Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,099 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:50 AM

FG Closes Case Against Onnoghen After 3 Witnesses - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Closes Case Against Onnoghen After 3 Witnesses (61895 Views)

Atiku Reacts To CJN Onnoghen's Petition in CCB / Embattled Justice Onnoghen To Be Replaced By Justice Tanko Ibrahim Mohammed / Breaking: FG Asks CJN Onnoghen To Vacate Office Over Asset Declaration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Closes Case Against Onnoghen After 3 Witnesses by Nobody: 9:46pm On Mar 21, 2019
close case wey b say.. buhari don win finish abi... who una wan play. . i be small pikin?
Re: FG Closes Case Against Onnoghen After 3 Witnesses by escodotman: 9:56pm On Mar 21, 2019
MrAJQ:

The question I want to ask before you start stupid is that did federal government accused Onnoghen of owning 55 houses if yes pls I will like to have the link to the news
Go back to school and learn how to construct a correct English before I could reply you. Your grammar is a shame and a disgrace.

1 Like

Re: FG Closes Case Against Onnoghen After 3 Witnesses by DogmaNation: 9:56pm On Mar 21, 2019
MrAJQ:

The question I want to ask before you start stupid is that did federal government accused Onnoghen of owning 55 houses if yes pls I will like to have the link to the news

https://www.nairaland.com/5091261/onnoghen-owns-only-5-houses

That's the link ..now shut ur dirty mouth!

1 Like

Re: FG Closes Case Against Onnoghen After 3 Witnesses by Raskasal(m): 9:56pm On Mar 21, 2019
nameo:
See the way Buhari FG is disgracing itself on this trial so far.

@Buharists, come and see o. The so called "foreign" accounts that the CJN alledgedly had are just domiciliary accounts and the so called dollars he has are loans gotten from a bank with his investments in shares and govt bonds as guarantees.

And he only had 5 houses instead of 55 housess he allegedly has.

All these coming from the Govts own prosecution witnesses o.

Ok ....

Meanwhile he forgot to disclose all those dollars in the foreign account and threatened the whistle blower through his aides. I hope you know that

1 Like

Re: FG Closes Case Against Onnoghen After 3 Witnesses by escodotman: 9:59pm On Mar 21, 2019
Gandollar:
The TV morning shows would be interesting in the coming days.
The so-called analysts on various tv stations that have pelted the man with many bad names should now hide heads in shame.

1 Like

Re: FG Closes Case Against Onnoghen After 3 Witnesses by khaygecube(m): 10:01pm On Mar 21, 2019
nameo:
See the way Buhari FG is disgracing itself on this trial so far.

@Buharists, come and see o. The so called "foreign" accounts that the CJN alledgedly had are just domiciliary accounts and the so called dollars he has are loans gotten from a bank with his investments in shares and govt bonds as guarantees.

And he only had 5 houses instead of 55 housess he allegedly has.

All these coming from the Govts own prosecution witnesses o.

Ok ....

You should watch game of thrones. They just used that to shake things up a bit. He would have helped the opposition in laundering money and their court cases. And some say the president is a dullard. ☺ ☺
Re: FG Closes Case Against Onnoghen After 3 Witnesses by Gandollar(f): 10:02pm On Mar 21, 2019
Suplexx:
The man must have been given a soft landing after a plea bargain
You deserve to be sent to suplex city for this useless comment.

2 Likes

Re: FG Closes Case Against Onnoghen After 3 Witnesses by Gandollar(f): 10:10pm On Mar 21, 2019
Akiika:
Now i can see that education has really degraded in this country. Why are you mistaking closing a case with acquittal? It simply means FG finished laying down their case against him. The defense will now have to respond and make their counter case. He is still in the hook.
You are are the one not getting it. We have all heard from PW and their submissions were quite contrary to what you guys have been peddling. Until you manufacture more falsehood, this case is as good as dead!
Re: FG Closes Case Against Onnoghen After 3 Witnesses by Gandollar(f): 10:17pm On Mar 21, 2019
Raskasal:

Meanwhile he forgot to disclose all those dollars in the foreign account and threatened the whistle blower through his aides. I hope you know that
slowpoke. No foreign account anywhere. Domiciliary account is not foreign account.
Re: FG Closes Case Against Onnoghen After 3 Witnesses by poseidon12: 10:17pm On Mar 21, 2019
escodotman:
What is happening here? The federal government's witnesses are also testifying that the allegations against CJN are false. I am not understanding at all. Are Buhari and APC exposing themselves or what??

Meanwhile, who has the feeling that the CJN would be discharged and would later sit on the case of Atiku vs Buhari at the Supreme court?

I think they knew all along that the allegations are false. They just wanted to side line him so he would not participate in the Presidential elections tribunal hearings. It was part of the rigging strategy. No decent Nigerian should be supporting the criminal Buhari.

1 Like

Re: FG Closes Case Against Onnoghen After 3 Witnesses by Nobody: 10:22pm On Mar 21, 2019
ceeethru:
As many of you that join hand to ridiculed this innocent man shall God ridicule you all before the end of this year 2019 in Jesus Name.
Amen!
Re: FG Closes Case Against Onnoghen After 3 Witnesses by senatordave1(m): 10:28pm On Mar 21, 2019
Gandollar:
You are are the one not getting it. We have all heard from PW and their submissions were quite contrary to what you guys have been peddling. Until you manufacture more falsehood, this case is as good as dead!
He will never be reinstated
Re: FG Closes Case Against Onnoghen After 3 Witnesses by nelcliff(m): 10:30pm On Mar 21, 2019
APC govt wants to burry everyone by all means. They've finished.. Death Party..
Re: FG Closes Case Against Onnoghen After 3 Witnesses by All4real2: 10:36pm On Mar 21, 2019
Nigeria government is a pure scarmmmmmmm
Re: FG Closes Case Against Onnoghen After 3 Witnesses by Olumeme: 10:38pm On Mar 21, 2019
ajealadick:
For a chief law officer to accept wrong doings is that not enough for those defending him to keep quiet? Haba!

You should rather bury your shameless head.
Where did the FG said he accepted the wrong doing in court? Don't you have sense or can't you make use of it?
They fed you with fake news from cow dungs and still you can't still use your senses.
All were just for the consumption of you almajris.
He didn't accept any wrong doing.
Re: FG Closes Case Against Onnoghen After 3 Witnesses by gift2xl: 10:39pm On Mar 21, 2019
THE RICH ALSO CRY.
Re: FG Closes Case Against Onnoghen After 3 Witnesses by Gandollar(f): 10:51pm On Mar 21, 2019
senatordave1:

He will never be reinstated
Hello my senator! Useless troll grin
Re: FG Closes Case Against Onnoghen After 3 Witnesses by yummydrae(m): 10:52pm On Mar 21, 2019
Sometimes i wonder how we have gotten so low as to let sentiments ruin our common sense.. Kindly attach your brain to your thumbs people.. This simply means "conclusion of prosecution argument..."
In this case, FG (specifically the executive arm) is the prosecutor.
So you mean you guys didnt read the part where the prosecution said they brought 3 witnesses out instead of 6 and the defence should indicate if the remaining witnesses should be broughy forward??
Now ask yourself.. Why that question?? And what was the defense' response??
Some peeps will just come here to show acute foolishness over matters they cant seem to understand.. Smh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Closes Case Against Onnoghen After 3 Witnesses by almarthins(m): 10:59pm On Mar 21, 2019
Episteme2:
Nigerians, irrespective of party leanings, should condemn this kind of Justice and trial system in Nigeria. It's Onneghen today, you don't know whose turn it will be tomorrow. You don't convict someone in the media and then get confused in the law court. This man really has suffered all because his judicial disposition was a threat to APC's plan to rig the Presidential election.

If talk about injustice to onneghen then you have forgotten the injustice we face as ordinary citizen daily in this country. A poor man stole small phone, he was sentence to 6yrs in prison by a judge while the looters are given 3-6months in prison without hard labor. Some are even working scotfree labelled as saint alaye.

1 Like

Re: FG Closes Case Against Onnoghen After 3 Witnesses by Twy: 11:00pm On Mar 21, 2019
KGD10:
The power of bribee. Wasn't he not the same man one of his thieving friend testified about him not knowing how to open an account hence why he opened an account on his behalf. Corrupt politicians everywhere. Even people would have you believe ibori was a saint if he hadn't been sentenced in the UK. May God heal Nigeria.
I believe the truth is in the middle. Either the EFCC is soft peddling trying to get him to resign. If he falsely declared his assets what were his assets at time of declaration and not today. Total in bank account means little unless he has little knowledge of money. What they need to show are the transactions during mg the period. Even if they want to go further what are the main sources of transactions. That is where you can then investigate if he was receiving by Bribe. That is a what FBI used to catch the college bribery incident. Just trace the credits
And debits
Re: FG Closes Case Against Onnoghen After 3 Witnesses by almarthins(m): 11:01pm On Mar 21, 2019
yummydrae:
Sometimes i wonder how we have gotten so low as to let sentiments ruin our common sense.. Kindly attach your brain to your thumbs people.. This simply means "conclusion of prosecution argument..."
So you mean you guys didnt read the part where the prosecution said they brought 3 witnesses out instead of 6 and the defence should indicate if the remaining witnesses should be broughy forward??
Some peeps will just come here to show acute foolishness over matters they cant seem to understand.. Smh

Most of them here are pikins in this matter
Re: FG Closes Case Against Onnoghen After 3 Witnesses by Twy: 11:02pm On Mar 21, 2019
yummydrae:
I too believe something is fishy. That was a soft prosecution even if they have no case.

1 Like

Re: FG Closes Case Against Onnoghen After 3 Witnesses by almarthins(m): 11:04pm On Mar 21, 2019
yummydrae:

Most of them here are pikins in this matter grin
Re: FG Closes Case Against Onnoghen After 3 Witnesses by Och77(m): 11:06pm On Mar 21, 2019
You people don't understand, a deal have definitely been struck by both parties for his reinstatement as substantive CJN. If not how can you explain the FG witnesses testifying against the FG. So Atiku might as well bid goodbye to the exaulted seat.
Re: FG Closes Case Against Onnoghen After 3 Witnesses by MrAJQ(m): 11:26pm On Mar 21, 2019
DogmaNation:

https://www.nairaland.com/5091261/onnoghen-owns-only-5-houses

That's the link ..now shut ur dirty mouth!
Do you have sense? Look back at question and give an answer it. Odee
Re: FG Closes Case Against Onnoghen After 3 Witnesses by April4th(m): 11:27pm On Mar 21, 2019
I said it sometime ago, that this case is a clear case of witch hunting and calling a dog a bad name just to hang it. Some called me names, now see the monumental disgrace the FG has disgraced themselves. It is well
Re: FG Closes Case Against Onnoghen After 3 Witnesses by senatordave1(m): 11:28pm On Mar 21, 2019
Gandollar:
Hello my senator! Useless troll grin
Your father.you're even a quintessential troll.
Re: FG Closes Case Against Onnoghen After 3 Witnesses by senatordave1(m): 11:32pm On Mar 21, 2019
Och77:
You people don't understand, a deal have definitely been struck by both parties for his reinstatement as substantive CJN. If not how can you explain the FG witnesses testifying against the FG. So Atiku might as well bid goodbye to the exaulted seat.
Not so.the plan was actually to remove him out of the equation not to jail or convict him.it will just be like the salami case.
Re: FG Closes Case Against Onnoghen After 3 Witnesses by senatordave1(m): 11:32pm On Mar 21, 2019
April4th:
I said it sometime ago, that this case is a clear case of witch hunting and calling a dog a bad name just to hang it. Some called me names, now see the monumental disgrace the FG has disgraced themselves. It is well
The fg disgraced him and not the other way.
Re: FG Closes Case Against Onnoghen After 3 Witnesses by nameo: 11:36pm On Mar 21, 2019
Raskasal:

No, he didnt.

He doesnt have any foreign account, young chap.

That is what the Govt prosecution who was supppsee to prove that said.

1 Like

Re: FG Closes Case Against Onnoghen After 3 Witnesses by April4th(m): 11:39pm On Mar 21, 2019
senatordave1:

The fg disgraced him and not the other way.

How did the FG disgraced him I wonder? Someone they claim has 55 houses, now he has only 5 and 1 of the 5 was given to him by this same FG. He’s billions of dollars in foreign accounts, meanwhile he’ actually has less than $20m in all his accounts combined. How you still support this kind of government I wonder. Make I not say much, before them .....you know the rest.

1 Share

Re: FG Closes Case Against Onnoghen After 3 Witnesses by lagdmark(m): 11:54pm On Mar 21, 2019
Buhari Mr integrity fighting corruption without direction.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Army Arrests, Detains Officers Over Intercepted Weaponised Drones At Airport / Dino Melaye: Lawyers Clash With Policemen In Court Premises (Photos, VIDEO) / Billions Of Naira Stashed In Wike, Ganduje, Matawalle's Home - Sahara Reporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.