Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,295 members, 7,836,291 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:15 AM

The Crazy Moment I Acted Like A Don - Final Part - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Crazy Moment I Acted Like A Don - Final Part (335 Views)

The Crazy CEO Episode 1 / The Crazy Moment I Acted Like A Don - Part 2 / The Crazy Moment I Acted Like A Don. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Crazy Moment I Acted Like A Don - Final Part by ankaurspeaks(m): 8:45am On Apr 02, 2019
The crazy moment I acted like a DON - Final Part.

The Lessons Learned.

Lesson one:

Concisely, I detest impersonation because it most times affect personality. But despite the discomfort of being an imposter, at that instance, I couldn't have thought of a different thing to do.

Growing up in Lagos is a lesson in itself. In this part of the world, I have learned that civilians have greater regard for military personnel, hence, the act of an impostor. Although it wasn't a better approach I must confess.

Come to think of it, what if there was real military personnel in that vicinity. But hey, something terrible might have happened too if I had decided to sit on the fence.

I had once sat on the fence and watch a life ruined. It still lingers and I can't afford to be guilt-sick anymore.

Lesson Two:

If I could remember, the first and only time I had the privilege to be trained by a soldier was in February 2013. And that was in parade sessions during NYSC, precisely the first three weeks in camp. So, how on earth do I acquire the skill to act as an undercover agent? Jokes.....

In life, you can only give away what you've previously acquired. Far beyond my relationship with soldiers years back, I have long made a conscious decision to always defend the defenseless no matter the circumstances.

The big question is, what deliberation have you made in support of the powerless?

All required from you is zeal, courage, and boldness. Not necessarily in physicality, but financial and otherwise too. Inasmuch as it won't disrupt your happiness and safety.

Nelson Mandela once said, “It always seems impossible until it’s done.” Take a step today

Lesson Three:

One good thing that amused me was when everyone at the park irrespective of tribe or religious beliefs stood to defend the broad-chested man from the hand of his tormentor. We all stood for him because we had realized that the conductor wanted to cheat and as well humiliate him.

Ask yourself, what type of person are you? Are you the type that waits to verify if the person in crisis is of your tribe or religion before you step in to help. Are you that person that has made a vow to never have anything to do with a certain tribe or religion, all because of your past experiences with a person or people?

You see, there is something you must know. At first, we are human beings before tribe and religion came visiting. So, don't allow a common visitor to separate you from another human being whom you are obliged to shared love with and be kind to. Remember we all emanate from the first man, Adam.

Final words....

The best of mankind are those who tolerate one another. Standing up for each other in time of crisis/need is the best way to continue to live in harmony. Let's shun racism of all kinds and respect each other's beliefs.

My name is Oyewole Moshood (Ankaurspeaks), I'm passionate to help the youths shun negativity, embrace positivity and lead a meaningful life of impact and value.

(1) (Reply)

Writing Competitions (MYGAF) / A Chance To Win ₦15,000 On Writerspay.com This Month / Woman!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.