Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,076 members, 7,825,399 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:18 PM

First Bank Of Nigeria Wants To Ruin My Business - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / First Bank Of Nigeria Wants To Ruin My Business (516 Views)

Nairaland Is About To Ruin My Mtn Number / 5 Types Of Friends That Would Ruin Your Finances - Avoid Them!!! / Maradona Mad That Argentina Lost To Nigeria, Wants To Return As Coach (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

First Bank Of Nigeria Wants To Ruin My Business by Alamin02: 9:07am On Mar 22, 2019
I am a farmer and I have been transacting with various banks to but my experience with FBN is threatening my business and I will want to use this medium to seek the support of the necessary authorities to put things right and safe my business.

Below is a copy of the complaint letter I have sent to Central Bank of Nigeria.

Central Bank of Nigeria,
Abeokuta,
Ogun State.
18/03/2019

Attention Customer Services Desk,

Dear Sir,

LETTER OF COMPLAINT IN RESPECT OF FIRST BANK OF NIGERIA ON OUR LC TRANSACTIONS

We hereby write to formally seek for your immediate intervention between our company and First Bank of Nigeria on their negligence of duty on our transaction.
Our company Al-Amin Aqua Integrated Farming Resources Nigeria Limited is duly registered under the CAMA. L.F.N 2004 with registration number RC 733066 located at Imagbon via Ijebu Ode, Ogun State. The company is a customer of First Bank of Nigeria, Ijebu Ode branch.
A Form ‘M’ for importation of raw materials was opened on our behalf sometime in October 2017 with a provision of 45 days forward FX but due to delay from First Bank of Nigeria, the draft LC was prepared after about a year when the Form ‘M’ had expired, hence, we requested for an extension of the Form ‘M’.
By our letter dated 11th day of December, 2018 to First Bank of Nigeria, we requested for 6months Form ‘M’ extension MF2917/20964.
It however was the duty of the bank to process the Form M extension on behalf of our company through the Central Bank of Nigeria, but surprisingly the bank was so negligent to the extent that she omitted to attach the BILL OF LADING which was fundamental to the extension to the application to the Central Bank of Nigeria which made it impossible for CBN to process the said application.
We wrote a letter of complaint to First Bank of Nigeria on our letter head paper, dated 4th day of February, 2019 in respect of this grievous mistake and to also let them know that they will be held responsible for any liability that may arise thereafter, our letter was neglected and given no response which we also believe silence means consent.

[/left]

As a result of this fundamental error on the part of the bank, the goods entered demurrage snowballing to over #4.8Million from (#.7 Million), thereby becoming difficult to clear the goods from the port up till this time of writing this letter.
All our efforts to make the bank come to our aids proved abortive. The bank is trying to visit her sin on our company by claiming that we should pay demurrage on the goods when the delay was caused out-rightly by their negligence.
Despite several complaints by our company to the bank, stating that the delay was not due to our company’s fault, the bank did not burge. Presently we are operating at a loss, we once again appeal and solicits for your good office intervention to prevent the bank from completely ruining our business.
Attached to our letter are:
1. Letter dated the 11th day of December, 2018 request for 6 months Form M extension MF2017920698.
2. CBN letter dated January 7th 2019 re: Extension of Form ‘M’
3. Our letter dated 4th day of February 2019 Re: Extension of Form ‘M’

Whilst, thanking you for your usual cooperation, we rely on you heavily for your intervention.

Yours Faithfully,

(1) (Reply)

How To Refill Gas Cylinder At Home / Let’s Settle This!!! Kizz Daniel Or Zlatan, Who Is The Biggest Nigerian Artist A / Commercial Bus Owner Use Gallon As Fuel Tank Put Himself And Commuters At Risk.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.