Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,195 members, 7,829,275 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:40 PM

Nuclear Family - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nuclear Family (4371 Views)

The Nuclear Family / Nuclear Vs Extended Family / Extended Family Or Nuclear Family, Which Do You Prefer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nuclear Family by Zebedee(m): 3:59pm On Apr 27, 2007
whats the real idea of a nuclear family
Re: Nuclear Family by cuteass1(f): 12:45am On Apr 28, 2007
Well my social studies text book and teacher in primary school defined nuclear family and i quote the text book as vividly as i remember it though wink

A nuclear family can be defined as a family made up of one man, one wife and their children cheesy (no jara wives and kids angry grin )
Re: Nuclear Family by spoilt(f): 1:16am On Apr 28, 2007
one man, one wife (with or without kids) and no nosey interlopers called in-laws. grin
Re: Nuclear Family by cuteass1(f): 1:21am On Apr 28, 2007
spoilt:

one man, one wife (with or without kids) and no nosey interlopers called in-laws. grin

Of course not!! those can take their own seats in the definition of extended famiy wink grin
Re: Nuclear Family by spoilt(f): 1:31am On Apr 28, 2007
ha! these days they think they think they deserve to stay with you permanently. this is my idea of a nuclear family.

Re: Nuclear Family by cuteass1(f): 1:46am On Apr 28, 2007
that was a cute one kiss . . the kind i know that God in his infinite mercy will grant me . AMEN ooh !!
Re: Nuclear Family by titilayomi(f): 1:01pm On Apr 30, 2007
This is cute cute cute.
Re: Nuclear Family by Zebedee(m): 6:28pm On May 02, 2007
that was cute spoilt.

is it yours wink

sometimes the mother think they are a part of the nuclear family and come to live only to cause troubles on end lipsrsealed
Re: Nuclear Family by spoilt(f): 4:28am On May 04, 2007
@ zebedee

thats not my family oh. they just looked so cute so i picked them! grin
no poisonous grandmamas or papas or aunties in the picture.
Re: Nuclear Family by Zebedee(m): 4:47pm On May 07, 2007
@spoilt
u see thats the way it should be no papa and mamas with aunties and uncles wey go come dey spoil show.

its a whole new idea some of them cant accept
Re: Nuclear Family by nossycheek(f): 1:53pm On May 08, 2007
a nuclear family = man +wife+children+househelp (controllable)- in laws from both family-all parents (whether ill or not)

I wish I have one and not the crowded living room with every relative eyeing a piece of cake you gave to junior
Re: Nuclear Family by cuteass1(f): 3:03am On May 09, 2007
nossycheek:

I wish I have one and not the crowded living room with every relative eyeing a piece of cake you gave to junior

LOL . . you're so right. Even adults will start whining over something very childish, for one minute you'll start wondering if they really aren't the same age as junior?? Because they sure as hell behave like they are lol grin
Re: Nuclear Family by Zebedee(m): 10:55pm On May 17, 2007
grin grin ;Dha
Re: Nuclear Family by chikito1(f): 6:29pm On Jan 19, 2009
Buy one get one. Not, buy one get one, two, three or four free. cool
Re: Nuclear Family by TOYOSI20(f): 9:31pm On Jan 19, 2009
chikito1:

Buy one get one. Not, buy one get one, two, three or four free. cool

Tee hee hee. . .too funny. . . cheesy

@ Topic

I believe its essentially defined as the immediate family. . .Father, mother, and the kids!! smiley
Re: Nuclear Family by zayhal(f): 7:56pm On Jun 10, 2011
These days relatives are already waiting for 'uncle' or 'aunty' to get married so they'll go and live with them.

Nuclear family is becoming very unpopular. One of the reasons for failed and/or troubled marriages.
Re: Nuclear Family by Blazay(m): 3:23am On Jun 11, 2011
A wholesome family is a nuclear family. . . Plus dysfunction.
All components must be present as in father, mother, children and household pets!
It does not matter if they are 'doing' each other! cheesy

There is absolutely nothing nuclear or wholesome about a 'polygamous' family.
Too many 'screws' and 'bolts'! grin

(1) (Reply)

I Have A Problem Pls Advice / Looking To Furnish Your Family Home On A Budget ? See Items For Sale Here. / Brides To Be, This Is For You......married Too Pls Read.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.