Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,273 members, 7,818,930 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:26 AM

Jonathan Replaces Police Boss And Service Chiefs - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Replaces Police Boss And Service Chiefs (14801 Views)

Kachikwu Replaces Alison-Madueke As OPEC President / Buhari And Service Chiefs In Crucial Meeting / Acting Police IG, Solomon Arase, Senior To Outgoing Police Boss, Suleiman Abba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Replaces Police Boss And Service Chiefs by Nobody: 8:24am On Sep 10, 2010
Hahahahahaha, o lord ,i have never met someone as s.tu.pid as you before. You keep shooting yourself in foot without even looking. Did you read any of the articles that you linked to in your comments

Let , me help you out i can see that you schooled at oshodi market ;

( Link 1 ) http://www.elombah.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=3918:now-that-president-jonathan-has-decimated-the-excess-crude-account&catid=52:daniel-elombah&Itemid=73

These are extracts from this above link ;

Now that President Jonathan has decimated the Excess Crude Account - • Jonathans' Ambition to be President would Bankrupt Nigeria

Thirdly, As Nigerians cry out that the Federal Government has budgeted N10billion Naira for Nigeria@50 celebrations, Jonathan reduced it to N6.5 billion, then N9.5billion. Finally Nigerians learnt that N17 Billion would actually be spent on the jamboree.

Again I emphasize; Nigerians should carefully monitor President Jonathan Goodluck. I have the feeling that by the time Goodluck Jonathan finishes with Nigeria, not only will the treasury be empty, we will be at the pre-1999 level of debt!

Like General Ibrahim Babangida’s dedicated accounts, the excess crude account was wantonly abused because there is no clear law on how the money should be used. Between the President and the Governors, they can draw from the account as they please. An account that holds billions of idle dollars will not escape the attention of even an angel.
Today the savings in the account is finished!
Good riddance?

More than one hundred days into his presidency it is now apparent that President Goodluck Jonathan has the ambition to remain president beyond 2011 despite his party’s zoning agreement.
Let me repeat for emphasis:
At the inception of his government, President Jonathan Goodluck inherited about $7 billion in the ECA Account. $3billion and later another $1billion was shared among the State and Federal Government immediately Jonathan got into office as part of the agreement reached with the governors for them to allow him become Acting President leaving a balance of $3billion.
And now, in preparation for the 2011 election, the balance has been squandered!

Today, foreign debt is also rising. Few years after repaying huge foreign debts, the country’s external loan is to reach $9.4 billion this year based on a proposed 2010 borrowing plan of Jonathan’s Federal Government.
In a letter to the National Assembly dated August 4, 2010, President Goodluck Jonathan requested the legislature to approve external borrowing of $5.242 billion in addition to the present $4.2 billion foreign debt owed by the country.
And observers are asking: what is going on?
Jonathan spends like a drunken sailor!
Not done yet, President Jonathan Goodluck has earmarked $154.3 million or N23.2 billion for the purchase of three new jets for the Presidential Air Fleet. The planes, include a Gulfstream G550 and two new Falcons 7X Aircraft.
This notwithstanding that the presidential fleet currently boasts of eight aircraft - including a 70-tonne Boeing business jet bought in 2006 by former President Olusegun Obasanjo, the Gulfstream V, and Gulfstream IVSP, and two Falcon 900s.
Not too long ago, the INEC under Iwu (Prof. Maurice Iwu) requested a "paltry" sum of N3 billion. Now, Professor Atahiru Jega is jumping the figure to N72 billion. Finally, N87.72 billion was approved for Jega.
This notwithstanding that a third world country like Nigeria, Bangladesh registered 80 million voters at a cost of $65 million in 2008 and today the good old Prof. Jega needs $500 million to register 65 million voters

(link 2) http://www.punchontheweb.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201008204162915

These are extracts from link 2:

His comment titled, “The plane truth,” was posted on his twitter blog on Wednesday but sighted on Thursday by our correspondent.(babangida tactics using sweet words to temper the situation)
Dr. Mansur Muktar, who served as the Minister of Finance during the administration of the late President Umaru Yar’Adua, had also told Nigerians that the new aircraft were not for the use of the President but for other principal officers of the government.

Muktar had said, “They are to be operated as a fleet and will be deployed appropriately to serve other purposes, especially serving principal officers of the Federal Government. This includes the President of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives.”
(now remind me again why the president of the senate and the speaker of the house of representatives need jet of their own? What have they done to deserve such luxury? Can't they travel in commercial jets?)

This is the funniest so far , shows that you lack intelligence and you have the tenacity to lie 99% of the time. I am sure you are PDP stooge.

(Link 3) http://www.enownow.com/news/story.php?sno=5813

You asked me to name one person who is not fit or recycled ,i will name a few

You are a real monkey do you read at all, you are just contradicting yourself, first you put Jonathan squandered $27 billion in 8 months from the ECA account, and wants to spend 50 Billion naira on the independence celebration, now you have changed it to he inherited $7 billion and spent it and the budget for the celebration is 17 billion, clown are you so daft with figures FYI i guess you never know this that Jonathan see's this account as being illegal so also everyone he never squandered it idiot, i guess you don't even read what you typed, a certain amount was shared between the three tiers of government for developmental purposes, how was that squandering on the part of Jonathan, if the governors and local gov't chairmen embezzle the money shared to them for projects in their states how is Jonathan to be held responsible, does he dictates for them on what to do with the monies in their domains or projects to embark on, please fool lace your stuff with facts and reason don't come here blaming Jonathan for your misfortune in life and for making you run away from Nigeria, Jonathan never made you a second class idiot in south africa or even made you become a thug and tout there, Prof jega is in charge of INEC not Jonathan, if he gives a bill of 72 billion naira how is that Jonathan's fault, we all know even Jonathan didn't wanna approve of the money, is it Jonathan that draws up the budget of INEC why should he be held culpable for that and for your information idiot the bill was scrutinised by the National Assembly and Jega defended himself how has that got anything to do with Jonathan, so you find it okay when the speaker of the house was humiliated by a foreign airline, which country on earth would its carrier embarrass Nancy Pelosi or even max sisulu of south africa, because we rile ours so its okay if they are embarrassed by any tom, dick and harry, my friend don't let your hatred for politicians and their notoriety becloud your sense of reasoning, no one is saying they are saints but please put blames squarely on those who should be blamed not on Jonathan because he is the president give the man a break and stop blaming him for your misfortune, you talk as if Jonathan started the debt issue Yar'adua also borrowed money and his case was even worse because the national assembly had to even take it up it was even posted here on nairaland https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-300756.0.html, but i know your pea brain won't see that, You see the whole wrongs bedevilling the country to be Jonathans fault, cool it mister reason, don't come here posting figures and figures and later change them like i said do your research before posting or else you'd make more mockery of your pea brain.
You asked me to name one person who is not fit or recycled ,i will name a few

Duro Akinluyi = Old cargo ,madam rebranding who knows nothing about the word "rebranding" She has been in public service for over 10 years.

Bala Muhammed = Old cargo

Deziani Alison-Madueke = Old Cargo ,she is a shell petroleum stooge and jonathief's girlfriend ,and corrupt as hell

Olusegun Aganga = His former company is being investigated for fraud right after he left.

Nduese Essien = Being in politics since 1979

Josephine Anenih = Old cargo (anenih's wife) and strong supporter of sharia law

Abubakar Mohammed = Old cargo ,clueless about tourism

You should look before you leap so that you don't land yourself in embarrassment and expose your low IQ to the rest of the forum

I can see your a very funny idiot, cus Dora Akunyuli has been in public service for 10 years she's an old cargo, her accomplishments during that time can never be achieved by any member of your generation for a long time to come, Bala mohammed is an accomplished journalist who rose thru the ranks before becoming a senator its his first time being a minister so what's the old cargo or is it because of the age he is now old or recycled, man i don't get your delusional logic even olusegun aganga is old or recycled, hahahaha man u make me laugh, you see what i was saying about your ilk you never find anything good in any public servant no matter where he comes from, even if your father comes on board you'd crucify him even before giving him the chance to serve and stop listening to bus stop thrash it would get you in problem deazeani allison madueke is happily married and not Jonathan's girlfriend would you also call her re-cycled, man its not your fault, its your pea brain that's the problem.
Re: Jonathan Replaces Police Boss And Service Chiefs by playmode(m): 8:44am On Sep 10, 2010
^^^babasoty i am not going to honour you with an abusive response.I believe my point has been made. It is a shame you fail to see it. On the flipside i hope that i am wrong and you are right for the sake of Nigerians. I live comfortably in South Africa but it will be selfish of me not to think of my people back home and the 50 years of suffering they have had to endure in the hands of these goons.I am worried about the future generation ,I don’t want them to have to leave the country to go and hussle like many of us overseas. If our country was good we would never have left.That is what I am fighting for.

I believe my brother Ahidjo has made the SLAM DUNK comments already ,you should read his posts. They are food for thought. I apologize to the other people on this thread for my abusive outburst and i will refrain from doing so any longer.

I wish Nigeria the best and hopefully one day, the right leader will emerge to take us to the promise land.
Re: Jonathan Replaces Police Boss And Service Chiefs by Nobody: 9:23am On Sep 10, 2010
Look my problem with your post is you totally took it out on Jonathan, He is not Nigeria's problem or he didn't create Nigeria's problem like an earlier post I said all society on earth is bedevilled with its own problems Obama is not an angel in America nope, some in the US view his administration as being corrupt and slow same also for Zuma where you are in south africa, I'm not saying Jonathan is a saint but he deserves some good remarks too, let us see what he has to offer first before we crucify him "Its one hundred times easier to criticize than to create" seriously, and some of the figures you posted where totally wrong and misleading about the facts, I know with Jonathan it's not yet uhuru but someday Nigeria would get there and i believe it from my heart, ahidjo's comments might be slam dunk if you think so no wahala but have we ever sat down and asked ourselves seriously, these corrupt politicians where are they from, they ain't from the moon they are Nigerians a product of our own society, our own society generated them that should tell you more about the Nigerian society first, we hear of bad tales of Nigeria outside the country blemishing the image of the good ones, you in S.A should know better where are they from, they are also a product of this society, we are quick to blame leaders in this country and just turn out to be like those leaders in the future, that's Nigeria and that's our society, untill we as a people sit down and talk to ourselves first, and not condone those traits in ourselves first it would continue being on one big cycle, I'm not saying one should not criticise nope, We should but while doing that we should be very honest with our critique, and put the blames squarely, we read about people playing fast one on others even here on nairaland they ain't yet leaders but they do these stuffs and then they call the leaders corrupt, haba
Re: Jonathan Replaces Police Boss And Service Chiefs by Bialegend(m): 11:03am On Sep 10, 2010
ahidjo:

[b]CONTINUED FROM YESTERDAY

Tell me the only country in the modern world where the government does not have the database of all legal and illegal persons living in the country
ANSWER: Nigeria

Tell me the only country in the world where government officials steal millions (now billions) of the country's funds (meant for the public) and nothing, I mean absolutely nothing happens to them.

Tell me the only country where workers are owed months and months of salaries, pensions and gratuities and the government finds it absolutely difficult to figure out how to solve the problem (It is rocket science to them)
Answer: Nigeria

Tell me the only country in the world where national legislators are ridiculously, heavily overpaid for stealing people's money, the citizens (more than 100 million)are so cowardly that they can not chase them (about 500) away permanently.

Tell me the only country in the world where a plate of food (average is 250 naira) is about 3.3% of the monthly minimum wage (7500 naira used) and the so called God sent leaders are not addressing the urgent matter( Please compare countries like united states where most of the food are imported : average food plate: $5, minimum wage: $1160: 0.43%

Tell me the only country in the world where the amount of money spent on GSM services by the citizens (that the government is supposed to protect)is more than double the minimum wage and yet the governement has failed to figure this out and fix it:
AnSWER: Nigeria[/b]

, TO BE CONTINUED
Almahjiri. Ohh yes. All these rubbish are because your northern imbeciles are no longer in power. As long as you didn't write all these rubbish when your northern idiots where head bent on destroying nigeria through their incompetency, you are just exposing your hypocrite nature.
Re: Jonathan Replaces Police Boss And Service Chiefs by oneluvb55(f): 12:33pm On Sep 10, 2010
bravo!
Re: Jonathan Replaces Police Boss And Service Chiefs by Nobody: 1:00pm On Sep 10, 2010
^^
bravo for or against which argument make we know?
Re: Jonathan Replaces Police Boss And Service Chiefs by Dede1(m): 1:04pm On Sep 10, 2010
If Goodluck Jonathan is not the problem, how are the service chiefs and IG of Police turned out to be the problem? Goodluck Jonathan was in position of executive power before some of the service chiefs and IG of police were appointed. What did Goodluck Jonathan do to mitigate the problems facing Nigerians from his position as teacher, Custom Officer, Deputy Governor, Governor, Vice President and President? 

If Goodluck Jonathan runs for presidency of Nigeria under PDP platform, I deduce that he single-handedly destroyed Nigerian teething democracy. In qualified countries, not geographical expression such as Nigeria, an person of authority caught J-walking (crossing the road in violation of traffic rules) can not contest city council election talk less of governor after he/she had flouted party’s constitution.
Re: Jonathan Replaces Police Boss And Service Chiefs by Nobody: 1:12pm On Sep 10, 2010
@dede1

i never said Jonathan is a saint, and please he never flouted his party constitution, the zoning issue has no legal or moral weight, in the advent of democracy pdp zoned it to the south, but Abubakar Rimi bought the form and contested, in 2007 all most all southern governors contested when pdp zoned it to the north, if not for some powerful elements peter odili would have even carried the day given the resources at his disposal, all i am saying is give the man a chance 8 months is not enough to judge his performance and to be fair in this 8 months he has lived up to expectation, not as much as we would have loved to but he has tried and has a listening ear than most former presidents we know, lets be honest with ourselves too on this issue
Re: Jonathan Replaces Police Boss And Service Chiefs by 9ijaMan: 2:29pm On Sep 10, 2010
babasoty:

@dede1

i never said Jonathan is a saint, and please he never flouted his party constitution, the zoning issue has no legal or moral weight, in the advent of democracy pdp zoned it to the south, but Abubakar Rimi bought the form and contested, in 2007 all most all southern governors contested when pdp zoned it to the north, if not for some powerful elements peter odili would have even carried the day given the resources at his disposal, all i am saying is give the man a chance 8 months is not enough to judge his performance and to be fair in this 8 months he has lived up to expectation, not as much as we would have loved to but he has tried and has a listening ear than most former presidents we know, lets be honest with ourselves too on this issue

@ babasoty,
Your expectations must be extremely shallow for you to reach such a conclusion. Since you are his ardent supporter, can you kindly inform the house of his "achievements" which have met your own expectations? As stated by dede1, GEJ has been in government for years, what are his past records apart from getting to power by chance? I was in the South South when he was the Governor of Bayelsa, and he left the government house without anything to show for it in terms of infrastructural development. The little Bayelsa had, was put in place by the corrupt Alams. I know your excuse again would be, "he was only there for just about 14 months".
GEJ was part and parcel of UMYA's government as the second in command, and at best he was docile during the almost 3 years he was VP, just as he's been docile in the last 8 months. Once again, please point out his achievements, apart from him stoking the embers of tribalism and religious intolerance with his appointments since he entered Aso Rock (thru the back door again).

As per PDP zoning, it is part of the party's ethos to zone and GEJ flouting such an agreement is a pointer to what he'll do to 9jans should he ever win the race for Aso rock in 2011. All I hear is him claiming to be committed to free and fair elections. I wonder how you can be free, just and fair in a game when you are the umpire and as well as a participant. This singular act is enough for us all to know the fraud that he really is!
I hope every 9jan is not fooled by this "he has a listening ear" syndrome. What good is "a listening ear" is all it gets us is for us to make a big "U-turn" in very single major decision we make? Of what benefit is "a listening ear" if the masses are getting poorer and electricity problem persists?
Re: Jonathan Replaces Police Boss And Service Chiefs by playmode(m): 2:37pm On Sep 10, 2010
babasoty:

Look my problem with your post is you totally took it out on Jonathan, He is not Nigeria's problem or he didn't create Nigeria's problem like an earlier post I said all society on earth is bedevilled with its own problems Obama is not an angel in America nope, some in the US view his administration as being corrupt and slow same also for Zuma where you are in south africa, I'm not saying Jonathan is a saint but he deserves some good remarks too, let us see what he has to offer first before we crucify him "Its one hundred times easier to criticize than to create" seriously, and some of the figures you posted where totally wrong and misleading about the facts, I know with Jonathan it's not yet uhuru but someday Nigeria would get there and i believe it from my heart, ahidjo's comments might be slam dunk if you think so no wahala but have we ever sat down and asked ourselves seriously, these corrupt politicians where are they from, they ain't from the moon they are Nigerians a product of our own society, our own society generated them that should tell you more about the Nigerian society first, we hear of bad tales of Nigeria outside the country blemishing the image of the good ones, you in S.A should know better where are they from, they are also a product of this society, we are quick to blame leaders in this country and just turn out to be like those leaders in the future, that's Nigeria and that's our society, untill we as a people sit down and talk to ourselves first, and not condone those traits in ourselves first it would continue being on one big cycle, I'm not saying one should not criticise nope, We should but while doing that we should be very honest with our critique, and put the blames squarely, we read about people playing fast one on others even here on nairaland they ain't yet leaders but they do these stuffs and then they call the leaders corrupt, haba

I understand where you are coming from but i just hope for the sake of the 150 million Nigerian citizens all over the world (including me) that Jonathan makes good moves. To be honest with you ,i prefer Ribadu to him but what i have gathered recently is that Ribadu himself is not a saint. There are allegations that he was OBJ's tool (i tire ooooo) and the fact that he is now in alliance with tinunbu (someone he was alleged to have referred to as a corrupt politician ).When are we going to find a candidate like the likes of "obama"   I mean a candidate with out excess baggage

One thing i agree with you is the "society" thing. Yes our society in it's current state cannot provide good leaders unless there is a change of attitude. Jonathan should arrest the likes of OBJ and Babangida ,that will be a good move in the right direction or wetin you feel ?
Re: Jonathan Replaces Police Boss And Service Chiefs by 9ijaMan: 2:45pm On Sep 10, 2010
playmode:

I understand where you are coming from but i just hope for the sake of the 150 million Nigerian citizens all over the world (including me) that Jonathan makes good moves. To be honest with you ,i prefer Ribadu to him but what i have gathered recently is that Ribadu himself is not a saint. There are allegations that he was OBJ tools (i tire ooooo) and the fact that he is now in alliance with tinunbu (someone he was alleged to have referred to as a corrupt politician ).When are we going to find a candidate like the likes of "obama"   I mean a candidate with out excess baggage

One thing i agree with you is the "society" thing. Yes our society in it's current state cannot provide good leaders unless there is a change of attitude. Jonathan should arrest the likes of OBJ and Babangida ,that will be a good move in the right direction or wetin you feel ?

@ playmode,
GEJ cannot and will not arrest IBB and OBJ and I'll advise you to stop bothering yourself with such wishful thinking (at least not from GEJ).
On a 9ja version of an Obama, I'd give that appendage to Buhari, however, he does not have the financial backing to actualize the feat. He remains the only one who would be bold enough to jail IBB and OBJ. Unfortunately, both IBB & OBJ will work tirelessly to ensure Buhari never gets there. The 9ja media is also playing a major role in his case. Buhari has been severally branded as a religious bigot (Islamic extremist) yet there has been no shred of evidence to substantiate such claims.
Re: Jonathan Replaces Police Boss And Service Chiefs by truly: 3:03pm On Sep 10, 2010
babasoty:

@dede1

If you say zoning (which is in the PDP's constitutipon) has no moral or legal weight, why is it that PDP bothers to amend the constitution at all
If morality is not an issue why did Abdusalaami not hand over on Oct 1?
  He determined what time he required to conduct an election and fixed his exit date shortly after (May 29) rather than hold on till Oct 1
That powerful element is what is called zoning and that was what made Odili and Rimi not get the ticket
I remember when a lot of people were saying zoning no longer exists, zoning no longer exists while it remains in the constitution of the PDP

Has Johnathan lived up to expectation?
Did he deliver on his Dec 2009  6,000 MW assignment
If he was hamstrung by Yaradua as some people claim (although he did not say so himself)
  Why did he not start implementing the plan he had as soon as he became acting VP
How long did he take him to come up with a blueprint
And do you think that bluepringt is earthsahking?

If we listen to his arguments - must we buy 3 new jets. He claims that it was in a previous budget,
If that is so, he has not upheld everything he inherited from Yaradua, so must he retain that item in the budget?

You have previously argued that the money laundering case against his wife does not affect him
On 11 September, 2006, $13.5 million was seized from Patience Jonathan
I hope you know that this amount is over 10 times the amount that cost Ogbulafor PDP chairmanship under GJ's presidency
Do you seriously believe Patience suddenly came about so much money through her business of, ?
and that GJ was never found guilty of any offence
 I hope you know that this also exonerates IBB and everyone of the lot of any guilt since they have not been convicted

Nwodo, his preference for PDP chairmanship was involved in the Sunday Afolabi-led ID card scam
Is that hope-giving?

You say Nigeria is not easy to govern
I disagree absolutely; Nigeria is too easy to rule!
What is Fashola really doing to warrant all the noise?
It is just because of the low standard we have set for ourselves
Consider what Obama is going through - he is sprouting grey hairs daily, yet he is being accused of doing nothing
The fact that we have no concrete achievements while people are just saying
 let us give him a chance, he has made some appointments that tilt power in favour of the SE/SS etc
(This is zero-sum game politics - this does not improve overall standard of living)
implies our leaders fool us easily
Re: Jonathan Replaces Police Boss And Service Chiefs by Dede1(m): 3:06pm On Sep 10, 2010
9ijaMan:

@ babasoty,
Your expectations must be extremely shallow for you to reach such a conclusion. Since you are his ardent supporter, can you kindly inform the house of his "achievements" which have met your own expectations? As stated by dede1, GEJ has been in government for years, what are his past records apart from getting to power by chance? I was in the South South when he was the Governor of Bayelsa, and he left the government house without anything to show for it in terms of infrastructural development. The little Bayelsa had, was put in place by the corrupt Alams. I know your excuse again would be, "he was only there for just about 14 months".
GEJ was part and parcel of UMYA's government as the second in command, and at best he was docile during the almost 3 years he was VP, just as he's been docile in the last 8 months. Once again, please point out his achievements, apart from him stoking the embers of tribalism and religious intolerance with his appointments since he entered Aso Rock (thru the back door again).

As per PDP zoning, it is part of the party's ethos to zone and GEJ flouting such an agreement is a pointer to what he'll do to 9jans should he ever win the race for Aso rock in 2011. All I hear is him claiming to be committed to free and fair elections. I wonder how you can be free, just and fair in a game when you are the umpire and as well as a participant. This singular act is enough for us all to know the fraud that he really is!
I hope every 9jan is not fooled by this "he has a listening ear" syndrome. What good is "a listening ear" is all it gets us is for us to make a big "U-turn" in very single major decision we make? Of what benefit is "a listening ear" if the masses are getting poorer and electricity problem persists?

Bro, it could not have been written better than your piece. If Nigerians can not observe mere statutory code or even cultural organization bylaws, how on earth can they practice democracy? It is unfathomable how Goodluck Jonathan can conduct fair and free election when he is a contestant. Believe me; it amounts to embarrassing political naïveté for a person to insinuate such nonsense.
Re: Jonathan Replaces Police Boss And Service Chiefs by truly: 3:12pm On Sep 10, 2010
Beaf:

I really pity those making foolish references to the govt website. There is nothing wrong with it and the links work.
Abeg, find something real to criticise, because it seems really desperate to base a govts ability on a single website (thats working anyway). I mean. . . Really desperate! But dia bullet don finish na! grin
It is really sad that you are standing the truth on its head!
This is something that is simply verifiable
Nobody says you should not support Johnathan
But to claim that a website that is a disgrace is ok
is pushing it

For a country that has produced Achebe (his book is used in an Ethics class in Harvard University) and Wole Soyinka
The first thing on that page is a shame

"Jonathan - Sambo administration is focus to establish a, "
When you click on "about the Villa" or "Our Government" - you get the same message

And you are still calling some people foolish

You get this additional info under "Our government"  
PRESIDENT DR. GOODLUCK EBELE JONATHAN, GCON   VICE PRESIDENT ARC MOHAMMED NAMADI SAMBO, GCON, FNIA

OFFICE OF THE FIRST LADY   THE CABINET

Meanwhile, people have been saying zoning is unconstitutional. What about this office of The First Lady
Is it constitutional? Is it occupied by somebody whose $13.5m money laundering case has not been decided?

BTW is GJ not GCFR?
Re: Jonathan Replaces Police Boss And Service Chiefs by truly: 3:20pm On Sep 10, 2010
playmode:

I understand where you are coming from but i just hope for the sake of the 150 million Nigerian citizens all over the world (including me) that Jonathan makes good moves. To be honest with you ,i prefer Ribadu to him but what i have gathered recently is that Ribadu himself is not a saint. There are allegations that he was OBJ's tool (i tire ooooo) and the fact that he is now in alliance with tinunbu (someone he was alleged to have referred to as a corrupt politician ).When are we going to find a candidate like the likes of "obama"   I mean a candidate with out excess baggage

Ribadu is better than Johnathan - Ribadu is sincere but got carried away by zealotry
GJ is a PDP true blood and he carries the PDP virus - impunity, disregard for welfare of the masses (CF Ogun state WAEC candidates) and disrepect for rule of law (eg Ngige abduction as family affair; zoning issue, Ogbulafor/Nwodo as 6/half a dozen)
Buhari is the best
But there is an  campaign of calumny against him, but no evidence
Re: Jonathan Replaces Police Boss And Service Chiefs by Nobody: 3:34pm On Sep 10, 2010
truly:

Ribadu is better than Johnathan - Ribadu is sincere but got carried away by zealotry
GJ is a PDP true blood and he carries the PDP virus - impunity, disregard for welfare of the masses (CF Ogun state WAEC candidates) and disrepect for rule of law (eg Ngige abduction as family affair; zoning issue, Ogbulafor/Nwodo as 6/half a dozen)
Buhari is the best
But there is an  campaign of calumny against him, but no evidence
this is always my problem with some of nl's analyst,what do you mean by ''Campaign of Calumny against buhari'' ?
Re: Jonathan Replaces Police Boss And Service Chiefs by Nobody: 3:38pm On Sep 10, 2010
If you say zoning (which is in the PDP's constitutipon) has no moral or legal weight, why is it that PDP bothers to amend the constitution at all
If morality is not an issue why did Abdusalaami not hand over on Oct 1?
  He determined what time he required to conduct an election and fixed his exit date shortly after (May 29) rather than hold on till Oct 1
That powerful element is what is called zoning and that was what made Odili and Rimi not get the ticket
I remember when a lot of people were saying zoning no longer exists, zoning no longer exists while it remains in the constitution of the PDP

Has Johnathan lived up to expectation?
Did he deliver on his Dec 2009  6,000 MW assignment
If he was hamstrung by Yaradua as some people claim (although he did not say so himself)
  Why did he not start implementing the plan he had as soon as he became acting VP
How long did he take him to come up with a blueprint
And do you think that bluepringt is earthsahking?

If we listen to his arguments - must we buy 3 new jets. He claims that it was in a previous budget,
If that is so, he has not upheld everything he inherited from Yaradua, so must he retain that item in the budget?

You have previously argued that the money laundering case against his wife does not affect him
On 11 September, 2006, $13.5 million was seized from Patience Jonathan
I hope you know that this amount is over 10 times the amount that cost Ogbulafor PDP chairmanship under GJ's presidency
Do you seriously believe Patience suddenly came about so much money through her business of, ?
and that GJ was never found guilty of any offence
 I hope you know that this also exonerates IBB and everyone of the lot of any guilt since they have not been convicted

Nwodo, his preference for PDP chairmanship was involved in the Sunday Afolabi-led ID card scam
Is that hope-giving?

You say Nigeria is not easy to govern
I disagree absolutely; Nigeria is too easy to rule!
What is Fashola really doing to warrant all the noise?
It is just because of the low standard we have set for ourselves
Consider what Obama is going through - he is sprouting grey hairs daily, yet he is being accused of doing nothing
The fact that we have no concrete achievements while people are just saying
 let us give him a chance, he has made some appointments that tilt power in favour of the SE/SS etc
(This is zero-sum game politics - this does not improve overall standard of living)
implies our leaders fool us easily

Ok lemme reply to your comments, i hope we keep it constructive and learn from each other, yes you rightly said there was zoning in pdp in 2003 but what was the morality for Abubakar Rimi contesting, He was a founding father of pdp, why wasn't he stopped by the party, the party knew it could not stop him in court they allowed him contest and muscled him out in the primaries, yes they say zoning but legally can they stop anyone from contesting absolutely NO, they can't they couldn't stop Odili, Duke and the rest of the southerners from contesting but they muscled them out in the primaries, if Odili had won the primaries would pdp have stopped him, would they have denied him the ticket Absolutely No, about not realising the said threshold on power yes that was one of his shortcomings and everyone knows he didn't call the shots then a lot of factors would have mitigated that but on assumption of office he made that sector his priority, please be honest would you say the power issue is not being tackled, would you say the Barth Nnaji committee is not working, it has been years on negligent and decay in that sector we can't expect a miracle overnight but to be frank total output has increased since then, he has gone ahead to unveil his plan http://allafrica.com/stories/201009100207.html,  lets see him not implement them first then we nail him, about the jets i think i have nailed that on a previous post, everybody makes reference to fashola, he is a good man and his intentions for lagos are good but you and i know that there is an ongoing investigation of fraud levelled against him and a probe by the house there, that's why i said its not easy ruling even with the good works we can ascribe to him, there are allegations against him you see why i said its not easy, why is IBB having the boldness to contest because no court in Nigeria has proved a case of corruption against him, we all know he enriched himself on our sovereign wealth, but has it been proven NO, and I am not an avid campaigner for Jonathan but all I am saying is lets allow him work first before we kill him, I reside in Nigeria, I work in Bayelsa though i'm not from there, there was considerable achievements in his 14 months there than sylvia's 4 years, this man has never been given the chance to truly function lets give him the chance at least he bows to pressure from the populace unlike former rulers, someone cited Buhari as a perfect example compared to Obama, most of us won't vote even for his presumed uprightness so tell me why is that ?, like I said in my earlier post, we the populace at times are to blame for all these rubbish happening in our country cus the looters emerge from out of us. thanks
Re: Jonathan Replaces Police Boss And Service Chiefs by truly: 3:39pm On Sep 10, 2010
~Bluetooth:

this is always my problem with some of nl's analyst,what do you mean by ''Campaign of Calumny against buhari'' ?
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=511258.msg6728119#msg6728119

They claim he stole money, he is anti South, he did not do anything - Idiagbiob did all etc
Where is the evidence?
Re: Jonathan Replaces Police Boss And Service Chiefs by Nobody: 3:45pm On Sep 10, 2010
truly:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=511258.msg6728119#msg6728119

They claim he stole money, he is anti South, he did not do anything - Idiagbiob did all etc
Where is the evidence?

Is that the only thing he was accused of ?
Re: Jonathan Replaces Police Boss And Service Chiefs by mrperfect(m): 3:45pm On Sep 10, 2010
If people are happy about it I think is a welcome development.
Re: Jonathan Replaces Police Boss And Service Chiefs by truly: 3:46pm On Sep 10, 2010
~Bluetooth:

Is that the only thing he was accused of ?
Maybe you have more, can you enlighten me then?
Re: Jonathan Replaces Police Boss And Service Chiefs by Nobody: 3:48pm On Sep 10, 2010
GEJ cannot and will not arrest IBB and OBJ and I'll advise you to stop bothering yourself with such wishful thinking (at least not from GEJ).
On a 9ja version of an Obama, I'd give that appendage to Buhari, however, he  does not have the financial backing to actualize the feat. He remains the only one who would be bold enough to jail IBB and OBJ. Unfortunately, both IBB & OBJ will work tirelessly to ensure Buhari never gets there. The 9ja media is also playing a major role in his case. Buhari has been severally branded as a religious bigot (Islamic extremist) yet there has been no shred of evidence to substantiate such claims.

before you also praise him, ever heard of PTF, it was a corruption machine under his watch as chairman
Re: Jonathan Replaces Police Boss And Service Chiefs by Nobody: 3:51pm On Sep 10, 2010
Can the buhari fans answer this questions

- The N1.2 Billion that got missing at the Petroleum Ministry that Fela sang so loudly about was under Buhari's watch.

- The Kaduna Refinery was meant for Lagos at Inogbe Island with jetty already constructed, he took it to Kaduna as Minster of Petroleum.

-What was in those 53 luggages brought in by his in-law that he sent his ADC to go and clear at the MMA at a critical stage that we were changing Nigerian Currency, we may never know.

-Who owns the company that he appointed at the agent to NPTF and why was project initiations so heavily tiltled in favor of the North?

-Why did he jail Ekwueme and put Shagari under house arrest? how did Uba Ahmed the Secretary of that government "escaped" or "vamoosed" after he was arrested at that time?

-Why is it that soldier were breaking into people's warehouses to loot and forcibly sell goods with impunity and in the crudest manner ever existed anywhere during his regime?

-Why was Tunde Thompson and Nduka Irabor jailed for reporting the truth under the draconian and infamous Decrees 2 and 4

-What about the executive murder of Bernand Owoh, Ojuolape and one other?

-He cancelled meal subsidies in our higher institutions when we can afford it, did mass retrenchment in civil service, increased school fees at the same time and then embark on destroying the shops of the wives that would have helped out during his draconian reign and arrested kids who dare hawk for the family.

Some have tried to justify these nonsense with suceeding in asking us to line up at bus stations, excuse me!

His reign was one of the worst Nigeria ever witnessed.
Re: Jonathan Replaces Police Boss And Service Chiefs by Nobody: 3:52pm On Sep 10, 2010
truly:

Maybe you have more, can you enlighten me then?
why should i enlighten when you've already called those allegations against him as campaign of calumny. . .the fact is that Buhari is no different from the other ex-generals,
Re: Jonathan Replaces Police Boss And Service Chiefs by Nobody: 4:00pm On Sep 10, 2010
Buhari like IBB dosen't believe in democracy or the rule of law, that's a man who refused to submit himself to the Justice oputa panel now wants to rule us and you compare him to Obama, would Obama not submit himself to a panel if called, do the maths man he's upright i agree but also he's anti-democratic that's our fear about him, that's a man who suspended the emir of kano and the Ooni of ife respectively, c'mon who is this the man we wanna compare to Obama
Re: Jonathan Replaces Police Boss And Service Chiefs by Nobody: 4:09pm On Sep 10, 2010
babasoty:

Buhari like IBB dosen't believe in democracy or the rule of law, that's a man who refused to submit himself to the Justice oputa panel now wants to rule us and you compare him to Obama, would Obama not submit himself to a panel if called, do the maths man he's upright i agree but also he's anti-democratic that's our fear about him, that's a man who suspended the emir of kano and the Ooni of ife respectively, c'mon who is this the man we wanna compare to Obama
Maybe we should ask buhari why he truncated a democratic process in the first instance on the most stup!d excuse. .i wonder if the US or british military would organise a military coup on the excuse that the president or prime minister is not performing.I guess that is also a campaign of calumny . .
Re: Jonathan Replaces Police Boss And Service Chiefs by truly: 4:36pm On Sep 10, 2010
babasoty:

Ok lemme reply to your comments, i hope we keep it constructive and learn from each other, yes you rightly said there was zoning in pdp in 2003 but what was the morality for Abubakar Rimi contesting, He was a founding father of pdp, why wasn't he stopped by the party, the party knew it could not stop him in court they allowed him contest and muscled him out in the primaries, yes they say zoning but legally can they stop anyone from contesting absolutely NO, they can't they couldn't stop Odili, Duke and the rest of the southerners from contesting but they muscled them out in the primaries, if Odili had won the primaries would pdp have stopped him, would they have denied him the ticket Absolutely No, about not realising the said threshold on power yes that was one of his shortcomings and everyone knows he didn't call the shots then a lot of factors would have mitigated that but on assumption of office he made that sector his priority, please be honest would you say the power issue is not being tackled, would you say the Barth Nnaji committee is not working, it has been years on negligent and decay in that sector we can't expect a miracle overnight but to be frank total output has increased since then, he has gone ahead to unveil his plan http://allafrica.com/stories/201009100207.html,  lets see him not implement them first then we nail him, about the jets i think i have nailed that on a previous post, everybody makes reference to fashola, he is a good man and his intentions for lagos are good but you and i know that there is an ongoing investigation of fraud levelled against him and a probe by the house there, that's why i said its not easy ruling even with the good works we can ascribe to him, there are allegations against him you see why i said its not easy, why is IBB having the boldness to contest because no court in Nigeria has proved a case of corruption against him, we all know he enriched himself on our sovereign wealth, but has it been proven NO, and I am not an avid campaigner for Jonathan but all I am saying is lets allow him work first before we kill him, I reside in Nigeria, I work in Bayelsa though i'm not from there, there was considerable achievements in his 14 months there than sylvia's 4 years, this man has never been given the chance to truly function lets give him the chance at least he bows to pressure from the populace unlike former rulers, someone cited Buhari as a perfect example compared to Obama, most of us won't vote even for his presumed uprightness so tell me why is that ?, like I said in my earlier post, we the populace at times are to blame for all these rubbish happening in our country cus the looters emerge from out of us. thanks
on Zoning, let them muscle out GJ too now if that is their way of enforcing it
Why should you care about people (Rimi, Odili, GJ) who would not respect the party's constitution

I would be very happy indeed if we BOTH would be honest
What you are saying has been addressed in my post
The excuse that you could make for GJ is that he was not empowered
 Again he only complained that he was not allowed to see Yaradua; not that he was not empowered - people are making up excuses for    him now. I wonder what Sambo will say in the future
 But you don't need empowerment to make plan or develop a blueprint
So what was he doing as chair of NIPP?
 He should have unveiled his plan in Februray rather than Aug

It was Obj that introduced NIPP, came up with the laws that split NEPA into distribution, transmission, generation coys
Anyway Mikeansy is coming to tell you that Obj did a lot
Go and read my posts - I cannot stand Obj BTW - he is perhaps amongst the worst we ever had

As for Fashola, it shows that we are easy to rule
I have friends working in banks
They have an internal auditor at the branch, they have Inspection at Head Office, they receive CBN examiners (routine and special) and NDIC examiners, they have external auditors
So these people are doing their jobs and they take inspection, investigation, auditing as routine workaday issues

Somebody levels allegation against a governor, then we are told it is wrong
In the US, hundreds of millions of dollars were used to investigate Bill Clinton only to find he was making out with somebody
And they wanted to impeach him for lying about an affair - somethinh men do by reflex - lie about affairs

How did you know that IBB enriched himself and yet you do not know that GJ knows about the $13.5m patience was laundering during
GJ's time as governor?
You said we should be honest, remember?

Has anybody ever mentioned GJ's achievements in those 14months
And don't compare him with somebody who would send people from Bayelsa to Abuja to kidnap journalist who wrote what he did not like

If we are part of the problem, why do you want to vote for a man whose wife is so greedy and facing corruption charges
while there is a Buhari who to date has not been so soiled?
Re: Jonathan Replaces Police Boss And Service Chiefs by Dede1(m): 4:39pm On Sep 10, 2010
I had rather vote for someone who refused to appear before a constituted panel than vote for someone who is inherently a backstabber, butt-licker, biter of the finger that fed him/her and no respecter of any constitution. If Goodluck Jonathan runs as a PDP candidate against the backdrop of section 7-2C of the party’s constitution, he is doubly qualified as all the adjectival clauses on this post.
Re: Jonathan Replaces Police Boss And Service Chiefs by truly: 4:40pm On Sep 10, 2010
~Bluetooth:

why should i enlighten when you've already called those allegations against him as campaign of calumny. . .the fact is that Buhari is no different from the other ex-generals,
You asked me a question, I answered
When it is your turn, you refuse and just make a sweeping statement

So Obj, Abacha, Ironsi, Gowon, Nzegwu, IBB, Buhari are the same
Then why should I not vote for Atiku since all civilians are also the same?
Re: Jonathan Replaces Police Boss And Service Chiefs by asoplus: 4:44pm On Sep 10, 2010
@Parnassuss (m)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey this can't be right, i have it good authority that the new chief is an Igbo fellow, complicated name I can't remember but he is from the regular 19th course.  

This is another sentimental issue u're creating. Jonathan did not remove Onovo based on Tribal measures. If u're a fan of Jonathan, then u need not to allow sentiments and sectionalism overcroud/overcloud your judgment. I think this will help the poor Jonathan.
Re: Jonathan Replaces Police Boss And Service Chiefs by Nobody: 4:50pm On Sep 10, 2010
truly:

You asked me a question, I answered
When it is your turn, you refuse and just make a sweeping statement

So Obj, Abacha, Ironsi, Gowon, Nzegwu, IBB, Buhari are the same
Then why should I not vote for Atiku since all civilians are also the same?
ok no problem. . .did buhari ever acted or thought of being a democrat ? If yes,why did he truncate shagari government ?
Re: Jonathan Replaces Police Boss And Service Chiefs by Nobody: 5:08pm On Sep 10, 2010
on Zoning, let them muscle out GJ too now if that is their way of enforcing it
Why should you care about people (Rimi, Odili, GJ) who would not respect the party's constitution

I would be very happy indeed if we BOTH would be honest
What you are saying has been addressed in my post
The excuse that you could make for GJ is that he was not empowered
Again he only complained that he was not allowed to see Yaradua; not that he was not empowered - people are making up excuses for him now. I wonder what Sambo will say in the future
But you don't need empowerment to make plan or develop a blueprint
So what was he doing as chair of NIPP?
He should have unveiled his plan in Februray rather than Aug

It was Obj that introduced NIPP, came up with the laws that split NEPA into distribution, transmission, generation coys
Anyway Mikeansy is coming to tell you that Obj did a lot
Go and read my posts - I cannot stand Obj BTW - he is perhaps amongst the worst we ever had

As for Fashola, it shows that we are easy to rule
I have friends working in banks
They have an internal auditor at the branch, they have Inspection at Head Office, they receive CBN examiners (routine and special) and NDIC examiners, they have external auditors
So these people are doing their jobs and they take inspection, investigation, auditing as routine workaday issues

Somebody levels allegation against a governor, then we are told it is wrong
In the US, hundreds of millions of dollars were used to investigate Bill Clinton only to find he was making out with somebody
And they wanted to impeach him for lying about an affair - somethinh men do by reflex - lie about affairs

How did you know that IBB enriched himself and yet you do not know that GJ knows about the $13.5m patience was laundering during
GJ's time as governor?
You said we should be honest, remember?

Has anybody ever mentioned GJ's achievements in those 14months
And don't compare him with somebody who would send people from Bayelsa to Abuja to kidnap journalist who wrote what he did not like

If we are part of the problem, why do you want to vote for a man whose wife is so greedy and facing corruption charges
while there is a Buhari who to date has not been so soiled?

You said the right thing let the other contenders muscle out GEJ, legally they can't do that so let them play politics and muscle him out, Its a big difference with him running the show now than when he was veepee that we must all agree and it also goes with the power of being the president, as veepee he wasn't the minister of power was he, but now its a different ball game and if you read the link i posted you'd see that the ball has already been set rolling for its implementation, if you think it is easy to rule as in the case of fashola would his achievements ever warrant a probe, absolutely no way ask your friends if there jobs are easy they practically would tell you no they would complain that its not an easy task even if they do it everyday, even the civil servants who sit in the office all day long doing nothing would tell you its not easy doing that, you should come to bayelsa at least i work here there are people who would boast of his achievements in office being governor for 14 months only and saying buhari is not corrupt that i totally disagree, PTF was a cesspool of corrupt practices while he held sway there, every body who could bare a name that sounds northern could get a contract there, were all the contracts given out in PTF executed no way, people say he wasn't corrupt but the contractors were negligent in their jobs who are we to blame for that is it not the awarder of the contract, i put some questions there for anyone defending buhari to please answer, please Buhari is no saint either with his antecedents as a military dictator and draconian rules i think he is worse off than Jonathan

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Borno To Demolish Churches For The Construction Of Housing Units / Kwankwaso Shuns Tinubu’s Committee — Ganduje's Aide / Why Okorocha Is Free To Leave APC - Osita Okechukwu, VON DG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 174
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.