Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,541 members, 7,819,926 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:54 AM

Online Businesses In Nigeria - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Online Businesses In Nigeria (3353 Views)

The Reasons Why Most Online Businesses Fail In Nigeria / The 10 Leading Family Businesses In Africa / List Of Genuine Online Businesses You Can Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Online Businesses In Nigeria by rasque(m): 12:58pm On Jan 14, 2006
Hey! Aside from Web Design and Hosting; what other online businesses can one be involved in from Nigeria?
Re: Online Businesses In Nigeria by layi(m): 4:02pm On Jan 14, 2006
Solve the payment gateway problem. Easy payment for goods and service via web.
Re: Online Businesses In Nigeria by yummy(m): 4:05pm On Jan 14, 2006
Join affiliates / associates and get google ads on your site. you can make online auctioning as well but that's going to involve shippin and might not be easy.
Re: Online Businesses In Nigeria by pie1ect(m): 5:42pm On Jan 14, 2006
Yeah, affiliates/associates programs is a great way to go. Also you could write your own e-books and sell (no shipping involved), or buy stuff with resell rights and sell them for 100% profit.
Actually, there are loads of things you can do on the net, the potential is limitless. You don't have to go the way others are going.
Re: Online Businesses In Nigeria by rasque(m): 8:37pm On Jan 14, 2006
Thanks for the replies...

However, take into considerations that we are talking about Naija here and also it would be appreciated if you actually break down these investment ideas for better understanding i.e actually how to go about the ideas.....

So far I think the payment gateway is the most feasible here in Nigeria.
Re: Online Businesses In Nigeria by Seun(m): 9:40pm On Jan 14, 2006
There's online publishing supported by advertising: you start a popular website and then you put ads. With an enormous amount of traffic, you'll make money. That's probably about all you can do now since Nigerians can't yet buy or sell online.
Re: Online Businesses In Nigeria by yummy(m): 9:44pm On Jan 14, 2006
rasque:

Thanks for the replies...

However, take into considerations that we are talking about Naija here and also it would be appreciated if you actually break down these investment ideas for better understanding i.e actually how to go about the ideas.....

So far I think the payment gateway is the most feasible here in Nigeria.
let me give you one secrete, most people giving you information would not break it down, they are just giving you clue and tips, you're the one that need to make online research about the tips they give you.

You can start a forum as well and advertise on it, good business innt?
Re: Online Businesses In Nigeria by rasque(m): 3:52am On Jan 16, 2006
Re: Online Businesses In Nigeria by pie1ect(m): 6:46am On Jan 16, 2006
yummy:

let me give you one secrete, most people giving you information would not break it down, they are just giving you clue and tips, you're the one that need to make online research about the tips they give you.
Spot on! You need to do your own bit of research on all the clues you recieve or the ones you think you can work on.
yummy:

You can start a forum as well and advertise on it, good business innt?
You can get a free forum at www.invisionfree.com if you don't like the idea of paying for one. Free things do come with a price though.
Re: Online Businesses In Nigeria by Seun(m): 12:08am On Jan 17, 2006
Re: Online Businesses In Nigeria by pendelite(f): 4:06pm On Feb 02, 2006
The problem is not the business to start but getting other Nigerians to patronize and supporting the business. I came upon this post as I was about to post my own question. How can every year all the Nigerian domains I see on line disappear? I think it is because we don't support them. We all want to shop at ebay, amazon, use paypal and egold yet, we can start our own local auctions to sell locally, there are excellent opportunities to sell just about everything; and who said there is no online payment? There is neticash and naira2u.com. So let's stop making excuses, just last year Naira2u offered to help anyone with an e-commerce idea put the idea on the web, free of charge. Did anyone take it on? Naira2u sent further emails to people begging them to participate to give e-commerce a chance. In the end maybe there were 20 proposals, a big shame for a country of over 140 million.
Re: Online Businesses In Nigeria by LoverBwoy(m): 10:54am On Feb 03, 2006
well its all about trust when there are so many people trying to defraud u, how can u patronise something with a bad reputation to go through the hassle of getting a refund or even a simple email from their customer service ..even if paypal don't refund all your money u'll get to talk to their customer service and more-over they've got a good reputation better than any new idea...

Trust is built over a long period of time not one year ,some people what to know how long u have been operating and rely on feedbacks n patronage so when they pack up after 1 year because theyve not made substantial profits thats just shows lack of planning n reasearch probably thinkin of huge profits alone, typical naija style!  undecided

and delivery  lipsrsealed

u care when its your money,that went missing
Re: Online Businesses In Nigeria by walemuse(m): 11:03pm On Feb 07, 2006
Pendelite, yu made a very gud point.Our prblm is dat we dont value our own innovation and derez no country dat will grow in such situation.lez support gud ideas and look inward to build a nation.
Re: Online Businesses In Nigeria by enolase(m): 5:26pm On Mar 15, 2006
Rasque,

Read the reply I sent to yemupz on "Seeking to make a living online".

Also check your email address for a mail I have written to you on this matter.

To start an online business, you need to be guided on what is on and what isn't.

Some online businesses that do well in the US do not here in Nigeria because of some of our peculiarities.

So read the email or the posted reply
Re: Online Businesses In Nigeria by 9ja4life: 4:33pm On Apr 19, 2006
I agree with loverbwoy. it's all about trust I think people who are willing to go into this kind of businesses providing service to the public should take time out and do more reasearch. They should poor the dreams of making loads of money aside before they even start the business at all. lipsrsealed
Re: Online Businesses In Nigeria by forexgiude: 6:38pm On Sep 12, 2007
IF YOU MUST INVEST THEN YOU MUST LEARN

GET YOUR FOREX LESSON CDs

SIX CDS FOR ONLY 3K NAIRA (EACH CD CONTAINS ABOUT 600MEGA BYTE OF
INFORMATION). TOTALLING OVER 4HRS OF FULL AUDIO AND VIDEO LESSONS.

FULL STEP BY STEP GUIDE ON HOW TO TRADE FX,HOW TO START AND HOW TO WITHDRAW YOUR EARNINGS.

TO ORDER SEND EMAIL TO :bitterstone1@yahoo.no
Re: Online Businesses In Nigeria by oc2fish: 12:37pm On Mar 17, 2012
Thanks for this topic. I have been trying to pay a publishing outfit in India the sum of 75 dollars.
and the least bank charge i am getting is 61 dollars. I tried registering in paypal but found out that
Nigerians are not allowed to register. please help.
Re: Online Businesses In Nigeria by ajieg: 2:17pm On Mar 22, 2012
TRY THIS,I VE TESTED THE WATER IT IS SAFE http:///6cQNK
Re: Online Businesses In Nigeria by legalwealth(m): 4:56pm On Mar 22, 2012
Online businesses in Nigeria?

Want to really know and get started the right way?
Download these reports below! !!

(1) (Reply)

Get Barcodes For Your Products! / Is Mobile Airtime Ng Or Ibk Technology A Scam?? / CCTV Installation.Know Whats Going On @ Home/Office When You're Not Around

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.