|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,260,168 members, 4,945,172 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2019 at 08:40 PM
|Re: Deal Hunters Please Read!!! by Nobody: 1:04am On Apr 11|
|Re: Deal Hunters Please Read!!! by oyekanwahab(m): 10:41am On Apr 11|
as a resolution been agreed on me too want to start deal hunting
|Re: Deal Hunters Please Read!!! by techprodigy(m): 1:05pm On Apr 19|
Deal hunters and Offerup, Letgo and 5 miles users..
Please sync with your Pickers well well on the look out for these 3 major Issues with all Apple devices that most Online sellers knew about but will not share on their items Descriptions.
1. Pickers should always restart any iPhone before Payment, if it takes longer than 10-15 seconds before that particular iDevice loads the main menu then that is a serious motherboard Issues that cost between 10-18k to fix.
2. MDM (Management Profile iDevices) no permanent solution to this issue as at this moment, can only be Bypassed. Believe me this is worse than an icloud locked Device. Only experienced Picker and an iOS user can detected this at a glance. For more info Please consult Google search engine.
3. Blacklisted imei numbers. Another terrible iOS issue with no Solution at all. Once wiped or factory reset, Just go use am as sales display demo device because it can never be activated again. These are reported lost/stolen IDevices and Apple has Blacklisted the imei number via their activation server.
Cc: Omicpet, Deyinka007, Ezemoses, Daaz, Lion, Mikky...
14 Likes 3 Shares
|Re: Deal Hunters Please Read!!! by daamazing(m): 11:44pm On Apr 19|
techprodigy:Just to help out those who don't know these issues or how they affect devices :
1. This is an issue with the audio IC, it affects the C12 pad along the fault line on the IC. The C12 pad is a communication protocol line between the baseband CPU and the Audio IC, so it may lead to bootloops or Longer boot times of 2-3 minutes.
How to detect?
You'll have general issues with audio etc:
- Siri wouldn't hear voice and return the siri can't hear your error
- Voice memos won't work
- Videos won't record audio
- Static on speakers
- Callers won't hear you when you speak
- Longer boot times
*This issues is relatable on i7 series alone if I'm right
2. MDM (mobile device management)
Some organizations buy iphones in bulk for their workers and limit what can be done with the device with MDM. Each worker would have his own profile to login, so what you can do with the device is limited to what your admin gives you access to. it's risky because the companies can always track the devices as far as that profile is on it.
For pickers that's how an MDM screen always look like
A reboot should trigger the MDM mode, then you should know what to do
|Re: Deal Hunters Please Read!!! by McMayor(m): 5:05am On Apr 20|
TechProdigy @ this poster... i lore you guys. I have iphone 7, 7+, 7+ with the above listed issues. They have both been living in my drawer for months.
|Re: Deal Hunters Please Read!!! by techprodigy(m): 7:37am On Apr 20|
daamazing:Thank you sir. as regards the screenshot of the MDM you uploaded. That shows when a factory reset or a remote wipe by the company that owns it, has been carried out on the device, Pickers should know that most of these MDM devices come in a normal display mode and functionality of a regular iPhone and iPads. So a factory reset or the profile setting is checked at the point of pick up is advised. The last MDM iPhone that was picked up on this thread functions well ... that is over 200k flush down the latrine.
|Re: Deal Hunters Please Read!!! by techprodigy(m): 7:41am On Apr 20|
McMayor:Plight of Deal hunters ni yen ke. Refunding bad pick up while your Phone ring off it hook.
|Re: Deal Hunters Please Read!!! by lizzypro(f): 9:24am On Apr 20|
Buzz me for all number verification and gift card deals ...
Any type of gift card.
|Re: Deal Hunters Please Read!!! by drakeskull(m): 11:50pm On Apr 20|
Nice tips, never for once thought about MDM when buying phones even though I Manage hundreds of android devices using MDM
|Re: Deal Hunters Please Read!!! by lizzypro(f): 8:11pm On Apr 30|
|Re: Deal Hunters Please Read!!! by iamphilips(m): 5:12pm On May 06|
Oga @dragnet , I just got back from the one week ban you gave me. It's totally not fair...... Lost a whole lot of good deals because I couldn't post. Please try to be considerate while doing your job. Posting short ads on pickers thread helps us sell faster. Na here I dey see money chow.... ABEG.
3 Likes 1 Share
|Re: Deal Hunters Please Read!!! by GRACEGLORY: 12:05pm On May 24|
More often than not, it's not dragnet that bans, it's the antispam bot, it could be very sensitive to some contents, and get triggered. I experience the same.
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2019 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111