Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,835 members, 7,828,052 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:51 PM

Court Renews Arrest Warrant For Actress Monalisa Chinda - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Court Renews Arrest Warrant For Actress Monalisa Chinda (26875 Views)

" See My Investment": Actress Monalisa Chinda Shows Off Her Beautiful Daughter / Monalisa Chinda: My Daughter Saw Tiwa Savage And Abandoned Me At Lagos Marathon / Monalisa Chinda And Daughter, Tamar, Work Out At The Gym (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Renews Arrest Warrant For Actress Monalisa Chinda by MaziOmenuko: 11:06am On Apr 02, 2019
Sick ars'e country! If not that some of us our taxes are deducted from source, what the fvckk would anyone be paying tax for in this country? We provide our own water, light, security and medical care! What are you taxing us for? The security provided by govt kills us and uses us as shooting practice, the roads end up damaging our cars, the light providers end up extorting us with estimated billings; what the fvckk are we even benefiting from this silly country?

In ma next life, let me see the silly whatever that will bring me to this sick country again!

1 Like

Re: Court Renews Arrest Warrant For Actress Monalisa Chinda by chally100(m): 11:10am On Apr 02, 2019
Let them leave dis woman abeg, her beauty is alrdy paying the tax n contributing to d IGR of Lagos state
Re: Court Renews Arrest Warrant For Actress Monalisa Chinda by macello4(m): 11:12am On Apr 02, 2019
is it true 2face is a GAY?

Re: Court Renews Arrest Warrant For Actress Monalisa Chinda by forexprophet(m): 11:35am On Apr 02, 2019
Yoruba's are very lazy...they can only survive on tax....they have sold all their houses in Lagos to Igbo's...it either they are surviving on corporate take...market tax....bustop agbero tax or hawkers tax....I finally hate Yoruba's after I stayed in Lagos....they will continue to be Hausa slave..... God punish you if you quote me...

lastmessenger:
I mean these people are always trying to reap where they did not sow. Tell me the reason why any reasonable person will pay tax to this government that is so anti people.
Re: Court Renews Arrest Warrant For Actress Monalisa Chinda by bhella10: 11:50am On Apr 02, 2019
RZArecta2:
see mumu, has the court case been rounded up ? Im happy your slave masters taught you the word wailing so that your limited vocabulary will increase a bit
IPOB adherents always bitter.
Re: Court Renews Arrest Warrant For Actress Monalisa Chinda by bhella10: 11:53am On Apr 02, 2019
MaziOmenuko:
Sick ars'e country! If not that some of us our taxes are deducted from source, what the fvckk would anyone be paying tax for in this country? We provide our own water, light, security and medical care! What are you taxing us for? The security provided by govt kills us and uses us as shooting practice, the roads end up damaging our cars, the light providers end up extorting us with estimated billings; what the fvckk are we even benefiting from this silly country?

In ma next life, let me see the silly whatever that will bring me to this sick country again!
what are you waiting for? if you are tired of being a Nigerian the Lagoon is waiting for you hurry jump in.
Re: Court Renews Arrest Warrant For Actress Monalisa Chinda by rockh2065: 12:12pm On Apr 02, 2019
What type of career do you aspire to have? Do you want to be an artist, a business person, or a policymaker?

Or, have you ever wanted to become a farmer? I would not be surprised if you said no.

When weighing career choices, many young people in the developing world tend to shy away from agriculture. I, too, once found myself disenchanted by the small villages and rice fields I grew up seeing every day. As the conventional belief goes, agriculture means an archaic lifestyle and a future with limited opportunities for youth.

Re: Court Renews Arrest Warrant For Actress Monalisa Chinda by Ubenedictus(m): 12:14pm On Apr 02, 2019
Soulmender:
Government always coming to reap where they did not sow...... In America the government provide for you right from birth, support you in every way they can so when you grow up and start making it, you give back to government by paying tax to enable them support the dependent population (children and aged) . We'll keep evading tax unless government does something to support the citizens
How do you want the goverment to provide all that american amenities when we dont pay tax? or they told u america became a super power before american began paying tax?
Re: Court Renews Arrest Warrant For Actress Monalisa Chinda by RZArecta2(m): 12:41pm On Apr 02, 2019
bhella10:
IPOB adherents always bitter.
says a demi illiterate cool
Re: Court Renews Arrest Warrant For Actress Monalisa Chinda by Nobody: 12:49pm On Apr 02, 2019
Angelawhite:

You don’t have to swear to your Heavenly Father to be funny .
She owns a production company and is expected to pay some annual returns. She’s not paying tax as an actress but as a producer .
There's a way you can pass your message across maturely. I didn't swear as an act of fun. I'm not a comedian. I do not follow celebs on the social media so I didn't know that she had a production company! What does the company produce or manufacture if I may ask?
Re: Court Renews Arrest Warrant For Actress Monalisa Chinda by Nobody: 12:50pm On Apr 02, 2019
tofolo:
Everyone is supposed to pay taxes on income earned, but since Nigeria is anyhow country....... anything goes. angry
Hmmmm. True! True!
Re: Court Renews Arrest Warrant For Actress Monalisa Chinda by Nobody: 12:54pm On Apr 02, 2019
chikeze:

Stop displaying your ignorance here. She owns a company and should pay tax like everybody.
Bro, thanks for the embarrassment. It is typical of Nairaland. I do not follow celebs on the social media so I'm actually ignorant that she has a company. I only thought she was an actress. There's a way you would have passed your information across maturely. But like I said, it's typical of Nairaland. Anyways, what do they manufacture or produce? Just wanna know....I hope you won't also say I'm ignorant
Re: Court Renews Arrest Warrant For Actress Monalisa Chinda by Nobody: 12:55pm On Apr 02, 2019
krokronyash:

She's got a biz, dude. Not about acting.
Ok. Didn't know
Re: Court Renews Arrest Warrant For Actress Monalisa Chinda by ajayiopy: 1:02pm On Apr 02, 2019
NaijaCelebrity:
A Lagos High Lagos in Igbosere on Monday renewed a bench warrant for the arrest of actress and producer, Monalisa Chinda Coker, over a tax evasion charge.

Justice Adedayo Akintoye renewed the order for Coker’s arrest following her failure to appear in court for trial, allegedly since 2017.

She adjourned further proceedings till June 5.

When the case was called Monday, neither Coker nor her lawyer was present.

Prosecution counsel Babatunde Sumonu told the judge that the bench warrant had yet to be effected.

“The bench warrant is to continue,” Justice Akintoye held.

The judge made the original order for Coker’s arrest last January 21, following an application by the Lagos State Ministry of Justice.

The state alleged that Coker repeatedly failed to honour a court summons.

The application for her arrest flowed from a two-count charge accusing Coker of failure to file annual tax returns and pay income tax in respect of her company, Monalisa Code Productions, for six years.

Source: https://nollyzone.com/court-renews-arrest-warrant-for-actress-monalisa-chinda/

madam,
call wesly snipes for guideline b4 its late
Re: Court Renews Arrest Warrant For Actress Monalisa Chinda by bhella10: 1:29pm On Apr 02, 2019
RZArecta2:
says a demi illiterate cool
"Demi illiterate" cheesy

1 Like

Re: Court Renews Arrest Warrant For Actress Monalisa Chinda by Angelawhite(m): 2:09pm On Apr 02, 2019
MasterRahl:
There's a way you can pass your message across maturely. I didn't swear as an act of fun. I'm not a comedian. I do not follow celebs on the social media so I didn't know that she had a production company! What does the company produce or manufacture if I may ask?

The application for her arrest flowed from a two-count charge accusing Coker of failure to file annual tax ret tax in respect of her company, Monalisa Code Productions, for six years.

You don’t have to follow celebrities to comprehend a common news

She produces movies
Re: Court Renews Arrest Warrant For Actress Monalisa Chinda by Legendguru: 2:24pm On Apr 02, 2019
hmmm
Re: Court Renews Arrest Warrant For Actress Monalisa Chinda by Nobody: 3:52pm On Apr 02, 2019
Angelawhite:

You don’t have to follow celebrities to comprehend a common news

She produces movies
Thanks!
Re: Court Renews Arrest Warrant For Actress Monalisa Chinda by Angelawhite(m): 4:17pm On Apr 02, 2019
MasterRahl:
Thanks!

Welcome
Re: Court Renews Arrest Warrant For Actress Monalisa Chinda by Soulmender: 10:31pm On Apr 02, 2019
Ubenedictus:
How do you want the goverment to provide all that american amenities when we dont pay tax? or they told u america became a super power before american began paying tax?

How do you expect people to pay tax when government does not care about the citizens? it's only when you give that you expect something in return... Do you know how many SMEs that got off business due to the unfriendly and stiff policies of government?
I'm not in support of tax evasion but the government should do better.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

#BBNaija: “I Am Not Related To Cee-C” – Cynthia Obianodo, Ebuka’s Wife Cries Out / Actress Ufuoma-Mcdermott At The "Ghana Must Go" Movie Premiere / Stephanie Coker On Cee-C & Tobi: “Lord Save Me From This Kind Of Stupidity”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.