Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,069 members, 7,810,999 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:27 PM

Charles Taze Russel Believed In The Divinity Of Christ. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Charles Taze Russel Believed In The Divinity Of Christ. (6563 Views)

Winners Chapel Pastor Turned Babalawo: The Devil Lied To You And You Believed It / The Divinity Of Man / Deities In Igbo Spirituality: The Nature And Divinity Of Ekwensu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Charles Taze Russel Believed In The Divinity Of Christ. by Sand2022: 4:39pm On Sep 28, 2023
I stumbled unto this page in the Finished Mystery of Jehovah's Witnesses that spoke of what Russell believed. The book says:

"... We affirm that the Word (Logos) was made flesh—became the Babe of Bethlehem—thus becoming the Man Jesus, ‘holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners.’ As we affirm the humanity of Jesus, we equally affirm the Divinity of Christ—‘God also hath highly exalted Him, and given Him a name above every name.’ (Heb. 7:26; Phil. 2:9.)

“We acknowledge that the personality of the Holy Spirit is the Father and the Son; that the Holy Spirit proceeds from both, and is manifested in all who receive the begetting of the Holy Spirit and thereby become sons of God. (John 1:12; 1 Pet. 1:3.)"

Finished Mystery page 71 and 72.

We can notice that even the holy spirit was not believed to be active force, but manifested in the Father and Son.

Yet God supposedly used him for believing what JWs today will call falsehood. No wonder they no longer print such book and is not even in their library.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Charles Taze Russel Believed In The Divinity Of Christ. by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:59pm On Sep 28, 2023
Sand2022:

I stumbled unto this page in the Finished Mystery of Jehovah's Witnesses that spoke of what Russell believed. The book says:

"... We affirm that the Word (Logos) was made flesh—became the Babe of Bethlehem—thus becoming the Man Jesus, ‘holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners.’ As we affirm the humanity of Jesus, we equally affirm the Divinity of Christ—‘God also hath highly exalted Him, and given Him a name above every name.’ (Heb. 7:26; Phil. 2:9.)
“We acknowledge that the personality of the Holy Spirit is the Father and the Son; that the Holy Spirit proceeds from both, and is manifested in all who receive the begetting of the Holy Spirit and thereby become sons of God. (John 1:12; 1 Pet. 1:3.)"

We can notice that even the holy spirit was not believed to be active force, but manifested in the Father and Son. Yet God supposedly used him for believing what JWs today will call falsehood. No wonder they no longer print such book and is not even in their library.

Charles and his colleagues were making research regarding what is wrong with Christendom churches so everything they believe back then is exactly what they all got from Christendom churches until Jesus returned in the year 1914 to correct them and gradually God's people were totally freed from all the LIES of Christendom Churches! John 8:32

Today God's organization has grown past all the nonsense and Ingredients they got from Christendom churches that's why the true God began calling us by another group name:
JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES! Isaiah 65:15 smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Charles Taze Russel Believed In The Divinity Of Christ. by Caveatemptor(m): 7:44pm On Sep 28, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Charles and his colleagues were making research regarding what is wrong with Christendom churches so everything they believe back then is exactly what they all got from Christendom churches until Jesus returned in the year 1914 to correct them and gradually God's people were totally freed from all the LIES of Christendom Churches! John 8:32

Today God's organization has grown past all the nonsense and Ingredients they got from Christendom churches that's why the true God began calling us by another group name:

When I say you are a fraud now,you will deny it.
@the bolded,which Jesus returned in 1914?
You are a fraud !!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Charles Taze Russel Believed In The Divinity Of Christ. by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:49pm On Sep 28, 2023
Caveatemptor:

You are a fraud !!!

Keep crying for all i care!

Millions across the globe know and believe it! wink
Re: Charles Taze Russel Believed In The Divinity Of Christ. by Caveatemptor(m): 7:52pm On Sep 28, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

That Jesus came back to Earth in 1914? I give up on you!
undecided

4 Likes

Re: Charles Taze Russel Believed In The Divinity Of Christ. by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:55pm On Sep 28, 2023
Caveatemptor:

That Jesus came back to Earth in 1914? I give up on you! undecided
I've told you a million times that you and i can never ever worship the same God so get the hell out of my mention! wink
Re: Charles Taze Russel Believed In The Divinity Of Christ. by achorladey: 8:35pm On Sep 28, 2023
Caveatemptor:

You are a fraud !!!

1 Like

Re: Charles Taze Russel Believed In The Divinity Of Christ. by achorladey: 8:37pm On Sep 28, 2023
Caveatemptor:

undecided

When you see a proper liar and manipulator with no self respect and shameless you will know grin grin grin grin
Re: Charles Taze Russel Believed In The Divinity Of Christ. by achorladey: 8:39pm On Sep 28, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Stop peddling cry to cover up your lies and manipulations here on nairaland. grin grin grin
Re: Charles Taze Russel Believed In The Divinity Of Christ. by achorladey: 8:42pm On Sep 28, 2023
Sand2022:

We can notice that even the holy spirit was not believed to be active force, but manifested in the Father and Son.

Yet God supposedly used him for believing what JWs today will call falsehood. No wonder they no longer print such book and is not even in their library.

We affirm that the Word (Logos) was made flesh—became the Babe of Bethlehem—thus becoming the Man Jesus, ‘holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners.’ As we affirm the humanity of Jesus, we equally affirm the Divinity of Christ—‘God also hath highly exalted Him, and given Him a name above every name.’ (Heb. 7:26; Phil. 2:9.)

MaxInDHouse, research don end. Stop peddling lies and manipulations. It will not change affirm and acknowledge in those words.

Get that into your lying and manipulating brains. grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Charles Taze Russel Believed In The Divinity Of Christ. by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:46pm On Sep 28, 2023
Whoever believe Charles Taze Russell is a man of God should also believe in Jesus returning in the year 1914 because that's what Russell believe until his death in 1916! smiley

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Charles Taze Russel Believed In The Divinity Of Christ. by achorladey: 8:47pm On Sep 28, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

We affirm that the Word (Logos) was made flesh—became the Babe of Bethlehem—thus becoming the Man Jesus, ‘holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners.’ As we affirm the humanity of Jesus, we equally affirm the Divinity of Christ—‘God also hath highly exalted Him, and given Him a name above every name.’ (Heb. 7:26; Phil. 2:9.)

MaxInDHouse, research don end. Stop peddling lies and manipulations. It will not change affirm and acknowledge in those words.

Those nonsense and ingredients is what Jesus bought from Russell when your Jesus he returned in 1914 grin grin grin grin and yet after collecting another group name you still claim to be Christians grin grin grin grin

No wonder they call you F..... R.... A... U... D grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Charles Taze Russel Believed In The Divinity Of Christ. by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:50pm On Sep 28, 2023
Apostate dey follow me up and down the forum as i dey go any thread i like he no get work again nah MaxInDhouse be him work! cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Charles Taze Russel Believed In The Divinity Of Christ. by achorladey: 8:50pm On Sep 28, 2023
MaxInDHouse:
Whoever believe Charles Taze Russell is a man of God should also believe in Jesus returning in the year 1914 because that's what Russell believe until his death in 1916! smiley

Do you believe those who decided the trinity in +/- 325 C. E are men of God? grin grin grin grin Since Charles Taze Russell believed what was decided there too grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Charles Taze Russel Believed In The Divinity Of Christ. by achorladey: 8:54pm On Sep 28, 2023
MaxInDHouse:
Apostate dey follow me up and down the forum as i dey go any thread i like he no get work again nah MaxInDhouse be him work! cheesy

Liar and manipulator, you didn't register Achorladey on nairaland. I can make comment on any thread I like. It is within my jurisdiction to do.

Mind you there is a way of following people on nairaland platform. The name Achorladey no dey that list of those following you grin grin grin

Get that into your manipulated and lying brains grin grin grin grin

Avoid Achorladey no dey work again na apostate dey follow me dey work now

1 Like

Re: Charles Taze Russel Believed In The Divinity Of Christ. by achorladey: 8:57pm On Sep 28, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

I've told you a million times that you and i can never ever worship the same God so get the hell out of my mention! wink

You won't stop going from thread to thread to lie and manipulate people who you are not their Lord.

Abuse and insult them over what they believe in order to market your better performing performance group that are doing God's will today.
Re: Charles Taze Russel Believed In The Divinity Of Christ. by cornelboy(f): 8:57pm On Sep 28, 2023
No argument.
If true Christianity was not lost along the way, and the Roman Catholic didn't take over the church, JWs organization wouldn't be here today.

Since there was no church or group adhering to the pure doctrines of the Bible, the churches existing were heavily influenced by the Roman Catholics dogmas, Russell started questioning their strange doctrines and formed a group for the extensive study and research of the scripture.

Remember they didn't get all the truths in a day, they started from the dogmas of the Roman Catholics and they kept unveiling scripture truths and here we are today.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Charles Taze Russel Believed In The Divinity Of Christ. by achorladey: 9:02pm On Sep 28, 2023
cornelboy:
No argument.
If true Christianity was not lost along the way, and the Roman Catholic didn't take over the church, JWs organization wouldn't be here today.

Since there was no church or group adhering to the pure doctrines of the Bible, the churches existing were heavily influenced by the Roman Catholics dogmas, Russell started questioning their strange doctrines and formed a group for the extensive study and research of the scripture.

Remember they didn't get all the truths in a day, they started from the dogmas of the Roman Catholics and they kept unveiling scripture truths and here we are today.

These one too still dey peddle lies and manipulations packed into his brains with if if if that your faulty premise stands on if if if ifgrin grin grin grin

Cornelboy, research don end. Stop peddling lies and manipulations. It will not change affirm and acknowledge in those words.

Those nonsense and ingredients your brother in Jehovah stated is what Jesus bought from Russell when your Jesus he returned in 1914 and yet after collecting another group name you still claim to be Christians.

Madness and insanities peddling cannot end soon grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Charles Taze Russel Believed In The Divinity Of Christ. by oteneaaron(m): 9:02pm On Sep 28, 2023
Caveatemptor:

undecided

Hahahahahaha

Their fake doctrine of "Jesus" returning in 1914 is based solely on their claim that Jerusalem was destroyed in 607 BCE.

But scholars and archeologists have proven on many counts that Jerusalem was destroyed in 586/587 BCE.

This fact alone completely destroys their fake doctrine of "Jesus" returning in 1914.

Some days, I still can't believe that I used to buy into that BS.

Moreso, even "Jesus" said he knew neither the day nor the hour he would return.

NIV, St. Matthew 24:36
"But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.

3 Likes

Re: Charles Taze Russel Believed In The Divinity Of Christ. by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:03pm On Sep 28, 2023
cornelboy:
No argument.

I wonder what made most of them left Catholic Church and start creating different religions all in the name of one Jesus.

Only JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES know God's will and we are the only group doing it! smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Charles Taze Russel Believed In The Divinity Of Christ. by achorladey: 9:07pm On Sep 28, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

I wonder what made most of them left Catholic Church and start creating different religions all in the name of one Jesus.

Only JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES know God's will and we are the only group doing it! smiley

I wonder what made Russell ran away from the church he was attending knowing that Church left the Catholic to set up a publishing house later converted into the fraud called Jehovah’s organization based on nonsense and ingredients Jesus bought from Russell grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Charles Taze Russel Believed In The Divinity Of Christ. by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:10pm On Sep 28, 2023
Russell believed all the churches were wrong! smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Charles Taze Russel Believed In The Divinity Of Christ. by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:13pm On Sep 28, 2023
Whoever feel Russell was a man of God should also believe that all existing religions claiming Christians are false except the one he belongs to! smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Charles Taze Russel Believed In The Divinity Of Christ. by achorladey: 9:14pm On Sep 28, 2023
oteneaaron:

Hahahahahaha

Their fake doctrine of "Jesus" returning in 1914 is based solely on their claim that Jerusalem was destroyed in 607 BCE.

But scholars and archeologists have proven on many counts that Jerusalem was destroyed in 586/587 BCE.

This fact alone completely destroys their fake doctrine of "Jesus" returning in 1914.

Some days, I still can't believe that I used to buy into that BS.

Moreso, even "Jesus" said he knew neither the day nor the hour he would return.

They are feeling the heat of the kind of publicity they don't like grin grin grin

Look at the desperation MaxInDHouse response saying should you acknowledge Russell as Man of God then 1914 is true.

The madness and insanities peddling peddler didn't remember he was a man of God based on believing the same beliefs of Catholics. The same Catholics he believes are empire of false religion grin

2 Likes

Re: Charles Taze Russel Believed In The Divinity Of Christ. by cornelboy(f): 9:30pm On Sep 28, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

The funny thing is that after leaving the Roman Catholic church, they still stuck to the core doctrines of the church. Trinity dogma for example.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Charles Taze Russel Believed In The Divinity Of Christ. by achorladey: 9:41pm On Sep 28, 2023
MaxInDHouse:
Russell believed all the churches were wrong! smiley

Here is your Russell again grin grin

“We found that for centuries various sects and parties had split up the Bible doctrines amongst them, blending them with more or less of human speculation and error . . . We found the important doctrine of justification by faith and not by works had been clearly enunciated by Luther and more recently by many Christians; that divine justice and power and wisdom were carefully guarded tho not clearly discerned by Presbyterians; that Methodists appreciated and extolled the love and sympathy of God; that Adventists held the precious doctrine of the Lord’s return; that Baptists amongst other points held the doctrine of baptism symbolically correctly, even tho they had lost sight of the real baptism; that some Universalists had long held vaguely some thoughts respecting ‘restitution.’ And so, nearly all denominations gave evidence that their founders had been feeling after truth: but quite evidently the great Adversary had fought against them and had wrongly divided the Word of God which he could not wholly destroy.”

Oya liar and manipulator peddle another lies and manipulations grin grin grin grin

No be today you dey throw your GODS under the bus grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Charles Taze Russel Believed In The Divinity Of Christ. by achorladey: 9:44pm On Sep 28, 2023
cornelboy:

The fact is after leaving the Roman Catholic church, they still stuck to the core doctrines of the church. Trinity dogma for example.

Sticking to the trinity by those your GODS called false Christians does not make peddling 1914 lies the truth. grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Charles Taze Russel Believed In The Divinity Of Christ. by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:04pm On Sep 28, 2023
cornelboy:

The fact is after leaving the Roman Catholic church, they still stuck to the core doctrines of the church. Trinity dogma for example.

Ọmọ their church founders just want to start their own businesses so after they have fully established their own they will begin doing padipadi with their former religion.

That's what Charles Taze Russell never did he left those religions and cut all ties with them! smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Charles Taze Russel Believed In The Divinity Of Christ. by oteneaaron(m): 10:05pm On Sep 28, 2023
achorladey:

Here is your Russell again grin grin

“We found that for centuries various sects and parties had split up the Bible doctrines amongst them, blending them with more or less of human speculation and error . . . We found the important doctrine of justification by faith and not by works had been clearly enunciated by Luther and more recently by many Christians; that divine justice and power and wisdom were carefully guarded tho not clearly discerned by Presbyterians; that Methodists appreciated and extolled the love and sympathy of God; that Adventists held the precious doctrine of the Lord’s return; that Baptists amongst other points held the doctrine of baptism symbolically correctly, even tho they had lost sight of the real baptism; that some Universalists had long held vaguely some thoughts respecting ‘restitution.’ And so, nearly all denominations gave evidence that their founders had been feeling after truth: but quite evidently the great Adversary had fought against them and had wrongly divided the Word of God which he could not wholly destroy.”

Oya liar and manipulator peddle another lies and manipulations grin grin grin grin

No be today you dey throw your GODS under the bus grin grin grin grin

Such damning evidence!!

They don't even know their own history.
Re: Charles Taze Russel Believed In The Divinity Of Christ. by Sand2022: 10:10pm On Sep 28, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

The Finished Mystery was published way after 1914. So Jesus supposedly abandoned Christendom as you say, and appointed someone with falsehood in his basket?

If as at the time, they had Christendom lies as you say, on what basis were they then chosen as the true religion? Or are they true falsehood religion? Ok give us a date when all false religious teachings were all clear out.

2. When Russell taught his followers to revere pyramid of Giza in Egypt, was that also a teaching gotten from Christendom? When they arrived at the end of the world in 1914, and 1925 was that also a false teaching gotten from Christendom that Jesus wants to purge out? When Russell was called the Faithful and Discreet slave, was that also gotten from Christendom? Lest I forgot, which Christendom church ever taught that Holy Spirit manifested in the personality of The Father and the Son? Were they not rather teaching God the Holy Spirit?

2 Likes

Re: Charles Taze Russel Believed In The Divinity Of Christ. by achorladey: 10:12pm On Sep 28, 2023
oteneaaron:

Such damning evidence!!

They don't even know their own history.

He even added....

Then under the sub heading, “Not as New, Not as Our Own, But as the Lord’s” it goes on to state:

“C. T. Russell used the Watch Tower and other publications to uphold Bible truths and to refute false religious teachings and human philosophies that contradicted the Bible. He did not, however, claim to discover new truths

The liar and manipulator says all churches were wrong.

He will want us to leave the thread to pack the lies and manipulations filled narratives into the thread.

See evidence left right and center from his own religious publications. He that claimed to and ardent and serious member cannot pick just one of their publications and say whatever you post up there are lies and manipulations. grin grin grin grin

E better go carry proclaimers book make e dey read the numerous lies and manipulations present in his religious organization including rewriting the narratives to match up with recent lies and manipulations grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Charles Taze Russel Believed In The Divinity Of Christ. by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:31pm On Sep 28, 2023
Sand2022:

The Finished Mystery was published way after 1914. So Jesus supposedly abandoned Christendom as you say, and appointed someone with falsehood in his basket?

If as at the time, they had Christendom lies as you say, on what basis were they then chosen as the true religion? Or are they true falsehood religion? Ok give us a date when all false religious teachings were all clear out.

2. When Russell taught his followers to revere pyramid of Giza in Egypt, was that also a teaching gotten from Christendom? When they arrived at the end of the world in 1914, and 1925 was that also a false teaching gotten from Christendom that Jesus wants to purge out? When Russell was called the Faithful and Discreet slave, was that also gotten from Christendom? Lest I forgot, which Christendom church ever taught that Holy Spirit manifested in the personality of The Father and the Son? Were they not rather teaching God the Holy Spirit?

Jesus WAS CORRECTING them just as he did when he was here in the flesh and don't forget that most of the things he taught them face to face they missed that's why he had to repeat it over and over until they're able to grasp it.

So it's the same Jesus o {Hebrews 13:8} he will never ever condemn his willing students as long as they're ready to welcome correction! smiley

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (31) (Reply)

Why Do People Call Their Pastors Daddy? / How Ebola Kills God As Well As Humans / Spiritual Digest For The Day 17th Of August 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.