Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,499 members, 7,830,506 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:15 AM

Osun Election Tribunal’s Judgment: Live Update - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osun Election Tribunal’s Judgment: Live Update (51535 Views)

Tribunal Judgment: Festus Keyamo Congratulates Buhari At Home (Photo) / JUST IN: PDP Reject Tribunal’s Judgment, Heads To Supreme Court ….says Verdict, / Osun Election Tribunal’s Judgment: Police Beef Up Security Ahead Of Tomorrow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osun Election Tribunal’s Judgment: Live Update by capitalzero: 3:34pm On Mar 22, 2019
Apc must not appeal. They should congratulate pdp adeleke. Appea is waste of time and resources

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osun Election Tribunal’s Judgment: Live Update by TheStrongest: 3:35pm On Mar 22, 2019
gare:

The Tribunal did a very good job, even if it had gone the way of APC, I like the way the judgement came in parts, even if it goes to the Appeal and Supreme Court it will be very difficult to upturn, PMB watch out the Judiciary is coming for you dont think you can embarrass one of theirs and get away with it, there are still some judges that are still willing to do the right thing without collecting bribe.
Very apt.

1 Like

Re: Osun Election Tribunal’s Judgment: Live Update by Ozkar: 3:35pm On Mar 22, 2019
andico34:

it looks impossible......the tribunal exhibited bravery
as much as I hate to say it, this is Nigeria bro. Some things are not impossible.
Re: Osun Election Tribunal’s Judgment: Live Update by DMerciful(m): 3:36pm On Mar 22, 2019
Justice well delivered and justice well deserved. Congratulations to Adeleke and The PDP!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun Election Tribunal’s Judgment: Live Update by emmanuel90(m): 3:36pm On Mar 22, 2019
This thing will reach Supreme court.
And by that time, the Presidency will already be involved and it would be upturn. Na Nigeria we day.
Make Adeleke go rest
Re: Osun Election Tribunal’s Judgment: Live Update by Binikingdowm: 3:36pm On Mar 22, 2019
fergie001:

https://punchng.com/breaking-tribunal-declares-pdps-adeleke-winner-of-osun-election/

Adeleke won...

They always sit in odd numbers of 3 or 5....so that one decision must split a tie...

It changes nothing but affirms the winner...just like in a boxing fight....
I don't understand all this English.

Is adeleke now the Governor? Can another useless court overturn it? Abeg answer
Re: Osun Election Tribunal’s Judgment: Live Update by ifko: 3:36pm On Mar 22, 2019
hismail1:
#OsunTribunal panel has a split decision. Two members (majority judgment) ruled in favour of PDP/Ademola; the chairman, Justice Ibrahim Sirajo (minority judgment), ruled in favour of APC/Oyetola @MobilePunch #AdelekePDPvsOyetolaAPC
That is the on ethat collected money from Tinubu.. God pass them Day light robbery
Re: Osun Election Tribunal’s Judgment: Live Update by ukpono10: 3:36pm On Mar 22, 2019
BREAKING: Osun election tribunal declares Senator Adeleke winner 6 minutes ago 1363 views by Jerrywright Ukwu The election tribunal judgment on Osun 2018 governorship election has ruled in favour of Senator Ademola Adeleke. The three-member bench of the tribunal led by Justice Ibrahim Sirajo delivered its judgment at the Federal High Court, Apo, Abuja on Friday, March 22. The petition was filed by the People's Democratic Party (PDP) and its governorship candidate, Adeleke, challenging the victory of Governor Gboyega Oyetola in the guber polls held in September 2018. Senator Adeleke and the PDP had put forward a total of 20 prayers including prayer asking to be declared winner of the election and be issued certificate of return by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC). READ ALSO: 9th NASS: APC senators-elect oppose zoning positions to individuals Justice Peter Obiora in delivered the lead judgment on behalf the tribunal. “In the final analysis, having held that the cancellation was illegal based on non compliance, it is our decision that the petitioners won the election of the Osun State Gubernatorial Election,’’ Obiora said. Read more: https://www.legit.ng/1229009-breaking-osun-election-tribunal-declares-senator-adeleke-winner.html

1 Like

Re: Osun Election Tribunal’s Judgment: Live Update by Emyben(m): 3:37pm On Mar 22, 2019
fergie001:

https://punchng.com/breaking-tribunal-declares-pdps-adeleke-winner-of-osun-election/

Adeleke won...

They always sit in odd numbers of 3 or 5....so that one decision must split a tie...

It changes nothing but affirms the winner...just like in a boxing fight....

oh.. thanks
Re: Osun Election Tribunal’s Judgment: Live Update by Binikingdowm: 3:38pm On Mar 22, 2019
emmanuel90:
And by that time, the Presidency will already be involved and it would be upturn. Na Nigeria we day.
Make Adeleke go rest
like how oshiomole own was upturned abi? Mtchew

7 Likes

Re: Osun Election Tribunal’s Judgment: Live Update by Naijagram(m): 3:38pm On Mar 22, 2019
Update
The Tribunal cancelled the result of 17 polling units thereby deducting 2227 from APC votes and 1246 votes from PDP votes.

APC 255,505 - 2227 = 253,278
PDP 255,023 - 1246 = 253,777

#OsunTribunalJudgment

1 Like

Re: Osun Election Tribunal’s Judgment: Live Update by fergie001: 3:39pm On Mar 22, 2019
Binikingdowm:

It will go to Appeal and perhaps Supreme Court if Oyetola wants to appeal.....

But I can tell you for free, with the work by the tribunal today; the thoroughness was very good,if not excellent....if Oyetola tries to appeal..he will be spending his money on nothing.....he is gone....

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun Election Tribunal’s Judgment: Live Update by gare(f): 3:39pm On Mar 22, 2019
TheStrongest:
Very apt.

PMB came after the noble Profession without proof to embarrass the CJN, now look at what is going on with the trial at the CCB, he should expect a blow back, I dont see them bribing their ways, Atiku follow your case with everything you have justice will come your way

5 Likes

Re: Osun Election Tribunal’s Judgment: Live Update by InaNla(f): 3:39pm On Mar 22, 2019
Thank you Jesus.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun Election Tribunal’s Judgment: Live Update by fergie001: 3:40pm On Mar 22, 2019
Binikingdowm:

YES,he is the Governor

2 Likes

Re: Osun Election Tribunal’s Judgment: Live Update by jerryvyne(m): 3:40pm On Mar 22, 2019
hmmmm
Re: Osun Election Tribunal’s Judgment: Live Update by muykem: 3:48pm On Mar 22, 2019
Appeal court will upture the judgement. Supreme Court has consistently support rerun election where the different between leading contestants is not up register of cancelled votes.
Re: Osun Election Tribunal’s Judgment: Live Update by Indispensable85(m): 3:49pm On Mar 22, 2019
fergie001:

YES,he is the Governor

Not yet o ooo.
Until the supreme court upholds the decision of the tribunal. Remember Wike?
I hope Adeleke is favoured at the supreme court because he actually won that election.

3 Likes

Re: Osun Election Tribunal’s Judgment: Live Update by DMerciful(m): 3:50pm On Mar 22, 2019
Whatever, I hope the tribunal give Oyetola 24hours to vacate that seat! Rubbish!
muykem:
Appeal court will upture the judgement. Supreme Court has consistently support rerun election where the different between leading contestants is not up register of cancelled votes.

1 Like

Re: Osun Election Tribunal’s Judgment: Live Update by OlujobaSamuel: 3:51pm On Mar 22, 2019
fergie001:

YES,he is the Governor
If APC/Oyetola appeals, he won't be until every means of appeal is exhausted.
This is to avoid changing the CEO of the state everytime there is a judgement not favourable to the person on seat

1 Like

Re: Osun Election Tribunal’s Judgment: Live Update by FraudMan: 3:52pm On Mar 22, 2019
FraudMan:
BREAKING NEWS!!!

PDP HAS DONE IT AGAIN!!!! ADELEKE HAVE JUST BEEN DECLARED WINNER IN OSUN STATE

UNA DEY FEEL AM grin

2 Likes

Re: Osun Election Tribunal’s Judgment: Live Update by Nobody: 3:53pm On Mar 22, 2019
TheStrongest:
Very apt.

All PDP need do is win at the court of appeal. Once they can tackle issues for determination at the first appellate court, they are home and dry. Supreme Court hardly up turns concurrent judgements.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osun Election Tribunal’s Judgment: Live Update by OlujobaSamuel: 3:54pm On Mar 22, 2019
muykem:
This is another angle, SC already upheld the power of INEC to cancel an election and order rerun, the tribunal didn't reflect on that part in its ruling, that might be the only saving grace for Oyetola ati C of A and SC.

2 Likes

Re: Osun Election Tribunal’s Judgment: Live Update by Udantu: 3:58pm On Mar 22, 2019
I hope they reach SC. Cjn onnoghen will be reinstated then and the party that humilated him will hear it

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun Election Tribunal’s Judgment: Live Update by Indispensable85(m): 3:58pm On Mar 22, 2019
fergie001:

It will go to Appeal and perhaps Supreme Court if Oyetola wants to appeal.....

But I can tell you for free, with the work by the tribunal today; the thoroughness was very good,if not excellent....if Oyetola tries to appeal..he will be spending his money on nothing.....he is gone....

Don't be too sure o ooo....hmmmm......
Nigeria? Nigeria? Before u know,the supreme court will just say the tribunal erred by declaring the rerun election illegal. Story don change be that! The whole world know that Adeleke won that election. I've learnt not to expect too much from people in this country.

1 Like

Re: Osun Election Tribunal’s Judgment: Live Update by Indispensable85(m): 4:05pm On Mar 22, 2019
specter:

All PDP need do is win at the court of appeal. Once they can tackle issues for determination at the first appellate court, they are home and dry. Supreme Court hardly up turns concurrent judgements.

Wike lost at both tribunal and appeal courts.
Na supreme court change everything.

2 Likes

Re: Osun Election Tribunal’s Judgment: Live Update by tsinzu: 4:05pm On Mar 22, 2019
Sidaissystems:

Haffar bro.....it's like you will need water to relax
Who needs water now?
Re: Osun Election Tribunal’s Judgment: Live Update by tuniski: 4:06pm On Mar 22, 2019
emmanuel90:
Make Adeleke go rest
Even before God Adeleke/pdp won fair and square.

4 Likes

Re: Osun Election Tribunal’s Judgment: Live Update by ayorchukwu(m): 4:07pm On Mar 22, 2019
And the winner is Ademola Adeleke of PDP

5 Likes

Re: Osun Election Tribunal’s Judgment: Live Update by tuniski: 4:08pm On Mar 22, 2019
Indispensable85:

Wike lost at both tribunal and appeal courts.
Na supreme court change everything.

Yes the 'constitutionality issue' of card reader was the defining stroke that swung it for Wike at the Supreme court.
Re: Osun Election Tribunal’s Judgment: Live Update by Indispensable85(m): 4:11pm On Mar 22, 2019
OlujobaSamuel:

This is another angle, SC already upheld the power of INEC to cancel an election and order rerun, the tribunal didn't reflect on that part in its ruling, that might be the only saving grace for Oyetola ati C of A and SC.

It appears to be a very strong ground for appeal. It's like the tribunal declared the rerun illegal and deducted the results gotten from the 17 polling units where the rerun held from the both parties.if the supreme court can just acknowledge the powers of INEC to order a rerun then,there will be serious trouble for Adeleke. I want him to be favoured, because he actually won that election.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun Election Tribunal’s Judgment: Live Update by Indispensable85(m): 4:16pm On Mar 22, 2019
tuniski:

Yes the 'constitutionality issue' of card reader was the defining stroke that swung it for Wike at the Supreme court.

That's my point,my brother. The supreme court can just come up with one sentence and everything will just end.
I'm not jubilant yet,until the supreme court gives his verdict. The dangerous thing is that you can't go anywhere else.
Their decision is just like the golden goal rule in football then. I think Adeleke truly won that election.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Amotekun Intercepts Truckload Of Armed Fulani Herdsmen In Ibadan / UK Parliament: Gowon Stole Money 'Half Of The Central Bank Of Nigeria' / Gowon With Idi Amin In Uganda, The Same Day He Was Overthrown In Nigeria (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.