Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,371 members, 7,822,744 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:10 PM

When Love Dies - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / When Love Dies (7313 Views)

When Love Dies - Episode 11 / When Love Dies - Episode 3 / When Love Dies - Episode 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Love Dies by Nobody: 6:35pm On May 18, 2019
episode 12

Continues*

Damilola

Money is good. Wealth is wonderful, but it could not ensure me the happiness I wanted.
The cold wheather induced in me, chilly hormones of July- I hate rainy seasons- Unwanted and uninvited guest which I had to bear.

I wrapped myself in a cozy blanket, sat on the couch in the living room; my only companion – a glass of orange juice.
The glass tableware, which I acquired on my business trip to Korea reflected my loneliness.

Painted walls with marble designs-polished glasswares- in patches; luxirious spacing between the t.v on the wall and me; air conditioned and sweetened vanilla scent.

I’m accomplished,had it all, but something was lacking.

‘Am I so difficult to love? I asked my reflection on the table.
Rhetorical question indeed.

These elements of denegration and surreptitious sinisters, paraded through the corridors of my mind. Unexpectedly : the doorbell reinstated my mind to reality.
I walked non-challantly to the front door.

‘I’m coming…Bisiii? Where is she? Oh! .’
I remembered she took Funmi to school.

‘Yes, Umaru, what is it? I said .
Umaru looked wierd as always, his tarky buba and oversize cap resonated stupidity, then he replied. ‘Madam, one Oga, I say I wann see am por me’

‘who is that? Let him in’

‘OK.Madam’ he said. Dashed off to the gate, and I heard him talking to someone.

‘Oga, Madam say make I kwom inside…Eyy! No frovlem, kwam inside’

I stared from the glass door. Lo and behold : It was Gabriel.
My heart quickened, a rapid inflush of adrenaline to my system, this type I never felt before.

As he took steps towards me, my soul drenched with fear and I felt happiness at the same time. He sliced the air with his chocolate arms, his broad chest made my imagination grow wide. ‘ oh my! I jerked. He is so handsome.

*snap out of it* I cautioned myself*behave Dami,behave*

‘Hello Dami, ‘ he smiled and my world came to a pause. Is this for real?

‘ Hi…hello, Gabr…hi Gabriel’ I stammerred.

‘ I’m here to discuss about your proposal’

‘which proposal? My lips stretched wide apart and I could feel myself blush.

‘the one about…’ he began.

I slapped my forehead, and remembered. ‘ Oh! Yes I remember. Sorry. Its fine if you refuse’ I continued ‘ besides, I dont want to seem imposing and cheap’

I wished the heavens, I could take back the last word. My eyes popped out of their sockets.

Gabriel stroke his left hand behind his jean trousers, bent forward a bit then placed it on his blue slim -fitted
polo.

‘You see, ‘he resumed ‘ I’m not too sure about this either, but lets give it a shot….’

‘please come inside’ I cut in’ its hot outside’

‘wow! He exclammed’ nice place, this is like a palace’

I laughed. ‘Soon you will be its King’ . Another misplaced statement.

Terrible. Just terrible.

‘Here are the documents ‘ I gave a file to him’ Funmi wakes up by 8 in the morning-every morning to be prescise except Saturdays and Sundays, which ofcourse are your days off….You can only leave at 9pm every work day…so if you..’

‘Whoa! Wait! I’m practically going to live here? Gabriel asked.

I raised my arms and let it slam on my laps, when I took a seat.
‘ The choice is yours, except you have a family already?

He was silent. ‘I will read the rest, when I get home… I have to leave now’

Something is not right, I thought loudly. His face glowed when I asked about his family.

Katherine

‘ oh July, wonderful July, beautiful July’ Boma sang ‘ I love the breeze, July, the rain in July, my love O! July!

‘will you stop it please’ I enjoyed the song, but her voice branded it ‘MIA’

Boma is nearly same age with me, she just gapped me with 3 more. A cheerful lady, and now my kitchen partner in the school Canteen. Her voice marred her moderate looks.

She danced and stirred the potatoes in the pan.
‘ Katy, be happy for once ok. Let your life be made of love’

‘love? I’m a creature of love. My husband loves me so much’ I said ‘ you think I’m not lovable?

My arms kept steady at akimbo

‘Hmm. Katy, love is like alcohol when you take too much, you get drunk’ she said ‘ we cant always trust men you know. They forget so easily, what love means. And when that happens, they grow tired of us’

I scanned every possible reason for her statement.

These few days, I’ve been getting negative vibes.

‘ yea! Thats true, but not my Gabriel… He is too good to be true’ I ticked my index finger in the air ,smiling.

Boma poured out the potatoes, introduced a new batch and the oil sizzled.

‘what can I say? Kate,your husband is lucky to have you. You have a beautiful heart’

I blushed.

‘But be careful Kate’ she continued ‘ guard him jealously, so many women would kill just to have a man in their life’

Another hint of impending doom. Like she was a priestess of choas.
I removed my apron, opened the freezer and took out a glass jar of ice water.

Gulping down a cold drink, my mind scattered in different dimensions of mindplay.

GABRIEL
It was not so much fun, with my new job of baby-care.

I never enjoyed lying but now became my backbone. Even though it gave a hard time believing, Kate would still let it pass.
Its an awful experience, and I hated every flaws of my lying tongue. I just said whatever felt right to me.

‘Love, I got a new job’ I said ‘ Its a Crafts and Arts Company’.

‘ Seriously? That’s really wonderful’. She said ‘I’m happy, soon, all our debts will be cleared’

‘Definately’. I said.
I did everything to save the moment from ruin.

‘Its amazing, isnt it? I asked.

‘Yes. Certainly ‘ She said.
Her voice is crystal clear, even from a distance as far as the kitchen. She prepared dinner.

My wet body dripped of cold shower. I toweled my hair and hung the piece of clothing to dry.

‘So, what is your job description? Kate said.

‘I’m the technical head for… Maintenance and Crafts designs’ I said.

‘That’s a very vital position. Sounds like you…like you are incharge or something’

‘I’m so glad I was selected, amongst five other applicants’ I dropped in.

‘To be honest, you are one lucky man. The luckiest man I know. Think of it: Its just a few days of search and you already got that kind of work’
The smile she gave me
touched my heart softly and soothed my burning cheeks.
She carefully released her arms off the bowl of rice, which was
now on the table then she went back into the cuisine (kitchen).

Her hair delighted my fifth sense, like roses
gliding with the wind of
love.

‘Gabriel’ She asked.

‘Uh huh? I replied while taking my position, set for dinner.

‘What about Tayo’s friend? His daddy-day-care job? Did he
take it?

‘No he did’nt’ I said.

‘Why what happened?

‘Kate, his conscience abhored the terms of agreement’ I lied again. The third time succively.

Kate turned. Her gaze pierced through me like rays of karma.

‘Unbelievable’ She said.

‘So there is still some dignity left in men. I thought he would
sholve his pride down the drain for peanuts’

‘Ofcourse not, besides the payment is good. The only problem is the part where he hates is pretending to a little girl’
She concluded her chores in the kitchen and came out with another bowl of stew which captivated my senses and aroused deep appetite.

‘Hmmmm…Lovely” I said.

‘So thats the reason. How about failing not to lust for the woman’s body’ she said.

Silence engulved me.

‘well that might be another reason. Perhaps’

‘Or perhaps, he feels guilty already’ Kate said.

Only if she knew , that Tayo had no other friends : except me and Maxwell.

My wife switched on the fan, pulled her seat backwards then called out to David, to come have dinner.

DAMILOLA.

I walked into the restaurant without creating an awareness. He was already waiting.
The fierce look on his face scared the life out me. I could not despair- it did not matter anymore.

I need his services. It was inconvinient for me. Nevertheless, we met at this five star restaurant. It was just us, and few suspicious personalities.
My identity remains paramount and I did not want to give it away so easily.

A black schurle covered my blond hair-hiding it from prying eyes.
The dark shades reduced the visibility of my my eyes.
It compliments my blouse.
Taking a seat, I brought out an envelope and tossed it across the table.

He grasped it firmly, to friction its motion.

His left ear had three piercings. (he had two before). The green jacket he wore ,contrasted his sun-burned face. (He is extremely dark, a twin to the devil himself)

‘Here is the down payment’ I said.

‘I want a clean job, a very clean one.
Inside the envelope, is a picture of the subject. I want you keep track of everything about the person.
He stared at me ,peeped into the envelope and kept silent. A mute dog inde
ed ,trained to execute and do less talking.

‘Keep me aprised of every detail, you find out. Everything, and I mean everything’

‘Address; personal life; friends and family.
I hope you wont fail me this time. I hate failures. Remember that’
…. He nods his head in approval.

” Good ‘ I said.

‘ Then we shall meet again. I expect good news’ I said, already on my feet.
……I adjusted my blouse and trousers, about to leave…..

‘What happens if someone close to him gets in the way my investigations’ he said.

A smile began to grow on my cheek.

‘You know what to do. Just do it like you have always done’ I said, while taking my leave.
Re: When Love Dies by Nobody: 6:36pm On May 18, 2019
episode 13

*continues*

Damilola

” Do you like your party? Are you enjoying it? I said.

‘Yes mummy’ Funmi said ‘ I am mummy. Thank you’

‘Why? Dont be sad now’ I said , when I noticed her smile gradually fade away.

‘Mummy… Where is daddy? She said.

‘I uhm… He cant make it honey’ I said.

‘But why mommy. You promised’ She said.

‘Funmi ,listen to mummy’ I began.

‘Your daddy loves you so much and thats the most important thing. Just know he cares about you, even if he is far away’

‘No he does’nt… If he did,why is he not here. I want daddy, I want daddy!
And now ,even aunt Kemi is not here to attend my birthday party. Whats happening ? She said.

I noticed that too, but due to the many guests and Oluwafunmi’s friends , I had little time to think about Kemi’s absence.

‘Dont be sad, baby. Mummy will never leave you. I’m here, forever’

I kissed her on the forehead and embraced her warmly,while bending down.

Gabriel

Dami stood there puzzled.
She bit her lips, scrathed her chin and shook her head.

She virtually scanned me from head to toe.

‘What’s wrong’ I asked.

She shook her head and tightened her mouth like her cheeks were filled with water.

‘ Its not right’

‘What is not right? I asked.

‘You dont look like a daddy from America’ she said.

‘Huh ? So how does a daddy who came back from the states ,look like? I said.

‘Your dress. You cant wear Polo and those jeans when you meet my daughter’

‘Oh that? I laughed, but it felt embarrassing.

‘So what next? I asked.

She cycle me. Then stopped ultimately.

‘I have a solution to that’ She said.
Dami went to her drawer benearth her office table . She brought out a box-very fancy- just like those you get when you buy from boutiques.

I watched her as she took off the covering flap.

‘Here. Take this. Change into them. They look better’ She said.

The clothes she gave me were expensive, very flashy and I bet my balls, that they must cost a fortune.

‘Hmmm. I have arrived Nigeria, finally I don Hammer. I thought.

Nanny Bisi was instructed to bring Funmi inside the ball room. Dami made sure all her gifts were all there, especially my horses. Yes they were V.I.P.

‘Wow! Mummy ,these are beautiful. Teddy bear! ‘ Funmi said ‘ Mummy are those pony horses?

I was hiding in a corner.

‘Yes ‘ Dami’s voice replied.

‘Really? They are beautiful. Who made them ,mummy?

‘I did”
*Daddy-for-hire job began officially. I came out of the corner like a price being unveiled. Beaming every pattern of smile, I could think of.

The little girl was a bit startled. She hid behind her mother.

‘Who are you? She asked.

‘Uhm..Baby, this your Daddy , Gabriel’ Dami said.

‘Really?.. Are you my daddy? Funmi said with Joy.

‘Yes, I am’ I felt guilty, but if lying would get me and my family a better life. Then I rather lie ten times a day.

Not funny though, but my tongue always had the perfect answer.

‘Daddy! Funmi hugged me.

‘Do you like my gift? Oluwami? I asked.

‘Oluwami? She said.

‘yes Oluwami, for Oluwafunmi.’ I said.

She shrugs. ‘ the best gift you gave me is you. Thank you for coming, daddy’

‘ I love my princess, so much, I will never leave you again’ I said.

‘Promise ?

‘Promise’ I said.

Dami’s joy was extra ordinary, even clueless Nanny Bisi couldn’t help it but shed tears of joy.

*Excuse me’ Dami said. Her phone rang.

‘Yes…my e-mail, ok…you inboxed some pictures… I will check them ASAP’

She was still very happy. Funmi hugged me even more.

Suddenly , Dami’s joy was changed to gloominess. Like she saw a ghost on her laptop screen. She sat silently , staring piercingly at me and then checked her screen in disbelief.

‘What’s wrong, Dami’ I said.

‘Nothing…’ She scoffed.

I was very skeptical if it was really nothing.
Her eyes betrayed her response. There really was something on that screen.

Katherine

I managed to find a parking space, pulled in and turned off the ignition.
The school bus was always with me on Saturdays to enable me commute early to work on Monday.

It saved me transportation costs.

I hopped down from the driver’s seat and looked back to see if I was forgeting any item.
Satisfied, I pressed the lock button on the analog remote key.
The car beeped in response.

I stood there , staring and trying to recollect what I wrote down on the list of items I wanted to buy from the flea Market.
I was standing right in front of it.
Hoodlumps were inevitablely present with their notable suspicious appearances.
I clenched tightly to my hand bag and took a quick look at it to make sure it had not already disappeared

I was cautious. Pepper spray was in the bag.

The stalls were open on all ends, each having only a shelter cover with stakes nailed to thick rods that served as beams for support.

The ground was a typical replica of molten magma larva, the only difference here was the coldness and putridity of this unapolegetic eyesore.
I managed to tip toe a few times , preventing my feet from torture but my slippers suffered dearly .

The goods here were cheap- Flea in nature.
Tomatoes were not placed on a platter of gold unlike the previous weekend when it was hiked.

Assorted goods and beverages were present and affordable, but not the type you get to buy in Shoprite and mega malls.

Original goods could be found here but only if one did a pratical survey of the entire landscape. The forces of demand and supply had no effect on this market.
They were weak in price determination. The price today will be different from that of yesterday.

I couldn’t despair, this was the life I chose because of love. I would sacrifice a luxurious life , just for my OGL.

My One Great Love- my sweet Gabriel.
Only if he knew, things would not be so complicated right now.
Not withstanding that, he wanted to get rich and I would put in blood and sweat to see his dreams come true.
***********†*********

She was not in the mood to smile. She stared at me . I couldn’t help but wonder what sinister and crooked thought was going in her mind.

She probably was searching for something to plank me with.
Obviously.

‘ Er??You say wetin ? Abeg Madam, if you noh go buy drop amm. How will I sell
these tomatoes to you 150? She said.

She then looked away with disgust. Shameless indeed.

‘How come? See the thing self, e donn die finish’ I said ‘ To be honest this one nah ‘ Toma’ , the ‘Toes’ no dae again’

It was obvious . The tomatoes looked non-succulent and almost dry.
Only in Nigeria you get to display such kinds of goods with impunity

‘Take it or leave it. 150 naira last’ I said.

” Abeg carry your wahala dae go. You dae block my customers o!
Please o’ she became furious..

‘ I can’t give more than that nah? Maka why kwanu? In this Buhari period? I said feigning
to be surprised .

” Nah you I carry for head come market today abi? Its change o. Farmers have increased price’

‘ Nah you sabi, 150 or nothing’ I said.

After a long bargain, she finally succumbed to my end of the deal and let me path with the goods.

That was the last item I bought after spending hours debating with nagging market women.

I carried the two nylons portables in both arms.

My hand bag hanging on my shoulder.
I was about to open the passengers door when my bag became loose off my arms.

Someone had snatched the bag.

‘Thief, thief O ! I shouted and made a pursuit of the fool. I didn’t even care about the nylons as I dropped them on the floor

Suddenly, someone punched the scumbag in the face , barricading his escape.
I felt sorry for him.

“Ouch ‘ I said.

It felt like I was the one who was dealt with a blow.

‘ Next time , you won’t be so lucky; now get lost’ the man said .

I was awestruck and puzzled as I stood there watching my knight in shinning armour…….

To be continued.
source: https://www.emperorblog.com.ng/?s=WHEN+LOVE+DIES

1 Like

Re: When Love Dies by Ann2012(f): 8:08am On May 19, 2019
Thanks for the update
Re: When Love Dies by Creeza(m): 9:31am On May 19, 2019
Gilbertuyore:

we are waiting oo
we are waiting o. I'm actually enjoying this o. Reading it again.. grin

1 Like

Re: When Love Dies by Nobody: 2:41pm On May 19, 2019
Creeza:
we are waiting o. I'm actually enjoying this o. Reading it again.. grin

am coming

1 Like

Re: When Love Dies by Nobody: 2:42pm On May 19, 2019
Ann2012:
Thanks for the update
pls how can i reach lightqueen nah0
Re: When Love Dies by Ann2012(f): 3:10pm On May 19, 2019
emperorblog21:

pls how can i reach lightqueen nah0

I'll get back to you
Re: When Love Dies by Nobody: 9:09pm On May 19, 2019
Ann2012:

I'll get back to you

PLS AM WAITING
Re: When Love Dies by Nobody: 6:01pm On May 20, 2019
Ann2012
Re: When Love Dies by Ann2012(f): 10:01pm On May 20, 2019
emperorblog21:
Ann2012

Lightqueen says she'll get back to you and thanks for checking on her
Re: When Love Dies by Nobody: 10:22am On May 21, 2019
Ann2012:

Lightqueen says she'll get back to you and thanks for checking on her

okay dear.
thanka
Re: When Love Dies by Nobody: 7:19am On May 22, 2019
episode 14 Continues* Katherine I watched as the poor lad scrambled off the floor and fled for his dear life. How could this be? Why him? He is always there to rescue me from problems? I thought out loudly. * why? I asked , when the thought transformed to words. ‘Why what? Andy said. He wore a brown packet shirt , with a well ironed pitch black trousers. I was impressed by the shiny shoes he wore. They reflected the rays of the sun and I thought I saw them glow- probably a mirage or something. ‘Sorry…. I meant thank you, but why? I said . ‘Why what ? He replied again, and gave me my hang bag which he got back from the thief. ‘Are you in anyway , following me? I said. ‘Obviously not and you’re welcome’ He scoffed. ‘I just happened to be at the right place and time’ He said. This is the second time he did me a favour, and I hoped dearly that he wouldnt asked for any, in return. ‘ Thank you…for this… I… I really appreciate’ I said ,feeling shy and took my eyes off his direction. ‘No problem Kate’ He said ‘ Now you owe me two cups of coffee’ *Is that all? He must be a comedian indeed. I grinned and gave a hearty smile thinking of reasons why he wanted to have a coffee date with me. ******* Damilola. ”What? Kemi’s voice echoed in my ear drums. ‘, Kemi please help me out here, I’m confused’ I said. — handling with my pen on the table, and my other hand held the phone to my ear. The Sunday morning was blissful. Birds chirped from a distance and I could still hear their melodies. The air smelled fresh. I used to be a Kirk- a bornafide church goer- but all that changed the day my mother was humiliated by her so called fellow members. I never wanted to remember the past, but it kept hunting me both in dreams and reality. * ‘ I just got an e-mail yesterday’ I said. ‘ what were the contents? ‘Kemi ,it is so horrible..’ I began ‘How do you mean, is it that bad?’ She said. ‘ Kemii!!, my mom was arrested for drug trafficking in New york, and you are asking me if it is that bad? I couldnt believe her. ‘Listen to me Dami, dont get too fused up, we can still do something’ ‘What, ? What can we do? I’m confused’. The tears began to roll down my cheeks as I wiped them off gently. ‘So how did you get the get the pictures? ‘Remember I hired a private investigator to keep watch over her? I said. ‘Yes..yes, I remember. John Foster, right? Kemi said. ‘yea, thats him. The one we met at the convention in New York’ I said. The tears became unbearable. I just had to let it all out. ‘ Kemi why are all these happening to me? ‘ I said ‘ Why me? Just when I thought everything was getting better’ ‘ Its not your fault, Lola please stop blaming yourself’ ‘ It is.. ‘ I sobbed’ If only I didnt allow Mum to stay back in the states, knowing fully well she was now a drug addict’ Kemi sighed. I could feel her breathe deeply on the other end of the line. ‘ You had to. She requested it, besides the humiliation from St. Jude’s members, left a dent on her personality. Nigeria became too unbearable for her. She needed a change in environment’ ‘ I cant take it anymore’ ‘I cant , I just cant. Before it was Funmi who suffered, now even my mum is in a deeper mess’ I cried. ‘ It will be fine.’ Kemi said. ‘So where is Mami Funke now? ‘ She asked. ‘She is in the police net , undergoing detainment’ I said’ I will try and pull some strings to get her released on bail’ ‘ I’m always on your side. Remember’ she said. ‘OK. Thank you Kemi. You are a true friend’ ‘ Awwwn! What are friends for? She joked. ‘ok bye’ I hung up the line. Thoughts flash into my head like thunder bolts stabbing the very essence of my existence. ‘ Mummy? Are you ok? Funmi came into the room and I didnt notice her presence. ‘I’m fine. Mummy is ok ‘ I said. ‘ You’re crying mummy. Did daddy leave us again? I wiped away my tears and smiled. ‘No baby. Daddy didnt leave us. Mummy just has alot on her mind , it will be fine’ ‘OK mummy. I promise you, I wont ever make you cry. I will take care of you, mummy’ Funmi said and cleaned my face with her arms. Joy overwhelmed me. My cheeks came alive again . I hugged my daughter and held her firmly. ‘I love you Funmi’ I said’ You are really God- sent. You are mummy’s angel’ ‘ I love you too mummy
Re: When Love Dies by Nobody: 2:05pm On May 23, 2019
episode 15

* Temptation In Human form*

Gabriel

*It went on consecutively for weeks. Every morning , I would wake up at 6.45 am , just to be punctual. I would sneak out quietly
without Kate’s knowledge. It was cool and awesome-the feeling of being invisible.

Although it got to the point of frustration , irritation and suicidal tendencies- I pushed too far to the edge cause I liked it.
From six to nine , and the cycle continued the next morning.

Dami’s gate man already accustomed to my early visits, let me in even though he was clueless to what promoted the early morning visits.

Miss Akehinde was already awake and as usual brought me new pairs of clothes- sometimes she gave me night pajamas – just to make it look all real to her daughter, that I was indeed a part of the family she lost. Funmi was still sound asleep

I changed into the shirt and felt uncomfortable with her staring at my chest and abdomen.
**———-

” I will be going home early today ‘ I said.

” Why? What’s the rush?

+——
*Rush? Nothing more than trying to escape your xray eyes * I thought out loud and shook my head in disgust.
——

“Emergency ! I said.

she kept mute as if to pretend she didn’t hear me. Her eyes fixed upon my bag this time, which was on the room divider.

“Why do you always carry a bag pack?

” Emergencies ” I replied non challantly.

“What kind?

“NOthing too important ‘ I said ” just any kind”

Dami was not satisfied with my answer . She must have been having a bad hunch about me.

*——-
*well that’s her business * I’ m just doing it for the money*

“OK ,very well then. You can go home early today, but I’ ll be the one to explain it to Funmi’

My head moved in unison with my thoughts. Its seemed OK by me. I took my bag and towered down the stairs to change my pants.

It was almost 6:30 in the evening and still Dami was nowhere to be found . Had she forgotten so easily? I couldn’t set my mind to refrain from the thought.

My eyes locked in , on the wall clock and I bit my lips in regret. Almost brimming with rage, I sighed bitterly.
Funmi was comfortably enjoying her position in my b—m , watching her favourite t.v programme. The poor girl, I had learnt to love her dearly as mine.

Nanny Bisi came in with a tray containing glasses of juice and candy cake bars. She placed them on a stool beside the bed.

“Is Dami back already? I asked.

“No sir. She is still out ”

“OK thank you” .

She shut the door briskly behind her when she left.

* my phone vibrated in my shorts*A text from Kate*

: Hi Love, please try to be home early. Remember its David’s birthday . kisses and hugs. See you soon.
**+—–

Of course I did remember , only if I could excape this nonsense called daddy- posing.

” I’m sorry Love. Something important came up. Overtime and we have to beat the dead line for the supply’
My thumb clicked send , when I was done typing the SMS.****—

“What can be more Important than your family? If you can’t make it for your son, what more about me- about us?
She replied instantly.

I sighed and carefully typed my reply” It won’t get to that point. Trust me I have the situation under control”

It took her some time to reply, maybe she wanted to assimilate what I meant by being “in control”

” In control? Or you are being controlled? I’m sorry , but you confuse me with your work life.
Please call me”

I didn’t reply back and then she called, I rejected it. She called the second time, but it was already on silent mode.

” Daddy who was that? Funmi enquired .

“No one of importance baby, ‘ I said ‘ its just one of my many clients”.
I enjoyed the moment.

10 pm.

Dami returned home , stone drunk and very tipsy. Her mobile never went through, she practically forgot me.

“You are late” I said when she locked her car and came inside the living room.

My mood was not so good ,I paced up and down and tried to be calm.

“Why? This is my house. I can come in and go out any time I want” She said in a tipsy manner.

She staggered and her high heels brought her crumbling to the floor, when I caught her in mid – air, by a freak of impulse .

I saw something in her eyes. A burning desire of which I was afraid to give her. So deep, that the demons in me were even frightened to behold her .
She kept mute and then suddenly said ” aawn , how sweet. Now put me down , I can find my bedroom unaided”

She tripped a second time and fell face flat on the cold tile.

“Let me help you Dami” I said ‘ You are really drunk”

Awrful, and pathetic. Carrying her from the laps with my other arm supporting her torso, I took her to her room. Placed her gently on the the red sheets which left a romantic picture in the mind. Her room was deemly lit by moonlight, just a perfect scene for hot romance.

Her arms restricted my motion, and she uttered inaudible words.

“What ? I tried to place my ear on her lips…..

” Why are you still here? Gabriel? She began…
” I expected you to reject my offer but you did not. You were too easy for me . Too easy and cheap.
Tell me Gabriel , do you have a wife at home to feed” She said.

Her worrds angered me the more and I tried to withdraw my arms, but she won’t let them loose freely.
Maybe she already knew, maybe my cover was already blown. What was in the email , she received on that auspicious day?
Perhaps, it was on her mind all along, I couldn’t imagine but fear the worst.

” Maybe ! ‘ I said, knowing fully well she was past reasoning and and already in stupor .

“Stay with me tonight , don’t go. Please’

“I have to…..’ I said while trying to move.

Her lips touched mine and she kissed me with so much passion while her eyes were closed.
” Don’t leave … Please stay… Love me, please Gabriel”

Temptation indeed, my testerones were energenized. I could feel the lust on my whole body.
The fire burned and nothing could extinguish it.
There she was in my arms and I was afraid, afraid not of almost perfect curves, but of committing a crime of infidelity .
Re: When Love Dies by Nobody: 2:06pm On May 23, 2019
episode 16

Gabriel.

I gently caressed her laps, my arms went a bit further upwards into the forbidden arena.

It was entruiging, alluring and mind blowing, but unfortunately , Dami was already fast asleep- bad luck and alcohol effects.

In as much I wanted to dive into her, it would be termed rape and far from love making.

*I still have a bit of self respect and dignity , we are not a Menagerie in human form.

I carefully untangled my arms and moved a few paces backwards. Turned and open the door, only to glance back at her for a while, beheld her curves then
shut the door firmly..

Katherine

I hoped so dearly for the best and still afraid of the worst case scenario- loosing my husband to his work. He was within reach but I couldn’t grasp him even though I tried . The thought was scary enough.

I sat down. The chairs pinched me and I stood up immediately. My heart raced fast and I prayed: Lord bring him home safe tonight. Just let him come back.
*—————–

” Mum? Is daddy back yet? Dave said as he wiped his face , getting rid of any sleep hangovers.

I must have woke him up with my frantic pacing up and down.

I glanced surreptitiously at the wall clock. The big Joe said” 11: 45 pm.

“No son” I said ” Go to your room and rest OK?.

“I’ ll wait for your father, until he comes back”
I felt huge amounts of sympathy in my bones, his facial expressions made me quiver with fear.

“I want to wait with you , please”

” No honey, I ‘ll be fine . Don’t worry about me” I said as my arms smoothly brushed his left shoulder ,raising him to his feet.

” Get up….let’s get you to bed. Its really late”

Dave sighed. Looked at the dinning table and said ” Mummy who is going to eat all these dishes you prepared? Too bad Daddy is not back yet and my appetite is gone”
*******——–

I paused for some seconds , my eyes became heavy, a tear trickled down leaving the white balls glassy.

“Mummy, now you are crying” he continued ” Its my birthday and I should be sad, not you”

I felt a touch of ambivalence , laughter came forth and pain disapperaed.

I chuckled ” Haha..I’m sorry Dave… Mummy is too emotional”

His lips brightened my cheeks with a touch of love.

“Goodnight Mother..I love you so much”

“Goodnight baby, I love you so very much” I said while standing from my squatting position.

****************————

My mind tried to give answers to the rhetoritical questions in my head. *All of them would be answered tonight. **

The door creeked open I immediately feigned sleeep . I shut my eyelids perfectly without flinching .

I could feel his heart beat, it was really him. His breath was fresh. I sniffed his shirt like a rabbit when he kissed me on the forehead. Clean, no sweat and suspicious.

I opened an eye and saw him scanning the room with a surprise look on his face.

Oops!!! He nearly caught me peeking. I shut my eyes again penultimately before he turned.

“Love, love wake up” Gabriel tapped me on the shoulder.

“Wake up its late. Let’s go to bed”

I let one eye open like I was indeed aroused from a deep sleep.

“You could have at least called ” I began.

“Let me explain…..”

I cut him short and said” Please do just that! Your son was worried sick waiting for you since yesterday. You just came back this morning at 1am to explain. Explain what exactly?
I said checking the time.

*Calm down now Kate. Take it easy,* my mind was faster than my tongue. I wanted to let it all out. The anger overflowed . Oh help me lord.*—–

” Kate listen… ” He began again.

” I’ve tried listening for the past seven years. I have been listening…. I know we need money… Yes.. But what’s the essence of it ,if we can’t be happy?

His eyes betrayed his thoughts and I wanted an apology. *say it goddmit, just fuvking say it…say you ‘re sorry.

Then he unexpectedly shouted” OK fine , I go to work early and come back late.. So what’s the big deal huh? What?

I couldn’t believe my eyes , this was not my husband . This is not the Gabriel I gave my virginity , the man I sacrificed so much for. His eyes were blood shot with anger.

” Everything I do, I do for you and our son Dave” He continued ” its not just about me .. Can’t you see I’m tired huh? Cant you see ? I’m sick and tired of this poor life. I’m sick and tired of eating from hand to mouth”

” I grew up without a father, my mother and sister was all I had . I begged for food all my life. Now I’m trying so hard to give us a better life and you call me selfish?. Go on, tell the whole neighbourhood that your husband doesn’t sleep at home because he is working very hard” He said.

I was stoned with silence but then I got a bigger shock.

” Gabriel what happened to your ring? Where is it? I said trying to refrain from the thought.

He sighed.. ” Its in my bag”

” why would you put your wedding ring there? I said this time a bit calm but deep down I boiled with anger.

” Safety measures at work” He said.

I couldn’t believe my ears. Could my husband’s love for me be dead already? Did he place his work before us- me and my son? What have I done wrong?

He walked out on me and I caught his arm ” Please Gabriel, please….. What’s happening to you- to us? Tell me I want to understand” I said with tears in my eyes.

He brushed me off and said” Im being truthful and sincere, your problem is that you are doubting me”

I watched as he banged the door loudly behind him and broke down terribly into tears , crying my eyes out.

source: https://www.emperorblog.com.ng/?s=WHEN+LOVE+DIES
Re: When Love Dies by Nobody: 6:37am On May 26, 2019
yungrashee Treasure17。 yungbanks Kaycee9242 queenitee izaray Angelina996 dimssy Dammykrone

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Love Dies by Dammykrone(m): 7:39am On May 26, 2019
Thanks For The Invitation

This Story Is Quite Captivating
Re: When Love Dies by Treasure17(m): 1:02pm On May 26, 2019
emperorblog21:
yungrashee Treasure17。 yungbanks Kaycee9242 queenitee izaray Angelina996 dimssy Dammykrone
Thanks. Following...
Re: When Love Dies by Nobody: 1:55pm On May 26, 2019
Am participating in TATAFO write and win pls visit the link bellow and comment to win.

https://tatafo.ng/how-to-become-a-musician-
ayanpoju-a-najeem

treasuree95 ( f ), Missmossy
( f ), Joyicy( f ), iloezumanulika , Tolanitycoon ,
breeze23 , nsikylove ( f ), Dammygold1990 ( f ),
immortalvoices ( m), Madiba147 ( m), reservd
( m), Emoo96 , SUPERPACK, Rhandy1111 ( m),
Omeokachie , Mightyraw ( m), KAssybabe ( f ),
kayusdguy ( m), olubobo14 ( m), Godmademan
( m), nimat158 ( f ), chrischike ( m),
Doubleprof1 ( m), yeancahwunmi ( f ), BankyGee
( m), emmahoney( m), OGKushDiet( m),
crazydude1 , Philosopher101 , Eniwealth01 ,
youssouffas , skubido ( m), tsquare299 ( m),
wiszie04 , ziloux, Akuneshiobike(
Ayobami276 ( ClassCaptain
Re: When Love Dies by queenitee(f): 11:41am On May 27, 2019
emperorblog21:
Thank you, I'm here

1 Like

Re: When Love Dies by izaray(f): 12:29pm On May 27, 2019
emperorblog21:
Seat booked, keep it coming pls

1 Like

Re: When Love Dies by Nobody: 2:12pm On May 27, 2019
episode 17

Andy

A friend once said that being in the bigger picture as a minor character , complicates the plot and extends the story.

I never understood what Charlie Tamuno meant by those parables he always tossed at me; It was all clear now after three decades on earth.

I could have stopped myself from dreaming and hoping, sacrificing my emotions at the alter of stone cold-heartedness . I would have done this ages ago after countless futile and unsuccessful relationships.

Nevertheless, character speaks better than physical appearance and as an activist in estate management, my theory was propounded.

Its fascinating how just one recent character caught my fancy eye.

I wished bitterly that our paths had crossed earlier than now, maybe my story would have not been told like this. Now all I could do was be a friend and understand her personality.

*******I was deep in thoughts and behind the wheel, doing a sixty- five on a thirty -two highway along Rumuokoro cosmopolitan area. I barely took into mind what was happening around me when all of a sudden.
” Hey watch where you are going! A tricycle driver yelled his lungs out , at me.

” Sorry!! ” I Said feeling a bit guilty as I squeezed the steering wheel. A smile was obviously occuring on my face.

” Idiot” He continued ” You will die first before you kill me” .
He sighed loudly and looked away.

As I pushed the glass door of Yinks Links Agency ,open, I tucked my keys deep into my pockets and the bunch went ” thud onto the fabrics of my trousers.

The air conditioned environment in the lobby left a sensation of freshness and life on the mind’s eye….It was simply a bullevard of sweet aroma and energy.

“Good morning sir…” ” Good morning sir” , “Sir Andy, Good morning—– The words Flew from every angle of the office work stations, as I walked towards the elevator.

” Morning sir” Becky said adjusting her yellow blouse and her fingers fidgetted. It was not unusual to see her do it.

“Morning Becky” I said smilling casually towards her direction ” how are you?

She blushed.

“Fine , sir ” She said ” Sir Mr Charlie and other board members have been waiting for you in the conference room”

I stopped and glanced at the wall clock. “8 : 58 am.
” OK ” I said shaking my head ” I’ ll be there in five minutes”

I made for my office door then stopped abruptly ” And yes, lest I forget . Becky I want to see the reports of the first and second quarter. Include that with the weekly performance of every department”

I paused just to make sure she flowed with me.

” Yes sir” she replied like a military cadet while she took the phone line from its compactment.

” Hello?…Yes, he just arrived.. The CEO said he will be there in five… ” Her words cut short as I closed the door behind me..

Damilola

” GggggggggRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr”. The sound was frustrating , but I could use its help, especially on weekdays like this when I had hangovers from the previous night.

I reached for the alarm and silenced the bummer.

My head spinned virtually like I a pulley drawn by Usain Bolt in an endurance four hundred metres cross county race.

I tried to remember but it seemed blurred and ambered. Did we do do it?—- did he ?

I checked my bra and they were in place.
Maybe he feasted down below, I thought as my fingers investigated my V.j just to make sure she was unscathed by Gabriel.

Getting up from the bed was a thug of war and I came crumbling on my back with just two attempts alone.

I hated the feeling but It was still very nice. That painful feeling when you want to cry but the itch of the wound was irritating and tempting. You can’t help it but moan and laugh at the same time.

Richard left a bad influence on me by introducing me to alcohol and booze. I was reluctant but I enjoyed the feeling . It helped me forget that my mother was always downcasted crying her eyes out over nothing.

I would come home every school day off or holidays just to see her at near death experience. She starved and scolded her body in a manner that was alarming and demonically possessed.

Glasses and sharp object would litter the entire house from the front door to the little wire fence at the back yard. It sacred the devil out of me.

One Night I nearly stabbed her thinking she was a bugler as she paced back and forth in the dark parlour.

We stayed in a two room self con and the nagging landlady was always coming for her fees..I couldnt help it but tried working as a student.

My mom had a bipolar disease and her state was unstable. I tried giving her reasons to keep on living.

” Mom stop it please” I said horrified by the sight of her ‘ ‘Stop doing this to yourself. Daddy left us , doesn’t mean you will die because your second drunkard husband(I hated him, with passion) is also useless”

She was drenched in agony and self pity , furrowed an eye brow then tears tricked uncontrollably down her left cheek.

” Dami , people think I’m a good for nothing mistress ” she said ” But am not, I’m just a lady that wants to be loved. Is that too much to ask?

She moaned and cried that I was almost iritated. Why would I despair ?, she was my mom. I hugged her and helped her stand up from the rug. It was a sight feasting in the room: misplaced objects everywhere. Just like a habitat of a lunatic.

***””””””””——+

” Ma’am , ma’am Lola” Bisi banged on the door and her voice woke me up from my second doze.
I gasped a bit for air then I sat up on the bed.

” Yes Bisi what is it? I clenched my lip tightely with my fingers and squeezed my face in pain.. ” Hmmmmm.. Come in”

She stood like the statue of liberty without saying a word.
” What is it? I asked now confused

” Ma… Sir… Sir… ”

“Speak up you fool”. I was indeed annoyed.

She jerked and said” Ma. Sir Gabriel didn’t come today. And Ma, Funmi has been asking me funny questions…” She paused.

” Questions like?

” Is sir Gabriel really her daddy?, If I had seen him before? When she was a little baby? She said.

At first I had no clue which to be worried about: the fact that Gabriel did not come to “work” or that Funmi was too inquisitive ?

” Keep quiet” I shouted at her” Is that why you are fidgeting? Will you go back to your work and stop being silly” I sighed.

She left the room and I dragged my legs sluggishly to the bathroom with my arms navigating my closed eye.

Gabriel.

The morning was different from previous ones. Maybe it was my early morning escapes that made the house seem different this time around.

I promised Dave that I would take him out, later in the day. He was happy and I loved to see him smile even more. Little chdren easily forgive and forget.

Kate kept a cold face and mood towards me. It ached my heart because I thought I was heartless, cold and unsparing but my heart was soft , loving and caring. I still loved this beautiful and wonderful lady.
We went out later as promised , I spent the lot I could just to prove to my wife that things were better now. She never looked towards my angle. Even when I cracked jokes she previously adored.

It was a dull moment for me but I had to do it. Just to make up for my son.
A lady pushed the fast food open. At first , I thought it was just a normal resemblance but it was not.

” Yvonne?? I said surpised. I could spot her anytime and anywhere with her pretty black mole above her upper lip, a little bit near the division.

” Aunt Yvonne!!!! David exclaimed and rushed to hug her tightly.

” Happy birthday ,my sweet David” Yvonne said kissing him on the forehead ” I’m sorry I couldn’t come yesterday, to the house I mean. My hair styling business consumes my time these days”

” No problem aunt” Dave said” since you re here now come and join our table. Daddy bought me alot of ice cream and chicken stew”

” Oh really?? Awwwn.. Your daddy is so sweet, just as he has always been since we were little” She said.

Kate hugged Yvonne and it took sometime before they untangled. If she hasn’t been my sister , I would have thought she was a lesbian. I sighed.

“Hi Yvonne” I said

“Hello big brother. ” she was shocked and said” Hmm you look different , what have you been feeding me brother , Kate?

This time she was grinning at Kate who managed to pretend a happy smile.

” Join us Yvonne” Kate said .

I sat down silently and watched Kate and Yvonne chat and jisted like sisters. Kate tried as possible to avoid her sad side from being too obvious.

She was suddenly cold towards everything that concerned me. The thought made me shiver and nanobots of electricity voyaged down my neuro spine.

Maybe I was blinded, but I knew money and Love were vital. I Couldn’t have one and deprive my soul of the other. Never! If it meant selling myself to the devil, so be it, but I won’t stop loving my wife.

Just like Tayo would say ” The mind forgets, but I tell you Gabriel, the heart doesn’t. Money can buy love but not a peaceful home”
Re: When Love Dies by Nobody: 2:13pm On May 27, 2019
*The truth is scary*

dedicated Nder Jagugu88li bummybummy Lankyannie elskillful scarlett

Katherine

In the aftermath of our arguement , I did everything possible to save my marriage for the sake of David.
He was little , innocent and unaware of the possibilities of his parents spliting up. The shock would be unbearable for a boy of his age.

Gabe, tried to pacify me after making me look like a fool for weeks. I wished for the earth to open and swallow him up.

A voice in me kept on saying “You just can’t do without him, you might die without him…Save him the trouble and accept his apologies already”

*——-

This night was just like its predecessors. I pretended to be asleep when he crept in ,again, like a thief. He hadn’t knew but, I always stayed awake and watched with an eye peeping, while he moved around in the room, before coming to bed.

Gabriel denied me marital bliss and satisfaction. Not that I cared about the sex, but I had a bad feeling he was getting it somewhere else.

You know a man can hardly live without sexual relationships.

I just wanted to be sure he wasn’t celibate all of a sudden.

He came under the sheets. A deep skirmish affair went all through my mind and body. A tussle for power and freedom to undertake what I had cooked up.

Fortunately , he wrapped me from behind like a woolen coverlet. His breath was a fresh vanilla flavours and pierced through my ninety-nine percent broken heart.
I turned forty-five degree radius , facing him . There he was, my once loving and kind hearted Gabriel. I hated the man he had become.

” what happened to you ? ” I thought , wishing I said it out, but it was all in my head ” Were did you bump into ? Gabriel , where is the original you- The man I fell in love with?, Why do I still love you even when you are such a jerk?

I felt the urge pass down through me. It was hilarious, wanting him deep inside me and still hating his sudden change of attitude. I cared less about the latter.

I kissed him on the lip. He didn’t move a bone. His eyes did not even blink a light of surprise.

I pulled my hair behind , which stood in between me and my goal. His unclad chest made me breathe nervously.

Those white glassy eyes, I wanted to see them. Even just a blink , but Mr. Man was far from eager to shake a finger.

I sighed bitterly. Stimulating myself with my fingers, I went for his lower abdomen with my right hand.
His arms came like lightening , slapping mine off. He was anticipating such attempt. What a kill joy!

” Kate…. I’m…. tired Ok. Please …let me sleep” He said calculatively, still closing his eyes and facing me.
” Tired ….of me or sleeping here on this bed ? I asked very confused and angry.

I pushed him away and pulled up my night trousers, which I took off initially just to entice him . Those didn’t work either.

“I’ m tired from work ” He said and continued ” Let’s just sleep beside each other. I’m really tired”

” Sleep alone then” I said taking my pillow ” I’m not your sister . Neither am I a lesbian to just sleep “beside” you. Mtchewww! Goodnight!

Picking up my mobile , with the stuffy pillow firmly held at b—m angle , I made for the door.

” Good night ……, Funmi..” He replied turning on the bed sheets.

At first I thought he was sleep talking or maybe dreaming. ” Who the hell ….was Funmi? ” I thought out loudly and paused, while my arms on the door handle loosen its grip.

I slapped him so hard on the left cheek that I could feel the pain on my palms.

” Has it gotten to that stage? ” I said “Eh? Wake up . Gabriel, don’t play “sleeping” with me. It has reached the point of you forgeting my own name. Who the hell is Funmi?

He stared blankly at me . His thoughts must have probably ran wild! His eyes betrayed his actions as I waited for him to reply.

“Ohhhhh!! What is it again nah? He yelled out softly .
” Why did you slap me? He said “Who is Funmi? OK she is…she is…. the daughter of one of Tayo’s cousin..like I told you before, I’m tired . It was just a slip of tongue.”

He hissed and went back under the sheets. I wanted to bounce a JP tank on him, or perhaps pour him a resovoir- full of water to make him talk.. Or perhaps maybe he was saying the truth. He had Better be , only God will save him if I found out that he had been lying to me.

Damilola

The reports I had been waiting so patiently for finally arrived.

The investigator ,after weeks of trial and error methods got me a tangible lead on the subject. The anticipation killed me emotionally as I feared the worst.

Kemi sat on the couch and crossed her legs like a queen and spoilt brat she was. No wonder she was named Oluwakemi. Her fingers went probably numb, while she replied messages and pushed notifications on her Infinix S mobile.

Even before Mark Zukerberg founded Facebook , Kemi kept tabs with all her friends. An extrovert and mathematics wizard. I envied and admired her at the same time.

” Kemi?” I asked ” what will you do, if you helped someone financially ,thinking he or she was a real. Only to find out that he/ she was nothing but a fraud”

I really wanted an answer to that question.

She furrowed an eyebrow. ” What do you mean? She said still busy with her leisure time.

” When you want something, and you give everything just to get it. Then you realise you had been fooled” I said ” you get hurt and broken, and regret your actions in the first instance”

I waited for her reply.

She tossed her phone on the side of the chair, looked at me and said ” Why? What happened. ….Your question … Its all in parables…”

I wanted to say the words, it choked me and every time I tried they just won’t burge out.

” Its …its ….” I began, with a nervous look.

” Its what ? Did one of your Clients side track you?” She said ” Tell me something, …. what is it?

” Kemi … Gabriel is … “I said..

” What did he do ? She said while sitting up properly. To her it was getting interesting.

” I.. uhm..He..uhm…” I said but was cut short by the knock on the door.

” Yes , come in please”

He walked right in, smiling and feeling too confident of himself.

” Speaking of the devil…” Kemi said abruptly.

I didn’t hesitate to air my thoughts and let the words flow.

” Gabriel how is your…” I paused .

” My what? ” He said still confused by Kemi’s words.

” Why did you lie to me in the first place? I asked ” It would have been easier if you had said the truth”

I wanted to be angry but a part of me was calm and civil. His eyes went cycling the entire room, from me down to Kemi and back to me.

” I don’t understand! He blurted out.

” Spare me the nonsense Mr. Egedege. Part of our agreement was that you must be single. Instead you hid that part from me, a breache of contract punishable as a criminal offence under the law.”

He was suddenly dumbfounded. Kemi dropped her jaws down in surprise too. She had no idea what had transpired between me and Gabriel, but she was no fool- Her worst fears had come to pass.

Everyone , including myself was in deep recession of words, waiting for the the other person to drop a pin on the floor.
Re: When Love Dies by Nobody: 2:16pm On May 27, 2019
episode 19

Continues*

GABRIEL

”…So that’s how it happened and the reason I kept it a secret” I said ,feeling a painful heart wrench.

”Ok Mr. Gabriel ‘ Dami said ” I’ll talk to you later. Please you can leave now’

Why the sudden change, Dami? I asked.

‘Why the sudden formal tone?

‘Mr. Egedege’ She said ” Please dont let it get any worse than this. I said, I will call you later”

She made several signs with her head, eyes and even her tongue. I couldnt fathom what she meant.

It was as if she was saying ” Go now, please, I’ll call you later. Lets just talk some other time”

‘ whatever ! I thought she was insane. We had to iron things out there and then.

‘ So is that it? ‘ I said’ You’ll just walk me out ,out of your life. Out of Funmi’s life. Without explanation’

”We are done talking here. ‘ She said ‘ Dont let me call security’

Again ,her eyes betrayed her words.
*—-

I glanced briefly at Kemi. She was rather perplexed than lost in thoughts. A single word did not see the daylight out of her mouth.

I left the two women, opened the door without second thoughts and banged it behind me.

All the while I thought things were under control. Guessing now, that I had been wrong.
She was such an ingrate. A manipulative witch.

The good times, I spent with Funmi , flashed in my face. My grown affection for the little girl.

**—– ”The best gift you gave me is you, thank you for coming. Daddy”

” I promise you . I will never leave again ” I said to her.

” Promise?…..yeah! I love you daddy..—–*

At first ,it was all a joke, but now I knew I lost the game. The underdog won with high odds at stake.

My family was near dilapidation and my relationship with Funmi will also suffer.

I came home early. Tucked myself into the couch and waited for a miracle.

I dialed Tayo’s number. The playback tune of Flavour’s : Power to win, helped calm my storm.

” Man whats up? I said.

” Just finished a deal with Kay Constructions…I’m on my way home’ Tayo’s voice said.

” Bro, I’m back to square one’ I said.

” Seriously? How did that happen.?

‘Tayo, the chick blew my cover- I never knew she would have me investigated”

He kept on with his long list of advices, after which he admonished me to admit reality .

” Now you have to focus all your efforts on your marriage, with Katherine’

‘Ayo?- Its not going to be easy” I said ”besides–”

”There is no sides here. You ‘re the man. She will understand, just sweet-talk her into it, She needs alot from you” He said again.

” Kate is different–‘

”Listen to me G,’ He cut in again, ” She is still your wife. Its a chance to make things right–”

‘ So I should tell her the truth? I asked.

He heaved a sigh of relief then continued ” Well , thats a wrong turn… Dont bail the cat yet, in time it will escape”

‘ Besides now, you haven’t been unfaithful, have you? He asked.

The day weared away as the sun kissed the earth goodnight, with its yellow rays setting at the far west.

Kate was not yet back, neither was David.

I sat near the dinning table, glancing at the mouth watering food I had prepared.

I manipulated the urgency and made it worth while.

I waited. Then my phone rang.

It was Maxwell on the other end.

” Bad news, bro! ‘ He said.

” I’ve had quite enough doze since last night’ I said ‘ drop the bomb. Whats it Max?

” Its Kate— ”

I became frantic. Stood up immediately, nearly ran mad. What happened to Kate?*

” What do you mean? – Kate? Did anything happen to her?

I suddenly realised that my heart pace trippled, and shock waves travelled down my spine.

” Ma Nkechi, just got rushed to the hospital” He said.

” Why? What happened to Mother.’ I asked ‘ And why did Kate call you first ,instead of me?

It was a strange feeling, and it ate me up internally.

”well I’m not in the position to answer’ He said ” maybe her mind randomly selected who to call first. We are on the same team ,arent we?

” OK, what about David?

” He is with his mother, at the hospital’ Maxwell said.

” I’m on my way. Text me the address”

I zoomed off, collecting my wallet and keys to the car Tayo gave me.

I got it at a second hand price, and would pay on interval rate. It was not too flashy, but it served its purpose.

Suddenly I my phone beeped again.

Indeed today, was full of wonders and painfull uncertainties.

The devil was really a fierce master in the act of temptation.

I pushed the message view button . A text from Dami.
* :

Please meet up with me, I want us to iron things out. I’m sorry for shouting at you.
I want to understand you more.
Dont leave us now, Funmi and I need you,…. Kisses and hugs, with Love. *

I was literally baked and at crossed roads.

My arms grasped the wheel. I paused and
undecided on whom to go to:

Kate who didnt bother to call me or Funmi and her mysterious witch of a mother?

Tbc

Read more episode here: https://www.emperorblog.com.ng/?s=WHEN+LOVE+DIES
Re: When Love Dies by izaray(f): 10:37am On May 28, 2019
Thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: When Love Dies by Nobody: 12:39pm On May 29, 2019
episode 20

Katetherine

Watching someone you love so much suffer in pain and do nothing, not because you cant but simply that you have no idea what to do about it ,is enough to drive one crazy.

Mother had been sick for a while, but it never aggravated into admitting her to the hospital. She was always in pain ,complaining of cramps on her left leg. I thought it was due to high level of stress or maybe arthritis .

Unfortunately, it became worse and she slumped while performing chores at home.

My father , Orji was my role model. He had been very loving and kind towards mother. I remember him telling her how much he was willing to sacrifice for her .

He had said ” my dear, as long as this ring on my finger is round, and the circle is enternal. I will always love you in the same manner: Unending and relentless.”

I was glad to have such a wonderful family. My mother in- law came with Yvonne and Maxwell. Mimi tagged along and she brought food for everyone, a good friend indeed.

There was just one person missing.

We all sat in the room where mother was stationed. She was unconscious and maybe heard the voices in the room, but couldn’t wake up just yet. I shivered at the sight of the I.V on her arm and the machines that were plugged to her body. These type I saw in the movies but it was all real here : black and inky.

” Nne—Mama? I called out to her as she sparingly opened her eyes.

” Where am I ? She asked .

Everyone gathered round the 6 ” by 4 ” puffed bed. Some smiled ,while othes cracked jokes , especially Mimi. We were all happy that she was awake again.

” You passed out, my dear” Father began.
” I thought I’d lost you” He said smiling.

She groaned a little and touched her leg.

The door opened as a female doctor entered . She was in her forties and wore medicated eye glasses. I could tell from her looks that trouble loomed in the corner. She checked the vitals of mother and read some numbers on the machines.
When she was done I broke the silence..

” What’s the status of my mother’ s health , doctor?

” She is currently stable” She said ” From her medical history we found out that her leg pains had triggered some hormones in her neuro path ,resulting in a heart attack. ”

Everyone paused and shivers circulated my body. I was sure to notice that others felt it too. It was contagious. We wanted to hear more but definitely not bad news.

The doctor looked straight into my eyes then said, ” She suffered from DVT- Deep Vein Thrombosis. Clotted blood in the deep veins of the leg. It was incubated for a long time and can only be corrected through surgery”

” What happens if she doesnt under go the surgery” Maxwell asked, very concerned.

” I’m sorry , but she might never walk again”

After that revelation. The door opened again and this time it was Gabriel. He greeted everyone , hugged me and kissed his son on the forehead. I wished he had not come at all .To me , he meant bad omen. I sighed.

Weeks passed and I visited my mother concurrently. Sometimes I went with David, other times Mimi came too.I tried everything possible to raise even just a half payment to presume treatment for mother.

Gabriel stopped going out to work. He suddenly changed overnight. I was amazed how he took care of David whenever ever I slept the night over at the hospital. This was good but I needed his cash now, his loving support too.

He would cook me delicious meals. Put them in a flask and gave me kisses like biscuits and sweets , whenever I left home for St Francis’ hospital.

I was happy indeed. He went back to craft making. I suspected that he had resigned from work .

” Love, I hope am not a bother to your work life? I asked him ” I don’t want to impose ”

“Not at all my love. You are a blessing to me. You come first before work. And besides I miss my family so much”.

I was delighted to hear him admit the truth. If I had any doubts about him before. They were all probably gone with the wind. I just hope his sudden sweetness lasts. That it was not just a joke.

Damilola

He never came back to me. He was very discern in his reply text

” Dami , I’ve been fooling around for a long time time. Now you know the truth about me. Lets just put things behind us.
I loved Funmi as I do my own son . I was willing to stay, but you pushed me away. If destiny brings us back together, remind me not to ever treat you special.”

I managd to surpress the feeling for the first week but then I suddenly missed Gabe and so did Funmi.

” Mummy daddy does not come home to us again. ” She asked me just like a child would ” I miss him. Has he left us again?

I played the cool and calm card with her. ” Of course not baby. Daddy just went on a trip to England. He will be back soon”

It hurt me badly to see her suffer again. I stopped attending functions. I would spend all my time thinking of ways to get him back. I suddenly became desperate.

I imagined him being happy with his wife. His fresh breathe as he would kiss her and whisper into her ears those three magic words. I wanted to hear those words from him. To feel his chest brush against my tender bo*bs and feel him inside me.My imaginations grew wild, and I found myself masturbating.

Everything started to disgust me.I lost interest in practically almost anything.

” Ma–…. Mr Rick is waiting for you in the board room” My secretry informed me as she waited patiently for my answer.

” Call off the meeting. Tell him ” Love Blooms” is not interested in the deal any longer- ”

” But Ma– ” She said, interrupting my speech. ” Mr Ricky is our biggest client and his offer is by far the largest in this third quarter.We can’t afford to loose him”

” If you don’t want to loose your job , give him five minutes to leave . If he doesn’t , drag him out of my farm, else you loose your head too ” I said looking mean and bitter.

” Kemi please stop. I’m tired of hearing those words” I said.

“which of them? The part that you are digging your own grave. Or the part that you are worried over a married man.?

” Both.”

She frowned as I looked away giving her the red card to stop getting on my nerves.

” Dami. I can’t let you go down the same road which your mother did…. Gosh ! Damiiiiiii , a mistress ?Ahhhhh??

” Mistress? You must be joking. He is mine, I met him single, so I don’t care about his wife. ” I yelled out to her.

The taunting didn’t stop there , Kemi kept rambling about mistress this , mistress that ,into my ears for days. I nearly lost it and shot her brains out with my 9mm.

Lucky for her the bullets were not in the cartridge.

Now he didnt even return my calls.I was going to do anything possible to get him back. I don’t mind hurting Kate in the process.
Re: When Love Dies by Nobody: 12:39pm On May 29, 2019
episode 21

* Mind game *

* The heart of man is a battle field. The raging war between good and bad. It never ends**** it never does**

Gabriel

” What will happen to the chicken? David asked.
I gave him a big smile and rubbed off the blood of the poor fowl on its feathers. I made sure it bled out properly and no blood missed the hole in the ground.

” You see” I began ” I don’t really know but I’m certain it will be in a better place after here”

He grinned and brushed his finger tips on the back of the bird’s corpse.

“Daddy? ” He said” Will it go to heaven? I want it to be happy in heaven”

I picked up the shining silver coated knife and we made for the kitchen through the back door. All the while , I thought of a perfect answer for his question.

” Maybe. Wouldn’t want it to go to hell, now , would we ? I replied, pouring a hot kettle of water on the chicken which was now in a deep bowl.

I was once inquisitive and curious, just like him. My mother would always find hope in any thing possible. Even when it seemed impossible , she saw a bright spark in the dark.

” Daddy. Our teacher said that bad people always go to hell” He said , raising his eyebrows.

” Often times , they do ” I said ” but our friend here isn’t bad . So we are hopeful, it ends up in heaven”

I smiled again and watched as he tried to pull off the feathers, in the steaming water.

I prepared a dish which I knew was Kathy’s favourite. The stew pasta was delicious and alluring. We set the table for lunch and by some chance of coincidence, Kate arrived with my mother and Yvonne.

Everyone sat at the table and we had a really wonderful family time. I missed this.

” Gabriel’ Mother said” Please , tell me . When do you plan to give me another grandchild ?

She was serious and smirked her lips.

” Hah!! Mummy ” Yvonne scolded her ” you are being too harsh on him. At least let them decide if its the right time for that—–”

“It is o! David is almost 7 now, and he needs a sibling” Mother cut in.

I blushed unexpectedly. A bone nearly went down my throat. I looked at Kate who was now red all over with blushes. It suddenly felt like we were kids. I could feel the tension in the air. I tried to remain calm.

” We are actually on it , mother” Kate replied. Her gaze locked up into mine.

” Another baby means more expenses”. I said, looking shy and cooked up” Besides we need to raise money for mother’s surgery”

” We can manage. A girl will do. Right Love? Kate uttered those words that kept me spinning in the atmosphere.

” Yeah!! ” David exclaimed ” Finally , I’ll have a sister”

” Yes you will, soon. Now eat finish you food first. ” Mother said, pointing to spoonfulls of rice grains on his plate.

We had not planned for another baby, not yet though. I felt uneasy about the idea. And the concept of a baby girl, brought Funmi to mind.

They continued with their chat, while I slowly drifted off in thoughts. Yvonne queried Kate for updates on her latest beauty tips. Dave bragged about his prowess in the class room. Mother mesmerised them on how she was the prom queen back in her days.

I watched. Then my phone rang. It was Kemi on the calling end. I dared not pick this call in front of everyone. I excused myself and left through the back .

” She wants to kill herself , please help me o.” Her voice came hurriedly.

” who wants to commit suicide? I said ” Why did you call? And why are you crying?

I could hear her snivell. She was crying. Her voice started to sink deep in whimpering.

” Gabriel, please I need you here o . Its a matter of life and death o….. Please ”

” Why? I asked, confused.

” Dami tried to kill herself this morning….. I rushed her to the hospital and she has not been revived yet o. Please help me, I’m confused o. ” She said.

A truckload of shivers swam upstream my nerves. Why would Dami have suicidal tendencies? And why did Kemi call me? Doesn’t she have other relatives?.

I stole back into the house . They were still on with their discussions. I grabbed my car keys. And made for the door like a sheep to the slaughter.
“where to ? ” Mom asked.

I stopped abruptly at the door.

” I have to take care of something.” I said.

” The something has no name? Mother continued.
” I’ll be back soon ” I said, and dashed out to the streets.

Why take painkillers to overdose ?. She had really lost her mind.

The traffic was meandering and cars honked left and right.

I finally got there and went straight to the reception. The nurse had a babyish look and from her facial features I assumed she was one of those newly certified graduates from nursing school. Probably undergoing internship.

” Damilola , Akehinde. Please? I enquired.

” Take a turn left, down the hallway. The third door by your……”

She was halfway when Kemi popped out from God knows where.

” This way…Thank God you are here.” She said dragging me along.

I thanked the nurse and followed the frantic human being in form of Kemi. She pushed the door open and the sight of Lola woke feelings in me, that I thought were already dead.

” Daddy!!!!” Funmi exclaimed with joy and hugged me tightly, like her life depended on it.

“How are you doing, princess? ” .

“Fine daddy. Please make mummy wake up.” Her eyes were heavy. She had been weeping bitterly.

I had a soft spot for her . No doubt I came running as fast as I could. If not for Oluwafunmi, I wouldn’t blink twice to kill Dami myself.

The doctors came later and it was almost evening. I had to leave and this time for good. Then , a voice in me kept on saying: don’t leave the poor girl all by herself. Have pity on her. She is still a child.

I kissed Funmi on the head. She was now sound asleep in my arms. I passed her to Kemi on the opposite chair.

“I’ll be on my way now. Call me when She wakes up.
Kemi nodded in approval.

” Gabriel…?.” Dami called out in a weak tone.
” Gabe.. is that you? She continued” I’m sorry… I really am”.

I turned and took her arms , folded them in mine. I wanted to stab her with a syringe. Yet, I couldn’t help it but have pity on her.

She blinked. Her lips were now pale and dry. I could tell that she had really drugged herself to insanity.

” Why did you do it? You could have killed yourself.” I said” And your daughter will grow up not only without a father but also a mother”

” Tell her o. She is stubborn” Kemi blurtted out from behind.

” Gabriel..Gabby..” Lola stammered as she squeezed my palms firmly.

” Shhhh..don’t talk too much. You need to rest” I said and put my index finger on her lips.
” I will be on my way now. Please get well soon. For your daughter sake. She needs you.”

I tried to move but again, Lola’s palms hindered me. She drew me back and looked deep into my eyes.

” Please don’t leave me . Don’t leave again. Please , I need you. We need you. ”

” Dami—-”

She cut me short ” I know. You are married. It doesn’t matter to me. I won’t force you to work for me anymore. Just stay… I love you …Gabriel”.

She paused . maybe she saw the shock in my eyes.

” Yes I do.. ” She continued ” I’ ve loved you from the first day we met. Please stay. Don’t ever leave me. I might die if you do”

I was stoned into silence. I tried to refrain from emotions as they surged deep into my blood. I could see them again , in her eyes. Just like the night I nearly slept with her. The fire burned and this time she wasnt drunk, she was sober. She was in control and that alone scared me the more.
Re: When Love Dies by Nobody: 12:40pm On May 29, 2019
episode 22

*BON Appetité Restaurant.

*PORT HARCOURT, Nigeria.

Saturday.
3PM GMT.

Gabriel

The waiters dashed to and fro in different directions. The pattern which they moved was spectacular. Their attire resonated brilliance and mastercraft combined with a touch of excellence.

” Bon aprés midi, Monsieurs ” A waiter cut me short in my thoughts. He stood tall in his 6” physique. His teeth adorned his welcome royalè of a smile. In their grandeur and all splendour( the typical French taste)

” Bon aprés midi, çava? ” Tayo replied.

I was not surprised to hear him speak the tongue. (He bagged a Bsc in international studies and diplomacy) . He was fluent and just then I admired his style.
Even when he was into shipping biz, he was versatile in languages.

ӂava bien, Merci, et toi? The waiter said.

I stared blankly as the duo chanted endlessly in a tongue I was not so interested break even a chalk for- Not today ,atleast.

The waiter left. He returned minutes later, with french delicacies.

Words alone cant describe what the aroma did to my gastric chamber.
I consumed the food like it was my last meal on earth. I savored the thrill.

I went back into time. (literally, it was a mini flashback)

My last encounter with Damilola.
She had begged me to stay, promising me wealth and a comfortable life.

The machines in the room seemed to follow my heart’s pace. I had been resistant and impervious.

The stench of drugs and sickness bullied my nostrils. Kemi and Funmi were already on the bench, dosing off with sleep.

I looked at Lola ,who was bent on ruining my life.

” Lets just keep our distance” I said ” We tend to loose in the end if we keep seeing each other. Our loved ones would suffer”

Her eyes had this look, that could instill fear and pity at the same time , into a man’s soul.

” Then have two women in your life” She encouraged me. ” I cant stand loosing you”

I pulled away my arms from her sick bed and went backwards. I just couldnt give in to her wishes. It was now all complicated. I wished I had not accepted her initial offer.

” Please…. We have to…we have to stop this madness ” I said, squinting my eyes and stammering.

The room radiated heat all of a sudden. I could feel my pants get wet with sweat. My deepest fears had come to pass.
I hurriedly pushed the door open, and ran like a thief pursued by his own waterloo( nemesis).

Off I went , into the barren night and forgot I came with a car, only to remember when my legs started to hurt.

” Vouz comfortablès?

” oui…Merci…..” Tayo yanked me out of the thought in my head.

He was thanking the waiter who just left a moment ago.

I had’nt noticed him standing there as he waited to take more orders.

Minutes Later…..

We stood at the entrance of the glass-walled restaurant. Tayo’s car was parked a few centimeters away from mine.

I was about to pull the driver’s door when I saw a familiar figure.
Kate?? I asked myself.

She was alighting from a 2015 model End of discussion Jeep. She was not alone: A man came down with them- Mimi was there too and I could sense foul play.

I heard a motorbike engine reving from afar. It sped like it was doomed to beat time, and escape enternity.

” Get down… ‘ Tayo shouted as he jumped me with force.

Bullets rained our direction from the man behind the rider on the bike. He was masked and his Short machine gun vomitted bullets that tore the glasses of ” Bon Appetite”, leaving a map in its trail.

They zoomed off in a blink.

I landed head flat on the concrete slab, feeling a cold sensation. My skull was bleeding, so was my chest( red and bloody.

Tayo’s whole mass rested on mine. He was motionless and his white shirt soaked from the right shoulder downwards.

” Gabriel!!!…. No ooo oo!!

A voice called out
The voice was familiar.

Everything became blurred. People popped out from their hideout.

I could only see thread- like figures moving in a mirage.

” Are they dead?.”

” He is bleeding…”

” call an ambulance… Call an ambulance”

voices came and echoed in my ears. No one seemed to come to our aid.

Then I remembered….

” Adetayo?…Tayo? I said, touching him. But no! He was brick silent.

We layed in a pool of blood. I was not sure if it was real. He was unconcious (or maybe dead). He didnt move.

People gathered.

” love? Can you hear me… Stay with me…hold on…. Help is on the… Dont leave me now… Stay …stay” kate cried as she covered the blue skies with her face.

Her face was blurred.
I gasped for air , staring blankly into oblivion.

” Tayo?? …tayo… Tayo…”

I was more concerned about him than myself. My head became heavy. My eyes ached. My eyelids shut. I saw nothing . Just black…pitch Black…..

Everything else became nothing, but darkness.

Share Tweet Share

read more here: https://www.emperorblog.com.ng/?s=WHEN+LOVE+DIES

1 Like

Re: When Love Dies by Dammykrone(m): 4:37pm On May 29, 2019
Thanks 4 The Updates. This Story Is Captivating
Re: When Love Dies by Nobody: 9:13am On May 30, 2019
yungbanks electricboy treasure17 leatpussy
Re: When Love Dies by Nobody: 8:13pm On May 30, 2019
episode 23

General Hospital
Port Harcourt
Saturday
2: 30 pm GMT( 4hrs ago.)

Damilola

A day like this one, made me grow wild and sinister in thoughts. In the past , I would have resorted to something more painful and wicked to almost everyone that caused me pain.

Doctor Johnson walked into the room and I watched as he took up the charts and pretending to jot down something . Kemi had already taken Funmi home and came back briefly before she left for work.
I looked at Dr. Johnson with so much disappointment. Indeed I was.

” Why did you fool me? I asked as my eyes pryed into the chart he was holding.

” I did not … ” He said ” I only gave you a sedative because you wanted my help. So I did what I thought was best.”

” Which did not work. Are you playing games with me here?

He was surprised and turned sideways facing me , this time he put the chart on the carbinet.

” I remember giving you a shot of anaesthesia” Dr. Johnson said ” which you requested; after which I emptied your aspirin pills into the sink then flushed it down the pipe.

” You failed ! ” I shouted and twitched my muscles.

” Failed? I did not. ” He continued” I sent an SOS (an emergency alert) text message to your friend …. Kemi and left your house unnoticed.”

I wished dearly he had not done anything. I wished he had not thrown the pills down the sink, instead he could have just sholve it down his ugly a-s. I had just wasted time and energy begging for love. Gabriel must have thought me a fool or lunatic that tried to take her own life into her hands.

” When Will I get my complete payment? He said.

” You will get nothing from me. ” I relaxed my head on the bed then said ” You can leave now. I already have things under control”

” How? He asked , looking very confused.

” Its complicated.” I continued ” Just book my discharging papers so I can get the hell out of here”

He pulled the door open and I sighed biterlly.

” Oh! Lest I forget, doctor. Your report was marvelous . They actually believed that I drugged myself. That I took an overdose . Incredible job!!!” ” I said as I shook my head .

I smiled hysterically and picked up my buzzing phone on top the cabinet.. A text from an unknown sender read:
*Its done….just like you wanted it.*

St Francis Hospital
Port Harcourt
6: 30 pm GMT ( present )

Andrew

The doctors were really busy. I heard the Chief Surgeon give out instructions to her surbodinates and every hand was on deck to save the lives of Gabriel and Tayo, who properly had lost so much blood already.

” Charge CPR…. Clear … Defibrillator fused… Clear… Charge CPR… Clear… Heart rate? , pulse unstable .. Charge …. Clear.”

Mimi was shedding tears while Kate whimpered in shock. Kate had protested to join the medical team in the ER( emergency room) , but was refused entrance. Some moments later , a young man came walking down the hall way with two other ladies and a little boy.

From their discussion , I picked it up that they were family to Kate. No one talked to me- Nobody cared. The guy went up ahead and peeped through the gallery of the ER, but was scolded by a nurse who told him to leave the window.

Another lady came, disturbed and crying her lungs out. Kate identified with her as Tayo’s wife. Her husband was now in a trauma shock and slipping gradually into a coma.

* ” What have I done? ” Kate asked Mimi ” I put my husband in harm’s way”

I was eavesdropping ( and listening from a distance as they had no idea about it)

” Mimi” she continued ” Why did I follow your idea of having fun?

” Don’t blame me now” Mimi blurted out as she cleaned her face off with a handkerchief. ” You wanted to have a ” We- time remember? How is it my fault?

” I asked you to celebrate mother’s successful surgery with me. I never wanted Andy to tag along! ” Kate said ” And how come he was at the gym club for God’s sake?

” Are you kidding? ” Mimi asked ” He is a platinum member. He virtually owns the gym. Will you blame me for what I have no idea about or pray for Gabriel and Tayo’s lives?

Mimi’ s eyes turned red and her cheeks were scaly with dried tears. She began another round of crying her heart out. I had heard enough as it dawned upon me that I was at fault. If I had not forced them to have coffee with me, Tayo would have not got shot trying to save his friend. Gabriel was only surprised to see Kate in my car. If my common sense, was good enough I could have sensed danger and stopped the nonsense.

I sneaked out as they were too busy to even notice my presence – nor even when I’m gone.
Outside the entrance of the main reception, I bumped into a lady.

” Sorry…” she began.

” watch where you are going ,lady” I was indeed furious .
She was wearing high heels, very tall and was beautiful with her blonde hair.

” You watch it . ” She said” I apologised and yet you vent out your anger on me.mtchewwww”

She passed me by and I noticed as she looked left and right ( in a very suspicious manner) before she went down into the hall way. Something in me sensed that she was up to evil . I could pick a smell of danger , somewhere.
Re: When Love Dies by Nobody: 8:14pm On May 30, 2019
episode 24

Gabriel

When I regained consciousness, I felt a sting of acute pain on my head. I touched the back of it and my palms brushed briskly against the gauze and bandages used to patch it up.

I couldn’t see very clearly as my vision was still AWOL. I opened my eyes and saw my entire family with me in a small room. I was shockedand I tried to get up but a force brought me down . I looked at my arm and it was Kate’s grip- Soft and gentle, urging me to stay down.

” Rest , Love. Don’t move yet”

” Where am I? I asked after seeing things that were strange.

Kate explained everything to me and told me how Tayo had been bleeding severely. And how the doctors requested for a police report before treatment.
“….and Right now” She said ” Tayo’s in a deep Coma.Chances of him pulling it through is a 50-50 bargain. I’m sorry”.

I asked them to take me to him, but no one granted my request. I got up and this time , everybody held me down.

” Please take it easy” Maxwell grabbed my arms firmly.

I felt pain and I saw as my little boy – David – He cried bitterly. His jaws were open and tears flooded down his cheeks. Suddenly, I became weak in my bones.
“Let me see him… Please let me see him. I want to see my friend…”

Mother called on the nurses and even the janitors that were outside cleaning the corrider. Before I could say jack, a whole medical team rushed into the room.
They held me down . They brought out a big syring-very big and monsterous. I struggled . The doctor gave out orders to hold me tight. Then , the ceiling started to spin round in my eyes, that was when I noticed the syringe which stabbed deep into my veins. The pain travelled up to my elbow………

Damilola

” Please , how do I get to the ward for gunshot victims? I asked the nurse at the reception counter.

The counter was made of marble stone, and it glittered in the reflection of the energy lights that were above the hall. Behind the nurse, were posters of disease management techniques , like diabetes and co. On the wall to the right was a fire extinguisher. I sparingly looked across the hall and saw people who sat down on plastic benches and looked very depressed. The stench of drugs intensified as my nostrils surffered severely.

” Hello… Excuse me ” I continued ” Please where can I find the ward for gunshot victims?

She looked at me with suspicion and fondled her pen , then said. ” What is your mission? You want to finish someone off?…”

I smiled ” Negative . I’m just a concerned relative’

She furrowed her eyebrows then gave me directions accordingly.
*********—————

The door to Gabriel’s room was heavily guarded by two hefty men. I couldn’t get in easily , not even with my lady charms. Even if I lied to them.

*What the… you can’t be serious* I thought .
I moved past them with fear to the other end of the corridor , hoping to catch a glimpse of their weapons. Each man had a short pistol ( 9millimeters) attached to his waistline.

Just then a lady came out of a locker room to my left, while I thought of how to conquer my bloody hiderance . I pushed the door open and saw clothing of nurses and lab coats for doctors arranged properly with each cabinet having a name on it . Each contained bags with personal belongings kept safely inside.
I took a coat and a stethoscope. I walked out of the room and went back toward the men with some audacity that screamed ” Demon” as I moved.

” Let me pass , please”

The men spread out and allowed me gain a superb entrance.
Finally! I thought out loudly.

Fortunately for me, He was all alone. Perfect timing! He was sleeping peacefully like a sacrificial lamb.

I drew the chair near his bed side and called out his name as I sat down comfortably.

” Gabriel?? —- G-A-B-R-I-E- L??

His eyes opened religiously and he gazed upon me with shock. I wondered what he was thinking , I could see agony in his brown eyes. I grabbed his arms gently and gave him a big cheerful smile.

” What are you doing here? He said, as he withdrew his arms.

” Is that what they usually say? I thought its the other way round… Like ‘” What am I doing here?
I chuckled another smile.

” What’s so f—–g funny?

I stroked his forehead and he jerked as I touched his bandage.

” Easy now . You don’t want to tear up your stitches. ” I began” But tell me… Why would someone want you dead? I need you alive. I want you…. All of you… Not your corpse, but your body , soul and mind.”

He smirked his lips. ” How long have you been there? Where is Kate, my son ? Where is my family?

” Its just a few minutes , probably five. I tried to get in earlier, but hey- those guys out there: they are scary as scary can be” I joked about it.

” Why do you have a coat on you?

” Really? … Is that.. Is that all you ‘ll ask me? … What about me? –us? About Funmi? Are we not your family too?

” There is no ‘us’. There is just ‘me’ and there is ‘you.” He replied without emotions.

Tears clouded my eyes as those words bloodbathed my heart.
My lips engaged with his pale lips. He didn’t hesitate at first, he kissed me back. I could feel passion and mindblowing tension as my tears trickled down upon his cheeks.

Then, he pushed me slightly and looked away. I felt disappointed.

I whispered into his right ear.” Very good. Show less emotions and you’ll live longer”

” Excuse me…” a voice came from behind as the door creaked open.

” Mrs…Mrs… Ege…Egdege?.

I was shocked .

” Sorry to intrude ” she replied.

Smiling , I moved a little bit away from the bed but she was suspicious of me- I wondered what she was thinking.
” Well don’t be. At least not yet ”
” And you must be David” I waved at the little boy beside her. He was so gullible but very cute , just like his dad.

” How is my husband doing, doctor?

” Oh!! He is fine. For now, we just have to keep an eye on him, observing his progress. He should be out of here in two or three days. I’ll leave you now”

I walked towards the door.

” wait..”

My knee cap buckled as I turned and glanced at Katherine.

” You forgot your stethoscope” She gave it to me and smiled.

” Right. Thank you.”

I opened the door and left through the back door. I was happy with my narrow escape and planned my next line of action. In no time, Gabriel would come crawling and begging me to let him back into my life. Surely he would….Definately….

READ MORE HERE: https://www.emperorblog.com.ng/?s=WHEN+LOVE+DIES
Re: When Love Dies by izaray(f): 9:10pm On May 30, 2019
Dami leave Katherine's hubby alone na

Na by force to love somebody ni

Op thanks for the update

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Get Your Grammarly Premium Account / Checkmate Competition- Group 2 Collaboration Thread / The District Officer's Daughter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 225
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.