Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,076 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:24 AM

That Olodo Duped Me! - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / That Olodo Duped Me! (1004 Views)

I Got Duped By A Nairalander / How I Narrowly Escaped Being Duped With A Fake Transaction From A Known Customer / I'm In Need Of Job, Got Duped Of 1.4 Million Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

That Olodo Duped Me! by inteligente: 8:11am On Mar 22, 2019
“that olodo duped me” said by one gentle man, well dressed. In my mind, I was like “ oga, stop it. How do you feel that a man you claimed to be a dullard duped you? It is like a goal keeper saying that a terrible striker scored a hat trick against him in a competitive game( for the Non-Nigerians, olodo means än unintelligible Person”). Many Nigerians are very creative and innovative, I can assure you that. Prior to the advert of yahoo plus which I call money ritual , many young Nigerians with little education outsmart many white men of which some are professors, well educated with their funds. It is normally called “yahoo- yahoo” or 419 as the case may be. It is worthy of note to state clearly that I condemn such act but looking at the bright side, it takes an innovative or clever mind to pull that stunt. That being said, what is my point. What if there is a platform for many young people to show how creative and innovative they are and get rewarded almost immediately. Rather for the youth to channel this innovativeness in a negative light, they can start thinking positively once they are assured and aware that they will be rewarded handsomely and be well recognized. This way, the alarming rate of which yahoo plus (money ritual), theft and other social vices have been increasing in recent times will reduce and most importantly, our prison will also be decongested, lol. Gracias!
Re: That Olodo Duped Me! by Teettyllayho: 4:25pm On Mar 22, 2019
Wow. What a viewpoint!
Re: That Olodo Duped Me! by inteligente: 6:43pm On Mar 22, 2019
Teettyllayho:
Wow. What a viewpoint!

Thank you.

Have you read about Frank William Abagnale Jr. ? While he was young (15-25), he was a con artist, in fact 419 as Nigerians would say. He forged plenty cheques and would cash them. He was so smart that he deceived people to believe what he was not. Today, he would claim a lawyer and will go to the court, he would claim a doctor and perform some doctor jobs etc and would do well There was nothing he couldnt do. When he was caught or I guess, he gave himself up to the police. While in prison, he helped the police to detect plenty fake cheques that the FBI had to release him from jail with a condition that he would work with them to identify fraudulent cheques and catch thieves. He consulted for many institutions and identify grey areas in their security systems. Million of dollars were saved because of him and many thieves were caught due to him. Some people would say, he is a snitch.lol. My dear friend, if that guy were to a Nigerian, he would have died with his talents in the prison.
It is high time that Nigerian government and other private institutions create a platform to attract innovative minds. Thank you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: That Olodo Duped Me! by vicadex07(m): 8:43pm On Mar 22, 2019
inteligente:

Thank you.

Have you read about Frank William Abagnale Jr. ? While he was young (15-25), he was a con artist, in fact 419 as Nigerians would say. He forged plenty cheques and would cash them. He was so smart that he deceived people to believe what he was not. Today, he would claim a lawyer and will go to the court, he would claim a doctor and perform some doctor jobs etc and would do well There was nothing he couldnt do. When he was caught or I guess, he gave himself up to the police. While in prison, he helped the police to detect plenty fake cheques that the FBI had to release him from jail with a condition that he would work with them to identify fraudulent cheques and catch thieves. He consulted for many institutions and identify grey areas in their security systems. Million of dollars were saved because of him and many thieves were caught due to him. Some people would say, he is a snitch.lol. My dear friend, if that guy were to a Nigerian, he would have died with his talents in the prison.
It is high time that Nigerian government and other private institutions create a platform to attract innovative minds. Thank you.

This was made into the movie "catch me if you can" by Leonardo di caprio
Re: That Olodo Duped Me! by inteligente: 12:40am On Mar 23, 2019
vicadex07:

This was made into the movie "catch me if you can" by Leonardo di caprio

Yeah, very true.

(1) (Reply)

Removed / Urgent Vacancy At ED SCOB SUITES. Lagos And Ibadan / Commission-based Job/employment (part-time)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.