Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,531 members, 7,816,296 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:02 AM

Messi Is Not “god” – Pope Francis - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Messi Is Not “god” – Pope Francis (38358 Views)

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Woman Was Not God's Original Idea (video) / Pastor Adeboye: Stop Using My Pictures On Souvenirs, I Am Not God / Daddy Freeze: I Was Attacked By Religious Mafia, It's Not God's Wrath (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Messi Is Not “god” – Pope Francis by SouthSouth1914: 6:35pm On Apr 01, 2019
Excallibur:
Messi likened to the likes of plato and socrates, fcking cool cool

I meant to say the likes of Plato, socreates and Aristotle are the ones to be referred to as gods and not Messi.
Re: Messi Is Not “god” – Pope Francis by sssoulw(m): 6:44pm On Apr 01, 2019
Warris dis wan saying undecided
flashlink:
He is a grass-eating goat
By the way, Ronaldo is the god of football
Re: Messi Is Not “god” – Pope Francis by Dottore: 6:52pm On Apr 01, 2019
dapiahno:

Guy yo head no korect at all.
Na your brain wey don travel
Re: Messi Is Not “god” – Pope Francis by ogbonti: 7:39pm On Apr 01, 2019
SouthSouth1914:
Messi is just a human being who knows how to play football, just like a mathematician who knows how to solve mathematics!

Let’s not get carried away!! We have great people from the medieval ages like Aristotle, socreates, Plato ‘et al.

Messi is just like you and I doing well what he knows how to do best!

A "god" who cannot win ordinary world cup.. so if he is your god? What is Mbappe and Griezmann to you? Ronaldinho, Ronaldo de Lima, Pele, Maradona, Zagalo, Mario Kempes, Socrates, Zico, Platini, Johan Cruyff, Ruud Gullit, Van Basten, Romario, Zidane, C Ronaldo etc... craze people
Re: Messi Is Not “god” – Pope Francis by 300wayne: 8:03pm On Apr 01, 2019
Dottore:
But it's not strange if Messi is idolized and worshipped like the many other pictures in Roman Catholic. Once you achieve a feat catholic give you a title and you enter statue and become a god.

St. Messi - pray for us.
plain ignorance

1 Like

Re: Messi Is Not “god” – Pope Francis by allisso: 8:13pm On Apr 01, 2019
Sydney17:
As for me and my household,RONALDO is the god and the real G O A T! he was a star in Portugal, he conquered England! he shattered records in Spain! he is currently TRENDING in Italy! He was a coach for few minutes and led Portugal to Euro most coveted trophy! Abeg there can only be one Ororo! Handsome king! we can't be ruled by Dwarf grin grin grin grin
Pope no even mention Ronaldo for here lol , guess everyone knows who the Goat is
Lol
Re: Messi Is Not “god” – Pope Francis by Kyllahmc(m): 8:14pm On Apr 01, 2019
Dottore:
But it's not strange if Messi is idolized and worshipped like the many other pictures in Roman Catholic. Once you achieve a feat catholic give you a title and you enter statue and become a god.

St. Messi - pray for us.
in your effort to throw shades at catholics you ended up disgracing yourself... Do you ask God to pray for you? Or simply pray straight to him..? Catholic saints aren't referred as God okay? Smh I'm not religious but I hate seeing Christians throwing shades at other Christians just because of a slight difference in sect. Catholic brought you Christianity remember? So their system of worship should even be the correct and original procedure if you ask me... Its more like an American debating the English language with an English man.

1 Like

Re: Messi Is Not “god” – Pope Francis by ade4banji: 8:15pm On Apr 01, 2019
CR7 or Messi, the last to quit big team in the game of football will be the GOAT.
Re: Messi Is Not “god” – Pope Francis by Shaev7(m): 8:25pm On Apr 01, 2019
Dottore:

St. Messi - pray for us.
See your life! So if you're asked of Catholics worship images you'll say yes!

1 Like

Re: Messi Is Not “god” – Pope Francis by Dottore: 8:39pm On Apr 01, 2019
Kyllahmc:
in your effort to throw shades at catholics you ended up disgracing yourself... Do you ask God to pray for you? Or simply pray straight to him..? Catholic saints aren't referred as God okay? Smh I'm not religious but I hate seeing Christians throwing shades at other Christians just because of a slight difference in sect. Catholic brought you Christianity remember? So their system of worship should even be the correct and original procedure if you ask me... Its more like an American debating the English language with an English man.
You should be happy y'all have yourself another "Saint" praying for you. He will soon be enlisted in the litany of saints.
Re: Messi Is Not “god” – Pope Francis by OyinO: 8:51pm On Apr 01, 2019
He is a God of Soccer but CR7 is the Almighty God of soccer. And you Mr. Pope, it seems your popularity is going down the drain due to the number of people waking up from religious matrix and mental slavery.
Re: Messi Is Not “god” – Pope Francis by SouthSouth1914: 8:52pm On Apr 01, 2019
ogbonti:

A "god" who cannot win ordinary world cup.. so if he is your god? What is Mbappe and Griezmann to you? Ronaldinho, Ronaldo de Lima, Pele, Maradona, Zagalo, Mario Kempes, Socrates, Zico, Platini, Johan Cruyff, Ruud Gullit, Van Basten, Romario, Zidane, C Ronaldo etc... craze people

Lol.. I didn’t call him a god. I only mentioned people who should have been called God’s I read of Lionel Messi
Re: Messi Is Not “god” – Pope Francis by encryptjay(m): 8:53pm On Apr 01, 2019
EVIL FOREST, you no well sha grin

CHELLINI, was asked “how do you hinder CR7”, he said mark him closely and don’t give him space. When asked about MESSI, he did “SIGN of the CROSS” and walked out of the interview
Re: Messi Is Not “god” – Pope Francis by Emilokoiyawon: 8:55pm On Apr 01, 2019
He is not God but he is more loved than Jesus and Mohammed combined. Argue with your keyboard.
Re: Messi Is Not “god” – Pope Francis by alexrufabot(m): 9:16pm On Apr 01, 2019
He is not God, but God forgot football in him when creating him.
Re: Messi Is Not “god” – Pope Francis by Dottore: 9:19pm On Apr 01, 2019
writefreely:
ignoramus
Your parents
Re: Messi Is Not “god” – Pope Francis by Nobody: 9:26pm On Apr 01, 2019
Dottore:

Your parents
Ur kids dad

1 Like

Re: Messi Is Not “god” – Pope Francis by IMASTEX: 9:40pm On Apr 01, 2019
Dottore:

St. Messi - pray for us.
Lol at bolded. He is no different from to folks asked to pray for them.
Re: Messi Is Not “god” – Pope Francis by Dottore: 9:47pm On Apr 01, 2019
Shaev7:

See your life! So if you're asked of Catholics worship images you'll say yes!
Let them do to that of Messi the same they do to other images
Re: Messi Is Not “god” – Pope Francis by mechanics(m): 9:57pm On Apr 01, 2019
The Pope is right.
Re: Messi Is Not “god” – Pope Francis by JimD(m): 10:19pm On Apr 01, 2019
Messi is overhyped. Comot dia. Couldn't even leave Barcelona for any other Spanish team, not to talk of another league.
Re: Messi Is Not “god” – Pope Francis by CAPSLOCKED: 10:49pm On Apr 01, 2019
ENVY GO SOON KILL THIS ONE.
I'M NOT EVEN SURE THIS RINGLEADER OF ALTERBOYS DIDDLERS KNOW THE MEANING OF GOD.

1 Like

Re: Messi Is Not “god” – Pope Francis by ogbonti: 11:45pm On Apr 01, 2019
SouthSouth1914:

Lol.. I didn’t call him a god. I only mentioned people who should have been called God’s I read of Lionel Messi

No u didn't, am sorry I was not directing this reply to you, my apologies, it was for those who call him a "god"
Re: Messi Is Not “god” – Pope Francis by TFLASHOGEE(m): 12:11am On Apr 02, 2019
na wa for Messi fans o just because pope mention am he don be God and saint, and the pope or interviewer no mention Ronaldo na una they bring am to matter. hate him or love him cr7 no get time for una hate speech he does his things his way. and people saying he forced ball to him self if it is that easy without him been talented then other players to should be able to force the ball more than him now. and it only in Barça that you can call him God cause if you dear mention him as a God to Argentine fans you will be caused as they still worship maradona but you go to Portugal you will know what up.
Re: Messi Is Not “god” – Pope Francis by kach17(m): 5:41am On Apr 02, 2019
PRINT QUALITY PLASTIC ID CARDS FOR #250 ONLY, CALL 08068833933. SAVE COST TODAY!
Re: Messi Is Not “god” – Pope Francis by Emary(f): 6:33am On Apr 02, 2019
Dottore:

Exactly my point swt heart. Messi is an ordinary person that lived a remarkable life. We are saying the same thing dear

That is not what your first statement implied.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Stephanie Otobo Is A Serial Blackmailer– DELSU Alumnus Ready To Testify In Court / Yahoo Boys Spray Cash On A Pastor During Church Service / Lolo Ebelechukwu Obi: Pastors Come To Our Shrine For Power– Wife Of Chief Priest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.