Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,084 members, 7,818,250 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:12 AM

Court Refuses To Stop Collation Of Rivers Election Results - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Refuses To Stop Collation Of Rivers Election Results (25202 Views)

Failure Of IREV Does Not Stop Collation Of Results - Supreme Court / BREAKING: APC Jittery As LP, Nigerians Approach Court To Stop Collation / INEC Chairman Is In Confusion Now, As Court Order To Stop Collation Loading (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Refuses To Stop Collation Of Rivers Election Results by joe120120(m): 9:10pm On Mar 20, 2019
MadeInTokyo:
A Federal High Court in Abuja has declined a fresh application to stop the collation of Rivers State’s Governorship and House of Assembly elections conducted by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) on March 9.

Justice Inyang Ekwo on Wednesday held that the ex parte application brought before him by the African Action Congress (AAC) and its candidate, Awara Biokpomabo seeking to stop the collation in Rivers State is such that the court cannot grant without hearing the other side.

The orders as prayed in the ex parte are not such that can be granted without hearing from the order side. I therefore make an order that the process be served on the other side for them to come to court to show cause why the prayer sought ought not to be granted. Therefore, the prayers on the ex parte motion are hereby refused,” he said.

The faction of the All Progressives Congress, APC in Rivers State, loyal to the Minister of Transportation, Rotimi Amaechi adopted the AAC for the governorship election as the court barred APC from fielding candidates in the election.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/rivers-govship-court-declines-to-stop-election-collation-results.html

Amechi Rotimi ,
U don lossoe
Re: Court Refuses To Stop Collation Of Rivers Election Results by Jman06(m): 9:46pm On Mar 20, 2019
This Rivers state election has taught me one thing:

Never go too extreme in your quest for political power! There's a level of desperation you would exhibit and everything will start working against you!

Amaechi came all out with his federal might to rig rivers state at all cost, even at the cost of the lives of the people of rivers state!

Tell me why the gods will not turn their backs against Amaechi!

1 Like

Re: Court Refuses To Stop Collation Of Rivers Election Results by deathmen12: 11:05pm On Mar 20, 2019
Is like you base in rivers?
Cherrybae:
How did court reject it please educate me. The court simply asked that other party be served to come and explain as well.

The restraining order remains valid pending the determination of the suits.

Hate has eaten into the hearts of so many persons.

I weep for some Nigerian youths.
Re: Court Refuses To Stop Collation Of Rivers Election Results by Niseamaka(m): 3:58am On Mar 21, 2019
Mystick:
Wike, a cat with seven lives. They can't stop you. Not everyone will be able to face what you have been facing and still keep surviving.

Amaechi faced worse from this same Wike with his federal might then and survived.
Re: Court Refuses To Stop Collation Of Rivers Election Results by Niseamaka(m): 4:00am On Mar 21, 2019
Jman06:
This Rivers state election has taught me one thing:

Never go too extreme in your quest for political power! There's a level of desperation you would exhibit and everything will start working against you!

Amaechi came all out with his federal might to rig rivers state at all cost, even at the cost of the lives of the people of rivers state!

Tell me why the gods will not turn their backs against Amaechi!

When Wike deployed overwhelming federal might against Amaechi during Jonathan’s era, did the gods turn their back against Wike?.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fact Check: Isa Pantami Is Not On A US Terrorism Watchlist / Ladoja To Tinubu: I’m Your Elder Brother, I Will Support Your Aspiration (Video) / Explosion Rocks Kogi Government Office

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.