Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,326 members, 7,867,898 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 06:54 AM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (33) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (70421 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by jalether(m): 10:13pm On Oct 04, 2010
slimshay:

Gayleather seriously do you have a social defect. People are responding to the most silly things by dK, see nobody bothers with what you have to say. Get a clue. Jeez, Dre, I see dumb people *shivers*

What gives you the impression that I seek anyone's approval or attention on this forum undecided billy goat

Incase you are too intellectually sterile to figure out from my general vibe on this board. I only come on here to chill, have some fun and discuss footie

and nothing else,  . . unlike majority of arsenal fans (yourself included) who treats the forum like their passport to heaven and take everything too damn serious
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by kaypumpin2(m): 10:16pm On Oct 04, 2010
Chelsea FC est 2005
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 10:19pm On Oct 04, 2010
@ Jalether

Did I strike a nerve? cheesy

Take your moronic comments elsewhere - even the vestiges of brain capacity you have left can comprehend that.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 10:22pm On Oct 04, 2010
[size=30pt]DROGBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/size]
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 10:23pm On Oct 04, 2010
Repeating the same thing over and over can be deemed spamming. . . .don't start crying like a 2 year old when the mods start exterminating some of your posts. wink
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by mystikal(m): 10:25pm On Oct 04, 2010
why u dey shout drogba? na so the thing sweet?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by jalether(m): 10:26pm On Oct 04, 2010
@dk, you dey watch the lakers game? timber wolves wan kill them oo
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 10:29pm On Oct 04, 2010
^^ I dey work. All those ones na gra gra, when season start who be Timberwolves?

Timberwolves ho, "Arseanalfansare" GAY ni
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by slimshay(m): 10:31pm On Oct 04, 2010
Gayleather you wan use olumo rock nod corner kick abi, e be like say udondeymadt abi? Dey dere dey chill and relax. Sugomu.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by jalether(m): 10:38pm On Oct 04, 2010
dayokanu:

^^ I dey work. All those ones na gra gra, when season start who be Timberwolves?

Timberwolves ho, "Arseanalfansare" GAY ni

grin grin grin grin

I still think we (lakers) will retain the championship. . . miami heat will be the biggest flop in the history of nba this season, nothing for those trio tongue.

I just can't wait for the cavs- heat fixture. . it will be interesting to see how intense and hostile Lebron's reception will be. I foresee broken jaws and

crunched bones cheesy cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by edoyad(m): 11:00pm On Oct 04, 2010
So gunners what's the news on Aaron's recovery ? Will we be seeing that genius any time soon ?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 11:09pm On Oct 04, 2010
^^ Is he the solution to the Drogba molestation?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by mystikal(m): 11:10pm On Oct 04, 2010
lol
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by nateevs(m): 11:25pm On Oct 04, 2010
While you may have a point, you are over stating your case. The players missing for Arsenal can be deemed ‘spinal’ - Almunia, Vermaelen, Cesc and RVP.

The equivalents for Chelski would be Cech, Terry, Lampard and DD.

Given you had three out of those four available yesterday, you can’t realistically describe the team you fielded as managing with ‘fringe’ players.

Furthermore, it is clear that WITHOUT that spine it is unlikely Chelski would’ve won.

If we take the analysis a step lower, you were missing Bosingwa, Kalou and Benayoun as well. . . .those ‘could’ be equivalent to missing, Gibbs, Bendtner and Ramsey for Arsenal, so then again, in terms of personnel, Arsenal were missing a far greater compliment of their squad compared to Chelski.

The truth is that you need to be able to perform even with your ‘fringe’ players, but the ‘greater’ truth as it were is that Arsenal are without their CORE first team players too often during the course of a season.

Though 3 pages late, I had to respond to this.
It is very dangerous to use the ambiguous word "equivalent" here and this could send out wrong status of things. . .
While in your mind, you are referring to players the exact positions in both clubs, the whole argument could be mistaken for something new.

While Cesc could match Lamps in ability, RVP is no Drogba, Vermaleen is no JT and Almunia is no Cech. Now don't get me wrong as I do understand where you are coming from but my phrasing of the argument was deliberate and I took a swipe at the quality of your squad than anything else.

Applying the same argument to the "fringe division", Gibbs is no Bosingwa, Bendtner is no Kalou and Ramsey is no Benayoun.

You do see where I am coming.

So when you say you are missing the core of your team, it matters less to me as you will see the same when Stoke say you beat them because they were missing Sorensen, Shawcross, Etherington and Fuller. The first thing that comes to your mind is "igbayen nko"?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by DrKitaun(m): 11:35pm On Oct 04, 2010
nawao . . . . lipsrsealed
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by denzel2009: 11:49pm On Oct 04, 2010
This Dayokanu is something else. When will you leave the gunners alone?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Ibime(m): 12:06am On Oct 05, 2010
@ Nateevs,

Spot on. The only thing I disagree there is that Ramsey is no Benayoun. Ramsey is one of the only overhyped Arsenal youngsters with bright future, assuming he recovers fully from his leg break.

As for Vermaelen, was he not raped by Drogba last season. Even Koscielny gave better performance against DD than Vermaelen.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 12:12am On Oct 05, 2010
Leave dem make Delusion FC dey make noise, The same Vermalean that was randomly molested by Drogba last season
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by ritchboy(m): 12:48am On Oct 05, 2010
It is very dangerous to use the ambiguous word "equivalent" here and this could send out wrong status of things. . .
While in your mind, you are referring to players the exact positions in both clubs, the whole argument could be mistaken for something new.

While Cesc could match Lamps in ability, RVP is no Drogba, Vermaleen is no JT and Almunia is no Cech. Now don't get me wrong as I do understand where you are coming from but my phrasing of the argument was deliberate and I took a swipe at the quality of your squad than anything else.

Applying the same argument to the "fringe division", Gibbs is no Bosingwa, Bendtner is no Kalou and Ramsey is no Benayoun.

Cesc can "match" Lamps ABILITY shocked shocked grin You must be having a good old laugh. try turning that the other way round and see if Lamps can match Cesc's ability.

Is Didier Drogba a better footballer than Robin Van Persie? I seriously doubt that!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Ibime(m): 1:22am On Oct 05, 2010
Lamps may not match Cesc and DD may not match RVP technically, but when it comes to producing results, we know who makes it happen.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by ritchboy(m): 1:47am On Oct 05, 2010
Ibime:

Lamps may not match Cesc and DD may not match RVP technically, but when it comes to producing results, we know who makes it happen.

story. . . do you expect RVP to "make it happen" from the sidelines? cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by chic2pimp(m): 4:47am On Oct 05, 2010
Nah so all of una camp for Gayyners thread abi? undecided grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by edoyad(m): 5:38am On Oct 05, 2010
Do you want them to camp on the gay German thread instead ?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 7:29am On Oct 05, 2010
FC DROGBA How far
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by v3: 7:51am On Oct 05, 2010
slimshay:

Gayleather seriously do you have a social defect. People are responding to the most silly things by dK, see nobody bothers with what you have to say. Get a clue. Jeez, Dre, I see dumb people *shivers*
grin grin grin grin grin **watches gaylether drop dead**
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by v3: 7:55am On Oct 05, 2010
dayokanu:

FC DROGBA How far
Last time i checked, tis STILL ARSENAL un hombre wink
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by slimshay(m): 8:28am On Oct 05, 2010
Ha ha ha ha. Babalawo is no magician, Dbanj is no don jazzy. . .is that why we are here?

I'd advice you take a hard look at those comparism again. The truth might just slap you in the face. Cesc can match Lampard. Ha ha ha ha. Dre, dre *whisper* I see dum. . .u knw the rest.

Meanwhile dK no october fest for your labalaba of a team. Champs league today, relegation zone tommorrow. Na dat ugly fork Ribery I pity, how will he see drunk teenage girls to slip x-pills into their drinks now?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 10:50am On Oct 05, 2010
nateevs:

That would be a fair comment overall. However, in my opinion, the never ending nature of ‘core’ injuries distorts the ‘quality’ as it were of the first team, preventing a consistent comparison between both sides.

In terms of output, I’d challenge some of this - Ramsey is only behind Benayoun in years played/experience, not in ability. Kalou vs Bendtner is neither here nor there, I don’t have last season’s stats to hand but I’d suspect they are about the same level in terms of end product.

Again all this is ‘talk’ as what matters is performance on the day.

So when you say you are missing the core of your team, it matters less to me as you will see the same when Stoke say you beat them because they were missing Sorensen, Shawcross, Etherington and Fuller. The first thing that comes to your mind is "igbayen nko"?

I agree fully. What exacerbates the problem at Arsenal is the seeming gulf between the top performers and 'the rest', such that the team is often unrecognisable (especially against the big sides) once the key protagonists are absent.

In the final analysis, the issue of missing players are ‘mitigating circumstances’ that no one cares about. Last season we went to Anfield and beat Liverpool 2-1 without a striker, and that is what a top side must be capable of doing consistently - producing results even when not at full strength.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dipo2much(m): 11:29am On Oct 05, 2010
^^
somehow u guys succeeded in reawakenin a topic that seemed to have been buried. I think the issue of missin better players to injuries shouldnt come to the fore. Injury is a part of the game and if we could give an good account of ourselvs as we did on sunday,then it means we anticipated and catered sufficiently for the inevitable injuries. If we had drawn or beaten them,would we subscribe to any ideas that it was cos there was no lampard? I was so proud of the guys on sunday,it was so different from what we have seen in the chelsea/ arsenal fixtures before. The team is doing very well in that we maintain standard good enough to be contenders. City n l'pool have excellent players and arsenal stil sh1t on them. For a long time,the team hasnt won any laurels,but we have been consisitent in been a top team in europe for well over a decade. It has taken chelsea excessive spending to be ranked were we are. Where would all these chelsea fans be if Abrahamovic didnt buy the club? Roman Abrahamovic is the one who knows how much financial sacrifice has gone down to bring chelsea to a position arsenal has conveniently sat without ridiculous spending. And even he is cuttin down on spending. Man-U cant live up to crazy spendin in the market and are buying bebe's and chicarito's cos they just CANT AFFORD to compete with chelsea in spending and we can see the decline in Man-U's game. There is no decline in Arsenal's. They (Man-U) are only as likely to win the league as Arsenal.
Chelsea are what they are today cos of the massive money injection,so they deserve to be what they are.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by slimshay(m): 11:55am On Oct 05, 2010
^^^you make good points even though someone will surely come here and dismiss it as excuse even though it is quite simply the reality.

However the sore point of the debate will be where you an inferred there is no 'decline in our game'. I won't raise the counter argument I'd leave that to those who are content to do so.

All I'll prolly say is that, our form this season mirrors our form end of last season. Similarly our injuries mirrors if not worse that of end of last season.

But Debo has raised the point, squad players have to step up when they are called upon. Where I disagree with him is in the difference in quality, there is not very much.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 12:15pm On Oct 05, 2010
slimshay:

But Debo has raised the point, squad players have to step up when they are called upon. Where I disagree with him is in the difference in quality, there is not very much.

But there is. . . .especially in CRUCIAL positions - the GK mess we have is well documented, so no need to rehash that, the quality of CBs on current evidence is nowhere near comparable and our defensive midfielders have gone backwards this season to be further behind Chelski’s. Including the striking personnel available for Chelski, their squad is evidently better than ours, especially when the unquantifiable and elusive quality of ‘knowing how to win’ is added in.

The issue is further compounded by ‘endless’ injuries to our squad - their best performers are able to do so consistently over most of the season - ours always end up with lengthy outages.

This is why questions will be asked of the manager - he signed ALL of these players, what is he doing to remedy the obvious flaws beyond 'believing' in them?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by slimshay(m): 1:32pm On Oct 05, 2010
Debo, I presumed you refered to the difference between what we'd refer as our first team and what we have as squad players.

For the Chelsea comparism, I have often found out that these things are tainted by the almighty 'trophy'.

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (100)

Manchester United vs Southampton (2 - 2) On 13th July 2020 / Real Madrid Vs Barcelona: El Clasico (3 - 1) On 25th October 2014 / MK Dons Vs Manchester United: Capital One Cup (4 - 0) On 26th August 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.