Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,441 members, 7,823,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:59 PM

How Will The New Minimum Wage Affect My Current Salary? - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Will The New Minimum Wage Affect My Current Salary? (31036 Views)

How Much Is Your Current Salary? / Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? / Does New Minimum Wage Affect All Salary Earners? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Will The New Minimum Wage Affect My Current Salary? by ibechris(m): 12:59pm On Oct 13, 2019
Idaytesj29:

How can they be earning it when its a proposed pay? undecided

It is a proposed pay for all ministry while it had already being received by virtually all agencies and parastatals in the country.
Re: How Will The New Minimum Wage Affect My Current Salary? by Gee64: 1:12pm On Oct 13, 2019
Government pays workers the salary they pay to their house-helps.
Well, seek your money online.
See my signature below for survey jobs platform that pays Nigerians well!
Re: How Will The New Minimum Wage Affect My Current Salary? by Innobee99(m): 2:08pm On Oct 15, 2019
GoldenJulius:

Not all government job sir, do proper findings.
Government job are in categories, we have commissions, agencies and ministries.
Level 8 worker salary at NCC can't be compare to that of level 8 worker at ministries.
A level 8 worker in any ministry is not above 55k
Agencies earn higher same as commissions
Guess the OP refers to one the independent commissions like CBN, FIRS, NCC, DPR, etc
Paramilitaries and police pays better too
Thanks for the insight

1 Like

Re: How Will The New Minimum Wage Affect My Current Salary? by GoldenJulius(m): 7:22am On Oct 18, 2019
dalongjnr:

Negotiations are in progress, labour is holding to 29% increment. But, you know negotiate is an art,let's cross our fingers. Let's assume they settled for 9%, then that's the 9/40 × 100=22.5% of the supposed 40% increment of the agreed minimum wage.
But if they can pull 18-21 of 40% then the guys know their work well. For now labor is holding to 29%
Bro can you do a 20% calculation for a level 8 salary earner as approved. Thanks
Re: How Will The New Minimum Wage Affect My Current Salary? by Nobody: 10:16am On Oct 18, 2019
dalongjnr:

No sir,elementary maths will tell u that 18 is greater than 12 if you are to subtract from 30. and if you are using % to measure, then you will understand that 18 is 60% of 30 & 12 is 40% of 30 then deduce the difference.
So 12k + 18k= 30k, hence, the 40% increment.
Someone on 50k salary with 20% increase, how much is the salary. thanks
Re: How Will The New Minimum Wage Affect My Current Salary? by Nobody: 11:26am On Oct 18, 2019
R2bees:
Someone on 50k salary with 20% increase, how much is the salary. thanks
Re: How Will The New Minimum Wage Affect My Current Salary? by GARRIYELLOW: 12:55pm On Oct 25, 2019
bling01:
And i am on level 8 in Michael Okpara University Umudike earning 92k. Who cursed MOUAU?
Please I sent you a mail. Trying to contact you on NL but don't know how to go about it. I only want to ask a few a questions please.
Kindly reply.

Thanks
Re: How Will The New Minimum Wage Affect My Current Salary? by Nostradamus: 9:11pm On Dec 07, 2019
dave4rella:

Para military pays that and even more
do you have any idea the estimate pay for Dss?
Re: How Will The New Minimum Wage Affect My Current Salary? by dave4rella(m): 9:28pm On Dec 07, 2019
Nostradamus:
do you have any idea the estimate pay for Dss?

No idea sir
Re: How Will The New Minimum Wage Affect My Current Salary? by Olumyyde(m): 5:35am On Dec 26, 2019
ibechris:
U are not a govt officer,how can u be working in ministry agency...?u are a born liar. And to cap it all,no individual in any parastatal or agency will be given minimum wage because by general estimation,they are already earning the proposed minimum wage.
Really think u should undo this comment. Hmmm.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

9 Skills That Will Boost Your CV And Make You Get A Job Faster / Corporals That Beat Their Superior In Lagos, Demoted / 6 Careers That Will Be Extinct In 10 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.