Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,614 members, 7,813,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:03 AM

Please Teach Me How To Fast - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Please Teach Me How To Fast (593 Views)

Could Someone Knowleable Please Teach About Spirit Husbands And Wives? / This Is How To Fast And Have Serious Breakthroughs / Am I Allowed To Fast When On My Period As A Christian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Teach Me How To Fast by Nobody: 4:41pm On Mar 30, 2019
I want to fast. I've skipped meals before but never fasted intentionally. I love food and always thinking about food, cooking and eating. How can I get my mind off food and fast effectively? Can you fast about multiple things, like if i want God to do this and that for me, or must it be one thing at a time?
Re: Please Teach Me How To Fast by greatnaija01: 4:52pm On Mar 30, 2019
biko PLS do not fast.

YOU CAN GET ANYTHING FROM GOD BY PRAYER without fasting

but

YOU NEED TO BE STRONG AGAINST ATTACKS AND SENSITIVE TO HEAR GOD'S VOICE AND TO KNOW WHEN SEASONS CHANGE FOR YOU OR WHEN OPPORTUNITIES ARE CLOSE TO YOU
For this reason... YOU CAN FAST.

Nairaland is NOT GOD.... go to your bible and learn how to fast....BUY CHRISTIAN BOOKS FROM KNOWN MEN OF GOD WITH PROVEN RESULTS ON FASTING.

Coming here shows you may not be serious about it... HOW CAN YOU TRUST PEOPLE HERE WHOSE SPIRITUAL LIFE YOU CAN NOT REALLY KNOW IF IT IS GENUINE OR SCAM or IF THEY EVEN GET RESULTS WHEN THEY FAST.

If you want to get best result the bible says in HEBREWS that you should follow those who have proven track records and emulate their FAITH.

naturalgirl:
I want to fast. I've skipped meals before but never fasted intentionally. I love food and always thinking about food, cooking and eating. How can I get my mind off food and fast effectively? Can you fast about multiple things, like if i want God to do this and that for me, or must it be one thing at a time?

2 Likes

Re: Please Teach Me How To Fast by Dtruthspeaker: 4:53pm On Mar 30, 2019
naturalgirl:

Dear do you know what fasting is? And what it is meant to do?
Re: Please Teach Me How To Fast by dingbang(m): 4:54pm On Mar 30, 2019
You dont need to fast before Expecting a miracle from God, he isnt interested in your fasting. Just have a sincere and true heart by worshipping him in truth and in spirit, and also by giving more to charity.

1 Like

Re: Please Teach Me How To Fast by blackpanthar: 4:57pm On Mar 30, 2019
naturalgirl:

1) GIVE OUT ALL YOUR FOOD TO THE POOR

2) Ensure you have WATER... you need it o.

3) Be very very relaxed and watch a christian message on the issue that made you fast

4) Pray for at least ONE hour.

5) when you are tired SLEEP.

6) take your hygeine serious and freshen up well

7) thank God for the fast and write down everything God told you and vision you have seen.

cool once 12pm has passed then RUSH AND GO AND BREAK THE FAST WITH HEAVY FOOD.

9) Repeat the process for 7 days and watch testimonies pour into your life.

2 Likes

Re: Please Teach Me How To Fast by Dtruthspeaker: 5:03pm On Mar 30, 2019
Can you fast about multiple things, like if i want God to do this and that for me, or must it be one thing at a time? [/quote]

Do you think you can bribe God with or by fast?

Your declaration here just shows that you do not know God or fear Him.

God is not your servant girl. You are to serve Him, if you want it well you.

You are lucky He is Good and He ignores your foolishness
Re: Please Teach Me How To Fast by Nobody: 9:19pm On Apr 05, 2019
Thanks @greatnaija, @dingbang, @blackpanther.

2 Likes

Re: Please Teach Me How To Fast by sukerefakere(m): 10:25pm On Apr 05, 2019
Don't kill yourself...
Re: Please Teach Me How To Fast by Nobody: 8:18am On Apr 06, 2019
naturalgirl:
The primary purpose of fasting is for obedience of God's Word, hence the saying that "man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God that comes out of the mouth of God."

Fasting just as prayer is very important for you need it to get to a point of obedience in your walk with God, hence the saying of Jesus that, "this kind cometh out by nothing but by prayer and fasting" when His disciples asked Him why He could cast out those demons, while they couldn't.

For at that point in time Jesus Himself was not even fasting, but He had fasted to get to that point of obedience required for Him to be able to cast out that devil.

I can't remember when last I faster because I have also come to that level of obedience through fasting, so I don't need to fast as such.

If you're really willing to boost your walk with God, and to be more obedient to His Word, you need to fast and also to pray, for "the flesh is weak, but the spirit is indeed willing".

So you can ask God to help you, and I know that He would the same way He helped me, for it is very important with respect to the obedience of His Word which is what it is all about.

2 Likes

Re: Please Teach Me How To Fast by MuttleyLaff: 8:30am On Apr 06, 2019
naturalgirl:
Hi dear, please pardon me being forward and maybe seemingly prying but please reply to the questions below in order to understand where you are coming from, where you are and where you hoped to end:
1/ Why do you want to fast?
2/ What are you intending to achieve from going on this fasting exercise?
3/ Are you aware fasting, is not exclusive to not eating or drinking food alone?
4/ Do you know that none of the patriarchs, like from Adam, Seth, Methuselah, Noah, Abraham, Isaac to Jacob were NOT recorded as fasted before God did anything for them?

1 Like

Re: Please Teach Me How To Fast by Bojack(m): 8:36am On Apr 06, 2019
na so anorexia dey start
Re: Please Teach Me How To Fast by Nobody: 11:43am On Apr 14, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
Hi dear, please pardon me being forward and maybe seemingly prying but please reply to the questions below in order to understand where you are coming from, where you are and where you hoped to end:
1/ Why do you want to fast?
2/ What are you intending to achieve from going on this fasting exercise?
3/ Are you aware fasting, is not exclusive to not eating or drinking food alone?
4/ Do you know that none of the patriarchs, like from Adam, Seth, Methuselah, Noah, Abraham, Isaac to Jacob were recorded as fasted before God did anything for them?
1.Clarity on some things
2.Clarity, get closer to God
3. I was not aware but I am now
4. I didn't know but do now

Thanks for the great questions. Things for me to think about.
Re: Please Teach Me How To Fast by Nobody: 11:44am On Apr 14, 2019
jesusjnr:
The primary purpose of fasting is for obedience of God's Word, hence the saying that "man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God that comes out of the mouth of God."

Fasting just as prayer is very important for you need it to get to a point of obedience in your walk with God, hence the saying of Jesus that, "this kind cometh out by nothing but by prayer and fasting" when His disciples asked Him why He could cast out those demons, while they couldn't.

For at that point in time Jesus Himself was not even fasting, but He had fasted to get to that point of obedience required for Him to be able to cast out that devil.

I can't remember when last I faster because I have also come to that level of obedience through fasting, so I don't need to fast as such.

If you're really willing to boost your walk with God, and to be more obedient to His Word, you need to fast and also to pray, for "the flesh is weak, but the spirit is indeed willing".

So you can ask God to help you, and I know that He would the same way He helped me, for it is very important with respect to the obedience of His Word which is what it is all about.
Thank you.
Re: Please Teach Me How To Fast by MuttleyLaff: 12:12pm On Apr 14, 2019
naturalgirl:
1.Clarity on some things
2.Clarity, get closer to God
3. I was not aware but I am now
4. I didn't know but do now

Thanks for the great questions. Things for me to think about.
#4 had a typo (i.e. missed out typing ''not'') and now edited to correct it
Meditate on His precepts, delight in His statutes and ways, study them day and night, then that you 'll have clarity to observe to do according to all that is the Father's will and be closer to Him. Enoch got closer to God by walking with Him and not necessarily through fasting

1 Like

Re: Please Teach Me How To Fast by Nobody: 12:21pm On Apr 14, 2019
naturalgirl:
Thank you.
God bless you sis!

If you have anymore questions, feel free to ask.

God be with us.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Memorial Of Christ's Death On 19th April, 2019. Try To Attend! / Coza: Another Lady, Franca Emerges With Rape Accusation Against Pastor Biodun / Stop Giving Money To Pastors - 9 Yr Old Girl Goes Viral

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.