Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,241 members, 7,818,825 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:00 AM

Jonathan Replaces Police Boss And Service Chiefs - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Replaces Police Boss And Service Chiefs (14800 Views)

Kachikwu Replaces Alison-Madueke As OPEC President / Buhari And Service Chiefs In Crucial Meeting / Acting Police IG, Solomon Arase, Senior To Outgoing Police Boss, Suleiman Abba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Replaces Police Boss And Service Chiefs by rhymz(m): 7:42pm On Sep 08, 2010
babasoty:

Total Rubbish, your maid can run Nigeria, my bet she runs your life, your just rambling all about, FYI there is a power roadmap unveiled by the president in lagos, there  is committee overseeing that headed by Prof Barth Nnaji an accomplished Nigerian, Nigeria is worth nothing I see the reason  why you bolted outta the country, if its worth nothing why are you complaining, why don't you change your nationality, maybe you don't know http://www.nigeria.gov.ng/ that's the website for the Nigerian government, please before you start bashing try and research all the lame complaints you posted here weren't created by Jonathan so spare the man, You just a brainless spineless man who instead of contributing his quota decides to bolt, I pity you
. . .this is exactly why I like Nairaland, just when you want to dazzle us with hear-say and half-truths, sb just comes in and puncture your soufflé. . .well on point my brother, I was going to reply him but then again this is just enuf, cant get any better than this. Thank You!
Re: Jonathan Replaces Police Boss And Service Chiefs by Nobody: 7:44pm On Sep 08, 2010
Operation 2011: I must never fail this election. Mr Ebele continue jo,
Re: Jonathan Replaces Police Boss And Service Chiefs by shakara4u(m): 7:47pm On Sep 08, 2010
rhymz:

. . .this is exactly why I like Nairaland, just when you want to dazzle us with hear-say and half-truths, sb just comes in and puncture your soufflé. . .well on point my brother, I was going to reply him but then again this is just enuf, cant get any better than this. Thank You!
@ rhmz yea, wonder wat d dude is even sayin,
Re: Jonathan Replaces Police Boss And Service Chiefs by slap1(m): 7:55pm On Sep 08, 2010
Onovo, please come home and be kidnapped, abeg!
Re: Jonathan Replaces Police Boss And Service Chiefs by Nobody: 8:02pm On Sep 08, 2010
This na naija. Same pattern! Let the game begin Jonathan!
Re: Jonathan Replaces Police Boss And Service Chiefs by rhymz(m): 8:05pm On Sep 08, 2010
Gbawe
While I agree with you that the appointments were out of political expediency, I do not see your point in demonizing GEJ. I would rather settle for GEJ than risk the possibility of another IBB and Atiku.
And pls stop complaining, this is politics, the game is not fair not even the US with all their claims of democracy. We all witnessed in 2000 Bush vs Al Gore it was not fair but damn it Bush became president. What do you expect GEJ to do with the likes of IBB in the picture who is ready to do anything to oust him out of Aso rock. The rules of the game is: 'You either shape up or ship out' there is no Mr nice guy here, everyone is playing dirty both the accuse and the accuser, so 4ck the rules.
Mikeansy
I was also not weary of the ppl that comprises our Forces until Dambazua and his cohorts pulled a fast one on us and undermined their boss's authority and sent a whole 300 soldiers to recieve a comatose YARADUA. For what na? Was he in any serious security danger? Were they trying to rescue him from the enemies in a combat? What exactly was the purpose of secretly releasing a war chest like that if not to serve as a gesture to pass a message of who was in control and yet you think I was demonizing the force. Guy you need to check history again abeg.
GEJ understands the risk of letting those men hang around the force, in the hand of the wrong ppl, those men will do anything. All you need to do is appeal to their taste citing numbers and place of origin and you will see them do the unthinkable that are better imagined than experienced.
Re: Jonathan Replaces Police Boss And Service Chiefs by slap1(m): 8:07pm On Sep 08, 2010
If possible he should sack the South East governors for closing the universities for over one month.Lol.
Re: Jonathan Replaces Police Boss And Service Chiefs by Nobody: 8:09pm On Sep 08, 2010
onlytruth link=topic=msg6399970 date=1283972526:

Bros, I share the same sentiment on this. I am particularly embarrassed Embarrassed because I remember canvassing for his ascendancy to the I.G position right here on nairaland. The guy rewarded us with a big slap in the face. I should have known that no product of the Nigerian police force is capable of rational thought or clean dealings. Anyone who rose through the rank of the Nigerian police force up to IG level is a typical corrupt and morally bankrupt individual. Clean officers never make it that high in the ranks. You have to be a hidden criminal and a murderer to rise. If he is a clean person, he would have resigned for failing to do his job, but no. He had to throw his own people under the bus to save his stinking hide. Angry

Onovo should just shut up. He will soon lose his job anyway because the president has beamed his searchlight on the leadership of the police to find out why they have failed to arrest the crime in Nigeria.

Onovo should get ready to head to Siberia soon because no sane Igbo man would touch him with a 100 feet pole. He is ALONE now.

Gotten from only truth at www. nairaland. com/nigeria/topic-480263.0. html on July 17th 2010
Re: Jonathan Replaces Police Boss And Service Chiefs by ayo84(m): 8:29pm On Sep 08, 2010
Way to go goodluck jonathan, the fear of jonathan is the beginning of wisdom,
he is finally taking control of the country, he's liver failure sickness is finally over.
Now the governors would start behaving themselves, they have grown too powerful for comfort,there has to be order in the system for goodness sake
Re: Jonathan Replaces Police Boss And Service Chiefs by monkeyleg: 8:42pm On Sep 08, 2010
@ Ayo84 and if the Governors dont behave themselves what can he do. As usual Nigerians get carried away like little kids in a candy store, but Like I have always said, Nigerians have the leaders they deserve
Re: Jonathan Replaces Police Boss And Service Chiefs by JUO(m): 8:45pm On Sep 08, 2010
hahah true talk
Re: Jonathan Replaces Police Boss And Service Chiefs by ayo84(m): 8:47pm On Sep 08, 2010
everybody don do illegal runs oh,every gobernor get skeleton for cupboard,time to put the governors in check
Re: Jonathan Replaces Police Boss And Service Chiefs by emmygod: 8:54pm On Sep 08, 2010
politics is a game of intelligent, presedent jonathan is playing a game of win to clinche his position back comes 2011
Re: Jonathan Replaces Police Boss And Service Chiefs by SAKUR: 8:59pm On Sep 08, 2010
The drama had just began.More sacking,Political killings,kidnapping ,and drama will be reported as days,months roll by; before the election.God bless Nigeria.
Re: Jonathan Replaces Police Boss And Service Chiefs by bkbabe97y(m): 9:23pm On Sep 08, 2010
Good move, IMO! At least, now the Ibos might feel a sense of belonging getting such a vested and sensitive position. Where are those monkeys and brainwashed tribalists from the older generation that think having a 3-some with that evil General is the only way Ibos can achieve political greatness in Nigeria (yes, OnlyTruth, Ezeuche and co that jab was to yall).
Re: Jonathan Replaces Police Boss And Service Chiefs by Beaf: 9:46pm On Sep 08, 2010
I always said it that whenever Jonathan is ready to declare his interest in 2011, the country will shake to its roots. This may be just round one!
Instead of simply retiring Dambazau, cool Uncle bidded his time and has unleashed a veritable coup.

Goodluck Jonathan for 2011 is non-negotiable. cool
Re: Jonathan Replaces Police Boss And Service Chiefs by Beaf: 9:48pm On Sep 08, 2010
slap1:

Bros, you don join dem?! shocked shocked shocked grin
Re: Jonathan Replaces Police Boss And Service Chiefs by rhymz(m): 9:51pm On Sep 08, 2010
Guyz pls no1 should reply or say anything to this id!ot, pls, I will like that the quality of contributions so far be maintained. Let him say what he likes as long as no1 responds and derails the thread with him. Pls pls and pls esp to all my igbo coleagues.
Re: Jonathan Replaces Police Boss And Service Chiefs by Beaf: 10:15pm On Sep 08, 2010
The most important part of the sacking of service chiefs and the appointment of a relatively low ranking officer, is that all lt generals and above must now retire.
. . .That includes all the fcking JTF mudafcking generals. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
No more bombing civilians. cool
Re: Jonathan Replaces Police Boss And Service Chiefs by joeyfire(m): 10:15pm On Sep 08, 2010
i think its about time Goodluck said goodbye to bad rubbish.onovo was inept and totally incapable of providing us the necessary security of life and property that we and our friends and families deserve in the definitely r owdy election 2011 threatens to bring. Thank goodness the man grew some balls.
Re: Jonathan Replaces Police Boss And Service Chiefs by Ibime(m): 10:30pm On Sep 08, 2010
Was Onovo responsible for kidnapping in the South East? Abegi make we hear word. Kidnapping in South East has been accelerating for the last few years and will not stop tomorrow.

Because Onovo refused to release a kidnapper cop that Amnesty International asked him to release, some stupid judge asked for Onovo to be arrested. Meanwhile we are complaining about kidnapping. Onovo should be allowed to use extra-judicial measures to deal with kidnappers in his Police force regardless of what Amnesty International says.

Finally Onovos performance in the Anambra election was highly commendable. He was proactive and preempted the possible causes of violence. It was one of the best police performances in a Nigerian election since 1999.

In summary, Onovo is a man that can't win. I doubt his successor can perform better.
Re: Jonathan Replaces Police Boss And Service Chiefs by kettykings: 10:37pm On Sep 08, 2010
Onovo has never been the problem of the police infact policing actually imporved and armed robbery decreased in his tenure but kidnapping grew out of proportion because the militants relocated out of niger delta
Re: Jonathan Replaces Police Boss And Service Chiefs by xterra2(m): 10:52pm On Sep 08, 2010
Beaf:

The most important part of the sacking of service chiefs and the appointment of a relatively low ranking officer, is that all lt generals and above must now retire.
. . .That includes all the fcking JTF mudafcking generals. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
No more bombing civilians. cool
you said "all lt generals and above must now retire" well the army since 2009 (after azazi) didnt have a General
And there is only lt general that is the Danbazzau he is still a lt general till he pulls out and the army chief gets promoted

And you said Must retire there isnt like i said but i hope you are aware that the president,commander in chief and the chairman of the newly formed armed forces council DOES NOT have the power to sack any military officer except the service chiefs he cant sack even a sergeant cheesy cheesy cheesy like when azazi was the unimaid commander after being the defence chief can not be scaked by jonathan or any other president he left cause he got to either 60 years or 35 yrs in service
Re: Jonathan Replaces Police Boss And Service Chiefs by naijaking1: 10:53pm On Sep 08, 2010
I agree, in isolation, Onovo was not the problem. He was operating under impossible conditions: no equipments, hostile police service minister, inherited decays in the system. He's bound to fail the way a shackled swimmer is bound to drown. However, he was slow to disband police check points in the south.

Ibime:

Was Onovo responsible for kidnapping in the South East? Abegi make we hear word. Kidnapping in South East has been accelerating for the last few years and will not stop tomorrow.

Because Onovo refused to release a kidnapper cop that Amnesty International asked him to release, some silly judge asked for Onovo to be arrested. Meanwhile we are complaining about kidnapping. Onovo should be allowed to use extra-judicial measures to deal with kidnappers in his Police force regardless of what Amnesty International says.

Finally Onovos performance in the Anambra election was highly commendable. He was proactive and preempted the possible causes of violence. It was one of the best police performances in a Nigerian election since 1999.

In summary, Onovo is a man that can't win. I doubt his successor can perform better.
Re: Jonathan Replaces Police Boss And Service Chiefs by rhymz(m): 10:54pm On Sep 08, 2010
Ibime
I agree with you, he was not the cause of the Kidnapping in the SE but he did not do much to curb the spread. Even in cases where he could ve taken advantage and make a mark he just couldn't. I gave an example of a boy from Enugu state, his home state who was kidnapped by a police officer who was already under investigation for another kidnapping. This officer lived in the house of another officer who was notorious for doing any politician's bidding. When this officer was arraigned by Onovo after the other had absconded and the boy's parent writing a million petition to him. What did onovo do? He rather succumbed to the pressure from dept senate president Ike Ekweremadu who was a beneficiary of the officer's notoriety and released the police officer even though the boy in question was still at large for almost a yr after moving him across the states of southeast and southsouth.
Just imagine ppl playing politics with a kid's life. Abeg 4get that man onovo. Are we talking of the close to 1300 extortionist checkpoints he allowed in the states of SE which was not doing anything but extortion. Abi we wan talk of the case of 13 prisoners that were shot dead in Anambra that he was petition several times for and did nada.The guy is not progressive and lacks any sense of urgency abeg. Make im go sit don.
Re: Jonathan Replaces Police Boss And Service Chiefs by Koikoi(m): 11:03pm On Sep 08, 2010
what's jonathan's reason fo sacking the ig? i thought his time was not up yet. hope he is arrested for treating our judiciary with so much disdain in a demo-crazy cry
Re: Jonathan Replaces Police Boss And Service Chiefs by xterra2(m): 11:10pm On Sep 08, 2010
But people he Ought to Sack the former Chief Of defence staff paul dike not actually sack hehe as his attained his 35th year in service Lst June he was supposed to be replaced since

And sacking them is not going to bring jonathan back come may 29 2011

And one of the best news of this week is that the stu.pid incompetent bas.tard called onovo was sacked, i can only hope he get arrested and jailed

But what is MOST important is ringim not the service chiefs nigetria is not in a period of war but in a period of insecurity very alarming and disturbing and rather embarassing so from killing an innocent citizen over N20 embarassed or killing a senior policeman (sergeant) over N50 naia embarassed or the kidnapping or the useless billion naira roadblock industries on the highway to governors using policemen to harass journalist/innocent civilians to the killing of innocent people during the boko haram crisis
What we need at the moment is the best perofrmance of Ringim one can only hope that he writes his name in gold as he is even instrumental in free and fair elections
God Help Ringim,Rigim help us PLEASE
Re: Jonathan Replaces Police Boss And Service Chiefs by Beaf: 11:16pm On Sep 08, 2010
xterra2:

you said "all lt generals and above must now retire" well the army since 2009 (after azazi) didnt have a General
And there is only lt general that is the Danbazzau he is still a lt general till he pulls out and the army chief gets promoted

And you said Must retire there isnt like i said but i hope you are aware that the president,commander in chief and the chairman of the newly formed armed forces council DOES NOT have the power to sack any military officer except the service chiefs he cant sack even a sergeant cheesy cheesy cheesy like when azazi was the unimaid commander after being the defence chief can not be scaked by jonathan or any other president he left cause he got to either 60 years or 35 yrs in service

The President sack any govt servant outside of the elected arms of govt.

Dambazau is not the only general, Major General Ihejirika is a general too, Dambazau has more stars and thats it. These other dudes are generals too (I believe Major General Ihejirika was promoted later than them);
Maj-General SU Abdulkadir,
Maj-General AM Jibril,
Maj-General Sarkin Yakin Bello,
Maj-General AU Dambatta.
Maj-General Bala Usara,
Maj-General BM. Mongunu,
Maj-General BB Adingih,
Maj-General AK Amao,
Maj-General BC Azurumwa,
Maj-General Essien Bassey,
Maj-General CE Airhiavbere,
Brigadier-General Dejection Badewole,
Brigadier-General OO Oshinowo,
Brigadier General Sylvester Audu,
Lieutenant General Abdulrahman Bello Dambazau <-- note that he isnt a full general
etc etc
Re: Jonathan Replaces Police Boss And Service Chiefs by eros(m): 11:21pm On Sep 08, 2010
Very few of us understands the meaning of this move by GEJ. I hope his plan works out and if he means well for Nigeria, God will guide him through.

Patiently watching and waiting to see how things play out.
Re: Jonathan Replaces Police Boss And Service Chiefs by xterra2(m): 11:23pm On Sep 08, 2010
rhymz:

Gbawe
While I agree with you that the appointments were out of political expediency, I do not see your point in demonizing GEJ. I would rather settle for GEJ than risk the possibility of another IBB and Atiku.
And pls stop complaining, this is politics, the game is not fair not even the US with all their claims of democracy. We all witnessed in 2000 Bush vs Al Gore it was not fair but damn it Bush became president. What do you expect GEJ to do with the likes of IBB in the picture who is ready to do anything to oust him out of Aso rock. The rules of the game is: 'You either shape up or ship out' there is no Mr nice guy here, everyone is playing dirty both the accuse and the accuser, so 4ck the rules.
Mikeansy
I was also not weary of the ppl that comprises our Forces until Dambazua and his cohorts pulled a fast one on us and undermined their boss's authority and sent a whole 300 soldiers to recieve a comatose YARADUA. For what na? Was he in any serious security danger? Were they trying to rescue him from the enemies in a combat? What exactly was the purpose of secretly releasing a war chest like that if not to serve as a gesture to pass a message of who was in control and yet you think I was demonizing the force. Guy you need to check history again abeg.
GEJ understands the risk of letting those men hang around the force, in the hand of the wrong ppl, those men will do anything. All you need to do is appeal to their taste citing numbers and place of origin and you will see them do the unthinkable that are better imagined than experienced.
OMG the Guards Batallion is indepent from the the Chief Of Army Staff danbazzau has/dont have any authority over it so the commander can deploy soldiers under his command without danbazzau s knowledge please visit any military barracks to confirm this i did actually
Re: Jonathan Replaces Police Boss And Service Chiefs by Beaf: 11:30pm On Sep 08, 2010
eros:

[size=14pt]Very few of us understands the meaning of this move by GEJ[/size]. I hope his plan works out and if he means well for Nigeria, God will guide him through.

Patiently watching and waiting to see how things play out.

Indeed, it looks to be an Earthquake of sizeable proportions hitting the army.
. . .All GOC's will be retiring etc etc
Re: Jonathan Replaces Police Boss And Service Chiefs by xterra2(m): 11:45pm On Sep 08, 2010
Beaf:

The President sack any govt servant outside of the elected arms of govt.

Dambazau is not the only general, Major General Ihejirika is a general too, Dambazau has more stars and thats it. These other dudes are generals too (I believe Major General Ihejirika was promoted later than them);
Maj-General SU Abdulkadir,
Maj-General AM Jibril,
Maj-General Sarkin Yakin Bello,
Maj-General AU Dambatta.
Maj-General Bala Usara,
Maj-General BM. Mongunu,
Maj-General BB Adingih,
Maj-General AK Amao,
Maj-General BC Azurumwa,
Maj-General Essien Bassey,
Maj-General CE Airhiavbere,
Brigadier-General Dejection Badewole,
Brigadier-General OO Oshinowo,
Brigadier General Sylvester Audu,
Lieutenant General Abdulrahman Bello Dambazau <-- note that he isnt a full general
etc etc

I dont think so ask around in the military circles
P.S that list of generals above is irrelevant to our discussion , dont you think so?
I said he cant sack a military officer if not the service chiefs not even a sarge  cheesy cheesy

Why didnt you say that your slogan "IBB people = Foolosh people" ? this time ----which would soon change

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

11 Killed In Renewed Violence In Kaduna / Saraki’s Emergence Not Illegal – NBA President / Nelson Williams Kidnapped In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.