Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,817 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:40 AM

Praying, Fasting, Whistle-blowing & Extreme Ways To Secure The Nigerian Passport - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Praying, Fasting, Whistle-blowing & Extreme Ways To Secure The Nigerian Passport (17966 Views)

Report Dangerous Vehicles and Dangerous Driving With Whistle App / The Official Cost Of Obtaining A Nigerian Passport And Other Related Issues / Countries Your Nigerian Passport Can Get You Into Visa-free (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Praying, Fasting, Whistle-blowing & Extreme Ways To Secure The Nigerian Passport by natznext(m): 9:12am On Mar 28, 2019
izzou:
grin

If eventually you get your passport and leave for whatever reason, I hope you won't come back?

Because na that one I go take vex for you

I don dey vex for am already, as him take allow him village people use am
Re: Praying, Fasting, Whistle-blowing & Extreme Ways To Secure The Nigerian Passport by GabrielYulaw(m): 9:12am On Mar 28, 2019
BillGoldberg:

I paid 37k total at Command headquarters Awka just two days ago! They told me to come back in 2 weeks! Said there is no paper! Funny enough, I sent the money to an individuals account same with .everybody there. Once you enter, they will assign an immigration officer to you that you will bargain price with as if its a market place. Tufiakwa! Nigeria is such a useless entity! Why is everything about this worthless nation so bad? Why are we endemically corrupt? And if I clamour for Biafra now where we can set our own rules, people will get angry!

Lol.Did they too ask you to pay 1k for local government attestation? Useless people. angry angry angry angry. I clearly remember that when i was paying the 34k which is more than double the official rate, there was an immigration officer nearby seeing everything and reading the bible. Yes, the bible!!!
And by the way, Biafra will simply not work, cos the spirit of corruption is endemic in us all. In fact, it is in our genes.
Re: Praying, Fasting, Whistle-blowing & Extreme Ways To Secure The Nigerian Passport by BillGoldberg: 9:32am On Mar 28, 2019
GabrielYulaw:

Lol.Did they too ask you to pay 1k for local government attestation? Useless people. angry angry angry angry. I

My own is even extra 1500!!! My argument on Biafra is that all those useless people will be killed. Igbos.. we are our own enemies!!
Re: Praying, Fasting, Whistle-blowing & Extreme Ways To Secure The Nigerian Passport by colp2015: 9:43am On Mar 28, 2019
SageTravels:
Do you have a passport? A Nigerian Passport? Congratulations!

You are one of the lucky few who have endured the torment of queuing up for hours, days, weeks and sometimes months to secure a passport for the official fee of N17,800.

If you don’t have the patience for queues and weeks of meaningless visits, paying an official as much as N40,000 will guarantee you get your passport the same day or at most, in 3 days (depending on the state).

Apparently, I thought I could “do it on my own”. I made the grievous error of paying for my passport renewal online on January 4, 2019. Here is a quick rundown of how the immigration service has frustrated my life.

January 4:

Paid for Passport renewal online (a big mistake as not paying in cash and paying through your nose means your passport renewal/procurement process can take forever).

February 19:

I went to submit my old passport at the Oyo state command, and filled some forms. I was not told a capture was needed. I was only told to come back next week.

March 1:

I went to ask about my passport. Told to come back next week.

March 4:

Visited: no booklet, no passport.

March 6:

Visited and accidentally learned I needed to be captured (it was my first renewal ever). After nearly six hours of waiting, I was captured (picture taken and biodata captured on the portal). As I would later learn, allowing them to capture me when they were already complaining about booklet scarcity was another mistake because once you are captured, you cannot cancel or transfer to another state.

March 11:

Visited: no booklet, no passport.

March 13:

Visited, no booklet, no passport. I met with several officials who advised I meet with the Comptroller. I did meet and He asked me to meet with the official in charge. He was not on seat. The very next day, someone else was occupying the same seat and He did not attend to my request. Meanwhile, a friend told me his brother secured a passport at the Oyo state command within 4 days after paying N27,000.

March 15:

Visited, no booklet, no passport.

March 20:

Visited, no booklet, no passport.

March 25:

Visited twice. On my first visit, the officer I met told me they were attending to backlogs. No time for my passport. The comptroller was on his way out, I could not meet him. I went back by 3:30pm. He told me the person in charge is not on seat, I should check back when He returns. I asked another official who told me the said official had travelled for a marriage ceremony in faraway Kano. Another official asked me the Church I attend, and advised I start praying and fasting. Another official asked me to take my grievances to Servicom. Yet another official encouraged me to take to twitter.

In between these visits, I made countless phone calls to friends, family and immigration officials asking for help. Nothing has worked.

Why do I need my passport badly?

I have been selected as one of the top 24 entrepreneurs in the world with game-changing social enterprise ideas in the GIST TECH-I competition organized by the US Department of State. My flight is booked for April 13. Hotel booked. But I have no Visa. Why? I have no passport. I have also been selected as a Mandela Washington Fellow. I also need to submit my passport by the 27th of March (for Mandela Washington fellowship) and 28th of March (to process my Bahrain Visa).

Why do I need to pray and fast, trend on twitter or write a diary

I have deadlines looming.

I am a law abiding citizen. No criminal records.

I am travelling to make Nigeria proud.

Immigration service, give me my Passport.

https://www.sagetravels.com/the-challenges-extreme-ways-of-getting-nigeria-passport/

Read this article yesterday 27th, March and surprisingly my brother visited me this morning, telling of a miracle wrought by God for another brother whose father is a pastor in RCCG.

If your story was the same that was shared with me. it means your international passport was issued on Tuesday 26th, after intense prayers that provoked divine intervention.

Congratulations, bro.

Shame on all customs officials who serve as pastors and ministers in the Church.

Their judgment is coming.

1 Like

Re: Praying, Fasting, Whistle-blowing & Extreme Ways To Secure The Nigerian Passport by tunde233(m): 9:50am On Mar 28, 2019
stifej:
And the Motherfucker OP copied this story from my friends facebook page without even giving credit to the actual source

What the OP did was wrong.
I suggest that you tell your friend to just go to Twitter
and tag those who needed to know, the twitter account of the President
and bloggers
Re: Praying, Fasting, Whistle-blowing & Extreme Ways To Secure The Nigerian Passport by lereinter(m): 10:07am On Mar 28, 2019
you applied online

even if buhari pay online they nis personnel will delay issuance

Nigeria

Re: Praying, Fasting, Whistle-blowing & Extreme Ways To Secure The Nigerian Passport by obinoral1179(m): 10:57am On Mar 28, 2019
ojtopsy:

Chairman i beg which state did you do it.
Lagos but that 7k was after I paid online fee...
Re: Praying, Fasting, Whistle-blowing & Extreme Ways To Secure The Nigerian Passport by Pabloriqueza: 11:21am On Mar 28, 2019
Nigerian passport booklets are imported from Malaysia. Guess, the whole wahala with import and every makes for the "No booklet" excuse. Shame
Re: Praying, Fasting, Whistle-blowing & Extreme Ways To Secure The Nigerian Passport by simplycoach(m): 11:37am On Mar 28, 2019
And Buhari keep saying he's fighting kwaraption!?
Integrity my foot!
I hope help will rise for naija. shocked shocked shocked : undecided[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Praying, Fasting, Whistle-blowing & Extreme Ways To Secure The Nigerian Passport by GabrielYulaw(m): 12:54pm On Mar 28, 2019
Pabloriqueza:
Nigerian passport booklets are imported from Malaysia. Guess, the whole wahala with import and every makes for the "No booklet" excuse. Shame
It's not about lack of booklet. The issue is that folks are paying twice the Federal Government mandated rate. That is outright corruption and has been going on for what must be decades

1 Like

Re: Praying, Fasting, Whistle-blowing & Extreme Ways To Secure The Nigerian Passport by MalbakOscar(m): 5:29pm On Mar 28, 2019
Olalan:
Thou what happens in most of the immigration offices is abnormal it is wise to go to a state with less population, thou you might pay 30k but you are likely to get your passport in a day.

Exactly. Someone claimed to have paid close to ₦40k for the 32pages booklet in Lagos. I did mine in Ilorin for ₦18k and got it the next day. In fact, if you get to the passport office and are able to pay before 10am when they have to make bank deposits, you'll get it that same day (except on a Friday).
Re: Praying, Fasting, Whistle-blowing & Extreme Ways To Secure The Nigerian Passport by Pabloriqueza: 7:00pm On Mar 28, 2019
Its truly a thing of shame
GabrielYulaw:

It's not about lack of booklet. The issue is that folks are paying twice the Federal Government mandated rate. That is outright corruption and has been going on for what must be decades
Re: Praying, Fasting, Whistle-blowing & Extreme Ways To Secure The Nigerian Passport by emmabongo(m): 11:34am On Mar 29, 2019
In Nigeria anything goes!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Vacationing In The City Of Ibadan / Any Nairalander Living In Serbia,bosnia-herzegovina Or Croatia? / Police Helicopter Crashes In Bauchi: AIB Opens Investigation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.