Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,309 members, 7,867,808 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 02:13 AM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (70407 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by mystikal(m): 6:34pm On Oct 03, 2010
Some people lose to Dortmund today o. 2 nil too
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by mukina2: 6:38pm On Oct 03, 2010
and na them nor go mind their business pass grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by chic2pimp(m): 7:58pm On Oct 03, 2010
[size=20pt]Come è il mercato?

Cómo es el mercado?

Wie Markt ist?

Как рынок?

Va comment le marché?

Yaya Kasua

איך השוק

怎麼市場
[/size]
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 8:10pm On Oct 03, 2010
We lost this battle in midfield - not enough service for the strikers, and not enough cover for the defenders.

Ramires had TOO MUCH room to pass the ball in behind the backline for Cole, the rest was history.

Who made the error to allow Anelka get the ball, forcing Koscielny into a rash block? That person needs to be docked a week's pay.

Fabianski was very good today. . . .albeit getting shots played nearly right at him most of the time. Apart from the first goal that went in at the near post, he wasn't at fault for anything today.

Our CBs were out of sorts. . . we were lucky Chelski didn't punish the really awful mistakes we made.

Clichy was solid (unless he gave the ball away for the last goal) but he should leave shooting to the experts.

Chamakh. . . .possibly denied a penalty, but in the end was seeking one too hard. At the VERY top he needed to get his header at least on target.

All in all, this team is nowhere near where it needs to be to compete for the title. Maybe when Cesc, RVP, TV5, Walcott and others come back, we may have a chance. We must also fix our shocking tendency to self destruct at any moment. . . .we did it so many times without being punished that it's unbelievable.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Mobinga: 8:17pm On Oct 03, 2010
[size=15pt]HOW MARKET [/size] grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 8:21pm On Oct 03, 2010
Drogba na bad Polygamist. He has now added Koscielny and Squilacci to his harem
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by kaypumpin2(m): 8:30pm On Oct 03, 2010
Difference between us and Chelsea?Good defensive organization.People tend to criticize our CBs,but the way Toure handled Drogba last week when called to task made me know it is not a problem of personnels BUT our defensive orientation and organization.How many times were the CBS exposed today because Song failed to his job?One doesn't need to watch @ close quarters to see the magnificent job Essien/Mikel's doing in shielding the back 4 and launching a quick attack with their long range passes.

Fabiasnki,but for the "joke" of a punch he made in the 1st half had a solid game but it's obvious Kos should be Verm's partner whenever he returns.I can not remember Schill winning any aerial ball against Drog throughout the entire and his choice for captainship? undecided

7 points gap at this stage of the race may not be mountaneous but it's still quite some ground.Now our failure to see out that match against Sunderland and beat Westbrom has come back to hurt us.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dipo2much(m): 8:37pm On Oct 03, 2010
good game. E.O.D
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by HNIC(m): 9:04pm On Oct 03, 2010
kay_pumpin:

7 points gap at this stage of the race may not be mountaneous but it's still quite some ground.Now our failure to see out that match against Sunderland and beat Westbrom has come back to hurt us.
@kay
True talk
If we had taken 6 points from the S'land and WBA games, we woulda been just 1 point adrift!
About the game!
One team took their chances well, the other didn't.(No player should head over the bar from 2 yards out,un4givable!)
One team also defended as a unit and suffered cramps grin(and some chavs felt it was an easy win,go n ask your chav players)
The other team didn't defend as a unit.
Hopefully,TV5,Theo,RVP,Bendtner,Gibbs etc should be back from injury after the intl break!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by proudly9ja(m): 10:12pm On Oct 03, 2010
kay_pumpin:

the way Toure handled Drogba last week when called to task made me know it is not a problem of personnels BUT our defensive orientation and organization.

I said this at the start of the season on this same thread. The problem is not the personnel, its whoever is in charge of our defence (i.e. if we have a defence coach).

As for today's game, I wasn't expecting a better resul so I don't feel real bad. I hope for a miracle but it didn't happen. Now we just need to go rest of the season unbeaten. No team in the league should be able to beat us again. Not even ManU in the form their in.

And all these talk about injuries is thrash and Arsenal fans should be tired of using it season in season out. We have never had more than one week of football with our full team so we should stop expecting it. Cesc, Walcott, RVP may never play more than 2 consecutive matches together at Arsenal so it's rubbish if we keep saying, 'when we have our full team, '.

On a positive note though, I must comment on Jack Wilshere's performance. That young man is good! I also commend AW for bringing in JET. That's another footballing genius in the making.

Our season should start from now!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Ibime(m): 11:09pm On Oct 03, 2010
Howz that Kosc and Squillacci working for ya? (Sarah Palin voice)

That guy Alex Song is losing it big time. Someone needs to remind him that he is a DM, not a fancy dan tipper tapper. He has typical African mentality of thinking he's arrived. I hope he didn't get all this from he and Uncle Rigobert's shenanigans in the Cameroonian team.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by DrKitaun(m): 1:00am On Oct 04, 2010
^

sharrap dia !!!

what wrong has song done ?

arsenal of today cant do without song . . .simples !

@gunners

can we just remind wenger to take the carling cup more seriously ?

neither chamakh nor kosileyin can win us the epl !!!

fabianski ? still a fat no no !!!

jet !!! wink
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by mystikal(m): 2:47am On Oct 04, 2010
Song is all over the place jor. he should make his DM functions his priority b4 rampaging forward anyhow.

RVP > Chamakh!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 7:19am On Oct 04, 2010
Ibime:

Helep me ask dem o.

The 2 latest addition to Drogbas harem
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by RuuDie(m): 7:47am On Oct 04, 2010
Arsenal did almost everything right up the Chelsea end of the pitch early on in the game --- they pressed, harried and marked. It was very clearly a marked improvement from previous Chelsea - Arsenal games I've seen. . . . . AW just needs to change his approach atimes. I was thinking a midfield 3 of Song/Nasir/and 1 of Diaby, Denilson or Eboue (I would have gone for the strength of Eboue) - Song & Eboue just sitting in front of that back-4, there was hardly any support when Song ventured upfield. They had enough quality to hurt chelsea on the counter. Wilshere had a good game but had no business in there, it was a way too physical game for him. & then again, the perennial Arsenal problem, finishing was just not there!

Anyways, there was some positives & I still think with a full complement of their squad, Arsenal can still hurt Chelsea this season in the return leg!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 7:50am On Oct 04, 2010
I have never seen any single Player domesticate a whole football club Like one Ivorian striker has done to a club in North london

FC Drogba. I hail o
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by edoyad(m): 8:25am On Oct 04, 2010
The truth is i didn't even bother watching the gunners game, i opted to watch the evisceration of Bayern and it was worth every penny. If we are going to be honest with ourselves we'll realise Man utd, Chelsea and ManCity all have stronger squads than ours. Arsenal this season is just a more refined Tottenham, nothing more nothing less. Any victory against any of the teams i've just mentioned would be an anomaly that's why we can't afford losses to teams like WestBrom.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by HNIC(m): 8:47am On Oct 04, 2010
edoyad:

If we are going to be honest with ourselves we'll realise Man utd, Chelsea and ManCity all have stronger squads than ours. Arsenal this season is just a more refined Tottenham, nothing more nothing less.
I beg your pardon!
After only 7 weeks
Come on
Maybe you should watch yesterday's match again
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by presido1: 9:48am On Oct 04, 2010
HNIC:

Maybe you should watch yesterday's match again
Will this change the score line?.

The only good thing i saw yesterday was that Arsenal side are still young and a lot of room for improvement in some couple of yrs. cool grin grin.
Again the profit AW made/making for the club is huge.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by ritchboy(m): 10:28am On Oct 04, 2010
All these smash and grab defeats against the chavs are starting to get on ma nerves. . .
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by HNIC(m): 10:50am On Oct 04, 2010
presido1:

Will this change the score line?.

The only good thing i saw yesterday was that Arsenal side are still young and a lot of room for improvement in some couple of yrs. cool grin grin.
Again the profit AW made/making for the club is huge.
SSSSShhhhh
Intelligent people are debating here grin
Not scummies tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by jalether(m): 12:09pm On Oct 04, 2010
GAYNERS how una dey?. . I greet una well well grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by slimshay(m): 12:26pm On Oct 04, 2010
The boys put in a good shift IMO. Sad its 2 loss in a row tho.

To analyse I think we conceeded when we slacked off in midfield.

Anyways yet again: one time for Lukasz!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by kenkruse: 1:36pm On Oct 04, 2010
our midfield was too porous. it was easy for chelsea to break through thereby exposing our defense. again we lack those passes emanating from midfield. that's where Fab4 comes to mind. overrall, we could have done better with Fab4 pairing with song/denilson/diaby.

we pray for quick recovery of Fab4,RVP,Walcot,Vamelin,Gibss,Ramsey,Bendner,

the journey is still far, the league is very much open to any team even west harm.

still arsenal !!! wink
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by edoyad(m): 1:43pm On Oct 04, 2010
@HNIC to be honest with y'all i didn't bother watching the match cos i already knew what the result would be like and i'm sure deep in your heart if you were
told to bet half of all you owned on the winner before the game yesterday you would picked Chelsea.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 1:44pm On Oct 04, 2010
Ibime:

They were decent. . .they made errors but none of those caused the goals. The midfield was where the battle was lost. tongue

That guy Alex Song is losing it big time. Someone needs to remind him that he is a DM, not a fancy dan tipper tapper. He has typical African mentality of thinking he's arrived.

I mentioned this last week and I got a bit of stick from the guys. . . .if you go back to the sequence of events for the first goal, the initiator was Song’s pointless dallying on the ball, allowing Ramires to tackle. He just didn’t have his head straight and was more interested in trying to score.

HNIC:

@kay
True talk
If we had taken 6 points from the S'land and WBA games, we woulda been just 1 point adrift!

Precisely - given our well documented failings against the biggest sides, it is CRIMINAL to drop points the way we did against WBA most especially.

In the final analysis, MISTAKES cost us this game. If Chelski made us pay for all the ones we made, it might have been a massacre.

Unfortunately, Nasri was partly culpable for two goals y’day. . . .he lost Cashley completely (on more than one occasion mind you) for the goal - Squills could hardly do anything to stop a goal of that quality.

Nasri’s shaky pass also gave Koko no option but to foul Anelka. . . . .and whoever organised that wall with Malouda in the middle of it should be docked a week’s wages.

Basics. . . . we lack the basics defensively and it will continue to cost us.

Kudos to Fabianski, Wilshere, Arshavin and Chamakh for their performance yesterday; they can take some credit from the game. The others need to look long and hard at each other.

PS - Waiting for the Duduspace analysis of our performance. . . . .or maybe he’s still venting his anger on his weekend visitor. grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by rasputinn(m): 1:55pm On Oct 04, 2010
AW saw it coming,surely he cannot say he was truly convinced he'd walk out of Stamford bridge with three points,what with the personnel he had
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 2:02pm On Oct 04, 2010
The thing wey dey baffle me be say Drogba don too make mouth and he did as he promised.

Which kain insult be dat? A player said he enjoys playing Assanal and with all the insult he threw at you last week

He still rimmed y'all.

I think after Henry, Drogba should be in your Hall of fame

I have never seen any single Player domesticate a whole football club Like one Ivorian striker has done to a club in North london.

By the way How market. FC Drogba.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 2:10pm On Oct 04, 2010
13 games, 13 goals. Some people no get shame embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by olodo(m): 2:27pm On Oct 04, 2010
@dayo pls leave us alone BM was takg apart at d weekd too. U guys lost 2-0, Pls am also waitg for dudu comment on d match. When is ur bushmeat leavg. As for me we need another strong DM. Song needs to knw we can do without him.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 2:37pm On Oct 04, 2010
How many times will you repeat the same daft comments?

Either your brain is stuck on replay or you can't come up with anything remotely sensible. In any case, your precipitous decline in the Bundesliga should be of greater concern.

Bloody Viewer. tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 3:04pm On Oct 04, 2010
Precipitous decline for a club that won the double and was second best in Europe less than 5 months ago?

What do we now say about a club that has

1) Been trophyless for a decade? TOTAL DEMISE?

2) That have conceded 13 goals to one player in 13 games?

3) That have never won UCL in 5000 yrs?

4) WHose manager has never won ANY European trophy in his career.

5) Who boasts of the most m0ronic set of fans in the globe that commit suicide in droves?

6) Whose trophy cabinet cause major dust pollution all over the worldwhen they are having the annual cleaning out?

7) Whose goalkeepers are getting starting shirt at age 30 and th 4 keepers cant start for Femo Scorpions of Eruwa

cool Whose management are the most deluded thinking they have young players who arent known outside Emirates

9) That have played a certain Ivorian striker and NEVER won a game when the guy is on the field.

10) That is one of the major minnows of European football but make the loudest Noise.

Tell me what we can say about this CLUB

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (100)

Manchester United vs Southampton (2 - 2) On 13th July 2020 / Real Madrid Vs Barcelona: El Clasico (3 - 1) On 25th October 2014 / MK Dons Vs Manchester United: Capital One Cup (4 - 0) On 26th August 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.