Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,793 members, 7,956,027 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 09:45 PM

Pastor Kumuyi: Women Who Wear Men’s Clothes Are An Abomination Unto God - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Kumuyi: Women Who Wear Men’s Clothes Are An Abomination Unto God (30966 Views)

Evangelist Victor Edet: 'Ladies Who Wear Trousers Can Never Make Heaven' / It’s An Abomination To Call Your Husband By His Name Or Pet Name - Pastor Says / Christmas Is An Abomination & A Blasphemous Pegan Festival - Reno Omokri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Kumuyi: Women Who Wear Men’s Clothes Are An Abomination Unto God by Otuegbe: 4:27pm On Apr 01, 2019
my wife sometimes Wear my boxers. is that one sin also. we even share bathroom slippers and round neck t-shirts.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi: Women Who Wear Men’s Clothes Are An Abomination Unto God by Tfbaby(m): 4:27pm On Apr 01, 2019
Righteousness89:

Accept JESUS CHRIST genuinely..

When The Spirit takes hold of you, you will yield to His Word

Thanks for the advice sir
If I may ask do you believe the Holy Ghost
Re: Pastor Kumuyi: Women Who Wear Men’s Clothes Are An Abomination Unto God by Righteousness89(m): 4:29pm On Apr 01, 2019
Tfbaby:

Thanks for the advice sir
If I may ask do you believe the Holy Ghost
I Believe in JESUS CHRIST and By His Grace I am Filled with the Holy Ghost
Re: Pastor Kumuyi: Women Who Wear Men’s Clothes Are An Abomination Unto God by Giftednwaimo(f): 4:31pm On Apr 01, 2019
HigherEd:
Well, it isn't religion that should determine what a man, woman wears or not. In Scotland men wear skirts, In certain parts of Nigeria men also wear wrappers, biblical Jews wear robes. Let everyone wear whatever their cultures allow... Messages of the church on dressing should end at decency.

I know this sermon reference regards women wearing trousers and I completely disagree that trousers are men wears. There are certain trousers men can't even wear... Can a man wear leggings or bumshort? By the way trousers is not even an invention of the Church therefore we can't determine who can wear it or not.

Probably the bible reference was even referring to cross dressers like bobrisky and denrele who intentionally identify with the opposite sex, not the average woman you see wearing jean trousers.

Believers of today should focus on preaching Jesus and unveiling his grace not showing people how unworthy they are. If you like fulfill the law in entirety if you don't have Jesus hell is your case.

Lastly, nobody is an abomination unto God, we've been saved by grace and by the precious blood of Jesus. It is His blood that qualifies us not our futile deeds. Thank you.
Mehn you killed it This is the real truth.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi: Women Who Wear Men’s Clothes Are An Abomination Unto God by Olaa: 5:00pm On Apr 01, 2019
Who invented Clothes? Who designated Trousers, Buba and Sooro, Agbada etc for Males and Blouse, Skirt, Iro and Buba etc for Females? Are they stated in the Bible? Where? Last time I checked, Adam and Eve where wearing the same thing, the same design...Gen 3:21.

I don’t know why we like majoring on the minor and minoring on the major!

Amagite:
The G.O of Deeper Christian Life Ministry, Pastor William Kumuyi, on Sunday said women who put on men’s wears are abomination unto God, reports.

According to the outlet, Kumuyi, who was preaching on the topic: “The Inner and Outward Beauty of Kingdom Citizens,” said the Bible specifically warned that men should not put on women’s wear neither should women put on men’s wears.

He noted everybody would frown if a preacher come to the pulpit putting on a woman’s wear as people would think he was abnormal, adding that the society seemed to appreciate women putting on men’s wears than men putting on women’s wears.

He said the standard of God would never change even if the world would change, emphasising that God frowned at any woman wearing men’s wears or men putting on women’s wears.

According to him, some Christians felt inferior because they were not copying the standard of the world, while challenging such people to keep on obeying God’s word rather than the world.

Kumuyi stated that the outward beauty that the world seemed to appreciate bred pride and arrogance, saying that the inner beauty gotten through Salvation in Christ should be coveted by all as such would lead to heaven.

http://www.amagitesblog.com/2019/04/women-who-wear-mens-clothes-are-an-abomination-unto-god-pastor-kumuyi.html

Re: Pastor Kumuyi: Women Who Wear Men’s Clothes Are An Abomination Unto God by sacx: 5:01pm On Apr 01, 2019
If only believers will understand that you can't mix the law and Grace together, all these back and forth bickering would be nonexistent. I'm afraid Pastor Kumuyi doesn't understand the gospel he claims to preach. I was their member once upon a time grin
Re: Pastor Kumuyi: Women Who Wear Men’s Clothes Are An Abomination Unto God by Aidejay(m): 5:03pm On Apr 01, 2019
See me trying to convince myself to stay in Nigeria if presented with an opportunity to leave
God forbid me I will now be here living under this aura of HYPOCRITES me I will now become a church LovePeddler running from one church to another living life like a fugitive because some body has decided to dictate right living under the ideas of the will of God and not the will of God. God forbid that I let myself become like you people whose life revolves around bending people to your will or else threaten them with hell
Go forbid that I stay in this shit hole and dirty myself with your mass stupidity
Poverty is your identity yes poverty is
Live in bondage It fits you
Live in ignorance it fits you
Live in the old testament it fits you
Continue to bask in your joint foolishness
We will all die
And according to u
Everybody will go to hell because they don't believe you
sounds to me like u are d runner up for hell for trying to impose your madness on people
And those who are in your religious circle if they don't still abide by your specific principles are also going to hell

That is to say everybody is going to hell
Re: Pastor Kumuyi: Women Who Wear Men’s Clothes Are An Abomination Unto God by Preetti(f): 5:11pm On Apr 01, 2019
WHAT DOES DEUT 22:5 SAY?
Observe that in distinguishing between the outfits of men and women, the text (Deut 22:5) didn’t state exactly what kind of outfit belongs to the man and what kind of outfit belongs to the woman. It simply says the woman shouldn’t wear what pertains to the man and vice-versa.
How then do we determine what outfit(s) belong to which? Note that in talking about the variation in outfits, it didn’t mention the word ‘ trousers’ neither did it state that trousers are the exclusive preserve of men while women are bound to wear skirt always. It’s therefore mischievous to use this text as a basis for barring women from wearing trousers. Apart from this
seemingly controversial text, you’ll never find a portion in the bible that categorically states what kind of outfit is meant for the different sexes.
Since we can’t situate such distinction in outfits biblically, how then do we judge the matter?
IT’S CULTURALLY DETERMINED
In order to do justice to the matter, we’ll have to be able to make distinctions between what is culturally obtained and what is spiritually obtained . For instance, as touching women trousers by women, it’s primarily determined by what is considered moral and accepted by the culture/custom prevalent in a place.
What the different sexes wore was dictated by their cultures and what seemed appropriate to those cultures. For instance, it will interest you to know that during the bible days, in the Jewish culture, men wore skirts. See texts like DEUT22:30, 27:20, 1SAM24:4, HAG2:12, ZECH8:23 for confirmation.
Now, it’s absurd to see men wear skirts in the present times. However, in those days, men did. Also, during that period in history, men wore garments (what ladies refer to as GOWN nowadays). In our contemporary world, we observe that there is a variation in how the different genders dress depending on the society.
For instance, in the Western world, men and women wear trousers alike. What distinguishes the male trouser from that of the female is the style/manner in which they are sewn. As for the African culture, gone are the days when people tend to look down on women who wear trousers. In recent times, the practise has come to be generally acceptable .
[b]THE REAL ISSUE
The real issue is not the appropriateness of trousers for women. Rather, it’s the appropriateness of their
manner of appearance, be it in skirts or trousers. It’s about decency in the choice of outfit. To say that skirts are the only decent wear for a woman is purely
self-deceit .
Perhaps those who say trousers are not decent wears for women haven’t stepped out of the compounds in which they are born, all their lives. Otherwise, they will acknowledge that many skirts worn by women are far from being desirable. I speak of the kind of skirts that are really tight fitting and reveals the contour of the woman waist downwards…the type that is hyper-mini and slits in such a way that it exposes sensitive parts of the body.
WHAT THEN?
1Ti 2:9 In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel…
1Pe 3:3 Whose adorning let it not be that outward adorning of plaiting the hair, and of wearing of gold, or of putting on of apparel;
1Pe 3:4 But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price.
MODESTY IS THE KEY
Note that there is no mention of what kind of outfit meant for a woman in the passages. Also, observe that the key here is MODESTY (dress properly). What’s more, what they (women) should adorn themselves with is good works and not outward items. Attention is to be paid to the inward man and not the outward but not to the neglect of the outward appearance. While you go about looking good (whether in trousers or skirts), be particular about your true inner self . Your outward appearance should bother on modesty/decency and also be subservient to the adorning of the spirit man

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pastor Kumuyi: Women Who Wear Men’s Clothes Are An Abomination Unto God by Psoul(m): 5:32pm On Apr 01, 2019
As time goes on they will come to see it as not bn an abomination as they earlier thought.

Initially, they believed that owing television is sinful. All their new converts gathered their televisions and were burnt

Today half of their ministries are done through satellite which their members watch through television.

They said that owing expensive furniture is a sin. Today, they live is expansive houses with expensive pieces of furniture.

Some years ago, it was sinful and an abomination for a woman to sit on a motorcycle spreading her two legs behind the man carrying her. She has to sit sideways with legs closed together. Only wild and indecent girls will sit with legs spread apart.
Today, it is acceptable for every woman to sit with legs spread wide behind the bike rider. It's no longer a sin.

It used to be sinful for a woman to have an attachment on their hair. Today most of the crusaders have very long and expensive attachments on.

What about jewelries. When was the sin inherent in them abolished. It's no longer sinful for women to wear necklace or earings.

Some preachers used to tell us then that beating drums and dancing in the church, is worldly. I see most of them buying bands and dancing more. Has the sin in bands bn washed away.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi: Women Who Wear Men’s Clothes Are An Abomination Unto God by Nobody: 5:43pm On Apr 01, 2019
What's God's take on people that still depend on grasses and leaves for clothing? Or the Ones walking naked?

I wouldn't have bothered if your point is on moderation and decency. But, what is decency? what is moderation? what is clothing? what is God?... All are human inventions.

unclothedness becomes attractive because we cover it, let everyone walk naked and see how the madness will shift. I think God should have a better understanding on this matter.

We are configured to read meanings into dressing and what lies under, if unclothedness is natural, then human mind is what needs proper dressing not flesh coupled with respect for nature.

Don't be a fool trying to defend God or Kumuyi by quoting me. I respect no form of idiocy. Life is bliss if you can take inner dive. God is nowhere and everywhere, God is EXISTENCE and not those craps written in pages of books forced on our innocent minds.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi: Women Who Wear Men’s Clothes Are An Abomination Unto God by HigherEd: 6:16pm On Apr 01, 2019
1930revival:

You may remember this ur counter sermon in hell except you repent and delete this comment which gears toward misleading more please.
It is you who assume the place of God and judge your fellow man that would go to hell. May God judge you according to your work, may he judge me according to the sacrifice of Christ.....

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi: Women Who Wear Men’s Clothes Are An Abomination Unto God by HigherEd: 6:17pm On Apr 01, 2019
mrZENographer:

But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death. Revelation 21:8
Let me clarify, no believer is an abomination into God.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi: Women Who Wear Men’s Clothes Are An Abomination Unto God by Goshen360(m): 6:31pm On Apr 01, 2019
Why is Kumuyi still holding onto the Mosaic (law) when the Messiah (Grace and Truth) already came by Jesus? How many of the laws in the Mosaic does Kumuyi still obey today?
Re: Pastor Kumuyi: Women Who Wear Men’s Clothes Are An Abomination Unto God by Nodogragra4me(m): 7:40pm On Apr 01, 2019
I respect your answer

HigherEd:

It is you who assume the place of God and judge your fellow man that would go to hell. May God judge you according to your work, may he judge me according to the sacrifice of Christ.....
Re: Pastor Kumuyi: Women Who Wear Men’s Clothes Are An Abomination Unto God by InansBobo(m): 8:31pm On Apr 01, 2019
Righteousness89:
The Bible says so not pastor Kumuyi
so if your wife wears your polo she's going to hell?
Re: Pastor Kumuyi: Women Who Wear Men’s Clothes Are An Abomination Unto God by adelee777: 8:37pm On Apr 01, 2019
Righteousness89:
The Bible says so not pastor Kumuyi

How about not mixing materials in a single attire? Tassels at the edges of male clothes? The Bible says all these too. Never heard anybody preaching about these.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi: Women Who Wear Men’s Clothes Are An Abomination Unto God by Emilokoiyawon: 9:08pm On Apr 01, 2019
I still don't understand. So, uncle Kumuyi you are telling me that your God is very interested in the kind of clothes people are wearing. This is what keeps your God awake at night. Shey dat one na God? Or some1 with misplaced priorities? If you say, those that steal from the poor (aka Nigerian politicians), oppress orphans; convict the innocent (Nigerian police); etc. are an abomination to your God, then I will say that is a God that has his or her priorities in the right place. This your God that is busy concerned about how Bobrisky is dressing, is not a God, but a jobless somebody.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi: Women Who Wear Men’s Clothes Are An Abomination Unto God by professore(m): 9:09pm On Apr 01, 2019
What my pastor says is that, if there is a division as to if something is correct or wrong, it is better to take caution, assuming if wearing trouser is indeed wrong for women, will they ask God to please send them back to the Earth to make amendments? So my pastor decided that ladies should not wear trousers in our church... I think this is reasonable.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi: Women Who Wear Men’s Clothes Are An Abomination Unto God by mrZENographer: 9:28pm On Apr 01, 2019
HigherEd:

Let me clarify, no believer is an abomination into God.

But now I have written to you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother(believer) be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or an extortionist; with such an one no not to eat. 1Corinthians 5:11
Re: Pastor Kumuyi: Women Who Wear Men’s Clothes Are An Abomination Unto God by HarmonyJael(f): 9:56pm On Apr 01, 2019
Osinachi1:

You call someone a MOFO and claim to be a child of god? Haha. I rather not serve this your god
Leave it dat way....
Re: Pastor Kumuyi: Women Who Wear Men’s Clothes Are An Abomination Unto God by EmpressT(f): 12:10am On Apr 02, 2019
Hmmmm.....I am not perfect but with time, I'll get used to this verse you pointed out.
I have always admire the teachings of Pastor Kumuyi, Mary K. Baxter and Kathryn Kulhman. I so much admire the courage and sincerity of these evangelists when preaching in accordance with the Word of God(i.e the Bible ).
We need more preachers, gospel singers and drama actors and actresses telling the world about God's Kingdom, Salvation and the Second Coming of Christ.
A person like me isn't moved by sermons preached on Prosperity because I will easily get bored.... I just don't know why. I love to listen to the mysteries about God and his spirituality. I love to see beyond the physical.

Kingjames:
Deuteronomy 22:5 The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the LORD thy God. Bible (KJV
yes the Bible said it. But one can not read a verse and start preaching without deeper understanding
The so called men of God will never teach any of the rules in the old testament than " bring ye tithe unto God" or Women should not wear men's dress
look at VERSE 11: Deuteronomy 22:11 Thou shalt not wear a garment of divers sorts, as of woollen and linen together. Bible (KJV)
how many of us are not guilty of this; even the pastors
Grace has saved us
Re: Pastor Kumuyi: Women Who Wear Men’s Clothes Are An Abomination Unto God by tosyne2much(m): 1:50am On Apr 02, 2019
I'm tired of listening to this long aged argument whenever it comes up.

It's not religion that will determines what a man or woman should put on, it's actually culture.. I hope Nigerians will get this into their skull and stop using Nigerian standard as a laid down dressing patter for the whole universe

In Scotland, men wear robe (it's more less a skirt) while Urhobo and Edo men normally tie wrapper
Re: Pastor Kumuyi: Women Who Wear Men’s Clothes Are An Abomination Unto God by samuelgambo(m): 3:23am On Apr 02, 2019
For ever thy word is settle in heaven, therefore God can't change his word to suit the world, the bible said heaven and earth shall pass away but my word shall not pass away, you may change but God is no respecter of any person, the foundation of God stand sure and let him that named the name of Christ depart from iniquity. God destroyed the whole world in time of Noah, so God doesn't care if it is only one person who follow the standard, for many are called but few are chosen, I will be among the few, there is a broad way which accommodate self center people who want to live sumptuous life, and a narrow way for those poor in spirit for there is the kingdom of God. received or reject is your choice but there must be a separation on the final day.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi: Women Who Wear Men’s Clothes Are An Abomination Unto God by HarmonyJael(f): 10:03pm On Apr 02, 2019
spongeisback:
Kumuyi is a big hypocrite, see his shaved side beards didn’t the Bible warn against that? Am sure he eats crayfish.

This man has emassed so much wealth preying on gullible minds using his faux humility and false doctrines.
In ur mind u have said something reasonable....
D wealth u claim he accumulates....Does it belong to you??
My dear, learn to respect yourself.
Watch ur tongue.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi: Women Who Wear Men’s Clothes Are An Abomination Unto God by tripper003: 2:37pm On Apr 03, 2019
sukerefakere:
When I Die I die...I try as much as possible to do good and live a peaceful life devoid of any affiliation with any Nonsense religion.

Fear?
grin grin grin

Don't allow "fear" consume you

cheesy If you saw the real thing, you can't define fear. Terror, nay, Horror doesn't fit the real emotion that day. Take my tip, Seek the true religion. Otherwise, darwin, even Satan will disown your stance on that day.
In the end, it is NOT FUNNY. We were CREATED deliberately for a purpose.
Religion was soiled by the Great deceiver into various adulterated forms to disillusion people and send them to eternal doom.
Ill reiterate Religions exist, there is only ONE TRUE RELIGION, whoever doesn't embrace it....
Re: Pastor Kumuyi: Women Who Wear Men’s Clothes Are An Abomination Unto God by Chikelue2000(m): 5:32pm On Apr 03, 2019
HigherEd:
Well, it isn't religion that should determine what a man, woman wears or not. In Scotland men wear skirts, In certain parts of Nigeria men also wear wrappers, biblical Jews wear robes. Let everyone wear whatever their cultures allow... Messages of the church on dressing should end at decency.

I know this sermon reference regards women wearing trousers and I completely disagree that trousers are men wears. There are certain trousers men can't even wear... Can a man wear leggings or bumshort? By the way trousers is not even an invention of the Church therefore we can't determine who can wear it or not.

Probably the bible reference was even referring to cross dressers like bobrisky and denrele who intentionally identify with the opposite sex, not the average woman you see wearing jean trousers.

Believers of today should focus on preaching Jesus and unveiling his grace not showing people how unworthy they are. If you like fulfill the law in entirety if you don't have Jesus hell is your case.

Lastly, nobody is an abomination unto God, we've been saved by grace and by the precious blood of Jesus. It is His blood that qualifies us not our futile deeds. Thank you.
my dear, anyone who does commit sin is an abomination to God...He hates sin, stop making grace look like u r free to do what u wanna do
Re: Pastor Kumuyi: Women Who Wear Men’s Clothes Are An Abomination Unto God by HigherEd: 6:43pm On Apr 03, 2019
Chikelue2000:
my dear, anyone who does commit sin is an abomination to God...He hates sin, stop making grace look like u r free to do what u wanna do
Do you commit sin?

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi: Women Who Wear Men’s Clothes Are An Abomination Unto God by efonat(m): 5:56am On Apr 04, 2019
Its what's is inside that reflect your outside. Before u dress, u have thought it through. So therefore if ur inner man is sanctified, it will reflect on the outward man.
Tfbaby:

I have no idea and I really want to know, how can one sin through their dressing?
Re: Pastor Kumuyi: Women Who Wear Men’s Clothes Are An Abomination Unto God by madegreatbygrace(m): 9:12pm On Apr 13, 2019
I'm sure this must be old story because pastor Kumuyi doesn't emphasize things like this anymore.Sometime ago, he came out to admit that he made some errors in the work of the ministry. He then promised to correct some of these wrong teachings before he departs.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi: Women Who Wear Men’s Clothes Are An Abomination Unto God by Kobojunkiee: 2:05am On Apr 15, 2021
Amagite:
The G.O of Deeper Christian Life Ministry, Pastor William Kumuyi, on Sunday said women who put on men’s wears are abomination unto God, reports.

According to the outlet, Kumuyi, who was preaching on the topic: “The Inner and Outward Beauty of Kingdom Citizens,” said the Bible specifically warned that men should not put on women’s wear neither should women put on men’s wears.

He noted everybody would frown if a preacher come to the pulpit putting on a woman’s wear as people would think he was abnormal, adding that the society seemed to appreciate women putting on men’s wears than men putting on women’s wears.

He said the standard of God would never change even if the world would change, emphasising that God frowned at any woman wearing men’s wears or men putting on women’s wears.

According to him, some Christians felt inferior because they were not copying the standard of the world, while challenging such people to keep on obeying God’s word rather than the world.

Kumuyi stated that the outward beauty that the world seemed to appreciate bred pride and arrogance, saying that the inner beauty gotten through Salvation in Christ should be coveted by all as such would lead to heaven.

http://www.amagitesblog.com/2019/04/women-who-wear-mens-clothes-are-an-abomination-unto-god-pastor-kumuyi.html

These men are the false teachers and false prophets (blind ones too) that Jesus Christ warned His followers against listening to. There mouths are filled with lies and so are their hearts for they do not know the Truth of God and Jesus Christ does not live inside of them. undecided
Re: Pastor Kumuyi: Women Who Wear Men’s Clothes Are An Abomination Unto God by Kobojunkiee: 2:06am On Apr 15, 2021
madegreatbygrace:
I'm sure this must be old story because pastor Kumuyi doesn't emphasize things like this anymore.Sometime ago, he came out to admit that he made some errors in the work of the ministry. He then promised to correct some of these wrong teachings before he departs.
Yeah right.... correct what exactly, after how many decades of lying to 10s of millions in the name of God? undecided
Re: Pastor Kumuyi: Women Who Wear Men’s Clothes Are An Abomination Unto God by Kobojunkiee: 2:09am On Apr 15, 2021
PrincewithGod:

Deuteronomy 22 : 5 The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for ALL that do so are ABOMINATION unto the LORD thy God.
You were never born or bound to the Old Covenant Law of Moses. So why do you follow a Law that God never included you in? undecided

Jesus Christ, the Law of God , came to you 2000 years ago, offering you His Way, Truth(Law) and Life (grace), but you continue to cling to that which God never called you for. Why? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Worshipers Defy Flood To Attend Church Service (Video) / Oritsejafor Gets Private-Jet As Birthday Gift From Church Members-(pics) / Pastor Zakaria Offers To Exchange Himself For Leah Sharibu’s Release

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.