Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,039 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:26 AM

How Christians Can Deal With Demonic Manifestations - Kenneth Hagin - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Christians Can Deal With Demonic Manifestations - Kenneth Hagin (1385 Views)

Born Again: Many Christians can not answer "YES" to this question. / How Christians Look At Nude Photos And Videos Of Exposed Ladies / 7 Reasons Why Every Believer Should Speak In Tongues - Kenneth E Hagin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Christians Can Deal With Demonic Manifestations - Kenneth Hagin by HigherEd: 9:26am On Mar 31, 2019
Hagin, one of the most prominent evangelist to walk the earth answers questions about demonic operations.

Can demons manifest themselves in the
physical realm?

Answer: Yes, although we have the authority to stop
those supernatural manifestations.
When Dr. Lester Sumrall was building a church in the
Philippines in the 1950s, he heard on the radio about a girl who would fight with something nobody could see, though people could see toothmarks and saliva on her. She had to be confined in a jail cell.
Doctors and psychiatrists examining her asked her
what had been biting her. She said, "There are two hairy-looking monsters. One is big and the other is small, and they attack me." They were demons manifesting themselves in the physical realm. Of course, she was not a Christian.

Dr. Sumrall got permission to see her. When he first
entered the jail cell, the devil supernaturally spoke through her in English, "I don't like you." The devil cursed him, cursed God, cursed Jesus, and cursed the blood.

After Dr. Sumrall got the girl delivered, she couldn't
speak a word of English. He had to communicate with her through an interpreter.
The devil had spoken out of her mouth supernaturally.
Those toothmarks were real. That wasn't the girl talking in English, saying, "I don't like you." It was the devil. So the devil can do some supernatural things. But, thank God, we do have authority over him.

Question: Can a demon affect the atmosphere of an
entire church?

Answer: Yes, a demon can hold a church in bondage.
A certain church where I held a meeting was a very
difficult place to preach. The people were good people.
They loved the Lord. They loved my preaching. But it was tough to preach there. The very atmosphere was hard.

Everything I said seemed to bounce off the wall back intomy face.
Some months later I returned to the area to preach a
revival at another church. I also went back to this first
church and spent some time with the pastor and his family.
I spoke at a New Year's Eve watch night service for them. The next day, the pastor's wife asked, "Brother Hagin, can you see any difference in our church?"
I said, "What do you mean?"
She said, "Is it any easier to preach here? What about
the pulpit now?"

I said, "There's as much difference as between daylight
and dark. It doesn't seem like the same pulpit. It doesn't seem like the same church."
She said, "Get my husband to tell you about it."
The pastor said, "I don't usually tell people about it
because they might think I am crazy." The spiritual world ought to be as real to us as water
is to a fish. Yet, many in the church think a person is a
fanatic if he touches that world. "I won't tell everybody," the pastor said, "but I will
tell you. I got so concerned. This was the hardest church I ever preached in. The pulpit seemed to hold me in bondage. I knew the people loved me. They supported me well.

We had good fellowship with them in their homes.
But that pulpit was like a prison.
"I began to fast and pray about it. The seventh day
of my fast, I was kneeling on the platform about three feet behind the pulpit when I happened to look directly
overhead. The ceiling disappeared."

(Discerning of spirits had come into manifestation. God allowed this pastor to see into the spirit realm. He saw, sitting up in the rafters directly above the pulpit, a huge spirit. It looked like a big baboon. It was as large as a man.

The pastor said, "I found myself saying to him, 'You're
going to have to come down.' The spirit said nothing, but seemed to draw up as if he didn't want to obey. I said, 'You come down in the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ.'

"He fell down onto the pulpit, then jumped to the floor.
I said to him, 'You get out of here!' He said nothing, but
looked at me as if to say, 'I don't want to.' I said, 'Just
march right out of here, in the Name of Jesus.' He marched down off the platform. I marched right behind him. Hewould go four or five steps, then stop and look at me, almost begging. I would say, 'No, go on.' But he wouldn't move until I said, 'In the Name of Jesus.'

"We went down the aisle that way, stopping every four
or five steps. I went ahead of him and held the vestibule doors open. (The spirit could have gone through the doors, of course, but this is what the pastor did.) That thing would not go through until I said, 'In the Name of Jesus.'

"Then I opened the front door. I stepped back and said,
'Move on out.' He stood there. He never said a word, but I could tell by the expression on his face, he was begging to stay. I said, 'In the Name of Jesus,' and he moved. "He went down the church steps and got halfway out into the yard. Then he stopped, turned around, and looked at me again. I said, 'No, you don't. You go on in the Name of Jesus.'

"He went as far as the curb. I said, 'You'll have to go
on. And don't ever come on these premises again.' He
stood there until I said, 'In the Name of Jesus.' Then he
ran across the street and down the other side about a
quarter of a mile. I watched him run into a nightclub. The next night it burned down. "Ever since, it has been easy to preach here. The people have noticed. They have asked, 'What happened?' But I didn't tell them."

Question: Have you ever cast out demons that were
manifesting in someone's home?

Answer: Yes, I was holding a meeting for a pastor and
his wife almost 20 years ago, and they invited me to their home. Both of them were ministers of the Gospel.
As we were sitting there talking, the wife said,
"Brother Hagin, I don't know how to say this to you, but
this house we're living in has manifestations of evil
spirits."

I don't know why she didn't do something about it.
She had the authority. She just didn't know it.
The pastor (he was one of the top men in his Full Gospel denomination) would hear the evil spirits go through the house and knock things over. His wife said, "I've actually spoken to one and it's spoken back to me. I've told it to go and it didn't." I said, "I'll take care of that for you."
"Will you?" they asked. "We've thought about
moving.'' "No," I said. "I'll take care of it. You won't ever see or hear these manifestations again in the Name of Jesus."

Just sitting there at the table, speaking in an ordinary
conversational tone, I said, "In the Name of Jesus I command every evil spirit to leave, and all demonic activity in this home to cease." I told the couple, "Now it's gone; you'll never hear or see those demons again."

They told me last year — 19 years later — there was
never another manifestation of that power. The pastor told me he almost had been embarrassed when his wife had brought the subject up.
But I'm not embarrassed to know the devil and demons
are real, are you? They were real in Bible times, and they're just as real now as then. I'm not afraid of them. And you ought not to be — not if you're a Christian, that is.

Question: Can you give an example of how God uses
spiritual gifts to warn us concerning the devil's tactics?

Answer: Yes. I was holding a meeting in East Texas
in the 1950s toward the close of the Korean War. One
night I had something in my spirit. I knew God was
speaking to a young man.
I said, "Young man, I see right out in front of you —
it's only a step out in front of you — a black wall." (I could see, in the Spirit, a black wall.) I told him, "And once you step into it, you're gone. I don't know what it is — but it's something right out in front of you. I do know this much. If you'll come to this altar and give your heart to Jesus, you'll be saved and never go into that darkness."

That young man didn't come. The pastor even talked to
him, but he wouldn't come. The next week, while holding a meeting about 100 miles away, I got a letter from the pastor. He said, "Brother Hagin, I thought you'd be interested in knowing this. The young man whom you said was going into darkness went out and got drunk. He thought he was going home, but he went into the wrong house. He began slamming, hammering and knocking on the door. He tore the screen door off and kicked the door in.

"The man of the house didn't know who was there. He
unloaded both barrels of a shotgun right in the boy's face." This pastor said, "I went to the hospital and the boy was still alive. The doctors didn't understand how he had lived, and they knew he wouldn't live long.
"I talked to him and told him who I was. You couldn't
look at him, it was so pitiful. But somewhere down in his throat, I heard these words come out of him: 'Oh, why didn't I listen! Why, oh why, didn't I listen?

I couldn't see this darkness out in front of me, but I could feel it. If I had listened to God, I wouldn't have been drunk. If i had listened to God, I wouldn't have been out there And then he lapsed off and never did say anything else."
The poor fellow went out into eternity. Was it God's
fault? No! God tried to get him to stop. God did His best to arrest his attention. But he didn't listen. He had the power to listen. Why didn't God overrule him? Because God doesn't work that way...

Lalasticlala
Re: How Christians Can Deal With Demonic Manifestations - Kenneth Hagin by Nobody: 9:35am On Mar 31, 2019
The only things that can cure me are Toto, kpekus and ukwu. grin
Re: How Christians Can Deal With Demonic Manifestations - Kenneth Hagin by bobowaja(m): 3:35pm On Mar 31, 2019
Christians always fighting one demon or the other. How do you guys really enjoy life? angry

2 Likes

Re: How Christians Can Deal With Demonic Manifestations - Kenneth Hagin by bobowaja(m): 3:40pm On Mar 31, 2019
Lol.... This story is kidda funny. A spirit running across the street into a NIGHTCLUB grin. I hope Okada and tipper no jam am for legs. grin grin grin
Re: How Christians Can Deal With Demonic Manifestations - Kenneth Hagin by Bilyonaire: 9:58am On Apr 03, 2019
@HigherEd I'm assuming this is an excerpt from one of his books... If so, could you please provide the book's name or a link to the original article.
Re: How Christians Can Deal With Demonic Manifestations - Kenneth Hagin by DrPurple(m): 6:29am On Apr 04, 2019
inspiring...

🗣️🗣️🗣️
Re: How Christians Can Deal With Demonic Manifestations - Kenneth Hagin by HigherEd: 3:37am On Apr 05, 2019
Bilyonaire:
@HigherEd I'm assuming this is an excerpt from one of his books... If so, could you please provide the book's name or a link to the original article.
Oh ok. I would get baback to u in a few hours tims
Re: How Christians Can Deal With Demonic Manifestations - Kenneth Hagin by CodeTemplar: 4:15am On Apr 05, 2019
bobowaja:
Lol.... This story is kidda funny. A spirit running across the street into a NIGHTCLUB grin. I hope Okada and tipper no jam am for legs. grin grin grin
The things of the spirit are always funny to the physically minded person.
The spiirit in form of a baboon had been there and it was on a prayer altar that God opened the pastors eye to see into the spirit realm. Encounters with spirit realm are real and even thought if a car had crossed the road same time the spirit was moving there, there would have been no impact. Just same way your spirit is in you and doesn't become physical to doctors who may open you up, is same way bad spirits are real. You only need to read the bible carefully to see that there are a lot of spiritual encounters.
Re: How Christians Can Deal With Demonic Manifestations - Kenneth Hagin by CodeTemplar: 4:15am On Apr 05, 2019
HigherEd:

Following also...

1 Like

Re: How Christians Can Deal With Demonic Manifestations - Kenneth Hagin by Bilyonaire: 7:31am On Apr 05, 2019
HigherEd:

I'd appreciate that...
While you're at it, I'd still like to get some answers to questions I asked a while ago on a previous thread about Bishop Oyedepo:

1. What changed your mind about the Bishop?

2. What issues did you have with his 'brand of Pentecostalism'?

3. Why did you leave Canaanland?
Re: How Christians Can Deal With Demonic Manifestations - Kenneth Hagin by HigherEd: 7:56am On Apr 11, 2019
Bilyonaire:

I'd appreciate that...
While you're at it, I'd still like to get some answers to questions I asked a while ago on a previous thread about Bishop Oyedepo:

1. What changed your mind about the Bishop?

2. What issues did you have with his 'brand of Pentecostalism'?

3. Why did you leave Canaanland?

1) well my initial opinion about oyedepo was based on the slapping incidence some years ago. But my visit to CU made me understand that oyedepo is very principled for an individual...

2)The other opinion was that his ministry was too much about money. I found this not to be true. The ministry takes just one offering per service. The wealth of the Church has been a product of good management not extortion

3). I only lived in canaanland during the duration of my academic stay in CU. Once I graduated from CU there was no need to continue staying in canaanland.
Re: How Christians Can Deal With Demonic Manifestations - Kenneth Hagin by CodeTemplar: 8:05am On Apr 11, 2019
HigherEd:

1) well my initial opinion about oyedepo was based on the slapping incidence some years ago. But my visit to CU made me understand that oyedepo is very principled for an individual...

2)The other opinion was that his ministry was too much about money. I found this not to be true. The ministry takes just one offering per service. The wealth of the Church has been a product of good management not extortion

3). I only lived in canaanland during the duration of my academic stay in CU. Once I graduated from CU there was no need to continue staying in canaanland.
Are you minding that dude? Oyedepo is a legend.
Re: How Christians Can Deal With Demonic Manifestations - Kenneth Hagin by Bilyonaire: 8:37am On Apr 11, 2019
HigherEd:

Thank you for humouring smiley. I'm a keen admirer of the Bishop and the way he conducts himself but alas, I'm not Nigerian and so I've never had the opportunity to see him. I don't have an overwhelming desire to see him but I certainly envy people who get to learn from him firsthand.

Then ofcourse, there's my fascination with some of the things he has said...I once heard him say he is 'actively engaged for 16 hours a day, everyday," and I've always wondered what exactly he means by that statement and how much sleep that might mean he gets. I don't mean to bore you with the ramblings of my mind though. I just noticed that you seemed to know quite a bit about the man and was wondering how that came to be.

I know some people fall in love with the concept of the man but I'm more interested in what makes him who he is... Why is he so productive, how's he so focused, how does he spend his time, how does he balance pastoring hundreds of thousands with being a family man and running world class institutions at the same time. What a man!

Once again, thank you brother. I'd still like the link to the original source of this Kenneth Hagin excerpt, if possible.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Christians Can Deal With Demonic Manifestations - Kenneth Hagin by CodeTemplar: 1:37pm On Apr 11, 2019
Bilyonaire:

Thank you for humouring smiley. I'm a keen admirer of the Bishop and the way he conducts himself but alas, I'm not Nigerian and so I've never had the opportunity to see him. I don't have an overwhelming desire to see him but I certainly envy people who get to learn from him firsthand.

Then ofcourse, there's my fascination with some of the things he has said...I once heard him say he is 'actively engaged for 16 hours a day, everyday," and I've always wondered what exactly he means by that statement and how much sleep that might mean he gets. I don't mean to bore you with the ramblings of my mind though. I just noticed that you seemed to know quite a bit about the man and was wondering how that came to be.

I know some people fall in love with the concept of the man but I'm more interested in what makes him who he is... Why is he so productive, how's he so focused, how does he spend his time, how does he balance pastoring hundreds of thousands with being a family man and running world class institutions at the same time. What a man!

Once again, thank you brother. I'd still like the link to the original source of this Kenneth Hagin excerpt, if possible.
Ooops....thought you were one of the potential haters oh.
The man works really hard I can tell you that.
One way to confirm that is during Shiloh gathering. Just attend any Shiloh gathering and hang around any of the pastors close to him, then monitor his activities from that vantage point. by 5 am he is up for covenant hour of prayer. and he stays there until 11:00 am.
between that time and 1:00 pm he is active in his office. Between 1:00 pm and 3:00 pm he is on pulpit again and between that time and the 7-11 pm evening service he is also in his office working. To crown it all after each day they(pastors) gather to give thanks again. In fact he sleeps less than 4 hours every day irrespective of whether Shiloh is on or not.
At times, when he is about to retire to his house for the day, he stops by to drive around The campus(CU) and pray on wheels for some hours.
The man works more than most machines and I put it around 18-19 hours a day.
Re: How Christians Can Deal With Demonic Manifestations - Kenneth Hagin by Bilyonaire: 2:17pm On Apr 11, 2019
CodeTemplar:
Ooops....thought you were one of the potential haters oh.
The man works really hard I can tell you that.
One way to confirm that is during Shiloh gathering. Just attend any Shiloh gathering and hang around any of the pastors close to him, then monitor his activities from that vantage point. by 5 am he is up for covenant hour of prayer. and he stays there until 11:00 am.
between that time and 1:00 pm he is active in his office. Between 1:00 pm and 3:00 pm he is on pulpit again and between that time and the 7-11 pm evening service he is also in his office working. To crown it all after each day they(pastors) gather to give thanks again. In fact he sleeps less than 4 hours every day irrespective of whether Shiloh is on or not.
At times, when he is about to retire to his house for the day, he stops by to drive around The campus(CU) and pray on wheels for some hours.
The man works more than most machines and I put it around 18-19 hours a day.

Not a problem, sir.
Don't you think that less than 4 hours is far too little, even for the Bishop? My understanding is that he works the same amount everyday and so when would he ever have time to spend with his wife and the rest of his family?
I would've thought that he drinks coffee or some sort of stimulant to help him stay awake but I've heard him debunk that theory. My question then is, how does he do it? What's his secret?
Re: How Christians Can Deal With Demonic Manifestations - Kenneth Hagin by CodeTemplar: 5:30pm On Apr 11, 2019
Bilyonaire:

Not a problem, sir.
Don't you think that less than 4 hours is far too little, even for the Bishop? My understanding is that he works the same amount everyday and so when would he ever have time to spend with his wife and the rest of his family?
I would've thought that he drinks coffee or some sort of stimulant to help him stay awake but I've heard him debunk that theory. My question then is, how does he do it? What's his secret?
Some people aren't on a natural level but supernatural level.
Re: How Christians Can Deal With Demonic Manifestations - Kenneth Hagin by Bilyonaire: 7:11pm On Apr 11, 2019
CodeTemplar:
Some people aren't on a natural level but supernatural level.

Amen! That is very true, no doubt...
However do you not think that it is worth trying to understand the principles and even revelations that have set him on this course. I like to understand particularly spiritually things because it's the Holy Spirit behind them. Once you get what Pastor Adeboye calls "the spiritual mathematics" of an issue then you're set to walk in that very thing and this is what I want. No one would argue that the church growth experienced by both the RCCG and LFC are supernatural and yet both leaders still host church growth summits to reveal the inner workings of this supernatural power.

Brother, much more than just admiring men like the Bishop; I want to emulate them. This is why I'm humbly asking and enquiring of you, HigherEd and anyone else who might have more intimate knowledge. I simply want, for the glory of God, to replicate the good I see in men like the Bishop.
Re: How Christians Can Deal With Demonic Manifestations - Kenneth Hagin by Shepherd00: 7:15pm On Apr 11, 2019
Bilyonaire:
Bilyonaire is back?
Re: How Christians Can Deal With Demonic Manifestations - Kenneth Hagin by Shepherd00: 7:16pm On Apr 11, 2019
CodeTemplar:
The things of the spirit are always funny to the physically minded person.
The spiirit in form of a baboon had been there and it was on a prayer altar that God opened the pastors eye to see into the spirit realm. Encounters with spirit realm are real and even thought if a car had crossed the road same time the spirit was moving there, there would have been no impact. Just same way your spirit is in you and doesn't become physical to doctors who may open you up, is same way bad spirits are real. You only need to read the bible carefully to see that there are a lot of spiritual encounters.
You didn't need to waste your time on that person.
Re: How Christians Can Deal With Demonic Manifestations - Kenneth Hagin by Shepherd00: 7:24pm On Apr 11, 2019
Bilyonaire:

However do you not think that it is worth trying to understand the principles and even revelations that have set him on this course. I like to understand particularly spiritually things because it's the Holy Spirit behind them. Once you get what Pastor Adeboye calls "the spiritual mathematics" of an issue then you're set to walk in that very thing and this is what I want. No one would argue that the church growth experienced by both the RCCG and LFC are supernatural and yet both leaders still host church growth summits to reveal the inner workings of this supernatural power.

Brother, much more than just admiring men like the Bishop; I want to emulate them. This is why I'm humbly asking and enquiring of you, HigherEd and anyone else who might have more intimate knowledge. I simply want, for the glory of God, to replicate the good I see in men like the Bishop.
Wait, is this the same Bilyonaire or an impersonator?
Re: How Christians Can Deal With Demonic Manifestations - Kenneth Hagin by CodeTemplar: 7:51pm On Apr 11, 2019
Bilyonaire:

His books are also good ways to know more about his ministry and habits that have helped him become productive. Even his tapes and clips are equally as enlightening as the books. Just hit the church channel on YouTube and you see tons of them there.
Re: How Christians Can Deal With Demonic Manifestations - Kenneth Hagin by Aceed: 7:56pm On Apr 11, 2019
eh eh is that Bilyonaire we know?

Truly the kingdom of God is not in word but in power!!!

1 Corinthians 4:20 - For the kingdom of God is not in word, but in power.

1 Like

Re: How Christians Can Deal With Demonic Manifestations - Kenneth Hagin by Nobody: 10:43am On Mar 04, 2020
Bilyonaire:

Not a problem, sir.

he's probably one of the 'sleepless elite' - that's a category of human beings who need very few hours of sleep to function optimally.

you should also understand that he's unusually very close to his deity, and that Being probably infuses him with its own energy on a constant basis...

(1) (Reply)

Spiritual Work Or Spell Casting Guides And Procedures / Today's Bread Is Not For Tomorrow - Joseph Prince / How Can Someone Know That God Is Calling Him/she

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.