prayer warriors.
You can only see them in rivers shooting innocent people.

1 Like

Re: Zamfara: Bandits Stock Piling Arms – Governor Raises Alarm by desmond2pk: 3:04am On Mar 20, 2019
Buhari presidency in 2015 is a blessing in disguise. Jonathan can't be president and this type of things will be happening. Everyone in nigeria would have accused him for doing nothing.
But nobody is accusing buhari because he is their own. Well, by the time buhari leaves, the bandits would have gotten more than 500 thousand AK 47
Re: Zamfara: Bandits Stock Piling Arms – Governor Raises Alarm by dragunov: 5:13am On Mar 20, 2019
chieyine:
@Naija Politico

Gov. Abdulazeez Yari of Zamfara on Tuesday in Abuja raised alarm over stock piling of arms by bandits operating in the state.

Yari made this known while speaking with State House correspondents after he had updated President Muhammadu Buhari on the socio-political and security developments in the state.

Naija Politico learnt that the governor, who ruled out dialogue with bandits, said: “I have told my people that dialogue will no longer take place during my time because I have done that three times, but it did not work.

“This is in the sense that we know their capacity.

“For instance, during the first dialogue, they invited some of our team, army, DSS, police, and my chief security officer as well as some representatives of traditional rulers and we have seen what they have.

“They are in control of the kind of weapons that the security command in Zamfara does not have.

“In one armoury alone, they have more than 500 AK 47 rifles; we saw it.

“Our people were even given the chance to take pictures.

“But when we said we will dialogue and offer them amnesty if they surrendered their arms, they refused.

“I can tell you that till date we have not received up to 90 AK 47 rifles.

“So it is deceit. That is why I said no more dialogue during my tenure.

“During dry season they try to get us to dialogue because they know the security forces can get to them anywhere in the forest and they would not have a place to hide.

“But when the rainy season comes and the forest becomes thicker they return to their normal practice.

“That is why I said there has to be a show of force before anything else.

“I know that in any war, eventually you have to come to the table and dialogue, but at this point and given the situation we are in right now, dialogue is not needed.’’

The governor expressed the hope that the Federal Government would soon address the security challenges facing the state as it would soon take delivery of military hardware and modern weapons to check the activities of the bandits in the area and beyond.

“The Federal Government has already given procurement contracts, inter-government transactions to the United States, China, and other European countries.

In 2018, the Nigeria Governors Forum, approved one billion dollars to help the Federal Government equip the security agencies.

“We believe the equipment will soon come into the country and it is our hope that the equipment will be used so that this worrying situation that we are in will become history,’’ he added.

Source: https://naijapolitico.com.ng/zamfara-bandits-stock-piling-arms-gov-raises-alarm/

Phewwwwwww! 500 assault rifles! Mayyynnn, that section of Nigeria is in trouble. 500 guys wielding AKs could easily wipe out large swaths of the State.
Re: Zamfara: Bandits Stock Piling Arms – Governor Raises Alarm by dipopooo(m): 6:21am On Mar 20, 2019
Seerach:

Likewise ur father
Your generation... Abok! terrorist
Re: Zamfara: Bandits Stock Piling Arms – Governor Raises Alarm by Nobody: 7:06am On Mar 20, 2019
vingeophysicist:
Let us pray for zamfara state

keep deceiving yourself, by December this year every where will be like zamfara.
Re: Zamfara: Bandits Stock Piling Arms – Governor Raises Alarm by Reference(m): 7:25am On Mar 20, 2019
The COAS will not open a 'SITUATION ROOM' for this, his primary responsibility but will open one for ELECTIONS because what is essentially a civil matter is more important to him than a purely military one raging in such places as Zamfara. You win election battles and lose the internal security war. What is the point.

...the destruction of institutions is what will ultimately bring this country her knees...
Re: Zamfara: Bandits Stock Piling Arms – Governor Raises Alarm by bilulu(m): 9:07am On Mar 20, 2019
sonofElElyon:
When Jesus said carry your cross and follow me, is that what he meant Misquoting the bible like Lucifer who tempted Jesus! Obviously you have never read the parable of the good Samaritan.. And on Sunday you'll carry your bible and say you are going to church or Friday you'll go to mosque... No love, no empathy, no mercy, no forgiveness

You show love to those who re ready to be loved not those who rub your goodwill at your face.... They have the opportunity to change things for the better but they threw caution in the air and voted for who do not care about their well-being or survival so i can not continue to bother myself or sleepless night over their stupidity.... Mind you if it happens in Southern Kaduna i'll sympathize with them because they voted their choice just that it couldn't stand but to sympathize with others (including Plateau & Benue)? I rather watch zea world.....
Re: Zamfara: Bandits Stock Piling Arms – Governor Raises Alarm by sonofElElyon: 9:29am On Mar 20, 2019
The "punishment" they are suffering is far more grievous than their perceived "sin".. They are being massacred...

bilulu:

You show love to those who re ready to be loved not those who rub your goodwill at your face.... They have the opportunity to change things for the better but they threw caution in the air and voted for who do not care about their well-being or survival so i can not continue to bother myself or sleepless night over their stupidity.... Mind you if it happens in Southern Kaduna i'll sympathize with them because they voted their choice just that it couldn't stand but to sympathize with others (including Plateau & Benue)? I rather watch zea world.....
Re: Zamfara: Bandits Stock Piling Arms – Governor Raises Alarm by SVC6000: 9:44am On Mar 20, 2019
[color=#990000][/color]Dss Nd Armies Was Wit U Right? U Saw Th Weapons Right? U Wer Given A Chance To Take Pictures Right? Nd U Walked Away Wit Al Th Dss Nd The Armies Without Fightin Them Right?

Afonja
Re: Zamfara: Bandits Stock Piling Arms – Governor Raises Alarm by Nobody: 10:04am On Mar 20, 2019
Next level things
Re: Zamfara: Bandits Stock Piling Arms – Governor Raises Alarm by orisa37: 10:53am On Mar 20, 2019
You call them Bandits. I call them Bokoharam.
Re: Zamfara: Bandits Stock Piling Arms – Governor Raises Alarm by bilulu(m): 11:04am On Mar 20, 2019
sonofElElyon:
The "punishment" they are suffering is far more grievous than their perceived "sin".. They are being massacred...

What did they do when they had the opportunity to turn things around? Just like asking me to feel sorry or pity the Nigerian Army... After what they have been causing to ordinary Nigerians in different parts of the country... My dear i care no more about the army or those in Zamfara, Borno, Benue, Plateau, Yobe even Adamawa.... they choose their fate themselves.
Re: Zamfara: Bandits Stock Piling Arms – Governor Raises Alarm by Seerach(m): 3:48pm On Mar 20, 2019
dipopooo:
Your generation... Abok! terrorist
U are the curse itself. Am sure u are among those who delivered from Baby Factory.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sanwo-olu Told To Declare Assets Within 7 Days / Edo: INEC Distributes Non-Sensitive Materials To 18 LGAs / Amaechi: We Have Been Printing Money, But Swore Oath To Lie - Peoples Gazette

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.