Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,395 members, 7,958,140 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 09:31 AM

What Will Happen To Ex CJN Onnoghen? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Will Happen To Ex CJN Onnoghen? (12238 Views)

Atiku Reacts To CJN Onnoghen's Petition in CCB / See pictures of Petition FG Brought against CJN, Onnoghen / Breaking: FG Asks CJN Onnoghen To Vacate Office Over Asset Declaration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Go Down)

What Will Happen To Ex CJN Onnoghen? by Officialgarri: 1:40pm On Mar 22, 2019
https://www.nairaland.com/5091526/fg-closes-case-against-onnoghen#76863328

I refer to the link above and other verifiable news source.

Lawyers in the house, I would like to know the fate of Onoghen since the allegations made against him have be struck out .

Will Onoghen be returned to the sit of the CJN and Justice Ibrahim Mohammed will be demoted ?
Or will Onoghen be automatically retired by the FG?

If he would be returned as a CJN, will he have to be sworn in by President Buhari again?

3 Likes

Re: What Will Happen To Ex CJN Onnoghen? by Okuda(m): 1:43pm On Mar 22, 2019
bleh
Re: What Will Happen To Ex CJN Onnoghen? by PRINCEVICKEY: 1:43pm On Mar 22, 2019
awwooo loooo

3 Likes

Re: What Will Happen To Ex CJN Onnoghen? by Ovie56(m): 1:44pm On Mar 22, 2019
There'll be a counter suit.. i think
Re: What Will Happen To Ex CJN Onnoghen? by AngelicBeing: 1:44pm On Mar 22, 2019
sad

3 Likes

Re: What Will Happen To Ex CJN Onnoghen? by Bar1941(m): 1:44pm On Mar 22, 2019
Nigerian Judiciary is the foundation of Nigerian problems, you can't have a sane country under an insane judiciary system.

For Onoghen, he should just retire himself and enjoy the money he has acquired. Water and Fire can't live in thesame room so in my opinion, he and Bubu can't work together.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Will Happen To Ex CJN Onnoghen? by tropaz(m): 1:44pm On Mar 22, 2019
angry

CJN onnoghen should file a case against Buhari at the international criminal court.

This is injustice at its peak if he's not reinstated with immediate effect.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Will Happen To Ex CJN Onnoghen? by SilasNwude: 1:44pm On Mar 22, 2019
grin

NJC should do the needful and suspend tanko

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Will Happen To Ex CJN Onnoghen? by stalwart123(m): 1:44pm On Mar 22, 2019
grin

He will be turringoninown.

1 Like

Re: What Will Happen To Ex CJN Onnoghen? by Milllz: 1:44pm On Mar 22, 2019
Lol he should go
Re: What Will Happen To Ex CJN Onnoghen? by sexiestharam(f): 1:44pm On Mar 22, 2019
Good question. I also wonder. It is so obvious the FG lied against him. Will he get his seat back since he was suspended unjustly? Will the suspension be lifted?

7 Likes

Re: What Will Happen To Ex CJN Onnoghen? by DMerciful(m): 1:45pm On Mar 22, 2019
I don't think the case was struck out, though may eventually be struck out however he still have NJC to face! If after everything he is cleared, I guess he will have to be reinstated!

3 Likes

Re: What Will Happen To Ex CJN Onnoghen? by thebossagain: 1:45pm On Mar 22, 2019
Lawyer over to you, una no dey there, make una explain oh unless mechanics go do una job.

1 Like

Re: What Will Happen To Ex CJN Onnoghen? by enshi(m): 1:45pm On Mar 22, 2019
My brother this is Nigeria ... Now one of these two things must will shall would happen..

1. Presidency calls him and Looby him with a behind the scene appointment..

2. Oblivion

1 Like

Re: What Will Happen To Ex CJN Onnoghen? by id911(m): 1:45pm On Mar 22, 2019
Illiteracy is a big disease I swear. Who even told you guys Onnoghen is an Ex-CJN? Chief Justice Walter Onnoghen is currently the substantive CJN.

The defective and vendetta case brought by the Federal Government has not been struck out and I wonder why this useless thread is on front page. The Federal Government will eventually fail as usual

If your intention is for him to resign, he won't and he will remain. You can't try to tarnish his image and expect him to resign like a coward

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Will Happen To Ex CJN Onnoghen? by naptu2: 1:45pm On Mar 22, 2019
Officialgarri:
https://www.nairaland.com/5091526/fg-closes-case-against-onnoghen#76863328

I refer to the link above and other verifiable news source.

Lawyers in the house, I would like to know the fate of Onoghen since the allegations made against him have be struck out .

Will Onoghen be returned to the sit of the CJN and Justice Ibrahim Mohammed will be demoted ?
Or will Onoghen be automatically retired by the FG?

If he would be returned as a CJN, will he have to be sworn in by President Buhari again?

Who struck out the allegations against him?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Will Happen To Ex CJN Onnoghen? by Chimaokigwe: 1:45pm On Mar 22, 2019
Onnoghen would be returned after Election petitions have been concluded.

1 Like

Re: What Will Happen To Ex CJN Onnoghen? by CHIGIM: 1:45pm On Mar 22, 2019
Just wait everything will play out itself

1 Like

Re: What Will Happen To Ex CJN Onnoghen? by KB007: 1:45pm On Mar 22, 2019
grin
Re: What Will Happen To Ex CJN Onnoghen? by islandmoon: 1:45pm On Mar 22, 2019
APC /Buhari removed Onnoghen to Established APC Kangaroo Court!

APC KANGAROO COURT

An unauthorized, bogus court.
What's the origin of the phrase 'Kangaroo court'?

Kangaroo courts are sham legal proceedings which are set-up in order to give the impression of a fair legal process. In fact, they offer no impartial justice as the verdict, invariably to the detriment of the accused, is decided in advance. Such courts are associated with groups who have found a need to dispense a rough and ready form of justice but are, temporarily at least, outside the bounds of formal judicial processes; for example, inmates in jail, soldiers at war, settlers of lands where no jurisdiction has yet been established.

The origin of 'kangaroo court' is unknown, although, given that kangaroos are native nowhere else, we might expect the term to have originated in Australia. As always, a lack of a definite origin encourages speculative claims, which may be an appropriate word in this context as one frequently repeated supposed derivation relates to 'claim jumping' in the California Gold Rush - hence the allusion to kangaroos. That's quite a plausible notion. Kangaroos and their claim to fame, so to speak, that is, jumping, were known in the USA by the early 1800s, so there's no reason to limit the derivation to Australia. Also, the earliest known citation of the term is American and appears in a collection of magazine articles by Philip Paxton (the pen name of Samuel Adams Hammett), which were published in 1853 under the title of A stray Yankee in Texas:

"By a unanimous vote, Judge G-- was elected to the bench and the 'Mestang' or 'Kangaroo Court' regularly organized."

The natural inclination to want to base the phrase in Australia has led to suggestions that the vacant stares of kangaroos when meeting humans for the first time were mimicked by jury members in court. There's no documentary evidence to support this, or any other Australian derivation, and it seems highly speculative.

The claim jumping derivation though has the feel of a 'trying to hard' explanation that is the stamp of folk etymology. The supposed wordplay of linking kangaroos and jumping is appealing but isn't really necessary to explain this phrase. Kangaroo courts courts were also called 'mustang courts' in the USA (see above). Allusions to the unsophisticated natures of wild animals are frequent in the metaphorical coinage of phrases that apply to things that are considered inferior or ersatz. We have dog Latin, dog's breakfast, horse-faced and many others. It seems probable that the reference to mustangs (half-wild horses) and kangaroos came about by that same route.
Re: What Will Happen To Ex CJN Onnoghen? by Nobody: 1:45pm On Mar 22, 2019
Everybody above me just de create space, lol..
Re: What Will Happen To Ex CJN Onnoghen? by chronique(m): 1:45pm On Mar 22, 2019
I don't think the charges were struck out.

1 Like

Re: What Will Happen To Ex CJN Onnoghen? by Excelento(m): 1:45pm On Mar 22, 2019
No lawyer in the house?
Re: What Will Happen To Ex CJN Onnoghen? by kirkwood: 1:45pm On Mar 22, 2019
He is not ex-CJN

2 Likes

Re: What Will Happen To Ex CJN Onnoghen? by LagBlogger(m): 1:45pm On Mar 22, 2019
T
Re: What Will Happen To Ex CJN Onnoghen? by DaniDani(m): 1:45pm On Mar 22, 2019
Me too I want to know how things will pan out.

The truth is that the issue surrounding his allegation and litigation have been used to achieve a purpose.

2 Likes

Re: What Will Happen To Ex CJN Onnoghen? by Nobody: 1:46pm On Mar 22, 2019
Suspended CJN not Ex CJN please.

1 Like

Re: What Will Happen To Ex CJN Onnoghen? by fatymore(f): 1:46pm On Mar 22, 2019
Why did they remove him without following due process. it is just so shameful.

I don't know why I am so obsessed with matching colors when going out...

my top or skirt must match with my hijab.
it is becoming something else.

1 Like

Re: What Will Happen To Ex CJN Onnoghen? by KosherCapital(m): 1:46pm On Mar 22, 2019
If you ask me na who i go ask kiss kiss
Re: What Will Happen To Ex CJN Onnoghen? by hisexcellency34: 1:46pm On Mar 22, 2019
He will be forgiven if he joins APC

1 Like

(1) (2) (3)

Urhobos:orogun Urhobos Turning To Ndokwa. / Rochas Okorocha Celebrates His 59th Birthday Today / PDP v PDP: Rivers EXCO disagrees with National leadership over appeal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.