Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,801 members, 7,817,316 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:07 AM

What’s The Confusion Between Akute And Lagos? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What’s The Confusion Between Akute And Lagos? (2069 Views)

Bad Road In Akute Vs Bad Road In Britain / How Amosun Left Roads In Akute-Alagbole-Ajuwon (Photos) / See The Abandoned Akute Flyover In Ogun Sate, Near Lagos (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What’s The Confusion Between Akute And Lagos? by gimmehear(f): 5:32pm On Mar 27, 2019
So before now, I have been hearing this long argument of Lagos been Akute or not. Remember that saying, if you don’t know about it, close your mouth, well now I have a much better idea.

Just to clear it using border, Akute is located in Ogun state and with the new bridge built, there is even a much clearer border between both states but the awkward this is that 60 percent of those leaving in Akute are Lagosians!
Lagosians who are tired of the crowdness of Lagos, and a little of Ogun indigenes whose house in Akute seems to be their family home since ages, Akute is more of a village being occupied with people with city mind, though no factory is yet built there, trust me the network is terribly bad also!

If you are so not forturnate with data, you will end up subscribing to Spectranet of about N15,000 a month and then gbam!
You will realise spectranet does not cover some places in Akute.

Don’t cry, some of us have being the and we survived fine!

After having a smooth flight scheduling and movement to Lagos from Ilorin for my research work on healthy skin care product made with natural ingredients and having decided to say hi to a dear friend who stays there, I decided to explore the area.

Akute is what I called a blessed place that deserves to be harnessed by the best hands. The food is all organic and I think it’s a much blessing since the Obasanjo Farm was there (now at Otta), the farmers are still close to the people, unlike Lagos that major lands are holding major buildings.

There is a very thin and confusing border between Lagos and Akute – you can be on one street now, which is Lagos and the next street is in Ogun state. Also, just like Lagos, the place has an inhabitant of 80 percent Yoruba-Igbo and 20 percent Hausa and the other languages, so you can be sure to hear – “Omo Ibo, bawo ni.”

The relationship between these two areas is so close that you have motorcycles running interstate and at intrastate price.

Now, here is what I think. I think the Ogun state and Lagos State Government should first share the Ojodu-Agbole road (which is the major road to Akute and has the link bridge) and make it a standard highway, of course there will be loss of land.

I think the Ogun state Government should emulate Lagos or much better, in making Akute look the way it is versioned starting with the abandoned Bridge Project at Akute Bus-stop.

These two suggestions will make transportation easy and cheaper as well are reduce that distance stigma from visitors.

For people who attends who attends Winner, getting to canaanland will be easier if the there can be an overhead bridge around Otta farm

There is really no difference between these two places, just border issue and for me healthy food! Smile!

My research is coming just fine, will write about my product soon.
http://gimmehear.com/whats-the-confusion-between-akute-and-lagos/

Lalasticlala

Re: What’s The Confusion Between Akute And Lagos? by Davash222(m): 5:37pm On Mar 27, 2019
Today is my first time of hearing Akute.
Re: What’s The Confusion Between Akute And Lagos? by TJMighty(m): 5:49pm On Mar 27, 2019
As for me; I reside in the Lagos part of Akute
Re: What’s The Confusion Between Akute And Lagos? by Larryfest(m): 5:49pm On Mar 27, 2019
Akute is strictly Ogun state and there shouldn't be any questions about that at all just that it's very close to Lagos just like sango also where you have a lot of lagosians trooping too cos of the affordable houses over there..

(1) (Reply)

South African Vacation: Education Me Pls / Description From Ikorodu To Igbesa, Ado-odo/ota LGA Ogun State / Traveling From Akure To Lagos By Peace Mass Transit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.