Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,905 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:57 PM

How Will The New Minimum Wage Affect My Current Salary? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Will The New Minimum Wage Affect My Current Salary? (30882 Views)

How Much Is Your Current Salary? / Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? / Does New Minimum Wage Affect All Salary Earners? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Will The New Minimum Wage Affect My Current Salary? by adez2016(m): 6:41pm On Oct 11, 2019
Ministry paying 120k for level 8? l doubt it!
Re: How Will The New Minimum Wage Affect My Current Salary? by ABCthings: 6:42pm On Oct 11, 2019
Gold45:
Is nairaland the best place for this?
no, cozaland. angry

1 Like

Re: How Will The New Minimum Wage Affect My Current Salary? by Jiyke(m): 6:44pm On Oct 11, 2019
cashcity:
It is no longer news that Nigerian government just passed the bill to increase minimum wage from N18, 000 to N30, 000.

I'm currently employed in one of our country's ministry agency 2yrs ago at level 8 on a salary of about N121, 000 per month.

My fellow nairalanders please help me to understand the modalities in the calculations and how the minimum wage increment is going to affect my current salary..
The minimum wage wont affect you much, you will definitely have an increase but might not be more than 7k.

The people that minimum wage will affect, is level 1 or any level receiving 18k, it will now skyrocket to 30k

2 Likes

Re: How Will The New Minimum Wage Affect My Current Salary? by Taku555(m): 6:45pm On Oct 11, 2019
rottennaija:

Which ministry is that in Nigeria that will pay you 120k for level 8? No Ministry, Agency pay that much
Stop denying what you don't know. Most of the Federal agencies pay 120,000 per month for those on level 8, even in my own Agency, Some pay N115000.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Will The New Minimum Wage Affect My Current Salary? by Nobody: 6:46pm On Oct 11, 2019
rottennaija:

Which ministry is that in Nigeria that will pay you 120k for level 8? No Ministry, Agency pay that much

It must be consolidated salary structure, like civil defence, frsc, police, immigration, customs, prison service that earn N120k plus as level 8.

5 Likes

Re: How Will The New Minimum Wage Affect My Current Salary? by Nobody: 6:46pm On Oct 11, 2019
You are being paid 120k and you still want increment in your salary.... You are a thief... What is your schedule in that your office...
You will not come work ND you will collect salary and unto of it all , you still want increment in salary....

2 Likes

Re: How Will The New Minimum Wage Affect My Current Salary? by YorubaNinja: 6:47pm On Oct 11, 2019
Enigmaticprof:
I smell lies! undecided

Re: How Will The New Minimum Wage Affect My Current Salary? by kheny12(m): 6:49pm On Oct 11, 2019
Offpoint:
When you tell us the truth about your salary we will help you... for now I commented my reservation.
grin
Re: How Will The New Minimum Wage Affect My Current Salary? by Smartwave: 6:50pm On Oct 11, 2019
rottennaija:

You're correct. Almost the salary of D/Director.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Will The New Minimum Wage Affect My Current Salary? by Taku555(m): 6:50pm On Oct 11, 2019
olasunkanmimart:

It must be consolidated salary structure, like civil defence, frsc, police, immigration, customs, prison service that earn N120k plus as level 8.
You are absolutely right! It's consolidated salary structure

3 Likes

Re: How Will The New Minimum Wage Affect My Current Salary? by dave4rella(m): 6:52pm On Oct 11, 2019
cool

I'm also interested. But nairalanders are ignorant wailers, they don't know anything

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Will The New Minimum Wage Affect My Current Salary? by 5opy: 6:53pm On Oct 11, 2019
If u ask me Na who I go ask?
Re: How Will The New Minimum Wage Affect My Current Salary? by akanbiaa(m): 6:53pm On Oct 11, 2019
cashcity:
It is no longer news that Nigerian government just passed the bill to increase minimum wage from N18, 000 to N30, 000.

I'm currently employed in one of our country's ministry agency 2yrs ago at level 8 on a salary of about N121, 000 per month.

My fellow nairalanders please help me to understand the modalities in the calculations and how the minimum wage increment is going to affect my current salary..
You will now earn close to 200k or above depending on the increment percentage they decide to adopt.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Will The New Minimum Wage Affect My Current Salary? by yemithony2012: 6:53pm On Oct 11, 2019
rottennaija:

b
Firs , pays more than that.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Will The New Minimum Wage Affect My Current Salary? by dave4rella(m): 6:53pm On Oct 11, 2019
Gforce2015:
You are being paid 120k and you still want increment in your salary.... You are a thief... What is your schedule in that your office...
You will not come work ND you will collect salary and unto of it all , you still want increment in salary....

Oh shut up kid

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Will The New Minimum Wage Affect My Current Salary? by bling01: 6:54pm On Oct 11, 2019
And i am on level 8 in Michael Okpara University Umudike earning 92k. Who cursed MOUAU?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Will The New Minimum Wage Affect My Current Salary? by dave4rella(m): 6:54pm On Oct 11, 2019
adez2016:
Ministry paying 120k for level 8? l doubt it!

Para military pays that and even more

3 Likes

Re: How Will The New Minimum Wage Affect My Current Salary? by Odss11: 6:54pm On Oct 11, 2019
I smell lies...which ministry pays that high

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Will The New Minimum Wage Affect My Current Salary? by foolbuster: 6:55pm On Oct 11, 2019
betterpikinn:

Chris Ngige said Increment in minimum wage does not mean overall salary increment for all worker undecided
This man is the most wicked and FOOLISH person to ever be a labour minister in Nigeria. HE IS THE WORST THING THAT HAS EVER HAPPENED TO LABOUR MINISTRY.
How can a so-called learned man say such rubbish?
Is he try to play smart and/or he's just playing senseless politics?

So, If junior staff on level 3 receiving 20k before starts collecting 34k, a senior staff on level 8 receiving 86k should continue to receive the same amount?

Since the last 6 years, inflation has increased by at least 150% in Nigeria in every aspect of the economy but there has NEVER been salary increament since the last 7 years?
HOW WICKED CAN THESE LEADERS BE?

It is easier for them to increase VAT
It is easier for them to increase the amount to get a passport
It is easier for them to increase PHCN tarrifs etc but simple 30k minimum wage has been giving them headace for the past 10 months cry

Nigerians dont care. The worst they can do is rant online.
The courageous ones that bring themselves out to fight all these wickedness are mocked by same nigerians, called names, accused of a million things and when they are locked up by the wicked government, nigerians laugh.

I think nigerians deserve worse of what is happening to them.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Will The New Minimum Wage Affect My Current Salary? by dalongjnr: 6:55pm On Oct 11, 2019
OK,what was the percentage increased on the last MW? which is something like
New-old wage 30-18=12
12/30(incremental difference ÷ the proclamation new wage)=0.4×100= 40%(the new percentile increment).
40/100% ×121,000=approx 48,000
The new wage will be something like 121,000+48,400~=170,000.
NB; depending on the parameters utilized for the calculation eg,basic salary(excluded other allowances), or gross/cumulative salary excluding PAYE, Union dues,mortgage bank deduction (housing scheme)......
For now,that's the little I can give you. But there are various formulas for the calculation and variables been considered.
I stand to be corrected but will give the actual formulas later.

3 Likes

Re: How Will The New Minimum Wage Affect My Current Salary? by wanger50(m): 6:56pm On Oct 11, 2019
NotNairalandi:
To Find your Salary;

Salary=121,000×8÷2=18,000

Therefore 18,000-30,000÷2/8

salary × minimum wage + Govt =7.6577

Therefore: go and ask your boss your salary Idi ot.

You must have been brought up in a broken home,possibly your Dad was absent.Another hypothesis is that you were brought up in a military barracks with your father been a rank and file(non commissioned officer)

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Will The New Minimum Wage Affect My Current Salary? by santakris(m): 6:56pm On Oct 11, 2019
rottennaija:

I wonder

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Will The New Minimum Wage Affect My Current Salary? by dave4rella(m): 6:56pm On Oct 11, 2019
Offpoint:
When you tell us the truth about your salary we will help you... for now I commented my reservation.

It's true, you're not just informed
Re: How Will The New Minimum Wage Affect My Current Salary? by airminem(f): 6:57pm On Oct 11, 2019
It will affect your salary in a simple way. Rob you to pay paul. Or better still, peting you with a left hand and cutting ur throat wit a right hand. Wetin i sabi sef!
Re: How Will The New Minimum Wage Affect My Current Salary? by Donpenny(m): 6:57pm On Oct 11, 2019
rottennaija:

he said he is currently working with an agency under a ministry. It could be true we have agencies in ministries such as interior that pay such. Eg Civil defense,immigration, prison and fire. All these are agencies under interior and they pay up to that for level 8 step 2

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Will The New Minimum Wage Affect My Current Salary? by Nobody: 6:57pm On Oct 11, 2019
nickxtra:
Your salary should now jump upto about 201,000 Naira per month. grin

If I say you're daft mod may bar me... But I won't say it... But you know your level
Re: How Will The New Minimum Wage Affect My Current Salary? by jonnyjustcome22: 6:58pm On Oct 11, 2019
Let us know the name of the ministry because no ministry can pay that amount for level 8 apart from agency
Re: How Will The New Minimum Wage Affect My Current Salary? by topsy70: 7:00pm On Oct 11, 2019
I doubt you mention the name of the agency . How can levdel 8 earn that much, when somebody on a far higher level like 13 is just collecting close to 100k

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Will The New Minimum Wage Affect My Current Salary? by topsy70: 7:01pm On Oct 11, 2019
I doubt you mention the name of the agency . How can level 8 earn that much, when somebody on a far higher level like 13 is just collecting close to 100k
Re: How Will The New Minimum Wage Affect My Current Salary? by Jmk9292(m): 7:01pm On Oct 11, 2019
Ministry in Jupiter and not Nigeria pays level 8 121k.....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Earn More Than Most University Graduates – Tricyclist Says / Edirin Okoloko Sworn In As Judge In USA Weeks After His Appointment. Photos / Accountant Susan Asakpa Who Drives A Cab In Abuja Tells Her Touching Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.