Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,141 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:16 AM

EFCC Boss, Magu, Wants Inclusion Of Anti-graft Studies In School Curricula - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Boss, Magu, Wants Inclusion Of Anti-graft Studies In School Curricula (5810 Views)

“embrace Whistle-blowing Policy” - EFCC Boss, Magu Urges Nigerians / Corruption Is Killing Nigeria’s Economy – EFCC Boss, Magu / See What EFCC Boss, Magu Did After Hearing Of DSS Boss Daura's Sack (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

EFCC Boss, Magu, Wants Inclusion Of Anti-graft Studies In School Curricula by mrakeli62: 6:08am On Mar 22, 2019
In a bid to stem the tide of cyber crime among youths, especially undergraduates, acting Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Ibrahim Magu, has stressed the need to include anti-corruption studies in the curricula of institutions of higher learning in the country.

Magu, who fielded questions in Hausa during a special programme on Bond 92.9FM, in Lagos, said the commission has opened talks with the National University Commission (NUC) on the possibility of introducing anti-corruption courses in the curricula of higher institutions in the country.

“If we realise that corruption and economic and financial crimes can hinder a nation, then, it is not out of place to introduce this kind of course in our tertiary institutions, as an impetus to our drive to change the narrative on our campuses, as the undergraduates constitute the major actors in Internet crimes.

“By so doing, we would have literally opened the eyes of these students, who will, someday, hold positions of leadership in the affairs of the nation, to the inherent dangers in the vice. And in the end, they will turn out to be crusaders of anti-corruption war, with the nation being the overall beneficiary,” he said.

The anti-graft chief, who was represented by the commission’s Zonal Head in Lagos, Muhammed Rabo, assured that the commission is winning the war against the infamous Yahoo boys

“In fact, Internet fraudsters now know that it is no more business as usual. I can say this with all confidence.

“The clampdown is not only in Lagos; it is across the country, especially as we have now opened more offices,” he said.

He further said as part of efforts to discourage youths from engaging in the criminal practice, thecommission had been carrying out public advocacy and education against the commission of economic and financial crimes.

“We go into secondary schools to educate them about the consequences of crime, while also warning them to shun all forms of criminality, because it will always end in pains and sorrow,” he said.

Magu also described as untrue, the claim by some members of the public, that the commission had been selective in its operations.

He said the commission has always given equal attention to all petitions it received, adding that, “our doors are open to all Nigerians with genuine complaints that can be substantiated in law.

https://www.akelicious.net/2019/03/efcc-boss-magu-wants-inclusion-of-anti.html

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EFCC Boss, Magu, Wants Inclusion Of Anti-graft Studies In School Curricula by Nobody: 6:08am On Mar 22, 2019
Okay
Re: EFCC Boss, Magu, Wants Inclusion Of Anti-graft Studies In School Curricula by helinues: 6:12am On Mar 22, 2019
They must be joking.

Teaching people at earlier age on how to evade arrests??

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Boss, Magu, Wants Inclusion Of Anti-graft Studies In School Curricula by nony43(m): 6:43am On Mar 22, 2019
This is the brightest idea that has ever come out from Magu, by the way let's start with you investigating the bullion van politician first

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Boss, Magu, Wants Inclusion Of Anti-graft Studies In School Curricula by GOFRONT(m): 6:45am On Mar 22, 2019
Good

1 Like

Re: EFCC Boss, Magu, Wants Inclusion Of Anti-graft Studies In School Curricula by EzeFund(m): 6:47am On Mar 22, 2019
Misplaced priority, characteristics of a third world nation.
It's not about introducing anti graft course or whatever. Create jobs and viable business environment. That should be the priority of the Government of the day.

25 Likes 5 Shares

Re: EFCC Boss, Magu, Wants Inclusion Of Anti-graft Studies In School Curricula by AsiwajuNdigbo: 6:49am On Mar 22, 2019
Abi the guy craze? Who want go school to study anti-corruption. Dat one na career? Werey

1 Like

Re: EFCC Boss, Magu, Wants Inclusion Of Anti-graft Studies In School Curricula by sweetrace(f): 6:49am On Mar 22, 2019
Fantastic idea, but ethics should be taught in schools from elementary schools, through middle and high schools to tertiary and post tertiary education. If taught only in tertiary schools, the students are already adults with their own value system. Best to inculcate the right values in them right from their formative years.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EFCC Boss, Magu, Wants Inclusion Of Anti-graft Studies In School Curricula by InaNla(f): 6:50am On Mar 22, 2019
Myopic leaders.

Jaundiced proposal

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Boss, Magu, Wants Inclusion Of Anti-graft Studies In School Curricula by jericco1(m): 6:51am On Mar 22, 2019
EFCC is very weak. the only time they have power is when it comes to hustlers like G-boys. how can someone drive two bullion van of money into his house and they all acted like it is something normal. nawa o! if I leave this country I go come back so

9 Likes

Re: EFCC Boss, Magu, Wants Inclusion Of Anti-graft Studies In School Curricula by Whitneyclark(f): 6:52am On Mar 22, 2019
Why emphasize/focus more on yahoo boys? Politicians are there wasting & looting money here & there,Tinubu had bullion vans leave his compound.,.. no word & you are here laying so much emphasis/focus on Yahoo.....start from where is necessary and please do not disturb the heads of those students with unnecessary books,their conscience and heart is enough to lead them through the right part

10 Likes

Re: EFCC Boss, Magu, Wants Inclusion Of Anti-graft Studies In School Curricula by diablos: 6:52am On Mar 22, 2019
That ugly, black lipped puppet chairman must be thinking very highly of himself. People like him who exist just to do other people's bidding should endeavour to stay mute always and stick to the scripts of their ventriloquist masters.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Boss, Magu, Wants Inclusion Of Anti-graft Studies In School Curricula by fagbohun4j(m): 6:52am On Mar 22, 2019
This man just dey do anyhow, it's a matter of time, everything will be over...... We go survive.

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Boss, Magu, Wants Inclusion Of Anti-graft Studies In School Curricula by logon599: 6:53am On Mar 22, 2019
They'll probably send their best lecturer to lautech grin

Na joke o grin
By the way I don't believe the lautech tag as the school with the highest number of internet fraudsters to be entirely true. That's the ones they know, not the ones that exist.

Get your professional Architectural designs from very LOW prices and from any location. Contact me through my signature below or checkout my profile for more of my job samples. Thanks

Re: EFCC Boss, Magu, Wants Inclusion Of Anti-graft Studies In School Curricula by mazimee(m): 6:54am On Mar 22, 2019
So this Magu guy is still the EFCC boss after being rejected by the senate?

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Boss, Magu, Wants Inclusion Of Anti-graft Studies In School Curricula by KINGwax007(m): 6:54am On Mar 22, 2019
jericco1:
EFCC is very weak. the only time they have power is when it comes to hustlers like G-boys. how can someone drive two bullion van of money into his house and they all acted like it is something normal. nawa o! if I leave this country I go come back so
bullion vans are out there for rental. Your life savings will still leave a space in a small purse. So stop getting bitter about those who are rich- either by being a crook or thru honesty. Make your fuckin money and rent your own bullion van.

And don't let me hear u say u are satisfied. Thunder will strike u if I did

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Boss, Magu, Wants Inclusion Of Anti-graft Studies In School Curricula by amidel(m): 6:55am On Mar 22, 2019
History would be better than this anti rubbish

4 Likes

Re: EFCC Boss, Magu, Wants Inclusion Of Anti-graft Studies In School Curricula by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:55am On Mar 22, 2019
That will be a very good thing.....

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EFCC Boss, Magu, Wants Inclusion Of Anti-graft Studies In School Curricula by midnighter(f): 6:56am On Mar 22, 2019
I thought they already had something on this in that their SSS (social and security studies?). i saw my cousin with one textbook like that. And CRK, Physical health and all those. all of these subjects are actually beating around the bush because history is not taught until tertiary level. the best lessons are the ones from the past

if the people in power stopped doing it, the children would stop. Where do they think children get those ideas from

maybe its not really what we teach, but how. critical thinking, analysis and problem-solving skills should be a common thread woven through all stages of education. they should be able to weigh information (eg. if doing yahoo will be any good to them, in the long run) in a sensible and well-informed manner.

Not just to go to school and copy lines from a book about "Why Corruption is Not Good". Even the ruling government could write volumes on why its not good yet they still persist in committing atrocities

There are probably a lot of good classroom discussions to be had from the topic, too. Its actually more of a philosophy or ethics class topic. Not a standalone subject

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Boss, Magu, Wants Inclusion Of Anti-graft Studies In School Curricula by jericco1(m): 6:56am On Mar 22, 2019
KINGwax007:
bullion vans are out there for rental. Your life savings will still leave a space in a small purse. So stop getting bitter about those who are rich- either by being a crook or thru honesty. Make your fuckin money and rent your own bullion van.

don't be foolish that's pure money laundering
do you think he's bringing it into his house for safekeeping?
Re: EFCC Boss, Magu, Wants Inclusion Of Anti-graft Studies In School Curricula by Chinashopping84: 6:57am On Mar 22, 2019
Situation odikwa very risky
Re: EFCC Boss, Magu, Wants Inclusion Of Anti-graft Studies In School Curricula by tyup(m): 6:57am On Mar 22, 2019
That's good but when will EFCC come to mellanby UI to arrest our Hall chairman Fraudstar ADVANTAGE angry for The Embezzlement of Student paid funds and government

That guy na natural born thief no be for here sad
Re: EFCC Boss, Magu, Wants Inclusion Of Anti-graft Studies In School Curricula by ebab(m): 7:00am On Mar 22, 2019
KINGwax007:

Correct guy
Re: EFCC Boss, Magu, Wants Inclusion Of Anti-graft Studies In School Curricula by Timekeeper: 7:02am On Mar 22, 2019
..... Better all those South East Universities needs it..... Them too dey pack Nigeria money
Re: EFCC Boss, Magu, Wants Inclusion Of Anti-graft Studies In School Curricula by legendsilver(m): 7:03am On Mar 22, 2019
sweetrace:
Fantastic idea, but ethics should be taught in schools from elementary schools, through middle and high schools to tertiary and post tertiary education. If taught only in tertiary schools, the students are already adults with their own value system. Best to inculcate the right values in them right from their formative years.
I don't expect your comment to gather likes and shares because its of high value to sane minds like us. Try condemn this move by efcc and see how your likes will shoot up.
Thanks for seeing things rightly

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Boss, Magu, Wants Inclusion Of Anti-graft Studies In School Curricula by Nobody: 7:04am On Mar 22, 2019
its already in Unical.. very useless course with even more useless lecturers
Re: EFCC Boss, Magu, Wants Inclusion Of Anti-graft Studies In School Curricula by Truefaith: 7:09am On Mar 22, 2019
Sorry, Mr Magu, ignorance is not the issue.

Innate godlessness is.

People don't steal because they do not know the property does not belong to them: they steal because they do not fear God.

And righteousness cannot be imparted by the teacher in a classroom. It is only God, through the knowledge of His only begotten Son, Jesus Christ, that changes the heart of man.

We should be brave enough to face the truth about ourselves. The best of us, even in the EFCC, cannot be trusted, on his own, to live straight on other people's properties.

"Rejoice, O young man, in thy youth; and let thy heart cheer thee in the days of thy youth, and walk in the ways of thine heart, and in the sight of thine eyes: but know thou, that for all these things God will bring thee into judgment". Ecc 11:9

Turning to the true God is the only way out.

https://www.thetruechristianfaith.com/what-does-it-mean-to-be-born-again/
Re: EFCC Boss, Magu, Wants Inclusion Of Anti-graft Studies In School Curricula by KINGwax007(m): 7:09am On Mar 22, 2019
jericco1:

don't be foolish that's pure money laundering
do you think he's bringing it into his house for safekeeping?
you don't even know what money laundering is. The money may or may not be illegal but it wasn't being concealed.
Re: EFCC Boss, Magu, Wants Inclusion Of Anti-graft Studies In School Curricula by arantess: 7:13am On Mar 22, 2019
I heard there's no history in curriculum, when will they add that one too, so we know the history of this country

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Seun Has Finally Dealt With Nairaland Canceller / Edo Assembly Directs CJ To Set Up Panel On Impeachment Of Shaibu / What Have You Done For Nigeria Or Your Country In Your Entire Life?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.