Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,561 members, 7,820,031 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:40 AM

Supplementary Election Is Not Recognized By Law---osun Election Tribunal - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Supplementary Election Is Not Recognized By Law---osun Election Tribunal (4263 Views)

Bauchi Supplementary Election: 22,641 Persons Expected To Vote / Abdullahi Abbas: Kano Supplementary Election Is “Do Or Die” – APC Chairman / Date For Osun Supplementary Election: INEC Sets September 27 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Supplementary Election Is Not Recognized By Law---osun Election Tribunal by MadeInTokyo: 4:07pm On Mar 22, 2019
Supplementary election is not recognized by law---Osun election Tribunal

All those supplementary election holding on Saturday in KANO, SOKOTO, BAUCHI, BENUE, ADAMAWA are exercise in futility, they will be declared null, void and illegal.

PDP has won those states in the eyes of the law .

INEC is just engaging in mere electoral exercise and waste of tax payers money

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supplementary Election Is Not Recognized By Law---osun Election Tribunal by MadeInTokyo: 4:08pm On Mar 22, 2019
INEC is a disgrace to Democracy

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Supplementary Election Is Not Recognized By Law---osun Election Tribunal by JoanHicks(f): 4:11pm On Mar 22, 2019
Why do I have this feelings that judiciary will punish APC for looking down on them

10 Likes

Re: Supplementary Election Is Not Recognized By Law---osun Election Tribunal by tuniski: 4:14pm On Mar 22, 2019
MadeInTokyo:

All those supplementary election holding on Saturday in KANO, SOKOTO, BAUCHI, BENUE, ADAMAWA are exercise in futility, they will be declared null, void and illegal.

That is exactly what Tambuwal is challenging in court. The concept of inconclusive and supplementary elections are criminal.

16 Likes

Re: Supplementary Election Is Not Recognized By Law---osun Election Tribunal by Naijaguy12345(m): 4:16pm On Mar 22, 2019
MadeInTokyo:

Go sit down . If it was PDP about to loose it's recognise by the law.

2 Likes

Re: Supplementary Election Is Not Recognized By Law---osun Election Tribunal by 9jabull: 4:17pm On Mar 22, 2019
If supplementary election is illegal, why wasting tax payers money tomorrow in the name of supplementary election.
They should go ahead & declare PDP winner of those states.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supplementary Election Is Not Recognized By Law---osun Election Tribunal by 9jabull: 4:18pm On Mar 22, 2019
If supplementary election is illegal, why wasting tax payers money tomorrow in the name of supplementary election.
They should go ahead & declare PDP winner in those states.
Re: Supplementary Election Is Not Recognized By Law---osun Election Tribunal by Episteme2(m): 4:19pm On Mar 22, 2019
MadeInTokyo:
INEC is a disgrace to Democracy
More notably, the one headed by Prof. Yakubu Mahmood. He has conducted numerous inconclusive (remotely controlled) elections in the history of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Supplementary Election Is Not Recognized By Law---osun Election Tribunal by Nobody: 4:20pm On Mar 22, 2019
ChaI APC didn't see this coming

3 Likes

Re: Supplementary Election Is Not Recognized By Law---osun Election Tribunal by MadeInTokyo: 4:21pm On Mar 22, 2019
tuniski:

That is exactly what Tambuwal is challenging in court. The concept of inconclusive and supplementary elections are criminal.
All supplementary elections tommorrow will all be declared illegal, null and void--Quote me
It is no recognized in the eyes of the law.
APC and INEC played themselves by deliberating influencing cancelling of votes to force supplementary elections
Tambuwal and others in Kano, Bauchi, Adamawa, Benue and Plateau whether PDP or APC who won at the first ballot, will be delcared Governors elect, it is only a matter of time.

9 Likes

Re: Supplementary Election Is Not Recognized By Law---osun Election Tribunal by deomelo: 4:30pm On Mar 22, 2019
This is obviously a Kabukabu tribunal..

The jokers obviously have their own version of the Nigerian constitution and INEC/electoral act.

. grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Supplementary Election Is Not Recognized By Law---osun Election Tribunal by tuniski: 4:31pm On Mar 22, 2019
MadeInTokyo:

All supplementary elections tommorrow will all be declared illegal, null and void--Quote me
It is no recognized in the eyes of the law.
APC and INEC played themselves.
Tambuwal and others in Kano, Bauchi, Adamawa, Benue and Plateau whether PDP or APC who won at the first ballot, will be delcared Governors elect, it is only a matter of time.

Very true.

1 Like

Re: Supplementary Election Is Not Recognized By Law---osun Election Tribunal by mandarin: 4:31pm On Mar 22, 2019
This case will be appealed and end up in the supreme court. I'm not sure the tribunal's position is not conflicting with parts of the electoral law that empowers INEC to exercise its authority but since am not a lawyer, I will like to see how this case ends. I wish whosoever win the best of luck.

1 Like

Re: Supplementary Election Is Not Recognized By Law---osun Election Tribunal by deomelo: 4:34pm On Mar 22, 2019
mandarin:
This case will be appealed and end up in the supreme court. I'm not sure the tribunal's position is not conflicting with parts of the electoral law that empowers INEC to exercise its authority but since am not a lawyer, I will like to see how this case ends. I wish whosoever win the best of luck.

Supplementary election is part of the electoral law and the same act that created INEC via the Nigerian constitution. The tribunal obviously did not read the act or they are just ignorant, clueless or just rendered bought and paid for verdict.

1 Like

Re: Supplementary Election Is Not Recognized By Law---osun Election Tribunal by tuniski: 4:34pm On Mar 22, 2019
deomelo:
This is obviously a Kabukabu tribunal..

The jokers obviously have their own version of the Nigerian constitution and INEC/electoral act.

. grin grin

This is an abuse Of the Constitution. I mean your position.

3 Likes

Re: Supplementary Election Is Not Recognized By Law---osun Election Tribunal by tuniski: 4:36pm On Mar 22, 2019
deomelo:

Supplementary election is part of the electoral law and the same act that created INEC via the Nigerian constitution. The tribunal obviously did not read the act or they are just ignorant, clueless or just rendered bought and paid for verdict.

The constitutional requirement is simple majority and 25% of 2/3 that overrides any electoral act inconsistency!

3 Likes

Re: Supplementary Election Is Not Recognized By Law---osun Election Tribunal by deomelo: 4:36pm On Mar 22, 2019
tuniski:

This is an abuse Of the Constitution.

This is why Nigeria must thoroughly sanitize and revamp the Judiciary, they are they weakest arm of government.
Re: Supplementary Election Is Not Recognized By Law---osun Election Tribunal by tuniski: 4:38pm On Mar 22, 2019
mandarin:
The constitution is superior to the electoral act.

4 Likes

Re: Supplementary Election Is Not Recognized By Law---osun Election Tribunal by deomelo: 4:39pm On Mar 22, 2019
tuniski:

The constitutional requirement is simple majority and 25% of 2/3 that overrides any electoral act inconsistency!

Nothing to do with the electoral act in favor of supplementary elections.

The constitutional criteria for supplementary election is not ambiguous and what I posed says nothing about %

2 Likes

Re: Supplementary Election Is Not Recognized By Law---osun Election Tribunal by tuniski: 4:40pm On Mar 22, 2019
deomelo:

This is why Nigeria must thoroughly sanitize and revamp the Judiciary, they are they weakest arm of government.
I am actually in disagreement with you.

5 Likes

Re: Supplementary Election Is Not Recognized By Law---osun Election Tribunal by deomelo: 4:42pm On Mar 22, 2019
tuniski:

The constitution is superior to the electoral act.

Electoral act is part of the Nigerian constitution.

Instead of arguing, show us the part of the Nigerian constitution that says supplementary elections are illegal

3 Likes

Re: Supplementary Election Is Not Recognized By Law---osun Election Tribunal by deomelo: 4:46pm On Mar 22, 2019
tuniski:

I am actually in disagreement with you.

Not agreeing is your right and opinion, but opinions are not facts.

Show documented and constitutional facts that says supplementary elections are illegal and INEC is illegal and not part of the Nigerian constitution that created INEC in the first place.

The constitution delegated election matters to INEC and INEC only, not to any tribunal or other kinds of interpretations.

2 Likes

Re: Supplementary Election Is Not Recognized By Law---osun Election Tribunal by Konki: 5:00pm On Mar 22, 2019
deomelo:

I obstinately disagree with you.

3 Likes

Re: Supplementary Election Is Not Recognized By Law---osun Election Tribunal by Tittos: 5:21pm On Mar 22, 2019
deomelo:

Not agreeing is your right and opinion, but opinions are not facts.

Show documented and constitutional facts that says supplementary elections are illegal and INEC is illegal and not part of the Nigerian constitution that created INEC in the first place.

The constitution delegated election matters to INEC and INEC only, not to any tribunal or other kinds of interpretations.

First of all, you are the one that has actually failed to show documented and constitutional facts that states supplementary elections. I would like you to quote the part of the constitution that empowers Inec to conduct supplementary elections.

Yes, the constitution delegated election matters to Inec but INEC must operate according to the stipulations of the constitution and the election Tribunals and court are they to interpret the constitution and the laws concerning election matters. Your statement "not to any tribunal or other forms of interpretation" is wrong. Otherwise you are then telling me that the Ajimobi, Amosun and even Aregbesola should not have been governors and their tenured were all illegal.

4 Likes

Re: Supplementary Election Is Not Recognized By Law---osun Election Tribunal by rexwalters: 5:48pm On Mar 22, 2019
tuniski:

He will lose,If I am ahead by 3 thousand votes and 14 thousand votes were inconclusive (adjective not leading to a firm conclusion or result;not ending doubt or dispute)and needs to be rescheduled,do I the umpire INEC declare you the winner?
Re: Supplementary Election Is Not Recognized By Law---osun Election Tribunal by rexwalters: 5:53pm On Mar 22, 2019
Tittos:

First of all, you are the one that has actually failed to show documented and constitutional facts that states supplementary elections. I would like you to quote the part of the constitution that empowers Inec to conduct supplementary elections.

Yes, the constitution delegated election matters to Inec but INEC must operate according to the stipulations of the constitution and the election Tribunals and court are they to interpret the constitution and the laws concerning election matters. Your statement "not to any tribunal or other forms of interpretation" is wrong. Otherwise you are then telling me that the Ajimobi, Amosun and even Aregbesola should not have been governors and their tenured were all illegal.
"INTERPRETATION" If I am ahead by 3 thousand votes and 14 thousand votes were inconclusive (adjective not leading to a firm conclusion or result;not ending doubt or dispute)and needs to be rescheduled,do I the umpire INEC declare you the winner?or do I need the constitution to apply common sense.
Re: Supplementary Election Is Not Recognized By Law---osun Election Tribunal by tempest01(m): 5:55pm On Mar 22, 2019
This is wrong notion.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Supplementary Election Is Not Recognized By Law---osun Election Tribunal by NaijaRoyalty(m): 5:56pm On Mar 22, 2019
APC be relying on supplementary election to steal people's PDP mandate

Useless thieves .

Kano in the bag for PDP.
Re: Supplementary Election Is Not Recognized By Law---osun Election Tribunal by rexwalters: 5:59pm On Mar 22, 2019
tuniski:

What if you do not have the 25% of 2/3 that overrides the Electoral Act?Will INEC not use common sense and call for a supplementary election?
Re: Supplementary Election Is Not Recognized By Law---osun Election Tribunal by rexwalters: 6:03pm On Mar 22, 2019
NaijaRoyalty:
APC be relying on supplementary election to steal people's PDP mandate

Useless thieves .

Kano in the bag for PDP.
No ignorant EWU,in the past Pdp will have just allocated the votes to themselves without any recourse,study and observe you are seeing democrazy in action,even the Judges to are in lecture.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Supplementary Election Is Not Recognized By Law---osun Election Tribunal by rexwalters: 6:10pm On Mar 22, 2019
tempest01:
This is wrong notion.
I agree,if that is what pdp is hinging their victory on,then in reality the case in court should be exclusively between pdp and inec,pdp challenging inec"s powers when it comes to election matters,with this precedence which i know won't stand,a court can annul an election because inec changed the original date of the scheduled election.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Never Let Peter Obi Be President / US President Elect: Joe Biden Dragged On Twitter / Sanwo-Olu Empowers 1,786 Farmers With ₦3.6 Billion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.