Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,929 members, 7,824,904 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 08:39 PM

Tribunal Chairman Disagrees To Judgement Declaring Adeleke Winner Of Osun Guber - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tribunal Chairman Disagrees To Judgement Declaring Adeleke Winner Of Osun Guber (59756 Views)

Judgement, Will Of Allah: Ganduje, Gawana React To Judgement Sacking Kabir Yusuf / Bayelsa Tribunal Chairman Affirms Governor Diri’s Election, Disagrees / Tribunal Declares Ademola Adeleke Winner Of 2018 Osun Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tribunal Chairman Disagrees To Judgement Declaring Adeleke Winner Of Osun Guber by cyrilamx(m): 9:52pm On Mar 22, 2019
RTSC:
Why would you want Northern justices upturning it? Is oyetola a northern stooge?
I don't care anyway.
Are u a Northern stooge by clamouring for Atiku?

1 Like

Re: Tribunal Chairman Disagrees To Judgement Declaring Adeleke Winner Of Osun Guber by cyrilamx(m): 9:52pm On Mar 22, 2019
RTSC:
Why would you want Northern justices upturning it? Is oyetola a northern stooge?
I don't care anyway.

1 Like

RTSC:
I don't care anyway.

1 Like

Re: Tribunal Chairman Disagrees To Judgement Declaring Adeleke Winner Of Osun Guber by Nellybii: 9:59pm On Mar 22, 2019
Excelboi:
Op, to make your article clear to those that are confused and to those who wish to learn, where a judgment is been delivered and there are 3 judges like in this Osun case, where two judges are of the same view and one is against it, the majority carries the vote so the chairman view doesn't change anything.
Even if it's at the Supreme Court, and the Chief Justice is dissenting and two others are agreeing, those agreeing carries the day.

That's why some uninformed people are thinking that for the so called Acting CJN Buhari sworn in illegally will help Buhari during judgment, if other judges dissent from declaring Buhari winner and the So called Acting CJN upheld the judgment during Atiku vs Buhari appeal, nothing the Acting CJN can do, majority carries the day. Mind you I'm neither pro APC or Pro PDP in national level.
I'm just a lawyer talking from the angle of law!

Only idiots will not know from your tonality where you belong. Your write-up has PDP logo watermarked on it. All you PDP sympathisers. Why are you always quick to dissociate yourselves from PDP. You are too ashamed to be associated with them.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tribunal Chairman Disagrees To Judgement Declaring Adeleke Winner Of Osun Guber by bluebay(m): 10:09pm On Mar 22, 2019
Excelboi:
Op, to make your article clear to those that are confused and to those who wish to learn, where a judgment is been delivered and there are 3 judges like in this Osun case, where two judges are of the same view and one is against it, the majority carries the vote so the chairman view doesn't change anything.

Even if it's at the Supreme Court, and the Chief Justice is dissenting and two others are agreeing, those agreeing carries the day.

That's why some uninformed people are thinking that for the so called Acting CJN Buhari sworn in illegally will help Buhari during judgment, if other judges dissent from declaring Buhari winner and the So called Acting CJN upheld the judgment during Atiku vs Buhari appeal, nothing the Acting CJN can do, majority carries the day. Mind you I'm neither pro APC or Pro PDP in national level.
Sir what do you drink please? What ever is your brand, I owe you 4 bottles ..
Re: Tribunal Chairman Disagrees To Judgement Declaring Adeleke Winner Of Osun Guber by garfield1: 10:13pm On Mar 22, 2019
The higher courts will upturn this funny judgment.the minority judgment is more firm and rooted

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tribunal Chairman Disagrees To Judgement Declaring Adeleke Winner Of Osun Guber by Indispensable85(m): 10:22pm On Mar 22, 2019
This matter still long for ground ooo. I'm seeing some sense in this dissenting judgement o ooo. The issue now is that,does the law support deductions of votes in the case of cancellation or there is supposed to be a rerun? I think the normal practice is cancellations and rerun,not cancellations and deduction of votes. Let's just allow the law run it's full course,we'll learn new things from this case in the end,after the supreme court verdict.
Good luck to Adeleke though!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tribunal Chairman Disagrees To Judgement Declaring Adeleke Winner Of Osun Guber by blazer2018: 10:25pm On Mar 22, 2019
Excelboi:

Well, the argument of the "uninformed people" is simple...What if the assigned Judges to a particular case are already compromised even before sitting? So instead of assigning neutral Judges to the case, he simply could just appoint Pro-Buhari Judges; that's the end of the case.
Re: Tribunal Chairman Disagrees To Judgement Declaring Adeleke Winner Of Osun Guber by engineerboat(m): 10:27pm On Mar 22, 2019
kahal29:
Ghen Ghen

What is ghen ghen

No be only ghen ghen

N.a. generator
Re: Tribunal Chairman Disagrees To Judgement Declaring Adeleke Winner Of Osun Guber by ofwest47(m): 10:36pm On Mar 22, 2019
IPOB and Omo Mesujamba judgment at what cost in dollar bill ?
Re: Tribunal Chairman Disagrees To Judgement Declaring Adeleke Winner Of Osun Guber by SLAP44: 10:43pm On Mar 22, 2019
Sirjamo:
I will comment when the supreme court deliver it judgment. Oyetola remains my governor for now!
grin

Re: Tribunal Chairman Disagrees To Judgement Declaring Adeleke Winner Of Osun Guber by Johnnyessence(m): 11:55pm On Mar 22, 2019
MY TAKE ON OYETOLA DECISION TO APPROACH THE APPEAL COURT
I have this to say, we need to get things right, does anybody know the procedure of Appeal Court.
With my own little knowledge on the field legal, i believe Appeal is to cross the proceeding of the lower court, and fix out the wrong process done by the Tribunal.
Now, Oyetola and APC should remember that the INEC been the 1st defendant in the petition failed to defend the petition against them and they failed to file a no case submission as well, and while the 2nd and 3rd defendant (APC and Oyetola) also gave evidence contradiction in their defence and their evidence is not that tally with the evidence been presented by the petitioner.
During the proceeding of the tribunal, i make it known to my people that the outcome of the tribunal will be of two things, and in which the tribunal even make use of the two. I said it that, is either the tribunal illegalize the rerun and make use of the real election or ask the INEC to return the deducted votes of Adeleke/PDP, and at the end today, Tribunal said the rerun is illegal and ask INEC to return the votes.
Now, that APC/OYETOLA are step to challenge the Tribunal at the Appeal Court, they ask them it will be on what stand, claim or instant.
Let me ask again, what has been the INEC reaction/respond to the judgement given today, Don't be surprise if INEC fail to join the suit in Appeal Court.
I want to say this again, on what will the Appeal cross check the Tribunal proceeding.
It will be only result to suit after death.
In respond to the news going on now after the delivery of the judgement by the APC supporters that Wike loss in Tribunal, Appeal but receive his mandate in Supreme , i have this to say, let it be clear that Wike claims are different from Adeleke claims, the case are not of the same, and also does INEC failed to make case during Wike case like that of Adeleke.
I wish i post the full judgement of the then River State Election Tribunal so as for you to see the differences.
But you can do as well, check on google, by searching: *Judgement on River State Election Tribunal.*
Don't deceive people with that kind of hope.
Adeleke is here to dance to the seat.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tribunal Chairman Disagrees To Judgement Declaring Adeleke Winner Of Osun Guber by Nobody: 12:39am On Mar 23, 2019
Excelboi:

you don put smile for my face. we really need people like you enlighten us . Thanks
Re: Tribunal Chairman Disagrees To Judgement Declaring Adeleke Winner Of Osun Guber by adaweezy(m): 1:52am On Mar 23, 2019
jomoh:
Meaning from this mans explanation, the other judges only declared Adeleke the winner because the supplementary votes casted didn’t follow the proper electoral law.

In other words, the tribunal has[b] nullify the rescheduled election[/b] and the whole election is still inconclusive because the gap between the leader(Adeleke) and the runner up(Oyetola) is still less than the cancelled votes.

Adeleke should not rejoice at all. His victory is on a thin ice and even an untrained lawyer can overturn then tribunal judgement.

The Tribunal did not say the rescheduled election was faulty but rather it should not have not been held in the first place because INEC did not have the power to cancel the results of polling units in the instant case for rescheduled elections to hold
Re: Tribunal Chairman Disagrees To Judgement Declaring Adeleke Winner Of Osun Guber by agabusta: 2:11am On Mar 23, 2019
Toseenlove:

Lol I'm telling u. I don't support all these politicians though but when I saw PDP fans Jubilating on the Verdict. I was just here laughing lol. They should just forget about any mandate. That's how the Case will be dragged for good Four Years while the former will be sitting Intact on the throne. Very funny nation.

A duration limit has now been placed on election tribunal cases. 180 days for the tribunal and 60 days for the appeal.

1 Like

Re: Tribunal Chairman Disagrees To Judgement Declaring Adeleke Winner Of Osun Guber by agabusta: 2:18am On Mar 23, 2019
Jgovt:
It's Clear, and this has always been the case.. When Oshiomole was declared winner in the Court then it was only 2 Justices that supported his case so also for Adeleke..Oyetola will be out latest Wednesday next week and will Appeal as an Ex-Governor.....Atiku victory on the Road.. Onnoghen Reinstatement soonest..

Oyetola will still sit tight as governor until the Supreme Court rules on the case, if the appeal goes all the way up.

1 Like

Re: Tribunal Chairman Disagrees To Judgement Declaring Adeleke Winner Of Osun Guber by Festobini: 2:26am On Mar 23, 2019
Abeg Oga Chairman, make you just waka pass. Minority have only say... majority have the way... See you next time
Re: Tribunal Chairman Disagrees To Judgement Declaring Adeleke Winner Of Osun Guber by hush15: 3:27am On Mar 23, 2019
Excelboi:

Another twist why i think the other two judges declared him outrightly instead of the rerun is because doing a rerun will still favour the incumbent of the day. by that i mean, since there is oyetola was been sworn in, it will be an unfair advantage against the rightful winner in the first instance. If it was still the former government that was still in effect pending judgement, am guessing there would have been a rerun.

1 Like

Re: Tribunal Chairman Disagrees To Judgement Declaring Adeleke Winner Of Osun Guber by GenSam(m): 6:43am On Mar 23, 2019
Excelboi:

Not true and stop misleading people. At the Supreme court, the CJN verdict on any issue is final, nothing like majority carries the day. It takes only God to undo the judgement.
Re: Tribunal Chairman Disagrees To Judgement Declaring Adeleke Winner Of Osun Guber by cooljoe(m): 7:53am On Mar 23, 2019
Excelboi:

but who picks the panel of justices that will seat? The acting cjn innit
Re: Tribunal Chairman Disagrees To Judgement Declaring Adeleke Winner Of Osun Guber by Excelboi(m): 8:05am On Mar 23, 2019
GenSam:

Not true and stop misleading people. At the Supreme court, the CJN verdict on any issue is final, nothing like majority carries the day. It takes only God to undo the judgement.
Support your statement with law, let me do same. sad
Re: Tribunal Chairman Disagrees To Judgement Declaring Adeleke Winner Of Osun Guber by fuke(m): 8:14am On Mar 23, 2019
THE OTHER 2 JUDGES ARE pdp.
IGBO and OYO
Re: Tribunal Chairman Disagrees To Judgement Declaring Adeleke Winner Of Osun Guber by tinsel: 8:50am On Mar 23, 2019
Jgovt:
It's Clear, and this has always been the case.. When Oshiomole was declared winner in the Court then it was only 2 Justices that supported his case so also for Adeleke..Oyetola will be out latest Wednesday next week and will Appeal as an Ex-Governor.....Atiku victory on the Road.. Onnoghen Reinstatement soonest..
Go to school
Re: Tribunal Chairman Disagrees To Judgement Declaring Adeleke Winner Of Osun Guber by marv1: 9:23am On Mar 23, 2019
OCEANMORGAN:
undecided

I am not understanding.
Is it the law that is confused or the people passing the law??
confusion everywhere.
that is what lawyers and judges do .
To confuse everybody. This will lead to more confusion ahead.
Re: Tribunal Chairman Disagrees To Judgement Declaring Adeleke Winner Of Osun Guber by Segun87(m): 10:22am On Mar 23, 2019
OCEANMORGAN:
undecided

I am not understanding.
Is it the law that is confused or the people passing the law??
confusion everywhere.

Both of them ni jareeeeeeee my brother....

they always failed to give us a simple statement for common Nigerian like us will understand straight....

o gaaaaaaa ooooooo

d main verdit of the election tribunal now is Wat?
Re: Tribunal Chairman Disagrees To Judgement Declaring Adeleke Winner Of Osun Guber by saucelake231(m): 11:16am On Mar 23, 2019
Excelboi:

na so brother

1 Like

Re: Tribunal Chairman Disagrees To Judgement Declaring Adeleke Winner Of Osun Guber by saucelake231(m): 11:24am On Mar 23, 2019
both APC and PDP..... all the same .....thief's and men with no ambition and vision.....they are all for the money... if PDP should be the one in APC shoes...the same thing will still happen.....I will have love the military too rule us once again...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

4 Reasons Why Buhari Might Not Deliver / "Because I' A Soldier, Born To Die" - Emotional Pic Shared By A Nigerian Soldier / Meet The Youngest Minister Nigeria Has Ever Had [see Photo]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.