Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,997 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:26 AM

My Loving Mother, What Has Changed? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Loving Mother, What Has Changed? (2802 Views)

Nigerian Lady Seeks Advice On How To Stop Loving Her Husband / When Did You Realize Your Spouse Stopped Loving You? / My Wife Changed 2 Weeks After Wedding!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Loving Mother, What Has Changed? by 1Sharon(f): 1:15pm On Mar 26, 2019
ifyalways:

I see the OP ignored this. Shes obviously adorned the spiritual gown and gone her merry way with it.

While subtly calling your mom a witch, be careful ,you dont become one yourself soon.

You are arguing more now with your husband, focus on that and solve your immediate problem ie your marriage. When that packs up because you are chasing shadows, your mom will carry the blame.

You are such a wise woman smiley

1 Like

Re: My Loving Mother, What Has Changed? by 1Sharon(f): 1:33pm On Mar 26, 2019
stupidity:
You called your mom to tell her Your expectation a baby. All through the pregnancy stage she didn’t call to check on you. Then after giving birth you called to inform her. And she still caredless. How else do you want her to tell you she’s not happy with your home?

If the mum isn't happy with her home, what do you want OP to do? To leave her hubby just cos the mom said so or isn't happy?

1 Like

Re: My Loving Mother, What Has Changed? by Nobody: 1:50pm On Mar 26, 2019
1Sharon:

If the mum isn't happy with her home, what do you want OP to do? To leave her hubby just cos the mom said so or isn't happy?
oh no, don’t get me wrong. I was implying she let the mom be and never bother her again.

2 Likes

Re: My Loving Mother, What Has Changed? by Nobody: 3:26pm On Mar 26, 2019
stupidity:
oh no, don’t get me wrong. I was implying she let the mom be and never bother her again.

Thanks. I have kept a reasonable distance.
Re: My Loving Mother, What Has Changed? by Mizwisdom(f): 4:22pm On Mar 26, 2019
This is quite scary, your own child implying that you're a witch, how come she never initiated you or your siblings as kids? tomorrow if your daughter accuses you of witchcraft you will be heartbroken. pls I mean no harm I'm just a bit surprised. I think you should visit a marriage counselor to help settle the dispute between yourself and your spouse, good luck

3 Likes

Re: My Loving Mother, What Has Changed? by Nobody: 4:39pm On Mar 26, 2019
Re: My Loving Mother, What Has Changed? by Nobody: 4:44pm On Mar 26, 2019
Mizwisdom:
Might be a medical problem, probably the onset of dementia or Alzheimer

You made a valid point. These options and more have been explored.
Re: My Loving Mother, What Has Changed? by Nobody: 4:50pm On Mar 26, 2019
[
Re: My Loving Mother, What Has Changed? by Mizwisdom(f): 4:54pm On Mar 26, 2019
Mailisa:

you are too frivolous with words. Be careful. I did not imply activities of witchcraft. if you have nothing to say and you can't see beyond your proud judgemental self. move to the left. I only narrated my life experience and people replied based on their knowledge. Our actions speak louder than words. If my daughter ever implies that am a witch in future then I will boldly stand tall and seek help both for her, the problem she is facing and myself)

Now answer these questions:
1: It is right for a mother to swear for her 2-month-old grandchild in the presence of her son-in-law?
2: It is right that a mother will not support her daughter throughout pregnancy and refused foods she cooks for her?
3:it is right that a mother will try to manipulate her pregnant daughter to use a bed material she implied was given to her by her friend? and when asked to use it to make her own bed she harshly refused and continue asking me why am refusing to use it
4: it is right that while a daughter was in labor, the mother could not hold her hands but frown with scary looks? midwife noticed
5:It is right that for 7 months, her daughter has been calling her, she refused to call not even to check on her grandkids.
6: it is right that a mother could not rejoice with her daughter after getting a job, buying a house in the UK and graduating with distinction in Masters
7:Is it right that you daughter will buy you presents and mother calls them cheap referring to her life as impoverished.
7:It is right for a mother to keep asking her daughter "do you think am a witch"? why is she asking?
8: It is right that a mother openly supports another woman who has been termed a witch?
9: It is right that a mother's daughter is in labor and the mum is complaining to her dad that there is no food for her to eat? when apparently she was left with loads of food.
10. Infact somethings are shameful to bring up on here.

Like I said, my marriage is intact and that's not gonna change. I just need to make a firm decision on who remains in my life for peace to reign.

When your mum asked you if you think she's a witch, it is possible that she has heard something from someone hence her need to ask the question and be reassured. Alzheimer patients repeat questions and statements like these, they often need reassurance, patience and love. What you would have done is to ask if she heard something from somewhere that's making her ask you such, then patiently reassure her. I know an elderly lady who behaved similarly to the way your mum did. When her daughter was in labor she went home to sleep and left her there(first child birth experience).When pastors are praying, her children say she runs away. Many people called her a witch as usual. Your mum showed significant change in behavior when she visited you in UK because that's a strange environment for her, she can't function well but will be suspicious of everything and everyone because she's mentally ill, she'll function better in places where she's familiar with. It was after sometime the elderly woman was taken for medical check when they discovered that she had advanced stage of dementia/Alzheimer. Your mum might be forgetting to call you, and yes they do lay curses because they're confused. That's why I said despite all, she might be mentally ill not a witch.

2 Likes

Re: My Loving Mother, What Has Changed? by 1Sharon(f): 4:57pm On Mar 26, 2019
Mizwisdom:
This is quite scary, your own child implying that you're a witch, how come she never initiated you or your siblings as kids? tomorrow if your daughter accuses you of witchcraft you will be heartbroken. pls I mean no harm I'm just a bit surprised. I think you should visit a marriage counselor to help settle the dispute between yourself and your spouse, good luck

And OP is supposed to be a doctor

3 Likes

Re: My Loving Mother, What Has Changed? by 1Sharon(f): 5:06pm On Mar 26, 2019
Mailisa:

you are too frivolous with words. Be careful. I did not imply activities of witchcraft. if you have nothing to say and you can't see beyond your proud judgemental self. move to the left. I only narrated my life experience and people replied based on their knowledge. Our actions speak louder than words. If my daughter ever implies that am a witch in future then I will boldly stand tall and seek help both for her, the problem she is facing and myself)

Now answer these questions:
1: It is right for a mother to swear for her 2-month-old grandchild in the presence of her son-in-law?
2: It is right that a mother will not support her daughter throughout pregnancy and refused foods she cooks for her?
3:it is right that a mother will try to manipulate her pregnant daughter to use a bed material she implied was given to her by her friend? and when asked to use it to make her own bed she harshly refused and continue asking me why am refusing to use it
4: it is right that while a daughter was in labor, the mother could not hold her hands but frown with scary looks? midwife noticed
5:It is right that for 7 months, her daughter has been calling her, she refused to call not even to check on her grandkids.
6: it is right that a mother could not rejoice with her daughter after getting a job, buying a house in the UK and graduating with distinction in Masters
7:Is it right that you daughter will buy you presents and mother calls them cheap referring to her life as impoverished.
7:It is right for a mother to keep asking her daughter "do you think am a witch"? why is she asking?
8: It is right that a mother openly supports another woman who has been termed a witch?
9: It is right that a mother's daughter is in labor and the mum is complaining to her dad that there is no food for her to eat? when apparently she was left with loads of food.
10. Infact somethings are shameful to bring up on here.

Like I said, my marriage is intact and that's not gonna change. I just need to make a firm decision on who remains in my life for peace to reign.

Every thing you've listed above seems like either frustration, envy, bitterness or mental health issues from ur mother.

For instance my own mother didn't rejoice at my achievements too cos she felt like I didn't deserve it. Just try and make sense of it

3 Likes

Re: My Loving Mother, What Has Changed? by czarina(f): 5:07pm On Mar 26, 2019
Gloriagee:
You've never accused your mum of witchcraft but she keeps saying, hey I'm not one. By all means, protect yourself and your family first. The worst lies are those we tell ourselves so your first step to recovery is to acknowledge that something is not right. Do not divulge any unnecessary info. For Chrissakes, pray, pray and pray. If you dont know what to pray about, try Prayer Rain by Dr. D. K Olukoya. It must end in praise
Hiya...can you point me in the right direction. I need that prayer rain in E-book format please. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: My Loving Mother, What Has Changed? by Nobody: 5:08pm On Mar 26, 2019
1Sharon:

Every thing you've listed above seems like either frustration, envy, bitterness or mental health issues from ur mother.

For instance my own mother didn't rejoice at my achievements too cos she felt like I didn't deserve it. Just try and make sense of it

Thank you and noted.
Re: My Loving Mother, What Has Changed? by Nobody: 5:11pm On Mar 26, 2019
czarina:
Hiya...can you point me in the right direction. I need that prayer rain in E-book format please. Thanks.

Have you checked Amazon?
Re: My Loving Mother, What Has Changed? by czarina(f): 5:15pm On Mar 26, 2019
Mailisa:

Have you checked Amazon?
I thought I could download for free on any of the church's website. Now that you mentioned it, I could spare some money for it. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: My Loving Mother, What Has Changed? by Nobody: 5:16pm On Mar 26, 2019
1Sharon:

And OP is supposed to be a doctor

Don't be sarcastic. It's there a problem with me being a Dr? No man is all knowing.
Re: My Loving Mother, What Has Changed? by Nobody: 5:18pm On Mar 26, 2019
czarina:
I thought I could download for free on any of the church's website. Now that you mentioned it, I could spare some money for it. Thanks.

It's worth it. You are welcome

2 Likes

Re: My Loving Mother, What Has Changed? by Nobody: 5:31pm On Mar 26, 2019
Mizwisdom:

When your mum asked you if you think she's a witch, it is possible that she has heard something from someone hence her need to ask the question and be reassured. Alzheimer patients repeat questions and statements like these, they often need reassurance, patience and love. What you would have done is to ask if she heard something from somewhere that's making her ask you such, then patiently reassure her. I know an elderly lady who behaved similarly to the way your mum did. When her daughter was in labor she went home to sleep and left her there(first child birth experience).When pastors are praying, her children say she runs away. Many people called her a witch as usual. Your mum showed significant change in behavior when she visited you in UK because that's a strange environment for her, she can't function well but will be suspicious of everything and everyone because she's mentally ill, she'll function better in places where she's familiar with. It was after some time the elderly woman was taken for the medical check when they discovered that she had an advanced stage of dementia/Alzheimer. Your mum might be forgetting to call you, and yes they do lay curses because they're confused. That's why I said despite all, she might be mentally ill not a witch.

You are sensible, and appear knowledgeable to the signs of dementia and Alzheimer. I am not surprised if you are one of those that see spirituality as gibberish and thus live in denial.

My mum is age 54, of sound mind, very educated, drives a Mercedes-Benz E class no driver, she runs multiple businesses, she is active in church and very popular, calls all my siblings except me, whatever she says stand. There was no cultural change shock on her visit because she has visited the Uk, Us, Barbados, Australia severally on her own independent holiday. When I look at the symptoms of dementia and Alzheimer she doesn't fit in. Maybe am missing a clue, but I will continue to seek wisdom from God.

3 Likes

Re: My Loving Mother, What Has Changed? by Gloriagee(f): 5:39pm On Mar 26, 2019
Don't know about the e version but hope this helps

https://www.mountainoffire.org/pmch/archives

Cheers

quote author=czarina post=77008730]Hiya...can you point me in the right direction. I need that prayer rain in E-book format please. Thanks. [/quote]
Re: My Loving Mother, What Has Changed? by czarina(f): 6:06pm On Mar 26, 2019
Gloriagee:
Don't know about the e version but hope this helps

https://www.mountainoffire.org/pmch/archives

Cheers

quote author=czarina post=77008730]Hiya...can you point me in the right direction. I need that prayer rain in E-book format please. Thanks.
Thanks. I saw the monthly prayer pamphlets, downloaded those.

They're old ones though but then, prayer never gets old. Will check on amazon for the Prayer Rain book like the op mentioned. Thanks again.
Re: My Loving Mother, What Has Changed? by CAPSLOCKED: 6:12pm On Mar 26, 2019
1Sharon:

SOME MOTHERS ARE THE WORST.

3 Likes

Re: My Loving Mother, What Has Changed? by Graxie(f): 7:04pm On Mar 26, 2019
Mailisa:

You are sensible, and appear knowledgeable to the signs of dementia and Alzheimer. I am not surprised if you are one of those that see spirituality as gibberish and thus live in denial.

My mum is age 54, of sound mind, very educated, drives a Mercedes-Benz E class no driver, she runs multiple businesses, she is active in church and very popular, calls all my siblings except me, whatever she says stand. There was no cultural change shock on her visit because she has visited the Uk, Us, Barbados, Australia severally on her own independent holiday. When I look at the symptoms of dementia and Alzheimer she doesn't fit in. Maybe am missing a clue, but I will continue to seek wisdom from God.
Beloveth, don't bother explaining yourself to some people, I suggest you close the thread and work with the good advice you have gotten. They will soon turn it against you. I know what it means to have a terrible person around you. Just rest in the finished work of Christ via your confession. Remember their are witches and wizards in nairaland. You are exposing family household enemy, SATAN, there must be resistance from his agents. Shalom.

2 Likes

Re: My Loving Mother, What Has Changed? by Nobody: 7:55pm On Mar 26, 2019
Graxie:
Beloveth, don't bother explaining yourself to some people, I suggest you close the thread and work with the good advice you have gotten. They will soon turn it against you. I know what it means to have a terrible person around you. Just rest in the finished work of Christ via your confession. Remember their are witches and wizards in nairaland. You are exposing family household enemy, SATAN, there must be resistance from his agents. Shalom.

Thanks for your resounding advice. I sincerely appreciate your contributions. May God continue to give you greater wisdom.
Please, how do I close the thread?
Re: My Loving Mother, What Has Changed? by FreeMejoor1(m): 8:16pm On Mar 26, 2019
Mailisa:

Thanks for your resounding advice. I sincerely appreciate your contributions. May God continue to give you greater wisdom.
even d Rich cries thought money was suppose to make people happy...
Re: My Loving Mother, What Has Changed? by Graxie(f): 9:46am On Mar 27, 2019
Mailisa:

I think you need to call the admin attention to help you and close the thread. Tell the admin that you have gotten what you wanted. Call the attention of royalroy or mynd.

1 Like

Re: My Loving Mother, What Has Changed? by tabithababy(f): 9:58am On Mar 27, 2019
Your mum supported your marriage
Re: My Loving Mother, What Has Changed? by Theyoungmatron: 3:23pm On Mar 27, 2019
Mailisa:

You are trying to diagnose your mother yourself instead of taking her to hospital.

Who knows what she have as many people has undiagnosed brain tumors that alters their emotion and thinking processes. An African will rather pray and fast for the rest of their life than to go to a hospital and have their body most especially their brain analysed.
Then, you are calling your mother a witch even quarreling with your husband and your siblings while pointing your leprous finger on your mother. Ma'am i[b] THINK THE PROBLEM HERE IS YOU...YOU ARE GODDAMN PARANOID AND MUST BE SEEING ISSUES WHERE THERE IS NONE
[/b]
NO WONDER YOUR MOTHER like hell.....

2 Likes

Re: My Loving Mother, What Has Changed? by Nobody: 3:54pm On Mar 27, 2019
Theyoungmatron:

You are trying to diagnose your mother yourself instead of taking her to hospital.

Who knows what she have as many people has undiagnosed brain tumors that alters their emotion and thinking processes. An African will rather pray and fast for the rest of their life than to go to a hospital and have their body most especially their brain analysed.
Then, you are calling your mother a witch even quarreling with your husband and your siblings while pointing your leprous finger on your mother. Ma'am i[b] THINK THE PROBLEM HERE IS YOU...YOU ARE GODDAMN PARANOID AND MUST BE SEEING ISSUES WHERE THERE IS NONE
[/b]
NO WONDER YOUR MOTHER like hell.....
I have no words for you. My parents do have 3 monthly check up overseas� sorry to burst your bubble. I don't diagnose or treat family members�. To help your miserable self, you might do with some financial elevation as you sound both lame and gullible. Sorry, try next post if you are looking for fame. No one has called anyone a witch � where did you get that from? Very petty and pathetic you are.

2 Likes

Re: My Loving Mother, What Has Changed? by Mizwisdom(f): 6:36pm On Mar 27, 2019
Mailisa:
I have no words for you. My parents do have 3 monthly check up overseas� sorry to burst your bubble. I don't diagnose or treat family members�. To help your miserable self, you might do with some financial elevation as you sound both lame and gullible. Sorry, try next post if you are looking for fame. No one has called anyone a witch � where did you get that from? Very petty and pathetic you are.

3monthly check up overseas? now, that's a lie and you know it grin even Buhari doesn't get 3 monthly check ups abroad grin

1 Like

Re: My Loving Mother, What Has Changed? by Nobody: 9:16pm On Mar 27, 2019
Mizwisdom:

3monthly check up overseas? now, that's a lie and you know it grin even Buhari doesn't get 3 monthly check ups abroad grin
It will be interesting if I told a lie to you. To what benefit? Just because you can't afford it does not mean others can't. Buhari is a citizen of Nigeria, what is he entitled to? I bet you get the drift now, if not sorry I can't help you doubting Thomas.

This post is closed! Thanks for all your response.
Re: My Loving Mother, What Has Changed? by Theyoungmatron: 11:55am On Mar 28, 2019
Mailisa:
Frustrated and paranoid Mailisa.
Mizwisdom:

You dey mind the " everybody is against me holier than thou UK-house buying daughter of a perceived witch".

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dear Parents,Gather here and talk your own. / Reforms To Make Emotional Abuse Illegal / What To Do When Denied Sex By Your Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.