Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,756 members, 7,955,877 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 05:38 PM

What Will Happen To Ex CJN Onnoghen? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Will Happen To Ex CJN Onnoghen? (12233 Views)

Atiku Reacts To CJN Onnoghen's Petition in CCB / See pictures of Petition FG Brought against CJN, Onnoghen / Breaking: FG Asks CJN Onnoghen To Vacate Office Over Asset Declaration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Go Down)

Re: What Will Happen To Ex CJN Onnoghen? by Chimaokigwe: 1:46pm On Mar 22, 2019
Officialgarri:
https://www.nairaland.com/5091526/fg-closes-case-against-onnoghen#76863328

I refer to the link above and other verifiable news source.

Lawyers in the house, I would like to know the fate of Onoghen since the allegations made against him have be struck out .

Will Onoghen be returned to the sit of the CJN and Justice Ibrahim Mohammed will be demoted ?
Or will Onoghen be automatically retired by the FG?

If he would be returned as a CJN, will he have to be sworn in by President Buhari again?

Prosecution closed their case, the matter wasn't struck out.

1 Like

Re: What Will Happen To Ex CJN Onnoghen? by solochris(m): 1:46pm On Mar 22, 2019
He is returning to spearhead the removal of Buhari
Re: What Will Happen To Ex CJN Onnoghen? by Nobody: 1:46pm On Mar 22, 2019
In the end buhari

Subverted the law again
Re: What Will Happen To Ex CJN Onnoghen? by Chukapage(m): 1:46pm On Mar 22, 2019
they have no proof against him, he might prolly be reinstated to his position, buhari wanted him out in order to rig comfortablly .but if onnoghen wins at the tribunal eh, he will do buhari strong something, considering buhari vs Atiku post election legal tussle.

1 Like

Re: What Will Happen To Ex CJN Onnoghen? by amdman: 1:46pm On Mar 22, 2019
If the allegations against him are struck out, he will return to his office as CJN as he was merely suspended and not removed.
Re: What Will Happen To Ex CJN Onnoghen? by naijapips04: 1:46pm On Mar 22, 2019
judgment has not been given yet.
Re: What Will Happen To Ex CJN Onnoghen? by Ibrahim9090: 1:46pm On Mar 22, 2019
Observation mode
Re: What Will Happen To Ex CJN Onnoghen? by funken: 1:47pm On Mar 22, 2019
Allegations have not been struck out by the courts..The prosecution just closed their case against him and the defense entered a no-case submission. The judge is yet to rule on the case. Please be guided.....

Officialgarri:

Lawyers in the house, I would like to know the fate of Onoghen since the allegations made against him have be struck out .

Will Onoghen be returned to the sit of the CJN and Justice Ibrahim Mohammed will be demoted ?

If he would be returned as a CJN, will he have to be sworn in by President Buhari again?

1 Like

Re: What Will Happen To Ex CJN Onnoghen? by elchariotlp: 1:47pm On Mar 22, 2019
Hi
Re: What Will Happen To Ex CJN Onnoghen? by Agbaletu: 1:47pm On Mar 22, 2019
Officialgarri:

Please can you support the emboldened with any link?
Re: What Will Happen To Ex CJN Onnoghen? by Geonigga(m): 1:47pm On Mar 22, 2019
Please get your facts well, the case is still ongoing it the CCT, the prosecution barely closedit case yesterday and the case was adjourned for defense.
Re: What Will Happen To Ex CJN Onnoghen? by agabaI23(m): 1:47pm On Mar 22, 2019
Tanko said the other day that the Onnoghen is the CJN.

Tanko is acting. You do not swear in Buhari any time he returns from UK because mere commissioner was the acting president.

Im not a lawyer though.
Re: What Will Happen To Ex CJN Onnoghen? by Olukat(m): 1:48pm On Mar 22, 2019
You want this platform to collapse today shocked shocked
Nigerian legal system is in comatose and confused state shocked shocked shocked
Re: What Will Happen To Ex CJN Onnoghen? by Excelento(m): 1:48pm On Mar 22, 2019
Better still lets wait for Mr. Presidooooooooo
Re: What Will Happen To Ex CJN Onnoghen? by symbianDON(m): 1:49pm On Mar 22, 2019
he should sue the federal government and make claims to the tune of billions he was alleged to have had.
Re: What Will Happen To Ex CJN Onnoghen? by Nobody: 1:49pm On Mar 22, 2019
fatymore:
Why did they remove him without following due process. it is just so shameful.

I don't know why I am so obsessed with matching colors when going out...

my top or skirt must match with my hijab.

it is becoming something else.

You're likely going to repeat one hijab 3 times a week
Re: What Will Happen To Ex CJN Onnoghen? by valentineuwakwe(m): 1:49pm On Mar 22, 2019
Nothing..the FG game plan has work..they just want to remove him and get him out of the way...he will just proceed on retirement and settle with secret fat pay from the government..dats all
Re: What Will Happen To Ex CJN Onnoghen? by tunde233(m): 1:50pm On Mar 22, 2019
over to the lawyers...
Re: What Will Happen To Ex CJN Onnoghen? by makeitijn: 1:50pm On Mar 22, 2019
A lot of issues with the topic of thisbpost?
It's just a questionnaire sponsored by a section of the presidential media handlers , to test the waters and give them a feel of possible reactions as they prepare the next phase of their unslaught on the judiciary.

AND BY THE WAY ONNOGHEN IS NOT AN EX CJN, FOR CHRIST SAkE IS THE CURRENT CJN.
lalasticlala better take note of this grave blunder on this post.
Re: What Will Happen To Ex CJN Onnoghen? by Oldsilver: 1:51pm On Mar 22, 2019
SilasNwude:
grin

NJC should do the needful and suspend tanko
And if they do not?
Re: What Will Happen To Ex CJN Onnoghen? by Injiggerwolf(m): 1:52pm On Mar 22, 2019
Gtg
Re: What Will Happen To Ex CJN Onnoghen? by mfm04622: 1:54pm On Mar 22, 2019
Officialgarri:

Who told you the case was strucked out?

Closing a case mean the prosecution have finished their case and the defence can start their own! So the case is still on
Re: What Will Happen To Ex CJN Onnoghen? by princeFAD: 1:54pm On Mar 22, 2019
There is no where in the link that says that the case has been stuck out. I assume you have different interpretation for the word ' to close a case'. What the means is that they would not produce further witness. That the tribunal can go ahead and make a judgement.
The case is still ongoing. Umar has fixed March 29 as day counsels would adopt their addresses.

But lets assume the judgement is in favour of the suspended CJN, he will does not require any swearing in ceremony to re-assume his position as CJN
Re: What Will Happen To Ex CJN Onnoghen? by Gandollar(f): 1:55pm On Mar 22, 2019
Officialgarri:

Who you dey ask? Who told your block head the case was struck out. Like buhari like followers! Lifeless entities!

Las Las he will win the case and buhari will pay for his sins
Re: What Will Happen To Ex CJN Onnoghen? by tomju(m): 1:55pm On Mar 22, 2019
@officialgarri you have misunderstood the whole situation in court! The case against ONNOGEN still subsist in court! The prosecution(FG) closed it case against him, next step is the defense(ONNOGEN) to open her case. "her" there refers to the defense team. The court had adjourned sitting to March 29th or so for continuation of trial. We are not yet at the end of the case. I heard the defense team are planning to submit "a no case submission"-meaning that they claim that the prosecution did not prove her case, so nothing to defend as it were. Now the Judge will rule on that no case submission later on, after both parties had addressed the court. If the no case submission succeeds in whole, then Onnogen wins, if any part fails, he will have to open his defense! on the failed part or the particular issue the prosecution raised. Until then its not yet uhuru for anyone. I hope this reply helps. I am not a lawyer, i just know this via experience.

1 Like

Re: What Will Happen To Ex CJN Onnoghen? by mabea: 1:55pm On Mar 22, 2019
fatymore:
Why did they remove him without following due process. it is just so shameful.

I don't know why I am so obsessed with matching colors when going out...

my top or skirt must match with my hijab.

it is becoming something else.
Who asked u?
Re: What Will Happen To Ex CJN Onnoghen? by lexy2014: 1:56pm On Mar 22, 2019
Bar1941:
Nigerian Judiciary is the foundation of Nigerian problems, you can't have a sane country under an insane judiciary system.

For Onoghen, he should just retire himself and enjoy the money he has acquired. Water and Fire can't live in thesame room so in my opinion, he and Bubu can't work together.

If d judiciary is d foundation of Nigeria's problem, what do we call d executive?
Re: What Will Happen To Ex CJN Onnoghen? by don4real18(m): 1:56pm On Mar 22, 2019
It's obvious that he has negotiated for a soft landing. He wouldn't file any suit
Re: What Will Happen To Ex CJN Onnoghen? by mfm04622: 1:56pm On Mar 22, 2019
silasely:
stupid question don't deserve answer....ewu u have eyes but chose to ask blind question...olodo

You insulted someone who is better than you in all ramifications!

He asked a question, you should have answered!
The case was NOT struck out! The case is still on! You should go and find out the meaning of "closing a case"!
Re: What Will Happen To Ex CJN Onnoghen? by Nobody: 1:56pm On Mar 22, 2019
The case against Onnoghen was not struck out. Non-lawyers simply do not understand what it means to "close a case" and that is the major problem. Closing a case means that the government has finished tendering all the evidence and all the witnesses it brought to court have finished testifying against Onnoghen. Closing a case does not mean that the case has been withdrawn or terminated by the Government.

In criminal trials the prosecution, which is usually the government will "open" its case by calling its witnesses and tendering all exhibits it has as evidence before the court. The prosecution's witnesses will be cross-examined by the defence counsel who may also object to the admissibility of certain documents sought to be tendered. At the conclusion of all these, the prosecution will "close" its case and the defence will "open" its case.

The defence upon opening his case will call his own witnesses and tender documents in support of his case. The prosecution counsel will also be allowed to cross-examine the witnesses brought to court by the defence as well as object to documents sought to be tendered by the defence. After all the above is done, the defence will "close" its own case.

1 Like

Re: What Will Happen To Ex CJN Onnoghen? by fatymore(f): 1:57pm On Mar 22, 2019
mabea:
Who asked u?
come and buy bedsheets... I have beautiful and nice cotton ones

(1) (2) (3)

Okorocha Receives 3 Licenses From NUC For New Universities Established / Certificate Forgery: APC Opens Case Against Obaseki / Rochas Okorocha Celebrates His 59th Birthday Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.