Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,304 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:32 AM

Mojisola Adeyeye: I Was Shocked When Lawmakers Demanded Bribe, Threatened Me - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mojisola Adeyeye: I Was Shocked When Lawmakers Demanded Bribe, Threatened Me (21883 Views)

Wike: Military Generals Threatened Me With CIA / Adeyeye: I Won’t Be Shocked If Another Northerner Succeeds Buhari In 2023 / Mojisola Adeyeye: "I Inherited A Debt Of N3.2bn in 2017" - NAFDAC DG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mojisola Adeyeye: I Was Shocked When Lawmakers Demanded Bribe, Threatened Me by ELVISHOT: 3:48pm On Mar 30, 2019
The Director-General of the National Agency for Food and Drugs Administration and Control (NAFDAC), Mojisola Adeyeye, has revealed some ‘abnormalities’ she has experienced during her time on the job.

According to her when she assumed her role as NAFDAC DG, some House of Representatives members demanded bribes from her and even threatened her upon refusing to concede to their demand.

“When I came to NAFDAC, there were a lot of things that were wrong. Take oversight function or whatever that is done, I was shocked when I was told to give money, I said money for what? … money to the committee that visited us. The Health Care Services Committee of the House of Representatives,” she said on Friday during an interview on Channels TV’s Sunrise Daily.

Adeyeye further stated that the request from the federal lawmakers came at a time the agency was ‘bleeding profusely’ from a paucity of funds.

Beyond shocking, she described the day as the worst day of her life as ‘a chief regulator.’

“I said I cannot. For just the visit? I couldn’t believe my ears because it saddens me. Yes, it can be referred to as them asking for a bribe. It saddens me. This is an organisation that was bleeding profusely.

“It wasn’t taken well at all. I was threatened and I couldn’t believe that too, you are threatening me?” she stated.

Source:

http://www.thenaijafame.com.ng/2019/03/i-was-shocked-when-lawmakers-demanded.html?m=1

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mojisola Adeyeye: I Was Shocked When Lawmakers Demanded Bribe, Threatened Me by ELVISHOT: 3:49pm On Mar 30, 2019
Watch Full Video Below HERE
Re: Mojisola Adeyeye: I Was Shocked When Lawmakers Demanded Bribe, Threatened Me by hisgrace090: 3:55pm On Mar 30, 2019
That is why to win election in Nigeria becomes do or die.

Leaders that doese nothing aside laying their hand on public wealth.

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mojisola Adeyeye: I Was Shocked When Lawmakers Demanded Bribe, Threatened Me by BuhariAdvocate: 4:05pm On Mar 30, 2019
Igbos will do anything for money chukuemaka is a leader of committee on health care.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mojisola Adeyeye: I Was Shocked When Lawmakers Demanded Bribe, Threatened Me by ObaKlaz: 4:09pm On Mar 30, 2019
For everything wrong with our country today, there are people benefiting from it, directly or remotely.

59 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mojisola Adeyeye: I Was Shocked When Lawmakers Demanded Bribe, Threatened Me by nuban07(m): 4:24pm On Mar 30, 2019
Madam don't be surprised, our lawmakers don't come visiting for nothing that's why they can be brutal just to win elections
Women are always a strict leader, if she is man I'm sure he might play along

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mojisola Adeyeye: I Was Shocked When Lawmakers Demanded Bribe, Threatened Me by SarkinYarki: 4:45pm On Mar 30, 2019
I see your budget being heavily challenged next time it gets to the house

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mojisola Adeyeye: I Was Shocked When Lawmakers Demanded Bribe, Threatened Me by yerokunphilips: 4:47pm On Mar 30, 2019
70% of Nigeria. Problem is from the legislative arm of government ,is filled with international pen robbers . Cancel this people this nation problem is 70% solved

66 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Mojisola Adeyeye: I Was Shocked When Lawmakers Demanded Bribe, Threatened Me by deomelo: 4:49pm On Mar 30, 2019
BuhariAdvocate:
Igbos will do anything for money chukuemaka is a leader of committee on health care.

Well said.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mojisola Adeyeye: I Was Shocked When Lawmakers Demanded Bribe, Threatened Me by deomelo: 4:52pm On Mar 30, 2019
Tambuwal, Mark, others collected N17b bribe to pass 2015 Budget – Okonjo-Iweala

Former Minister of Finance, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iwella, has alleged that former President of the Senate, David Mark; former Speaker of the House of Representatives and now Governor of Sokoto State, Alhaji Aminu Tambuwal; and other members of National Assembly collected a N17 billion bribe before the 2015 Budget was passed.

Okonjo-Iweala, who served under former President Olusegun Obasanjo, made the shocking revelation known in her new book: “Fighting Corruption is Dangerous: The Story Behind the Headlines.”

Okonjo-Iwela said this on page 80 of the book as Twitted and pictured by the spokesman of the President Muhammadu Buhari Campaign Organisation, Festus Keyamo (SAN).

The former Minister said the bribe money, which was added into the budget was N20 billion initially, but was reduced to N17 billion.
She added that the N17 billion was padded into budget as election expenses.

She said: “By the time we presented budget on December 16, 2014, the oil prices has further fallen down to $58 per barrel. We were prepared and knew we had to trigger the additional expenditure and revenue measure in 2015 to make the budget work. This would be tough, given that we had entered election year.

“Indeed, legislators initially refused to accept pay cuts to their regular N150 billion budget, despite dwindling revenues. But, eventually agreed to 13 percent cut against backdrop of Ministers accepting voluntary 50 percent to their basic salaries.

“In a tough session with the National Assembly ad-hoc committee on budget (made up chairs of Finance committee and Appropriation Committee of both chambers and other leaders of National Assembly), an additional N20 billion was reintroduced as election expenses for the National Assembly members.

“We insisted that the amount should be dropped because it nullified the 13 percent cut to their statutory budget, but managed N20 billion figure by only N3 billion to N17. This become the price to have 2015 budget passed.”

But it was not clear as at the time of filling this report whether all members of the National Assembly benefited from the N17 billion budget padding.

https://theeagleonline.com.ng/tambuwal-mark-others-collected-n17b-bribe-to-pass-2015-budget-okonjo-iweala/.

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Mojisola Adeyeye: I Was Shocked When Lawmakers Demanded Bribe, Threatened Me by deomelo: 4:54pm On Mar 30, 2019
Public service in Nigeria is a get rich quick scheme.

9 Likes

Re: Mojisola Adeyeye: I Was Shocked When Lawmakers Demanded Bribe, Threatened Me by Amuocha: 5:37pm On Mar 30, 2019
APC members
Re: Mojisola Adeyeye: I Was Shocked When Lawmakers Demanded Bribe, Threatened Me by GavelSlam: 6:29pm On Mar 30, 2019
Na wa.

1 Like

Re: Mojisola Adeyeye: I Was Shocked When Lawmakers Demanded Bribe, Threatened Me by ican2020: 7:34pm On Mar 30, 2019
was she actually a former dg, her present was not felt
Re: Mojisola Adeyeye: I Was Shocked When Lawmakers Demanded Bribe, Threatened Me by ELVISHOT: 7:48pm On Mar 30, 2019
CC

Lalasticlala
Re: Mojisola Adeyeye: I Was Shocked When Lawmakers Demanded Bribe, Threatened Me by supereagle(m): 7:51pm On Mar 30, 2019
Atiku introduced bribe thing to NASS ask OBJ.

11 Likes

Re: Mojisola Adeyeye: I Was Shocked When Lawmakers Demanded Bribe, Threatened Me by Eserise1(m): 7:51pm On Mar 30, 2019
I watched it on channels

1 Like

Re: Mojisola Adeyeye: I Was Shocked When Lawmakers Demanded Bribe, Threatened Me by ejimatic: 7:53pm On Mar 30, 2019
ELVISHOT:
The Director-General of the National Agency for Food and Drugs Administration and Control (NAFDAC), Mojisola Adeyeye, has revealed some ‘abnormalities’ she has experienced during her time on the job.

According to her when she assumed her role as NAFDAC DG, some House of Representatives members demanded bribes from her and even threatened her upon refusing to concede to their demand.

“When I came to NAFDAC, there were a lot of things that were wrong. Take oversight function or whatever that is done, I was shocked when I was told to give money, I said money for what? … money to the committee that visited us. The Health Care Services Committee of the House of Representatives,” she said on Friday during an interview on Channels TV’s Sunrise Daily.

Adeyeye further stated that the request from the federal lawmakers came at a time the agency was ‘bleeding profusely’ from a paucity of funds.

Beyond shocking, she described the day as the worst day of her life as ‘a chief regulator.’

“I said I cannot. For just the visit? I couldn’t believe my ears because it saddens me. Yes, it can be referred to as them asking for a bribe. It saddens me. This is an organisation that was bleeding profusely.

“It wasn’t taken well at all. I was threatened and I couldn’t believe that too, you are threatening me?” she stated.

Source:

http://www.thenaijafame.com.ng/2019/03/i-was-shocked-when-lawmakers-demanded.html?m=1
Re: Mojisola Adeyeye: I Was Shocked When Lawmakers Demanded Bribe, Threatened Me by Nobody: 7:56pm On Mar 30, 2019
Hey You!

Are you a well wisher of our dear Nation? If you are, you gotta tie up your lace and become more ambitious for the sake of yourself, family, friends, relatives, neighbors, community, state, country, continent and the world.
We gotta chase these thieves away and savage our Beloved Nation from collapse.

If you are above 25 years old and you aren't glad about the situation of the Country. I dare you to stand up and become the desired change.

#NigeriaNeedsYou

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mojisola Adeyeye: I Was Shocked When Lawmakers Demanded Bribe, Threatened Me by ejimatic: 8:00pm On Mar 30, 2019
ELVISHOT:

Source:

. Bribery was introduced into the senate and house of rep by Obasanjo and promoted by Jonathan......It was Buhari who discouraged the act in Outgoing Senate and house of rep...He did not bribe them for budget approval unlike PDP inglorious era when they paid Billon's to approve budget..... Greedy senators and honourables

16 Likes

Re: Mojisola Adeyeye: I Was Shocked When Lawmakers Demanded Bribe, Threatened Me by Boyooosa(m): 8:00pm On Mar 30, 2019
Shocked indeed!
Re: Mojisola Adeyeye: I Was Shocked When Lawmakers Demanded Bribe, Threatened Me by Reversepussyking(m): 8:04pm On Mar 30, 2019
Fvck the world!

the government too.

spit.

1 Like

Re: Mojisola Adeyeye: I Was Shocked When Lawmakers Demanded Bribe, Threatened Me by Nobody: 8:04pm On Mar 30, 2019
yerokunphilips:
70% of Nigeria. Problem is from the legislative arm of government ,is filled with international pen robbers . Cancel this people this nation problem is 70% solved

And they collect millions monthly for doing almost nothing

2 Likes

Re: Mojisola Adeyeye: I Was Shocked When Lawmakers Demanded Bribe, Threatened Me by Tayeni(m): 8:04pm On Mar 30, 2019
Watched her on Channels....another passionate DG like Dora.

3 Likes

Re: Mojisola Adeyeye: I Was Shocked When Lawmakers Demanded Bribe, Threatened Me by iluvdonjazzy: 8:05pm On Mar 30, 2019
are u a learner, don't u know lawmakers collect bribe before? they are worst than POLICE & NEPA.

1 Like

Re: Mojisola Adeyeye: I Was Shocked When Lawmakers Demanded Bribe, Threatened Me by semyman: 8:05pm On Mar 30, 2019
48hrs ago news
Re: Mojisola Adeyeye: I Was Shocked When Lawmakers Demanded Bribe, Threatened Me by yerokunphilips: 8:06pm On Mar 30, 2019
Jiang:

And they collect millions monthly for doing almost nothing
.Na billions den dey collect ooo

2 Likes

Re: Mojisola Adeyeye: I Was Shocked When Lawmakers Demanded Bribe, Threatened Me by luvkia(m): 8:07pm On Mar 30, 2019
Her husband, a Senetor.....

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sanwo-Olu Virtually Joins LASU 24th Convocation / Why FG Cannot Review Salaries For Civil Servants – Buhari / Adeboye Predicts Bigger Disasters In 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.