Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,142 members, 7,815,001 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:21 AM

Pastor Kumuyi: Women Who Wear Men’s Clothes Are An Abomination Unto God - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Kumuyi: Women Who Wear Men’s Clothes Are An Abomination Unto God (30278 Views)

Evangelist Victor Edet: 'Ladies Who Wear Trousers Can Never Make Heaven' / It’s An Abomination To Call Your Husband By His Name Or Pet Name - Pastor Says / Christmas Is An Abomination & A Blasphemous Pegan Festival - Reno Omokri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Kumuyi: Women Who Wear Men’s Clothes Are An Abomination Unto God by Kobojunkiee: 6:27pm On Apr 15, 2021
derecho:
I doubt skirt is the male outfit in Scotland bro.But even if skirt is the male outfit, if a woman wears it IN Scotland then she's wearing a man's wear in Scotland.
In as much as every culture have their dressing,
there is a Christian culture which is about moderation and righteousness. Our righteousness should exceed that of the Pharisees.. For example, a Christian lady can't afford to dress in a way that even an unbeliever would question the difference between her and his girlfriend.
Concerning bumshorts and leggings, the designers have a purpose for that fashion just like Mary Quant who designed miniskirt.
My point,
The world has its fashion and its goal.As Christians,we don't conform to the world's drive towards seduction.
My brother, even in professions like the military and engineering where ladies may need to wear trousers, their outfits aren't like leggings.
Let's be careful not to use our liberty just for our fleshly lusts. Galatians 5:13
There is no such thing as Christian Culture. There is the Law, Jesus Christ, and those who are followers of the Law. undecided

Jesus Christ, the Law, did not give His followers any rules regarding how to dress or what to wear, so that is left up to individuals to decide for themselves. If they want to dress culturally or backwardly, it is their choice and this choice they have through Jesus Christ. undecided
Re: Pastor Kumuyi: Women Who Wear Men’s Clothes Are An Abomination Unto God by Kobojunkiee: 6:30pm On Apr 15, 2021
efonat:
But its what's in your inward man that comes out. If u re pure in heart, it will show in your dressing. So stop justifying evil. Bible say should we continue in sin because the grace abounds? Complete the rest. That Jesus paid the ultimate is not a guarantee to live your life anyhow.
Jesus Christ never said your purity has anything to do with your dressing. Instead, He told you that it is not what is on the outside, or what you eat that matters. Instead what He tells you is that what is stored up in your heart is the problem... not your choice of food or dressing. undecided
Re: Pastor Kumuyi: Women Who Wear Men’s Clothes Are An Abomination Unto God by Kobojunkiee: 6:30pm On Apr 15, 2021
AbuAeesha:

no but he gave them the intellect to identify and differentiate between make/female clothing .
Where did God do that? undecided
Re: Pastor Kumuyi: Women Who Wear Men’s Clothes Are An Abomination Unto God by Kobojunkiee: 6:43pm On Apr 15, 2021
Sikiratu:

True it is biblical, but so also the following which Pastor did not say
A woman in her period should not be in Church.
Don't plant different kinds of seeds
Don't eat fish with no scales such as cat fish, Titus etc
Don't eat cray fish, lobster, prawns etc
Don't eat animals that does not have hooves split n 4.
Don't dress in clothes of different materials such as silk and cotton Ankara and lace etc
In Exodus and Deuteronomy

If you do just one of these, you are guilty of all.

Now the question is...... Why is Pastor Kumuyi silent on this, yet vocal on women wearing men's cloth??
The man does not have Jesus Christ living inside of Him since He still teaches his own selection of Jewish Laws to Christians, and gentiles at that.

Deuteronomy 30 vs 15-20 (ERV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
15. “Today I have given you a choice between life and death, success and disaster.
16. I command you today to love the Lord your God. I command you to follow him and to obey his commands, laws, and rules. Then you will live, and your nation will grow larger. And the Lord your God will bless you in the land that you are entering to take for your own.
17. But if you turn away from your God and refuse to listen, if you are led away to worship and serve other gods,
18. you will be destroyed. I am warning you today, if you turn away from God, you will not live long in that land across the Jordan River that you are ready to enter and take for your own.

19. “Today I am giving you a choice of two ways. And I ask heaven and earth to be witnesses of your choice. You can choose life or death. The first choice will bring a blessing. The other choice will bring a curse. So choose life! Then you and your children will live.
20. You must love the Lord your God and obey him. Never leave him, because he is your life. And he will give you a long life in the land that he, the Lord, promised to give to your ancestors—Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.”
God Himself declared that His Covenant, given through Moses, is between Him and those who are of the blood of Jacob(Jews), so a Nigerian(gentile) Mog teaching Jewish Laws to Nigerians(gentiles) is not only astounding but revealing of the fact that he does not even realize, even after decades of teaching, that Jesus Christ is instead the New Covenant agreement between God and individual man, provided to all, including gentiles that Jesus Christ commanded His followers, all, to teach instead? undecided

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi: Women Who Wear Men’s Clothes Are An Abomination Unto God by Kobojunkiee: 6:51pm On Apr 15, 2021
sacx:
If only believers will understand that you can't mix the law and Grace together, all these back and forth bickering would be nonexistent. I'm afraid Pastor Kumuyi doesn't understand the gospel he claims to preach. I was their member once upon a time grin
You are right that the man does not have Jesus Christ living on the inside of his person cause Jesus Christ is the Truth of God, and nothing of what this man teaches comes close to the New Covenant of God. undecided
Re: Pastor Kumuyi: Women Who Wear Men’s Clothes Are An Abomination Unto God by Kobojunkiee: 6:52pm On Apr 15, 2021
Aidejay:
See me trying to convince myself to stay in Nigeria if presented with an opportunity to leave
God forbid me I will now be here living under this aura of HYPOCRITES me I will now become a church LovePeddler running from one church to another living life like a fugitive because some body has decided to dictate right living under the ideas of the will of God and not the will of God. God forbid that I let myself become like you people whose life revolves around bending people to your will or else threaten them with hell
Go forbid that I stay in this shit hole and dirty myself with your mass stupidity
Poverty is your identity yes poverty is
Live in bondage It fits you
Live in ignorance it fits you
Live in the old testament it fits you
Continue to bask in your joint foolishness
We will all die
And according to u
Everybody will go to hell because they don't believe you
sounds to me like u are d runner up for hell for trying to impose your madness on people
And those who are in your religious circle if they don't still abide by your specific principles are also going to hell

That is to say everybody is going to hell
ROFLMAO
cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Pastor Kumuyi: Women Who Wear Men’s Clothes Are An Abomination Unto God by Kobojunkiee: 6:55pm On Apr 15, 2021
Goshen360:
Why is Kumuyi still holding onto the Mosaic (law) when the Messiah (Grace and Truth) already came by Jesus? How many of the laws in the Mosaic does Kumuyi still obey today?
Simple answer to your question is that the Truth of God, Jesus Christ, does not live inside of the person of Kumuyi. That is why, even after many decades, he continues to teach the doctrines and traditions of men, in place of the Gospel of the Kingdom of God which Jesus Christ commands that all those who belong to Him teach instead. undecided
Re: Pastor Kumuyi: Women Who Wear Men’s Clothes Are An Abomination Unto God by Kobojunkiee: 6:57pm On Apr 15, 2021
professore:
What my pastor says is that, if there is a division as to if something is correct or wrong, it is better to take caution, assuming if wearing trouser is indeed wrong for women, will they ask God to please send them back to the Earth to make amendments? So my pastor decided that ladies should not wear trousers in our church... I think this is reasonable.
Your Pastor is wrong! He has no right to tell anyone what to wear or not wear as far as the Kingdom of God is concerned. Stop letting these men fool you with their doctrines and traditions which are meaningless lies as far as Jesus Christ is concerned. undecided
Re: Pastor Kumuyi: Women Who Wear Men’s Clothes Are An Abomination Unto God by Kobojunkiee: 7:01pm On Apr 15, 2021
EmpressT:
Hmmmm.....I am not perfect but with time, I'll get used to this verse you pointed out.
I have always admire the teachings of Pastor Kumuyi, Mary K. Baxter and Kathryn Kulhman. I so much admire the courage and sincerity of these evangelists when preaching in accordance with the Word of God(i.e the Bible ).
We need more preachers, gospel singers and drama actors and actresses telling the world about God's Kingdom, Salvation and the Second Coming of Christ.
A person like me isn't moved by sermons preached on Prosperity because I will easily get bored.... I just don't know why. I love to listen to the mysteries about God and his spirituality. I love to see beyond the physical.
You shouldn't be moved by lies and deceit either, which is what Kumuyi, Mary Baxter, and K. Kulhman also teach you.

Deuteronomy 30 vs 15-20 (ERV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
15. “Today I have given you a choice between life and death, success and disaster.
16. I command you today to love the Lord your God. I command you to follow him and to obey his commands, laws, and rules. Then you will live, and your nation will grow larger. And the Lord your God will bless you in the land that you are entering to take for your own.
17. But if you turn away from your God and refuse to listen, if you are led away to worship and serve other gods,
18. you will be destroyed. I am warning you today, if you turn away from God, you will not live long in that land across the Jordan River that you are ready to enter and take for your own.

19. “Today I am giving you a choice of two ways. And I ask heaven and earth to be witnesses of your choice. You can choose life or death. The first choice will bring a blessing. The other choice will bring a curse. So choose life! Then you and your children will live.
20. You must love the Lord your God and obey him. Never leave him, because he is your life. And he will give you a long life in the land that he, the Lord, promised to give to your ancestors—Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.”
Why are gentiles teaching what is Jewish only Law, as declared by God Himself, to gentiles world?undecided

Why do you Mogs not realize that Jesus Christ is instead the New Covenant Law that God has chosen to bless all nations, including the gentile world, with instead? undecided
How can a one who belongs to Jesus Christ, called to teach the Gospel of the Kingdom of God, as taught by Jesus Christ, resort instead to teaching their own doctrines and traditions instead? undecided
Re: Pastor Kumuyi: Women Who Wear Men’s Clothes Are An Abomination Unto God by Kobojunkiee: 7:06pm On Apr 15, 2021
efonat:
Its what's is inside that reflect your outside. Before u dress, u have thought it through. So therefore if ur inner man is sanctified, it will reflect on the outward man.
Your outer man is not found in your dressing, your eating, or your mannerisms, but in your obedience or disobedience of the Law of God, Jesus Christ. undecided
Re: Pastor Kumuyi: Women Who Wear Men’s Clothes Are An Abomination Unto God by MightySparrow: 7:24pm On Apr 15, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
Let an Mog tell you lies in the name of God, you mean? undecided
Why does your Mog in Nigeria, teach laws from the Old Covenant to Nigerians(gentiles), which God Himself declared existed only between Himself and those who have the blood of Jacob(Jews)? undecided

Why do your Mogs not realize, even after many decades of preaching their many doctrines to millions, that Jesus Christ is instead the New Covenant Law of the Kingdom of God that they are expected to teach, just as Jesus Christ Himself commanded of His followers? undecided

You sound like a confused person.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi: Women Who Wear Men’s Clothes Are An Abomination Unto God by Kobojunkiee: 7:29pm On Apr 15, 2021
MightySparrow:

You sound like a confused person.
Ofcourse the Truth of God is confusing to those who cannot stand it. undecided
Re: Pastor Kumuyi: Women Who Wear Men’s Clothes Are An Abomination Unto God by MightySparrow: 7:43pm On Apr 15, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
Ofcourse the Truth of God is confusing to those who cannot stand it. undecided

You don't contribute as someone who hold any truth but as wrongly indoctrinated person.
I will like to know the congregation you belong.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi: Women Who Wear Men’s Clothes Are An Abomination Unto God by mechanics(m): 10:41pm On Apr 15, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
You mean leave Kumuyi and his lying minions to continue spreading lies in the name of God, the same way that Jesus Christ left the Pharisees and other teachers of the Law to their lying in the name of God?undecided

Read that book without the blinders given you by these men of God on. Read it to save your soul from the poison that is the lies they have fed you all the years you have spent listening to them. Jesus Christ warned you that even a little leaven(lie) leavens the whole batch of flour. Imagine the effect that years of these lies have done to your mind - rendered you so blind you are afraid to see. undecided
You better pray not to experience the wrath of God of speaking lies against His anointed one and who made you the judge?
Re: Pastor Kumuyi: Women Who Wear Men’s Clothes Are An Abomination Unto God by Kobojunkiee: 10:46pm On Apr 15, 2021
mechanics:
You better pray not to experience the wrath of God of speaking lies against His anointed one and who made you the judge?
And the more you open your mouth, the more you vomit more of the lies you have been fed by your listening to these men who themselves do not know God. undecided

Did you not hear when Jesus Christ told you that there will be no judgement against you if you insult Him or the Father in Heaven? undecided

Are you, by your claim that God will visit His wrath against me suggesting that your Mog is on the same level as the Spirit of God Himself? undecided

God already judged all these and told you that those who teach lies in His Name are the false teachers and false prophets He warned you against listening to. undecided

It is not too late, while you still have breath, to read that bible so you can learn the Truth from Jesus Christ, the one you were called to believe in and obey. undecided
Re: Pastor Kumuyi: Women Who Wear Men’s Clothes Are An Abomination Unto God by derecho(m): 6:26am On Apr 16, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
There is no such thing as Christian Culture. There is the Law, Jesus Christ, and those who are followers of the Law. undecided

Jesus Christ, the Law, did not give His followers any rules regarding how to dress or what to wear, so that is left up to individuals to decide for themselves. If they want to dress culturally or backwardly, it is their choice and this choice they have through Jesus Christ. undecided

Friend, what is culture?
Culture is the characteristics and knowledge of a particular group of people, encompassing language, religion, cuisine, social habits, music and arts.

What does Jesus mean in Matthew 11:29 when He said "Learn of Me"?
Why were Believers called " Christians " in Antioch?

What does James mean by "The World" in James 4:4?

I can go on but I don't think it's necessary.

True Christians,I don't mean churchgoers, are different.They think differently. A Christian, for example, doesn't dress because that's what's in vogue, but first to cover his/her unclothedness. Style is secondary.

A churchgoer just goes to church.He/she doesn't even know God.The churchgoer can even dress to church for show off or to seduce.He or she doesn't understand the new life experience hence will argue. Why? Nothing has changed.No such thing as "old thing" passing away.

A Christian doesn't need anyone to tell him/her how to dress. The Spirit of God in him/her won't just allow them to wear somethings.The issue is not trousers or not.Purpose/intention is equally important.

Suffice to say, apart from the state of your heart, no Christian lady will dress like a harlot. Encounter with Jesus will affect you. Some things won't just appeal to you anymore.

By Christian culture, I mean Christian way of life including their decent dressing that glorifies God.
We don't live for Self anymore but Jesus lives in us and manifests His Life through us.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ban Funke Felix Adejumo From Coming To UK - Mayowa Olayia Petitions / Catholic Church Doesn’t Run On Tithe– Cardinal Okogie Fires Back At Gov. Bello / Prophet Nabii Tito Dancing & Kissing His Wife & Housemaid Before Arrest (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.