Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,120 members, 7,811,149 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:55 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel (113) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 4 (529527 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) ... (252) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by abeniagbon(m): 5:22am On Aug 18, 2019
Doctoropera:

Thanks for your response.

I helped her fill her DS 160 and I didn't see any where language to be interviewed with was specified.

in the beginning of the form you will see it
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by tripleaa: 12:03pm On Aug 18, 2019
Good morning folks. Kindly advice me on this: I applied for a student visa in 2007. I had to travel to lagos to sit for SAT exams as the centres were almost non existent in abuja then. Unfortunately I was issued a fake result. Unknowingly I took it to the embassy then and I was denied based on that document. Fast forward 12years after. I have an Msc, married with 3kids and work with an international development organisation. I now seek to apply to go to the US with just my wife and last born. My wife runs a business where she sells baby cloths and beauty products. I want to ask what are our chances of been issued a visa? Do you think I was banned when I first went to the embassy 12years ago? Is it better we apply to go the UK first before applying to the US embassy? Please not that I still do not have any travel history. I will appreciate your response and admonitions.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by LewinskyMon: 12:59pm On Aug 18, 2019
tripleaa:
Good morning folks. Kindly advice me on this: I applied for a student visa in 2007. I had to travel to lagos to sit for SAT exams as the centres were almost non existent in abuja then. Unfortunately I was issued a fake result. Unknowingly I took it to the embassy then and I was denied based on that document. Fast forward 12years after. I have an Msc, married with 3kids and work with an international development organisation. I now seek to apply to go to the US with just my wife and last born. My wife runs a business where she sells baby cloths and beauty products. I want to ask what are our chances of been issued a visa? Do you think I was banned when I first went to the embassy 12years ago? Is it better we apply to go the UK first before applying to the US embassy? Please not that I still do not have any travel history. I will appreciate your response and admonitions.
Your records are with the US EMBASSY, submitting fake documents is a serious offence which invariably makes you lose credibility even when you have a genuine one, with the current trend of recent with the US embassy, your chances are as slim as a cattle passing through the eyes of a needle, your chances however is only known to God, Jesus Christ
Allah, Ogun, obatala, orunmila, sango and ifa, but if you are ready to give me 10 cows, 10 goats 10 native big chickens, I can do the prayers for you and l will share the fried meats with all the posters on this thread, and going to the UK first might not cut it grin

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by EXLOVER(m): 1:09pm On Aug 18, 2019
My fiancee is planning to send me a Us invite, is there any possibility that my visa will be approve?

Another question, what are the process in sending an invite?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Monmarri: 1:18pm On Aug 18, 2019
ultimatebas:

Why do you wanna sleep at the embassy ? Is that your home? Lodge in a hotel in Victoria Island. So you have money to pay for visa and holiday expenses but DEAD BROKE when it comes to lodging in a hotel for one night before your interview? My fellow Nigerians , you guys never cease to amaze me.

Laughing out loud. lol! grin angry grin. True talk u said o!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Spanishmilf(m): 1:54pm On Aug 18, 2019
@tripleaa maybe you should try the UK way first even if they dont have any issue with your past dake document there is probability that u maybe denied visa
Us visa is now hard these days MAN... lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by TWoods(m): 8:23pm On Aug 18, 2019
tripleaa:

12 years later, you're still not willing to be truthful. How were you "unfortunately issued a fake result"? Did you not actually take the test and get the result directly from ETS? How did you "unknowingly" take the fake test to the embassy? You knew you did not take the test and that the results were not a true reflection of your efforts, yet you took the false results with the hope of getting a visa fraudulently. But somehow, you've succeeded in blaming everyone but yourself for the consequences of your own lack of integrity?

Your chances of getting a visa are essentially zero. If the UK shares info with the US, you are likely to face problems getting a UK visa as well. Please stay in Nigeria, we are all tired of being represented by unrepentant frauds.

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 8:23pm On Aug 18, 2019
tripleaa:

This is my own opinion, I will advise you to forget about traveling to U.S with your family for now, you need a solid travel history (Solid history according to U.S Embassy is E.U Countries, UK, Canada, Australia, Japan, South Korea and Scandinavian countries) you need to be trusted again and you should apply alone, no need involving your spouse, let your spouse apply alone.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by TWoods(m): 8:24pm On Aug 18, 2019
EXLOVER:
My fiancee is planning to send me a Us invite, is there any possibility that my visa will be approve?

Another question, what are the process in sending an invite?

Most likely not. You will be asked to get a K1 visa.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Spanishmilf(m): 8:26pm On Aug 18, 2019
seyewest:

This is my own opinion, I will advise you to forget about traveling to U.S with your family for now, you need a solid travel history (Solid history according to U.S Embassy is E.U Countries, UK, Canada, Australia, Japan, South Korea and Scandinavian countries) you need to be trusted again and you should apply alone, no need involving your spouse, let your spouse apply alone.
make he no implicate him wife grin

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by EXLOVER(m): 8:57pm On Aug 18, 2019
TWoods:

Most likely not. You will be asked to get a K1 visa.
k1 she most visit me right?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by TWoods(m): 9:48pm On Aug 18, 2019
EXLOVER:
k1 she most visit me right?

If she's never visited you here, your chances are even slimmer. Yes, she does need to visit you.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by OmoBendel24: 6:03am On Aug 19, 2019
tripleaa:

Good morning.

If you were banned you ought to know, because the VO surely would have informed you during/right after that interview. What was on the paper handed you by the VO after the interview? You have your answer there....

Meanwhile, whether you were banned or not, following Seyewest's advice will do you and your family a lot of good, really. Get some travel history (if you had this already, I would have advised you go ahead applying for the US visa alone at least) and do not unnecessarily get your family rubbed off upon with your "difference" with the America Embassy just yet, please.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by stevelaw: 8:34am On Aug 19, 2019
fkj950ax:

No you cant sleep at the embassy.
Why did you pick a 645am slot?
There is 10k hotel at Obalende axis, or Lagos Island proper.
Find a friend in Lagos who will accommodate you, Yaba, Surulere, Obalende axis, give him the 10k. Take Uber and Taxify at 6am. You'd be there 645am...
Options are endless
Thanks my brother.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by ennon92(m): 10:01am On Aug 19, 2019
G'morning house, pls when is the earliest appointment /interview date
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by tripleaa: 11:23am On Aug 19, 2019
OmoBendel24:

Good morning.

If you were banned you ought to know, because the VO surely would have informed you during/right after that interview. What was on the paper handed you by the VO after the interview? You have your answer there....

Meanwhile, whether you were banned or not, following Seyewest's advice will do you and your family a lot of good, really. Get some travel history (if you had this already, I would have advised you go ahead applying for the US visa alone at least) and do not unnecessarily get your family rubbed off upon with your "difference" with the America Embassy just yet, please.

Thank you for your response. However the VO didnt hand over any document to me. She only said she wont allow me enter her country at this point.What is your thoughts on this? Thanks also for the advice of not involving my family. I will just allow my wife go with the kids.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by overlord77: 1:51pm On Aug 19, 2019
seyewest:

Well, maybe this might be ok but at the same time @tripleaa is not ready to come clean. Just as @twoods asked, How did he unknowingly get a fake SAT result?

Oh well, we live by our decisions in life. I wish him the best of luck though. Would have suggested they try Canada but those ones and US are like 5&5.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by tripleaa: 2:35pm On Aug 19, 2019
overlord77:

Well, maybe this might be ok but at the same time, @tripleaa is not ready to come clean. Just as @twoods asked, How did he unknowingly get a fake SAT result?

Oh well, we live by our decisions in life. I wish him the best of luck though. Would have suggested they try Canada but those ones and US are like 5&5.

I wanted to leave this issue me not wanting to come clean, but here is it. In 2007 I was very young and gullible. i never saw what a SAt result look like. All i had in mind was to go to school in the US and help improve the life of my poor family. I was told i can only register and write SAT in Lagos. I remember taking a night bus that day from the north and arriving Lagos in the very early hours of the next day. just brushed my teeth and headed to an office for the exams. The rest is what it is now. That's ok guys. thanks all for your comments.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by TWoods(m): 3:13pm On Aug 19, 2019
tripleaa:

I wanted to leave this issue me not wanting to come clean, but here is it. In 2007 I was very young and gullible. i never saw what a SAt result look like. All i had in mind was to go to school in the US and help improve the life of my poor family. I was told i can only register and write SAT in Lagos. I remember taking a night bus that day from the north and arriving Lagos in the very early hours of the next day. just brushed my teeth and headed to an office for the exams. The rest is what it is now. That's ok guys. thanks all for your comments.

Young and gullible is not an excuse. 15 year old Nigerians write SATs all the time. As at 2007, the internet was in existence. The ETS has had a fully functioning website full of all the information you might need on the SAT since at least 2002.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 3:28pm On Aug 19, 2019
TWoods:

Young and gullible is not an excuse. 15 year old Nigerians write SATs all the time. As at 2007, the internet was in existence. The ETS has had a fully functioning website full of all the information you might need on the SAT since at least 2002.

Please leave him. There's truth in what he is saying. If full grown adults are still falling for agents scam today, imagine what it wasike in 2007. Hopefully, things will turn out differently for him.

@tripleaa, please allow your wife to apply first. Take the travel history advice. It will surely help your case.

9 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Spanishmilf(m): 3:41pm On Aug 19, 2019
TWoods:

Probably that d time of blackberry
And the use of phone was not realy common cybercafe was d main deal he made a mistake that all

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by TWoods(m): 4:07pm On Aug 19, 2019
flourishing247:

Please leave him. There's truth in what he is saying. If full grown adults are still falling for agents scam today, imagine what it wasike in 2007. Hopefully, things will turn out differently for him.

@tripleaa, please allow your wife to apply first. Take the travel history advice. It will surely help your case.

The typical ambivalence and tacit nod to fraud under the guise of “ignorance”. People were writing SATs in the 1990s and obtaining F1 visas when the only means of communication were paper brochures and old fashioned letters at the post office box. There is no excuse for taking a known fraudulent test result to the US embassy.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by TWoods(m): 4:08pm On Aug 19, 2019
Spanishmilf:
Probably that d time of blackberry
And the use of phone was not realy common cybercafe was d main deal he made a mistake that all

And those who successfully navigated this process in 1997 had access to what? Is not having access to google an excuse not to read a book, ask questions and refuse to knowingly take a fraudulent result to apply for a visa?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by LewinskyMon: 4:09pm On Aug 19, 2019
TWoods:

The typical ambivalence and tacit nod to fraud under the guise of “ignorance”. People were writing SATs in the 1990s and obtaining F1 visas when the only means of communication were paper brochures and old fashioned letters at the post office box. There is no excuse for taking a known fraudulent test result to the US embassy.
grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Lyns32uk(m): 4:46pm On Aug 19, 2019
Thanks bro
ifunanyamaka:

It means that all those who fall under that category and who's petitions have already been approved are now eligible to start their visa processing at NVC/Embassy as a visa is now available for them.
But since your I-130 petition has not been approved by USCIS, you do not qualify
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Sweetypie: 4:56pm On Aug 19, 2019
[quote author=spykid014 post=81284598]

Oh wow!

Yours is work in progress then. I don't think you should be worried, they just need to carry out their checks. Admin Processing takes hours, days, weeks and sometimes months. so I'm sure yours will change to issued any moment now.
Tell us the good news when it does.

All the best! smiley[/quote

I was asked to reshedule an appointment which i went for the interview last week saturday, unfortunately i was placed on administrative processing again, was asked to submit more documents. All my employment documents that i went with were checked and more were requested for.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by oluayebenz: 5:26pm On Aug 19, 2019
flourishing247:

You valid
Good advice......

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Lyns32uk(m): 5:30pm On Aug 19, 2019
Who b this?
Spanishmilf:
u too like girls
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by megastu(m): 8:03pm On Aug 19, 2019
In addition, the fact that you still do not have a travel history despite working for an international organisation is a big minus for you.

However, you can give it a try, I am sure if you explain yourself you would get a visa.

LewinskyMon:
Your records are with the US EMBASSY, submitting fake documents is a serious offence which invariably makes you lose credibility even when you have a genuine one, with the current trend of recent with the US embassy, your chances are as slim as a cattle passing through the eyes of a needle, your chances however is only known to God, Jesus Christ
Allah, Ogun, obatala, orunmila, sango and ifa, but if you are ready to give me 10 cows, 10 goats 10 native big chickens, I can do the prayers for you and l will share the fried meats with all the posters on this thread, and going to the UK first might not cut it grin

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by dsaynt: 9:14pm On Aug 19, 2019
Hallo house. Please I need gurus in house to help answer this. TWoods etc.
At a recent US Visa interview, my application was denied because an itemized bill from a hospital erroneously showed that a discount was given. No such thing happened. It was an error of which a separate bill was later given. Unfortunately this older bill was presented mistakenly and the VO picked on that and denied the Visa. Despite explanations. But I don't blame the VO who was acting based on info available then.
On getting home. I now saw the corrected bill and I have now written to the US hospital and they have replied with attachments of the correct bill and explanations as to what happened to cause the initial error on the first bill.
My question is this...do I write to the embassy with the letters from the hospital attached or do I just reapply and if I want to reapply how long do I wait for.
Note..I am willing to wait. Not as if I am desperate or anything.
So gurus..your kind advice is welcome.
Twoods, 123JohnF etc...abeg your advice. Thanks in advance
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Beautyaddy: 9:28pm On Aug 19, 2019
dsaynt:
Hallo house. Please I need gurus in house to help answer this. TWoods etc.
At a recent US Visa interview, my application was denied because an itemized bill from a hospital erroneously showed that a discount was given. No such thing happened. It was an error of which a separate bill was later given. Unfortunately this older bill was presented mistakenly and the VO picked on that and denied the Visa. Despite explanations. But I don't blame the VO who was acting based on info available then.
On getting home. I now saw the corrected bill and I have now written to the US hospital and they have replied with attachments of the correct bill and explanations as to what happened to cause the initial error on the first bill.
My question is this...do I write to the embassy with the letters from the hospital attached or do I just reapply and if I want to reapply how long do I wait for.
Note..I am willing to wait. Not as if I am desperate or anything
So gurus..your kind advice is welcome.
Twoods, 123JohnF etc...abeg your advice. Thanks in advance

It is better you reapply and then when given a date for the interview it should give you the chance to present the corrected bill to the VO.

Now the question about how long to get any interview date will be decided by the US embassy.

Since you claim that you are not in a hurry to travel anytime soon then reapply and then wait for an interview date.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by manneger2: 10:28pm On Aug 19, 2019
Hello guyz, pls as a resident visa holder in dubai, I have a good friend in USA that want to help me to come over, pls what and what will i be needing to apply from uae here, i have stayed A year plus in uae, with residence, doing a security job, the person inviting me is pr Residence in USA, he was born there, how will I apply here in dubai, and is going through Msc possible from here?

(1) (2) (3) ... (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) ... (252)

Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / Thread for South Korea prospective students / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.