Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,778 members, 7,817,208 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:14 AM

Crazy Things Evolutionists Believed In Darwin's Time - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Crazy Things Evolutionists Believed In Darwin's Time (639 Views)

Charles Taze Russel Believed In The Divinity Of Christ. / Winners Chapel Pastor Turned Babalawo: The Devil Lied To You And You Believed It / Crazy Things That Religious People Believe - Add Yours (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Crazy Things Evolutionists Believed In Darwin's Time by OpenYourEyes1: 3:23pm On Mar 20, 2019
1. Maggots evolved from non-life.
They thought maggots appearing from rotten stuff was proof that life can spring up from non-life.
A scientist called Louis Pasteur eventually proved them wrong with his experiment on rotten food.

Here is a popular quote by the scientist:

"Little science takes you away from God, but more of it takes you to him." — Louis Pasteur
(The Founder of microbiology and immunology)

2. Coming soon.

1 Like

Re: Crazy Things Evolutionists Believed In Darwin's Time by johnydon22(m): 7:09pm On Mar 20, 2019
OpenYourEyes1:
They thought maggots appearing from rotten stuff was proof that life can spring up from non-life.
A scientist called Louis Pasteur eventually proved them wrong with his experiment on rotten food.

"Little science takes you away from God, but more of it takes you to him." — Louis Pasteur

2. Coming soon.
There is no scientist or proponent of evolution in the world that believe maggots comes from non-life ingredients.

This is a rather idiotic statememt on your part.

The idea that maggots came from non-life is the theory of spontaneous generation, an ancient theory proposed by Aristotle himself.

Evolution makes no such claim.

And be fully aware that spontaneous generation is an entirely different idea from abiogenesis.

Tone down on this nonsense

1 Like

Re: Crazy Things Evolutionists Believed In Darwin's Time by IamAnderson(m): 7:21pm On Mar 20, 2019
this is just the most ignorant thing I've seen today, keep on blabbing rubbish as facts since you can't understand evolution.
Re: Crazy Things Evolutionists Believed In Darwin's Time by OpenYourEyes1: 8:04pm On Mar 20, 2019
johnydon22:
There is no scientist or proponent of evolution in the world that believe maggots comes from non-life ingredients.

This is a rather idiotic statememt on your part.

The idea that maggots came from non-life is the theory of spontaneous generation, an ancient theory proposed by Aristotle himself.

Evolution makes no such claim.

And be fully aware that spontaneous generation is an entirely different idea from abiogenesis.

Tone down on this nonsense

You make no sense my friend.

2 Likes

Re: Crazy Things Evolutionists Believed In Darwin's Time by TVSA: 8:21pm On Mar 20, 2019
grin grin Talking about crazy things, some sets of people believe in talking snake and donkey. They believe in stars falling from the sky into a river. They believe a prophet ate bread garnished with human sh1t for more than one year.
Re: Crazy Things Evolutionists Believed In Darwin's Time by johnydon22(m): 8:25pm On Mar 20, 2019
OpenYourEyes1:

You make no sense my friend.
Coming from you, that's not a surprise
Re: Crazy Things Evolutionists Believed In Darwin's Time by TV01(m): 8:59pm On Mar 20, 2019
johnydon22:
Different maybe, but equally nonsensical and similarly discredited.

TV

...come to think of it, by definition evolutionists still believe a ton of crazy things now grin

1 Like

Re: Crazy Things Evolutionists Believed In Darwin's Time by OpenYourEyes1: 7:43am On Mar 21, 2019
TV01:

Different maybe, but equally nonsensical and similarly discredited.

TV

...come to think of it, by definition evolutionists still believe a ton of crazy things now grin

johnydon22 probably doesn't understand the meaning of abiogenesis and how it contradicts his form of evolution.

Everything about evolution is hinged on spontaneous generation:
From from hot soup of rubbish turning into a living cell, chimp turning into human, whale turning into a dog, dinosaur growing wings etc. Dinosaur grew wing spontaneously lol

Darwin on spontaneous generation:

It is often said that all the conditions for the first production of a living organism are now present, which could ever have been present.
But if (and oh what a big if) we could conceive in some warm little pond with all sorts of ammonia and phosphoric salts,—light, heat, electricity &c. present, that a protein compound was chemically formed, ready to undergo still more complex changes, at the present day such matter wd be instantly devoured, or absorbed, which would not have been the case before living creatures were formed

He never knew about DNA and its complexity before making those useless assumptions.

1 Like

Re: Crazy Things Evolutionists Believed In Darwin's Time by OpenYourEyes1: 9:23am On Mar 25, 2019
OpenYourEyes1:

2. Evolutionists believed the earth is full of transitional fossils.

They believed they will find numerous transitional fossils of:
* dinosaurs gradually changing into birds..
* Fish gradually growing legs
*Apes gradually changing into walking apes
* Walking apes gradually changing into modern men.

They have found no such fossil to thisday except for few imagined ones with no scientific backing.

An Evolutionist quote on Transitional Fossils:

"I fully agree with your comments on the lack of direct illustration of evolutionary transitions in my book. If I knew of any, fossil or living, I would certainly have included them. You suggest that an artist should be used to visualise such transformations, but where would he get the information from? I could not, honestly, provide it, and if I were to leave it to artistic licence, would that not mislead the reader?"
Dr Patterson author of Evolution

And below is a quote from disappointed darwin after digging and searching for so called transitional fossils

"The number of intermediate varieties, which have formerly existed on the earth, (must) be truly enormous. Why then is not every geological formation and every stratum full of such intermediate links? Geology assuredly does not reveal any such finely-graduated organic chain; and this perhaps, is the most obvious and serious objection which can be urged against my theory."
Charles Darwin
(The Origin of Species November 1859)
Re: Crazy Things Evolutionists Believed In Darwin's Time by OpenYourEyes1: 2:03pm On Mar 25, 2019
OpenYourEyes1:

2. Evolutionists believed the earth is full of transitional fossils.

They believed they will find numerous transitional fossils of:
* dinosaurs gradually changing into birds..
* Fish gradually growing legs
*Apes gradually changing into walking apes
* Walking apes gradually changing into modern men.

They have found no such fossil to thisday except for few imagined ones with no scientific backing.

An Evolutionist quote on Transitional Fossils:

"I fully agree with your comments on the lack of direct illustration of evolutionary transitions in my book. If I knew of any, fossil or living, I would certainly have included them. You suggest that an artist should be used to visualise such transformations, but where would he get the information from? I could not, honestly, provide it, and if I were to leave it to artistic licence, would that not mislead the reader?"
Dr Patterson author of Evolution

And below is a quote from disappointed darwin after digging and searching for so called transitional fossils

"The number of intermediate varieties, which have formerly existed on the earth, (must) be truly enormous. Why then is not every geological formation and every stratum full of such intermediate links? Geology assuredly does not reveal any such finely-graduated organic chain; and this perhaps, is the most obvious and serious objection which can be urged against my theory."
Charles Darwin
(The Origin of Species November 1859)

(1) (Reply)

Study Mariology For Free At Mary Our Help / Benny Hinn's Nephew Calls For Genuine Repentance / 8 Women Christian Men Should Never Marry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.