Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,793 members, 7,817,291 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:40 AM

Why I Want To Be Senate President – Ndume - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Want To Be Senate President – Ndume (17434 Views)

Akpabio Is President's Preferred Candidate For Senate President – Ndume (Video) / It’s My Turn To Be Senate President - Orji Uzor Kalu Declares / Goodwill Akpabio Wants To Be Senate President By Joining APC - Premium Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Want To Be Senate President – Ndume by sirequity(m): 9:33am On Mar 26, 2019
Ali Ndume, lawmaker representing Borno South at the Senate has joined the race on who becomes the next Senate President in the coming 9th Senate.

This comes a day after the current leader of the upper legislative chamber, Ahmed Lawan, indicated his interest for the exalted office.

Mr Ndume, a former Senate Leader made his intention known in an intent letter he wrote to Adams Oshiomhole, the national chairman of the All Progressive Congress (APC).

The lawmaker who hails from the North East geo-political zone, also made the epistle, dated March 25, available to news men saying his reason for seeking the exalted position is to help take the country to the next level.

“Following the successful conduct of the 2019 general election and the overwhelming victory of our great party, the APC at all levels, I hereby forward my letter of intent to contest for the office of the President of the Senate in the 9th National Assembly,” Mr Ndume who was the Minority Leader during the 6th House of Representatives wrote.

“I wish to emphasise that my decision to contest for the Senate Presidency is informed by my conviction to contribute my quota to nation building.

“My vast legislative experience and my deep desire to take Nigeria to the next level of development are reasons for contesting,” the lawmaker said.

Source: https://politicstimesng.com/why-i-want-to-be-senate-president-ndume/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Want To Be Senate President – Ndume by HalepSimon: 9:35am On Mar 26, 2019
Good. I prefer this man to that Saraki puppet called Lawan.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Want To Be Senate President – Ndume by Shelumiel: 9:37am On Mar 26, 2019
Ehn ehn...a Boko-haram chieftain wishes to become senate president .Wonders shall never end .

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Want To Be Senate President – Ndume by MANNABBQGRILLS: 1:01pm On Mar 26, 2019
We must get it right at the senate this time around.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I Want To Be Senate President – Ndume by ishowdotgmail(m): 1:01pm On Mar 26, 2019
Ahmed Lawan or nobody

1 Like

Re: Why I Want To Be Senate President – Ndume by vanida6: 1:02pm On Mar 26, 2019
Ndume is ok for Senate

1 Like

Re: Why I Want To Be Senate President – Ndume by BruncleZuma: 1:02pm On Mar 26, 2019
This mumu terrorist sympathiser

1 Like

Re: Why I Want To Be Senate President – Ndume by olaolulazio(m): 1:02pm On Mar 26, 2019
I think this man is better than Lawan...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Want To Be Senate President – Ndume by Nobody: 1:02pm On Mar 26, 2019
“I wish to emphasise that my decision to contest for the Senate Presidency is informed by my conviction to contribute my quota to nation building"
Na dis part e spoil everything cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why I Want To Be Senate President – Ndume by clinsman1: 1:02pm On Mar 26, 2019
Let's watch and see...gojeeee
Re: Why I Want To Be Senate President – Ndume by neolboy(m): 1:03pm On Mar 26, 2019
Just waiting for another Saraki's game to play out since all of them are jostling for the seat

1 Like

Re: Why I Want To Be Senate President – Ndume by Groovenaija360(m): 1:03pm On Mar 26, 2019
cheesy
Re: Why I Want To Be Senate President – Ndume by richidinho(m): 1:03pm On Mar 26, 2019
ghen ghen
wahala don start be that

1 Like

Re: Why I Want To Be Senate President – Ndume by freemanbubble: 1:03pm On Mar 26, 2019
Okay
Re: Why I Want To Be Senate President – Ndume by Nbote(m): 1:03pm On Mar 26, 2019
D same man who was fingered to as a Boko Haram sponsor is talking of heading d nation's lawmaking chambers and ediots above see nothing wrong in it simply becos dey still somehow assume Saraki is at play? Our problem in dis country isn't with leadership but with followership

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Want To Be Senate President – Ndume by agnesokonkoh: 1:05pm On Mar 26, 2019
okay
Re: Why I Want To Be Senate President – Ndume by Yankee101: 1:06pm On Mar 26, 2019
He was implicated in giving numbers to boko haram where they called and threatened prominent Nigerians

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Want To Be Senate President – Ndume by GOFRONT(m): 1:07pm On Mar 26, 2019
Bokoharam sponsor.....More opportunity to finance BH activities....

Las las na Nigerian Army go suffer am...

2 Likes

Re: Why I Want To Be Senate President – Ndume by nutripot: 1:08pm On Mar 26, 2019
This man can't be Senate President. He has been funding Boko Haram for years.

APC is a confused party full of lunatics.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Want To Be Senate President – Ndume by Carmal90(m): 1:10pm On Mar 26, 2019
HalepSimon:
Good. I prefer this man to that Saraki puppet called Lawan.

Lawal is, was and will never be saraki boy..saraki and pdp has a different plan though

6 Likes

Re: Why I Want To Be Senate President – Ndume by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 1:11pm On Mar 26, 2019
Shelumiel:
Ehn ehn...a Boko-haram chieftain wishes to become senate president .Wonders shall never end .

Yes.
Like play, like play. While we were watching Big Brother, while we refused to get PVCs and vote, while we refused to protest the stealing of our mandate, Boko Haram has taken over the Nigerian government.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Want To Be Senate President – Ndume by InaNla(f): 1:12pm On Mar 26, 2019
BOKO HARAM

1 Like

Re: Why I Want To Be Senate President – Ndume by OmoManU: 1:15pm On Mar 26, 2019
I don't support the idea of Senate Presidency going to the north, what happened to South South

Our great party the APC should please handle this issue of legislative arm seriously and well.

If it must go to the north, it should be lawan and the South East for speakership in the spirit of fairness and equity.

That way sgf should come to the North Central or South South.

1 Like

Re: Why I Want To Be Senate President – Ndume by Mowoe(m): 1:17pm On Mar 26, 2019
post=77001895:
We must get it right at the senate this time around.

I like how you pay so much attention to politics but Sometimes I'm left wondering if you've got nothing else doing, like, don't you have meat to roast? Don't you have customers?

Please don't ask about me, I'm jobless!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Want To Be Senate President – Ndume by Nobody: 1:18pm On Mar 26, 2019
Nbote:
Our problem in dis country isn't with leadership but with followership

Leadership plays a part in our problems too, but Fellowship is a major problem.
Re: Why I Want To Be Senate President – Ndume by OGHENAOGIE(m): 1:24pm On Mar 26, 2019
SunnyskyTG:

Leadership plays a part in our problems too, but Fellowship is a major problem.
see good followers who are supporting d idea dat senators are lobbying president when de shd be lobbying their colleagues...in a sane society...senators ll campaign to their colleagues and the best ll be pick...we are here shouting useless party supremacy...even UK wer dee is parliamentary party supremacy see as may party members de put her on her toes for brexit issues...
but I thought danjuma goje was contesting too we ve not heard anything about his aspirations and ideas...
Re: Why I Want To Be Senate President – Ndume by leonardosomto(m): 1:26pm On Mar 26, 2019
Has the judge cleared him of having affairs with the dreaded bh

1 Like

Re: Why I Want To Be Senate President – Ndume by ItzDonDaddy(m): 1:31pm On Mar 26, 2019
Re: Why I Want To Be Senate President – Ndume by MalcoImX: 1:32pm On Mar 26, 2019
Saraki don enter soup be dat!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

EFCC On Secret Operation At APC Convention / 2023: Is Tinubu's Old Age A Testament Of Great Blessing? / 2023: Bala Mahmud, Others Defect To PDP In Kwara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.