Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,729 members, 7,820,521 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:26 PM

That's A Nigerian? How Can You Tell? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / That's A Nigerian? How Can You Tell? (6959 Views)

What Can You Tell Me About Birom Ladies. / How Do You Tell If Someone Is South African! / Can You Tell A Nigerian By Their Face? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

That's A Nigerian? How Can You Tell? by Okejazz(m): 9:48pm On Apr 27, 2007
Hey guys,
i'm often amazed at how people can pick out a Nigerian from a group of multinationals. How do u know that one is a Nigerian?
Re: That's A Nigerian? How Can You Tell? by monshege: 9:51pm On Apr 27, 2007
by their faces you shall know them
Re: That's A Nigerian? How Can You Tell? by kellorah: 9:51pm On Apr 27, 2007
i find it hard to fish out NIGERIANS from a group of ghanaians and nigerians  undecided
Re: That's A Nigerian? How Can You Tell? by SeunImpersonator(m): 9:53pm On Apr 27, 2007
depends - if he is ibo - his trouser is big and pulled up to his navel, if he is Hausa, he is as slim as panla - if he is Calabar - he will be a short man devil, if na Warri, im face go dey red like fire, if na yoruba - him fit get mark for face or him go dey look right, look left as if them dey pursue am, if na woman, if na ibo woman, him go yellow well well, or im breast go just shoot out - poi, if na yoruba woman, im idebe - aka ikebe - go dey do 17, 18, 19 bobo - roll one side, roll that side etc. if na calabar girl, im go fat from middle to down, if na hausa, him go get cheek and fat neck like Atiku.

Okay, after all these, if them come dey talk, abeg, make we leave that one yet.
Re: That's A Nigerian? How Can You Tell? by kellorah: 9:53pm On Apr 27, 2007
lmfao grin grin
Re: That's A Nigerian? How Can You Tell? by monshege: 9:53pm On Apr 27, 2007
kellorah:

i find it hard to fish out NIGERIANS from a group of ghanaians and nigerians undecided

if you cant fish them out from their face or appearance, wait till they speak, thats always the tip off or dead give away
Re: That's A Nigerian? How Can You Tell? by kellorah: 9:54pm On Apr 27, 2007
wot if they've got british/american accent? undecided
Re: That's A Nigerian? How Can You Tell? by SeunImpersonator(m): 9:55pm On Apr 27, 2007
if them get british/american accent - u can find them out easily - dey say "init" all the time, and they say i wan na, go nna, gotta, lotta etc. shio.
Re: That's A Nigerian? How Can You Tell? by kellorah: 9:56pm On Apr 27, 2007
lol. cheesy
not all of dem though
like the older one, u don't really hear dem say stuff lyk dat
Re: That's A Nigerian? How Can You Tell? by monshege: 9:57pm On Apr 27, 2007
S_eun:

if them get british/american accent - u can find them out easily - dey say "init" all the time, and they say i wan na, go nna, gotta, lotta etc. shio.

lol. i see you have lots of friends like that
Re: That's A Nigerian? How Can You Tell? by SeunImpersonator(m): 9:59pm On Apr 27, 2007
says who - the other day - one Nigerian went to a fast food joint - says, please give me hambujer (hamburger) and the waiter corrected him by saying, it is not everything that has a "g" in it that is pronounced "g" -  so the guy said - sorry i am a stranger  as in prnouncing the g as he would have pronounced a burger.
Re: That's A Nigerian? How Can You Tell? by kellorah: 10:00pm On Apr 27, 2007
eiyaaaa. lol grin. poor guy
but y do some of them say hamburger when the really mean beef burger undecided
Re: That's A Nigerian? How Can You Tell? by SeunImpersonator(m): 10:01pm On Apr 27, 2007
because, in short i dont know o- do u know?
Re: That's A Nigerian? How Can You Tell? by kellorah: 10:02pm On Apr 27, 2007
hahaha. dunno. dat's y i asked cheesy
Re: That's A Nigerian? How Can You Tell? by monshege: 10:14pm On Apr 27, 2007
hamburger, beef burger, whataburger, all that matters is there is a burger in between, and maybe to them hamburger sounds more like it, afterall there is hamburger in naija

as for the waiter/waitress, hmm! me think tutoring the foreigner was,
Re: That's A Nigerian? How Can You Tell? by SeunImpersonator(m): 10:16pm On Apr 27, 2007
who has d best looking bum or b o o ty in Nigeria? as in which tribe.
Re: That's A Nigerian? How Can You Tell? by kellorah: 10:19pm On Apr 27, 2007
all a dem
Re: That's A Nigerian? How Can You Tell? by SeunImpersonator(m): 10:24pm On Apr 27, 2007
kello babe - where u from?
Re: That's A Nigerian? How Can You Tell? by kellorah: 10:43pm On Apr 27, 2007
9ja tongue
y?
Re: That's A Nigerian? How Can You Tell? by monshege: 10:44pm On Apr 27, 2007
typical naija

kello with that answer, the person who started this post shall know you are from naija
Re: That's A Nigerian? How Can You Tell? by kellorah: 10:55pm On Apr 27, 2007
well, this IS nairaland, and most N.landers ARE nigerians tongue
Re: That's A Nigerian? How Can You Tell? by SeunImpersonator(m): 11:00pm On Apr 27, 2007
@ kello - when i asked where r u from, i was relating it to my question of who has da most rotundious b o o ty amongst the nija tribes.
Re: That's A Nigerian? How Can You Tell? by kellorah: 11:01pm On Apr 27, 2007
oh my bad. cheesy
i'm half igbo
Re: That's A Nigerian? How Can You Tell? by Okejazz(m): 11:53pm On Apr 27, 2007
S_eun:

depends - if he is ibo - his trouser is big and pulled up to his navel, if he is Hausa, he is as slim as panla - if he is Calabar - he will be a short man devil, if na Warri, im face go dey red like fire, if na yoruba - him fit get mark for face or him go dey look right, look left as if them dey pursue am, if na woman, if na ibo woman, him go yellow well well, or im breast go just shoot out - poi, if na yoruba woman, im idebe - aka ikebe - go dey do 17, 18, 19 bobo - roll one side, roll that side etc. if na calabar girl, im go fat from middle to down, if na hausa, him go get cheek and fat neck like Atiku.

Okay, after all these, if them come dey talk, abeg, make we leave that one yet.

grin, lol. Oga S_eun, appears you've hung out around many Nigerians. Well i no go burn your cable ^^^^^Kellorah.
Re: That's A Nigerian? How Can You Tell? by Okejazz(m): 12:08am On Apr 28, 2007
What i've heard is that Nigerians have very distinct facial features like high cheek bones.
And that they either love to attend school or make a lot of money.  
The true test however is the accent . Some Nigerians no matter the number of years overseas , that typical way of speaking and communication, (for example , that ibotic nna drawl) still lingers.  grin. E no go change.
Re: That's A Nigerian? How Can You Tell? by spoilt(f): 1:44am On Apr 28, 2007
i can spot a nigerian from a mile off. even though a lot of them like to front with fake accents (i wonder why they do that! it kills me!) no matter how much they pretend i know them. its in the eyes and mannerisms no matter what they wear and no matter how long they've been here.! grin . i can also spot them because they overdo. even more than oyibo man sef.
Re: That's A Nigerian? How Can You Tell? by Ndipe(m): 3:01am On Apr 28, 2007
Somehow, you can tell, by their mannerisms and speech. However, there is no distinct way of knowing (other than tribal marks and the rest) if someone is from Nigeria or not.
Re: That's A Nigerian? How Can You Tell? by fadal(m): 8:11pm On Apr 28, 2007
some nigerian look african americanz no lie on this there was this nigerian girl in my school she look african american she dont got no acsent nothing but one day i heard speaking yoruba with her friend with her sista so i ask her if she nigerian and she said yeah.
Re: That's A Nigerian? How Can You Tell? by spoilt(f): 12:33am On Apr 29, 2007
fadal:

some nigerian look african americanz no lie on this there was this nigerian girl in my school she look african american she don't got no acsent nothing but one day i heard speaking yoruba with her friend with her sista so i ask her if she nigerian and she said yeah.

there is no difference between an african american and an african. we look exactly the same until we open our mouths. whoopi goldberg, bernie marc, notorious B.I.G ,wesley snipes etc all look very african. just so you know!

except if theres some white blood in them that they can look different ok?
Re: That's A Nigerian? How Can You Tell? by choongtin(f): 6:56pm On Apr 29, 2007
hahaha jokes well to know a nigerian

well the way they speak still loool u would always know,
the way they dress up omdz
and some words they use as well u wuld always tell,
Re: That's A Nigerian? How Can You Tell? by UsherGurl(f): 7:12pm On Apr 29, 2007
Guys I'm in Senegal and I can say that they many Nigerians here, The only way we know them is the way they dress, their height, the shape of their face and nose and also the way they talk( they shout a lot even if they make jokes!!!).
Well that's how people know if this person is a naija people or not here in Senegal.
Re: That's A Nigerian? How Can You Tell? by kellorah: 7:19pm On Apr 29, 2007
i still can't identify my 9ja people unless i hear them speak (those with 9ja accent) undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ibo, Ijaw, Kaleberi, Yoruba, Which Tribe Is Rotimi Amechi / What Does The Word ''itutu'' Mean In Yoruba? / Complex Genetic Ancestry Of Americans Uncovered.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.