Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,850 members, 7,810,279 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:34 AM

Why You Are Making NO SALES Adverting On Facebook! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why You Are Making NO SALES Adverting On Facebook! (408 Views)

Here's Why You've Been Making No Sales Despite Spending Lots Of Money On Ads. / 3 Terrible Financial Mistakes You Are Making As A Youth / Reasons Why Others Are Making Money Online and You Are Losing Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why You Are Making NO SALES Adverting On Facebook! by shallyion: 6:32pm On Apr 02, 2019
Good day, just taught of sharing some valuable tips here with my fellow Nairalanders. Alot of persons have been trooping in to facebook this days to make use of the advertising platforms to sale their products ranging from electronics, shoes, bags, ebooks, houses etc. as over time different top guys and players social media advertising have been sharing testimonies of how lucrative, the massive reach your business and products could get to through facebook ads but many have ended up just spending those big naira (might look small in dolars) but no result seen. Well, 've been into same shoes before and I will show you how I got over poor or no sales at all advertising my products through facebook Ads.

As a big time profit earner and a coach in social media media marketing, I'm in touch with persons doing fb ads on a daily basis, and in general the main approaches that I see advertisers doing are two. One leads to loss of money, the other leads to some persons making over #300,000 daily.
So, what is the crucial difference?
The type of adverts that tends to lead to loss of money is where persons set up some nice looking ads, and point them to the vendor's page, i.e. direct linking. People tend to use facebook as a way to kill time/'socialize' and generally they are NOT in a buyer's mode. Think of your facebook user as a chick at a restaurant scrolling through fb while waiting for the waiter to come to take her order...do you think she's going to buy anything at this time, no matter how good the vendor's page is? Direct linking will not work with fb ads. Linking to a review page is a step in the right direction, but generally this is still too much of a hard sell to bring a profit from facebook traffic.

So what is the right way to do it?
1. First, set up an external blog or micro niche site. The site should be focused on the NICHE not the product. For example, I advise advertisers promoting a product like Andriod Phones to set up a page about Smartphones in general (recent release, latest phone technologies, specs etc.) rather than around the product. Each page should feature an opt-in for a free pdf report (on the side, corner, or as a pop-up). The report should contain actually useful information with a soft-sell for the product.

2. Next, set up a niche-specific facebook page. On this page, have posts that are share-able, such as pictures, infographics, and articles of the "top 6 things..."/ "10 tips for.." etc type. These posts should link to pages on your external page. For example, “3 ways to know an original smartphone”, “10 tips to make your smartphone battery last long”, “Top 5 best smartphones with 2019 technology”, etc..

3. When running the ads, link to posts on the facebook page (not directly to the external page). Obviously, writing catchy headlines and finding an attention-grabbing picture is very important. I would recommend you follow established pages such as viral thread, ladbible, etc. to get ideas on headings and graphics that get people to click on.

4. With this set up, you should get lots of ppl to your page from the ads, and through their engagement (likes/tags/shares of posts), this will further provide free publicity to your page (each time a person likes/shares a post, their friends will see it on their home feed). Many will click through to your external blog/site, and if you have an incentivized opt in (free report), it is likely many will opt (fb traffic is a sucker for free stuff). If your free report/mini course is set up right (soft sells work best), then kick back and watch the cash bumping into your account.

5. Eventually, when you get enough people liking your page, you can decrease/stop your ad budget altogether, as the page will promote itself
through user engagement. I like to emphasize this - you should always have a niche-specific facebook page set up, and send traffic from the fb ads to it. That way, each time each person engages with the page (likes it or likes/shares/comments on a post), it will show up in their friends' newsfeed/home, and this will generate free further exposure of your page, creating a snowball effect. The key is creating engage-able posts. IMHO, fb ads that do not funnel traffic to fb pages are missing out big time.

Going back to the example chick scrolling facebook at the restaurant...it is likely she won't be buying anything, no matter how good the offer. However, it is very easy to get her to like, comment or even share a post from your page through an ad. If she has 500 friends on fb, let's assume 200 of these see her engagement on their fb home feed (Chick X likes/shared ....) and let's assume at least 20 (10%) are interested in the same topic as she is. There's a good chance you may get a sale out of these 20 (who may be sitting at home, opt in, and buy through the incentivized opt in)...but even better, it is likely that a couple of these 20 will also engage with your post (like/share/comment). Focus on having a page full of useful and engage-able content while you are running ads, not on immediately sales (that will come automatically if your set up is as described above).

Lets drop our comments to share our various experiences or ask your questions if you are a newbie or wanting to start Facebook Ads...All Here For U!
Re: Why You Are Making NO SALES Adverting On Facebook! by xfactordv: 11:31pm On Apr 02, 2019
As a mini importer with a tight budget who wants to run ads on stretch marks products .what do u sugest i do?
Re: Why You Are Making NO SALES Adverting On Facebook! by Suleletul: 9:28pm On Apr 25, 2019
I don’t think that Facebook is so popular anymore. It also is failing as a marketing tool and place to promote your goods. Some other programs like Google Ads are much better for this purpose
Re: Why You Are Making NO SALES Adverting On Facebook! by JDMS: 10:21am On Aug 07, 2019
Please can anyone help me. I have been trying to rrun Facebook ad on my shoe business, but they keep rejecting it. If I run other ads they will approve it.

How can I go about it or has Facebook ban such ad

(1) (Reply)

. / Buy Cheap Data From Me / Earn N50,000 Or More Monthly Without Quiting Your Present Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.